Nintendo Adds Option To Pre-Order to the eShop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

This should certainly be helpful, especially given the upcoming release of highly hyped and anticipated titles such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#2 Posted by freedomfreak (49991 posts) -

That's a nice feature. I don't preorder games digitally, but cool, nonetheless.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#3 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9315 posts) -

This only really matters to me if they are going to pre-load games. Surely they will, right?

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#4 Edited by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

I get pre-ordering digital games. But my god is it the dumbest thing ever.

Avatar image for Xaero_Gravity
#5 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9788 posts) -

I don't see the point in pre ordering a digital game unless it allows you to pre load.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#6 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9315 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

I get pre-ordering digital games. But my god is it the dumbest thing ever.

Well, sometimes Nintendo games come out on Friday, and if for some reason I'm inclined to get the digital version, it would be nice to be able to preorder it on Thursday and download the game so that it will be unlocked by the time I get home from work on Friday. That would be better than waiting until midnight for the game to officially release so I can purchase and start downloading it. I usually just get the retail version anyway, though.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#7 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5122 posts) -

Sounds kinda cool.

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#8 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I get pre-ordering digital games. But my god is it the dumbest thing ever.

Well, sometimes Nintendo games come out on Friday, and if for some reason I'm inclined to get the digital version, it would be nice to be able to preorder it on Thursday and download the game so that it will be unlocked by the time I get home from work on Friday. That would be better than waiting until midnight for the game to officially release so I can purchase and start downloading it. I usually just get the retail version anyway, though.

Yeah Pre-load or bust man.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#9 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

I agree with ya'all- pre-ordering digital games without allowing for pre-loading them is remarkably dumb and redundant. Still, I guess this is the first step towards that (I guess?)

Avatar image for T3H_1337_N1NJ4
#10 Edited by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2207 posts) -

I'd rather take a pre-order discount than a pre-load.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
#11 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26969 posts) -

^^Yeah. Problem with digital items as pre-orders. You might get a bonus for pre-ordering a game though. Something like being able to play the game earlier or more content.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#12 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

^^Yeah. Problem with digital items as pre-orders. You might get a bonus for pre-ordering a game though. Something like being able to play the game earlier or more content.

That is what Nintendo did with the pre-orders of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. People who went digital got to play it a month early.

Avatar image for Heil68
#13 Posted by Heil68 (57914 posts) -

There has to be some sort of incentive to pre order digital. Like $20 off for example.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#14 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

There has to be some sort of incentive to pre order digital. Like $20 off for example.

Pre-loading is a nice one. Now they just need to enable it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#15 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (24928 posts) -

Preordering is pointless. Digital preordering even more so.