nintendo direct mini: what's playstation's answer to monster hunter rise?

• 66 results
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@sakaixx hahaha told you.

monster hunter world 2 comes out in march and its switch exclusive! lol

thanks for beta testing all the new features like seamless world and filling capcoms pockets to make this switch masterpiece!

---

other games announced

monster hunter stories 2

disgaea 6

rune factory 5

sniper elite 4

ori 2

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I don't believe you're actually a sheep. This thread feels like too much of a parody. You're a lem in sheeps clothing.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I don't care for Monster Hunter but I can't understand why I'm interested in hearing more about Rune Factory 5.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I don't believe you're actually a sheep. This thread feels like too much of a parody. You're a lem in sheeps clothing.

i never bought an xbox one. however i still own an xbox 360.

idk i am a nintendo fan the loves to hate on sony ...shrug..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39229 Posts

The Switch can't even handle MHW1 which is running on MTframework, an engine from 09 lol. Let alone the sequel to MHW which will be next gen exclusive just like RE8.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd

@hardwenzen said:

The Switch can't even handle MHW1 which is running on MTframework, an engine from 09 lol. Let alone the sequel to MHW which will be next gen exclusive just like RE8.

or maybe youll get monster hunter rise ultimate.....lol after switch owners have fully digested it.

no soup... i mean...monster hunter for you. until who knows lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44307 Posts

Definitely looking forward to both Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@KBFloYd: Its an easy cash grab on the side. MHW2 is where its at, and that's for the end of 2021 at the earliest.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

well thats a nice surprise. i must get monster hunter stories 1 for the 3DS. a fitting last game for the handheld for me i think.

both games look interesting. I havent even got monster hunter world yet and i have gen ultimate on the switch to still play more of (i just got as far as meeting the 4 main monsters. a lot of game to go...A LOT).

so a lot of monster hunter on the horizon.

on a side note: the visual jump from gen ultimate to this is immense. as handhelds go the jump from the 3DS or even the vita (beastly handheld for it's time) to the switch is quite pronounced.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hardwenzen

You should put the trailer in the OP. Gameplay doesn't look bad and i would certainly play it on whatever system it comes out later.

What i am really waiting for tho is the next gen MH experience. Give me 8 player hunts. Full open world a la Skyrim where you have to track down monsters and its not just going through corridors. Actual hubs that can support 50+ player per hub. More customization and a much harder and varied endgame. Come on Daddy Capcom.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KBFloYd

@osan0 said:

well thats a nice surprise. i must get monster hunter stories 1 for the 3DS. a fitting last game for the handheld for me i think.

both games look interesting. I havent even got monster hunter world yet and i have gen ultimate on the switch to still play more of (i just got as far as meeting the 4 main monsters. a lot of game to go...A LOT).

so a lot of monster hunter on the horizon.

on a side note: the visual jump from gen ultimate to this is immense. as handhelds go the jump from the 3DS or even the vita (beastly handheld for it's time) to the switch is quite pronounced.

yes, remember the switch is a slightly beefier PS3. So its capable of HD visuals seamless open world map loading.

also love how you can climb anywhere like breath of the wild, ride on your own dog, and use a hookshot(bug) to reach new places.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KBFloYd

@hardwenzen said:

You should put the trailer in the OP. Gameplay doesn't look bad and i would certainly play it on whatever system it comes out later.

What i am really waiting for tho is the next gen MH experience. Give me 8 player hunts. Full open world a la Skyrim where you have to track down monsters and its not just going through corridors. Actual hubs that can support 50+ player per hub. More customization and a much harder and varied endgame. Come on Daddy Capcom.

you might get it but not anytime soon ;-)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

Goddamnit Capcom what you doing wasting money on Nintendo, AAA dont sell there dont go back to being Crapcom.

That aside as long as you don't have to clutch claw the monster the sling is pretty cool.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

So a sequel that will both look and perform WAY worse then the original lol, thanks for the laugh yet again KB.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#15 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@Archangel3371: Same. Love MH series and Stories. Super excited for Stories 2. Also Disgaea 6!

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16 adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 2580 Posts

I'm a monster hunter fan, and I'm more hyped about MH Stories 2 than Rise, for basically 2 things: The graphics, i'm not saying they look particularly bad, but they seem to be using the same assets of MH 3 portable for PS3 and definitely looks old, and then we have Monster Hunter Stories 2 which looks beautiful so its preety meh in comparison; Second and probably more important, the verticality, monsters have various attacks in which they throw you, it probably will be really annoying if you keep falling once and once again in a hunt and definitely they will be pushing aerial fights like they did with underwater fights in tri.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44307 Posts

@svaubel: Yeah, Disgaea 6 looked pretty cool as well. I’m interested in that one too.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Oh no. Gotta disagree on the 8 player hunts. just because its technically possible to do something doesn't mean they should do it. i mean they probbaly could do 8+ players now on a PS4 or X1. but 8 long sword players in close proximity....*shudder*.

to be honest normal monsters should have a cap of 3 players imho...even 4 gets messy and, at the same time, a bit too lenient (more times between a players turn to get wailed on :P)

unless its some mega epic sized monster, at least keep it at 4.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sakaiXx

Also first time seeing mainline Disgaea announced first on Nintendo. Times has changed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@osan0 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Oh no. Gotta disagree on the 8 player hunts. just because its technically possible to do something doesn't mean they should do it. i mean they probbaly could do 8+ players now on a PS4 or X1. but 8 long sword players in close proximity....*shudder*.

to be honest normal monsters should have a cap of 3 players imho...even 4 gets messy and, at the same time, a bit too lenient (more times between a players turn to get wailed on :P)

Who even plays without flinch free in multiplayer? So really, it wouldn't be an issue if you used the perk.

What i want is 8 players endgame. The hardest and most challenging content to be double team based. No need 8 players for your standard campaign, but an 8 players unlockable mode after beating the campaign (instead of the boring Grinding Lands) would be tight.

Of all the new things they could add, 8 players coop would be the one i'd like to see the most.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Monster Hunter 2 is going to be a timed exclusive, but sure I'll play along- the answer is Demon's Souls remake for PS5 in November

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@osan0 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Who even plays without flinch free in multiplayer? So really, it wouldn't be an issue if you used the perk.

What i want is 8 players endgame. The hardest and most challenging content to be double team based. No need 8 players for your standard campaign, but an 8 players unlockable mode after beating the campaign (instead of the boring Grinding Lands) would be tight.

Of all the new things they could add, 8 players coop would be the one i'd like to see the most.

LS players dont.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@osan0 said:
@hardwenzen said:

LS players dont.

Wish they banned all LS mains and forced them to play Fortnite for 1000 hours.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45257 Posts

I've tried to get into Monster Hunter World a couple times. This series is just so boring to me lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

I've tried to get into Monster Hunter World a couple times. This series is just so boring to me lol.

Let me guess, you played it by yourself? This is one of those series that is 6/10 worthy when playing solo, but 9.5/10 worthy when playing with others.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44606 Posts

What ever happened to a new SMT game? The Switch turns 4 years old in a few months and the only SMT related games was Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Persona 5 Scramble which shows no signs of releasing outside Japan.

Sony's answer? Giving Persona 5 out for free as a PS+ perk on PS5.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I never got into Monster Hunter games so this didn't really do much for me. Nothing particularly grabbed me in this Direct. Will of the Wisps? Cool I guess.

@lamprey263 said:

What ever happened to a new SMT game? The Switch turns 4 years old in a few months and the only SMT related games was Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Persona 5 Scramble which shows no signs of releasing outside Japan.

Sony's answer? Giving Persona 5 out for free as a PS+ perk on PS5.

They showed off SMT a couple months ago. It's coming out next year.

Loading Video...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

Monster Hunter 2 is going to be a timed exclusive, but sure I'll play along- the answer is Demon's Souls remake for PS5 in November

a port of an old ass game? lol

what happened to "show me new games"?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@osan0 said:

LS players dont.

Suck it waste that lvl 3 slot for that useless flinch free lvl1 while LS and DB users get that free natural FF, DPS babyyy ~~~~~

Ughh imagine I had to share this excitement with nintendo fans blergh that gonna sucks.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd

@sakaixx said:

Suck it waste that lvl 3 slot for that useless flinch free lvl1 while LS and DB users get that free natural FF, DPS babyyy ~~~~~

Ughh imagine I had to share this excitement with nintendo fans blergh that gonna sucks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@osan0 said:

LS players dont.

Fookin toxic LS mains. I remember being sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo triggered by LS users before i began running Flinch Free on all multiplayer builds as CB main. I was literally bitching at my screen when getting interrupted 3+ times in a row trying to SAED

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Megatons as far as I'm concerned: MHR, MHS2, RF5, D6, SMT V. Much more exciting to me than new hardware to play old games on.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

PS5

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:

Megatons as far as I'm concerned: MHR, MHS2, RF5, SMT V. Much more exciting to me than new hardware to play old games on.

You didnt preorder Mario?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sakaiXx
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

LS players dont.

Fookin toxic LS mains. I remember being sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo triggered by LS users before i began running Flinch Free on all multiplayer builds as CB main. I was literally bitching at my screen when getting interrupted 3+ times in a row trying to SAED

Haha sorry bout that but when I am using LS I actually took extra care in positioning. If I see any players going for head when monster is down I instead attacks the tail or wherever else. I mained all weapons except for Gunlance, switch axe and insect glaive in my MH career so I know how it feels. Still, DPS >>>>>>>>>>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

Megatons as far as I'm concerned: MHR, MHS2, RF5, SMT V. Much more exciting to me than new hardware to play old games on.

Yep, coming tomorrow. I'll probably keep it sealed and play it digitally.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sakaiXx

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:

Yep, coming tomorrow. I'll probably keep it sealed and play it digitally.

But Mario is old game

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I didn't expect Ori and the Will of the Wisps to ever get a Switch release. Happy with that one.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

was excited disgaea 6 was announced but after seeing it im a bit baffled why it looks...bland. Is that just me? Maybe the dood talking over it was ruining the vibe perhaps.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 adsparky  Online

@Zidaneski: One of Disgaeas trademarks were their sprite graphics and now it looks like any run of the mill NIS game.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@adsparky: yeah just on visuals alone I'm dissappointed but hopefully some better trailers will get me excited cause i love disgaea games. if all these games turn out to be amazing i may actually rebuy a switch.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sakaiXx

@adsparky said:

@Zidaneski: One of Disgaeas trademarks were their sprite graphics and now it looks like any run of the mill NIS game.

Probably the new char just lacks the charm. Laharl is so iconic he still milked in the new series. Btw did they port Disgaea D2 or is it still only on PS3? Skipped straight to 5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69801 Posts

Nice to see Ori added to the Switch. They should release it on the PS4/5.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 adsparky  Online

@sakaixx: As far as I know Disgaea D2 is still only on PS3.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Monster Hunter World in 4k60.

The only place it would even matter is Japan,but even then it's not like PS5 will sell well there anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Disgaea 6 is exclusive to Switch in the West for some odd reason. Guess the previous games did much better on Nintendo systems than they ever did on Playstation in the West.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

a port of an old ass game? lol

what happened to "show me new games"?

Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Destruction AllStars, Godfall, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, God of War sequel...still not enough for you?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Yay. More Disgaea.

Will wait until it comes out on a better system. Those games look great at high resolutions. Gonna look mucky on Switch.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44606 Posts

@jaydan: OMFG! Thanks for that.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23943 Posts

Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and Hades look great and coming today! This is definately more exciting than the last one.

I have been waiting for a long time for more information about my favorite Console Capitalist Sim: Rune Factory 5. I hope they have an option for overhead while farming, just for the more precision.

@Zidaneski said:

was excited disgaea 6 was announced but after seeing it im a bit baffled why it looks...bland. Is that just me? Maybe the dood talking over it was ruining the vibe perhaps.

I think it was the 3D graphics. It looked better in sprites.