Ninja Gaiden II graphics = not amazing

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

Ok let me start off by saying that I plan on getting this game and I know it will be great gameplay wise, but I saw some new images today of Ninja Gaiden II and to be honest I wasnt impressed.

heres a link showing the preview:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/849/849080p1.html

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
Yeah, they really don't look that great. But there can't be any slowdown because slowdown would actually affect the gameplay.
Action-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Action-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Everybody knows that.

I see this game scoring 8.5 - 9.0...similar to the scores DMC4 is getting so far.

EDIT: Oh **** those are warewoles? damn I couldnt even tell :(

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
What's wrong with the graphics?
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BreakingPoint8

Everybody knows that.

I see this game scoring 8.5 - 9.0...similar to the scores DMC4 is getting so far.

Action-Gamer

Ninja Gaiden has always crushed Devil May Cry in gameplay, that's why it has always scored AAA, even a 3 year old port achieved this.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

What's wrong with the graphics?BreakingPoint8

I like werewolves and ninjas as much as the next guy, but I thought the models were too stiff looking and something else I cant put my finger on. Point being, it doesn't impress me visually.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Not amazing but it looks ok
Action-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Action-Gamer
[QUOTE="Action-Gamer"]

Everybody knows that.

BreakingPoint8

Ninja Gaiden has always crushed Devil May Cry in gameplay, that's why it has always scored AAA, even a 3 year old port achieved this.

Nah I think Devil May Cry gameplay is bjust as good or better IMO and the only reason SIGMA scored that high was due to what was available on PS3 atm. Perfect Dark Zero scored AAA too

I mean seriously it was the best gaming experience on PS3 at the time ( besides RFOM ). It was NG VS Genji? lmao

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts
Huh? People are not impessed because of bullshots from other companies. The gameplay trailer is really impressive stuff, graphically. Because games show bullshot pics (beside killzone 2, which graphically looks godly), this game looks bad? The game is probably top 10 games graphically coming out (best looking xbox 360 exclusive too, if we don't account that the alan wake shots as non bull shot).
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

I think it's gonna look real sweet running on your HDTV.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BreakingPoint8

[QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"]What's wrong with the graphics?zeeerrr

I like werewolves and ninjas as much as the next guy, but I thought the models were too stiff looking and something els I cant put my finger on. Point being, it doesn't impress me visually.

Looks better in motion.

Team Ninjas main focus has been gameplay with Ninja Gaiden II, making it more enjoyable for the player.

renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
its probably because all the graphical power is going into making as much blood as possible
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Huh? People are not impessed because of bullshots from other companies. The gameplay trailer is really impressive stuff, graphically. Because games show bullshot pics (beside killzone 2, which graphically looks godly), this game looks bad? The game is probably top 10 games graphically coming out (best looking xbox 360 exclusive too, if we don't account that the alan wake shots as non bull shot). numba1234

Killzone 2 has bullshot pics also.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
I thought I heard somewhere that it was using the Xbox engine with slightly improved graphics; that may be why. Regardless, it will play amazing.
deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to be amazing with decent graphics and excellent gameplay its one of the few reasons I even have a 360. The TC mentioned graphics not being amazing what about DMC4. I love the DMC series, but after playing the demo the graphics and the gameplay didn't impress me at all. Graphics wise after playing DMC4 having played Sigma on the PS3 and looking at some gameplay photos it looks like a total draw in the graphics department for both DMC4 and NG2, but the edge goes to NG2 because of gameplay.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMO
Exeed_Orbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Exeed_Orbit
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
Looks good enough for me if you ask me, but then again, I'm not a graphics whore. It doesn't take that great of graphics to keep me happy when playing a game. The gameplay has to be good, and that's it. And so far, the NG series has provided that.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="Action-Gamer"]

Everybody knows that.

BreakingPoint8

I don't see why people compare the two since the fighting systems are totally different. It's like comparing Forza to NFS.

Anyway, it looks washed out I guess, I don't know. Can't really put my finger on it. If there was an Xbox 1.5, then it could probably run this.
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMOsaolin323
It looks the same, with more blood. If you want to comment on the NG SIGMA on ps3, expect some graphic screenshots to back it up

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BreakingPoint8
[QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"][QUOTE="Action-Gamer"]

Everybody knows that.

Tiefster

I don't see why people compare the two since the fighting systems are totally different. It's like comparing Forza to NFS.

Anyway, it looks washed out I guess, I don't know. Can't really put my finger on it. If there was an Xbox 1.5, then it could probably run this.

Whatever you say, I don't feel like going back and forth about this.
Dark-KnTght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark-KnTght
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts
It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMOsaolin323
No, it looks the same if not slightly worse. Just look at those screens ^^. Don't be a fanboy
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tiefster
[QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"][QUOTE="Action-Gamer"]

Everybody knows that.

BreakingPoint8

Whatever you say, I don't feel like going back and forth about this.

I don't know what it is...there's just something about it. We will have to see a final product before any of us can see if it looks good or bad. Either way I doubt they'll deduct too many points here for graphics since NG is a GS favorite.
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BreakingPoint8

[QUOTE="saolin323"]It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMODark-KnTght
No, it looks the same if not slightly worse. Just look at those screens ^^. Don't be a fanboy

I own Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I've seen the videos for Ninja Gaiden II, Ninja Gaiden II looks better.

Why this is the main focus is beyond me, if anyone was interested in the game their focus would be in the gameplay.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma looked great, so if it looks the same to you then it also looks great. What's the problem here exactly?

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tiefster

[QUOTE="Dark-KnTght"][QUOTE="saolin323"]It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMOBreakingPoint8

I own Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I've seen the videos for Ninja Gaiden II, Ninja Gaiden II looks better.

Why this is the main focus is beyond me, if anyone was interested in the game their focus would be in the gameplay.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma looked great, so if it looks the same to you then it also looks great. What's the problem here exactly?

Good point. I think this gen has made too many people graphics whores.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Who cares it looks like great fun.

Its visuals are simply nice.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Who cares it looks like great fun.

Its visuals are simply nice.

skrat_01

this man speaks truth. the graphics don't hurt the game by any stretch. no ugly textures. and I'm sure it'll be practically glitch-free. silky smooth @ 60fps.

Dark-KnTght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dark-KnTght
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark-KnTght"][QUOTE="saolin323"]It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMOBreakingPoint8

I own NGS aswell and at this point it looks better than NG2. I never complained about the graphics I only answered a fanboy.

I think the graphics are adequate and not the focus of games in this genre. GOW3 is going to look mind blowing though lol

Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

Huh? People are not impessed because of bullshots from other companies. The gameplay trailer is really impressive stuff, graphically. Because games show bullshot pics (beside killzone 2, which graphically looks godly), this game looks bad? The game is probably top 10 games graphically coming out (best looking xbox 360 exclusive too, if we don't account that the alan wake shots as non bull shot). numba1234

You forgot Resistance 2 and these have the ungodly levels of AA that are typically in bullshots also. This may well be top 10, but I would have to see more to tell because I'm not impressed with the texture work so far.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tiefster

[QUOTE="numba1234"]Huh? People are not impessed because of bullshots from other companies. The gameplay trailer is really impressive stuff, graphically. Because games show bullshot pics (beside killzone 2, which graphically looks godly), this game looks bad? The game is probably top 10 games graphically coming out (best looking xbox 360 exclusive too, if we don't account that the alan wake shots as non bull shot). Aidenfury19

You forgot Resistance 2 and these have the ungodly levels of AA that are typically in bullshots also. This may well be top 10, but I would have to see more to tell because I'm not impressed with the texture work so far.

Thats what it was! The textures. They're not ugly they're just weird to me.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

Back in Xbox 1 days, Ninja Gaiden was the BEST looking game around, ad that did contribute to a lot of the great scores it received.

Ninja Gaiden 2 just doesnt have the same impact. The graphics look sufficient, but I would expect a little bit better from Team Ninja

peacenutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 peacenutman
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts
[QUOTE="Action-Gamer"]

Everybody knows that.

BreakingPoint8

I thought NG outscore DMC3 because of NG has better graphics and DMC has punishing difficulty.

And I wouldnt say NG is gameplay superior than DMC3, since I abuse a lot of elixirs, and spam techniques like flying swallow and lunars, XXXYYYY combo which I forgot what it is. IN DMC3, I actaully try to use different combos for different enemies.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

its probably because all the graphical power is going into making as much blood as possiblerenger6002

And the jiggling massive b00bs. Apparently each one takes up 1/4 of the total disk space.

Action-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Action-Gamer
[QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"][QUOTE="Action-Gamer"]

Everybody knows that.

peacenutman

I thought NG outscore DMC3 because of NG has better graphics and DMC has punishing difficulty.

And I wouldnt say NG is gameplay superior than DMC3, since I abuse a lot of elixirs, and spam techniques like flying swallow and lunars, XXXYYYY combo which I forgot what it is. IN DMC3, I actaully try to use different combos for different enemies.

Couldn't have said it better.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

Back in Xbox 1 days, Ninja Gaiden was the BEST looking game around, ad that did contribute to a lot of the great scores it received.

Ninja Gaiden 2 just doesnt have the same impact. The graphics look sufficient, but I would expect a little bit better from Team Ninja

whocares4peace

Agreed, although I always thought those demon dinosaurs and some of those freaky enemies looked liked plastic or were coated in some kind of odd shiny liquid.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
it will look great in motion. it's a fast paced game.
mysticmike01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mysticmike01
Member since 2006 • 294 Posts
The game is obviously going to look very very nice in motion. Come on, now. Team Ninja doesn't screw around when it comes to the graphical department of a game. And Ninja Gaiden 2 is no exception. Stop using still pics for basis in your arguments. Play the game on a HD tele and then talk about it.
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

Ahhh.... the poor cows..... must be going crazy knowing that they'll never play this game, unless they flop down some quid for a RROD machine.

oh and FYI.... IGN had a podcast last week where they called a guy that played the game hands on..... he says its absolutely amazing visually. I believe he says "its everything I could have hoped for"

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skrat_01

Ahhh.... the poor cows..... must be going crazy knowing that they'll never play this game, unless they flop down some quid for a RROD machine.

Veterngamer
If Ninja Gaiden on the PS3 sold well and made a nice amount of profit, im sure it might get ported in the forseable future.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

skrat_01

If Ninja Gaiden on the PS3 sold well and made a nice amount of profit, im sure it might get ported in the forseable future.

Thats not going to happen.

NG2 is published by MS, the orignal wasnt.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

whocares4peace

Thats not going to happen.

NG2 is published by MS, the orignal wasnt.

Published by MS?

Well in that case I stand corrected

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
The graphics might not have improved sense sigma but if you watch the gameplay videos you can clearly see that the Physics are a lot better.
Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

Good, it's about time developers concentrated more on gameplay rather then just trying to sell a game on it's oh so pretty graphics, I like good graphics as much as the next person but when gameplay is scarified just so you can stuff in a few more pixels there's something wrong, we enjoyed games just fine with last generation graphics same as the graphics before that gen and so on. Hopefully this may prompt other developers to concentrate more on gameplay rather then graphics.

Sorry if that was a little rantish.

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
I agree, they're smooth and clean however.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

The graphics might not have improved sense sigma but if you watch the gameplay videos you can clearly see that the Physics are a lot better. JLF1

they are improved, but not by much

Anti-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Anti-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

Can't hardly tell the difference between that and sigma.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
The problem is it looks far too similar to NG on the XB. Sure the resolution is much better and the character models look better, but the asthetic's of the game look like NG XB. Like the OP said this game is a must buy period, but I was far mar impressed with DMC4.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
its only the blood that makes it look slightly better. tbh i cant tell a big difference between ng2 and sigma.
7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts
NG II uses the same engine that has been used forever, its just updated, Like Halo 3. It would have been nice to see a new graphics engine in NGII, but it probably would have taken alot longer to dev.
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Meh, you hear this kind of griping about pretty much every high profile game on the horizon. No matter now nice it looks, there's always going to be a, "bleh" or two in the audience.
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

[QUOTE="saolin323"]It looks a lot better than NG Sigma on PS3, that is more than enough IMOnumba1234

It looks the same, with more blood. If you want to comment on the NG SIGMA on ps3, expect some graphic screenshots to back it up

Nice job posting bullshots. Those shot are so rigged look anyone could do the same thing with the NG2 pics. This guy from gametrailers did it.

:roll: And all the guy did was photoshoped it.