Ninja Gaiden 3 revealed

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

With Capcom killing Devil May Cry and no Bayonetta 2 in sight, we need another action game to fill the void. I'm fine with that game being Ninja Gaiden 3.

Slashkice

Really dude your going that far? Its not DMC5 its a reboot dude.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Slashkice

Yep, hate everything I've seen so far of the game.

• New Dante looks terrible
  • Visually it looks worse than the silky-smooth DMC4
  • Capcom rebooted a series that didn't need a reboot (if DMC4 sold terribly it would make sense, but it's the best-selling game in the franchise)
  • Combat looks slower than previous games
  • Psychological slant in Devil May Cry? No, just no.
  • It's Ninja Theory. I've played Heavenly Sword. They have not proven they're worthy of handling this franchise.

wow i feel the exact oppisite

-love the look of dante

-visual wise I like the art direction where they are heading towards

-Reboot is a way capcom can do something different if they want to and not effect the lore or characters of the orginal universe. Also I guess they dont uber fans wouldint be annoyed since they cleary said reboot and not DMC5

-Combat wise idk I cant judge and neither can you since im pretty sure thats not acutal combat gameplay. Its more like watching a cutscene and trying to say thats how the combat is which it never is.

-The whole Psychological thing seems ok since again its a reboot and not orginal dante. I actually wanna see wheres that headed.

-So far all we got from NT is HS. Lets see how the upcoming enslaved does and then get worried or not.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Nice. Unlike a lot of people I actually liked NG2. Maybe because I never got to play Black and only played the original for Xbox...

Interested in seeing more.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

i have NG2 and didnt even put the disk in my 360 yet..im too busy playing RDR

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 finalfantasy94

Nice. Unlike a lot of people I actually liked NG2. Maybe because I never got to play Black and only played the original for Xbox...

Interested in seeing more.

StealthSting

I dont hate NG2. I found it actually fun. Though not as hard as the previous game.

IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
Looks really cool. First Nina Gaiden for me. Really interested in Team Ninja after finishing Other M.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

wow i feel the exact oppisite

-love the look of dante

-visual wise I like the art direction where they are heading towards

-Reboot is a way capcom can do something different if they want to and not effect the lore or characters of the orginal universe. Also I guess they dont uber fans wouldint be annoyed since they cleary said reboot and not DMC5

-Combat wise idk I cant judge and neither can you since im pretty sure thats not acutal combat gameplay. Its more like watching a cutscene and trying to say thats how the combat is which it never is.

-The whole Psychological thing seems ok since again its a reboot and not orginal dante. I actually wanna see wheres that headed.

-So far all we got from NT is HS. Lets see how the upcoming enslaved does and then get worried or not.

Slashkice

Cutscenes in Devil May Cry didn't reflect the gameplay because they were always crazier than what the player could actually do in the game. What we saw in the trailer was a lot tamer than both the gameplay, and the cutscenes, which is what worries me.

Enslaved is their newest game, but unlike Heavenly Sword, it's not really a glimpse at how Devil May Cry will turn out. HS was an action game in the same vein as God of War, different from the style of DMC but the closest they've done so far. Enslaved isn't a hack-and-slash - in Qore I think they said combat is only something like 1/3 of the game, and from the demo, it shows. Graphically, Enslaved looks really good, but there was a fair bit of screentearing and the framerate had noticeable hitches. The gameplay is hard to judge since it was basically the tutorial level and everything was on-rails, but I wasn't impressed.

I still say its unfair to judge gameplay by this trailer. Once we see it running adn actually playing then the judging can begin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Slashkice

Yep, hate everything I've seen so far of the game.

• New Dante looks terrible
  • Visually it looks worse than the silky-smooth DMC4
  • Capcom rebooted a series that didn't need a reboot (if DMC4 sold terribly it would make sense, but it's the best-selling game in the franchise)
  • Combat looks slower than previous games
  • Psychological slant in Devil May Cry? No, just no.
  • It's Ninja Theory. I've played Heavenly Sword. They have not proven they're worthy of handling this franchise.

I thought heavenly sword had good, fun combat. I dont see that as a bad thing at all.

AvnKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AvnKnight
Member since 2006 • 840 Posts

Hopefully its good, either way Im getting it. I love NG.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

NGS felt the same to NG. Also did itagaki help with NG2?

Slashkice

Yeah, NG2 was Itagaki's mess. Hayashi cleaned it up making Sigma 2 the definitive version. The original Sigma is more even considering what was removed and what was added.

Well, NG2 was made in a year. I mean, it's understandable. NBG is the "definitive" Ninja Gaiden, though.
Regor23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Regor23
Member since 2006 • 11847 Posts

What an epiphany! I forgot all about Ninja Gaiden. It'is usualy a serious challenge compared with others such as DMC and GOW (not demeaning those awesome games)

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I'll get whichever vrsion HAS blood. I want to see more distructable bodies, and i'd LOVE to see distructable environments from sword slashes. Also, They MUST, i repeat, MUST polish off all the levels this time, because NG2 had some parts of the game that looked rushed and unfinished. Level design was trash in NG2 but NG1 it was good. Can't wait to see what's in store!

AdmiralRJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 AdmiralRJW
Member since 2010 • 556 Posts

That's good to hear, there is nothing quite as Alpha as Ninja Gaiden. Sharp obejcts, gore, boobs and spandex, **** yeah!

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I'll get whichever vrsion HAS blood. I want to see more distructable bodies, and i'd LOVE to see distructable environments from sword slashes. Also, They MUST, i repeat, MUST polish off all the levels this time, because NG2 had some parts of the game that looked rushed and unfinished. Level design was trash in NG2 but NG1 it was good. Can't wait to see what's in store!

Phazevariance
NG2 was made in a year. No time for polish and the like.
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkStraberry"]"A darker, more bloody game" incontrast with the "new" Dante. I think the choice has been made for me.

i loved both games to bits.. i still think i'd go out and buy new DmC just coz its a DmC game.. :( /ontopic yay new Ninja Gaiden!!.. :x
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

NG2 was awesome and I can't wait for this one!

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Please please please please PLEASE let it be as good as Ninja Gaiden: Black and not as frustrating and buggy as NG2.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#121 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Hopefully it won't be as buggy as NG2.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#122 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Hopefully the game wil be good even without Itagaki.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#123 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

People seem to forget that it was Itagaki's blind obsession with making NG2 the hardest game of all time that kept the game from being truly great. If anything I think NG3 could benefit from his absence.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
I love NG:B easily my favorite action game of all time. Just not sold on the new team ninja. This is good news but I'm skeptical.
EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

I think the main reason NG2 dissapointed was because it was not "ground breaking" like the first Ninja Gaiden was on Xbox. It will be interesting to see how NG3 turns out without Itagaki.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

Now all I need to hear more about is DOA 5. = )

TecmoGirl

Yeah I was also wondering when TN is going to reveal DOA5. I know Virtua Fighter and Tekken fans bash it for being "casual" but I still enjoyed DOA4 and it also provided some depth. The DOA series has kept improving with every installment, unlike Tekken where its been going downhill. And a lot of people said VF4: Evolution was better than VF5 gameplay wise.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#127 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

after the so called DMC this makes me very excited. I havent finished the second one on xbox but im going to buy sigma 2 when its like 30 bucks.

At least Ryu will always look cool

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Let's hope they fix that crappy net code that has me lagging even whilst playing with people in the same state....or better yet, make the missions possible for an individual to complete without the help of an extremely useless friendly A.I. Those challenges should have been more like NG:Black's.
EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 EdenProxy
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

So wait is this Sigma 3 or just gaiden 3

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

without itagaki im a bit skeptical...

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

So wait is this Sigma 3 or just gaiden 3

EdenProxy

Well think about it, which one comes first? Although this time I think it's going to be multiplat no matter what.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#132 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

If it builds on what makes NGB and NG2 great hack n slash games(the combat) I'm fine. I'm sure this time with the lack of Itagaki vs Tecmo stuff we'll get a more balanced game(it's the only real reason NG2 isn't the exceptional game it was meant to be), but the whole "we're taking the series in a new direction" has me worried. Especially with how they want to "humanize" Ryu.

A- I don't trust Tecmo's ability to tell a story
B- Metroid Other M has taught me that Team Ninja sucks at story telling
C- It's Ninja Gaiden. I just want buckets of blood, and the most visceral combat in the hack n slash genre.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

If it builds on what makes NGB and NG2 great hack n slash games(the combat) I'm fine. I'm sure this time with the lack of Itagaki vs Tecmo stuff we'll get a more balanced game(it's the only real reason NG2 isn't the exceptional game it was meant to be), but the whole "we're taking the series in a new direction" has me worried. Especially with how they want to "humanize" Ryu.

A- I don't trust Tecmo's ability to tell a story
B- Metroid Other M has taught me that Team Ninja sucks at story telling
C- It's Ninja Gaiden. I just want buckets of blood, and the most visceral combat in the hack n slash genre.

jg4xchamp

Wait, what? Ninja simulator maybe? Actual sneaking, stealth kills + a bit of brutal encounters. I'd like to see something like this with Move but maybe Ninja Gaiden isn't the series to accomplish this :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#134 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

People seem to forget that it was Itagaki's blind obsession with making NG2 the hardest game of all time that kept the game from being truly great. If anything I think NG3 could benefit from his absence.

Master_ShakeXXX
That blind obsession was trying to capture what made the original great, and it's why the combat scheme in NG2 is glorious(SO MUCH BLOOD :D ) What kills it is how it's not balanced. It felt rushed. It felt like a game that needed polishing, and needed more play testing. Which I am more than willing to bank was more about the inner struggle with Tecmo more so than Itagaki being stupid(on the contrary I think he's pretty good). Personally I hope NG3 is good. I love the genre.