Nintendo apologizes for Pokémon performance issues (but still outsells GOWR)

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Imagine if they had a functional game! I kid, I kid.

Anyway, they issued an apology because their game runs like the defecation a dog left on the sidewalk on a scorching summer day after said dog just ate a burrito from its all-too-permissive owner.

"We are aware that players may encounter issues that affect the games' performance. Our goal is always to give players a positive experience with our games, and we apologize for the inconvenience," the statement reads. "We take the feedback from players seriously and are working on improvements to the games."

Source

Whether they will kick Game Freak in the ass to release a better product remains to be seen but when you're breaking records despite releasing your worst main entry yet, why should you worry about silly things like QA and player experience?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

That's right Nintendo knows kids will buy their games no matter the performance or how many times they release the same game...lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

A bit of a 180 from their previous statement saying they've had no complaints about performance.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

I'm surprised they apologized. At this point, they can come out with a Direct saying, "You chumps will buy anything, we're not improving shit! See ya next time you worthless sheep! We are in command of your nostalgia!"

And they'd be perfectly fine

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

The blame goes to GameFreak and Nintendo had nothing to do with the development but still taking responsibility is a nice thing they are doing with the refunds.

It's pretty clear GameFreak needs more people or resources if they want to continue making Pokemon main games.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Thank you Nintendo.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Meh ... so disappointed, not only the game has failed to fully evolve (no pun intented) but it has even gone backwards in terms of quality and innovation. It's crazy to think that people wanted a 3D Pokemon for years with online functionality and Game Freak basically delivered a bad 360 game early title.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I'm just disgusted by the graphics of that new Pokemon game. Looks like the GameCube could handle it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

When will Nintendo apologize for releasing games with visuals from over 15 years ago? How is this accepable? Their animations are also straight up from the PS1 era. Da f*ck.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#11 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

The main problem with Game Freak is time. They keep pumping out a new Pokemon every year. If only they could spend a good 2-3 years to develop a strong Pokemon open-world AAA game... But that's unlikely to happen, because that would slow down the roll-out for the anime, cards, merchandise, etc. Considering how the Pokemon licensed merchandise alone generates $8 billion+ every year, the Pokemon franchise could be losing billions if the core games get delayed.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Nintendo always shit on their fans, strange that they let them.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I won't be buying it until it's fixed.

And as said above, I think they need to take a year off with Pokemon.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I've always viewed Nintendo as the one company that strives to delivery quality content, but perhaps my view was misplaced? I'm not sure. Hopefully they take this seriously.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Imagine if the pokemon games looked as good as Kena. Imagine if Nintendo had an online infrastructure that is from the 21st century. Imagine if their games had 3 years of development. Imagine if pokemon entries had non childish writing. Imagine if you could play them 4 players coop, had a bunch of pvp ranked modes, etc.

I am not even a fan of Pokemon titles, never was even when i was a kid, but holy f*cking shit, this franchise is being held back BY A F*CKTON. Its kinda insane when you think about what it could have been/should have been for some time now. I remember vividly thinking of what a Pokemon mmo could've been DURING THE GC ERA. We're at the end of 2022, and this franchise can't even do open world, let alone a multiplayer focused video game.

This is Nintendo for you, a god damn joke.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

"We thought you'd be ok enough with the issues, but now that you're being very angry and vocal on the internet, we give you an apology".

Thanks Nintendo. But maybe make sure your games work before selling them instead?