Next Gen CPU's far more important then SSD's. XSX Wins Hands Down!!!

• 70 results
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

@sealionact said:

@gifford38: Seriously mate, if you want to answer me and expect me to reply in a sensible manner then please read what I write.

I never suggested an HDD could replace an SSD, my actual words were about "This particular SSD". Graphically it wont be much difference either way, with xsx having possibly better resolution and/or framerates and ps5 having slightly better load times than xsx.

There is nothing that a console that a faster ssd can do that a console with an already fast ssd can do, and you're setting yourself up for a fall if you believe otherwise.

sorry mate I didn't even read what you said. I was quoting I own you 4ever which reminds me of a alt for ghost 4ever not sure if it's the same guy or not lol. what he says wow the ps5 can load the game 2 seconds instead of 4 again saying it only loads the games faster. this is not true when your running a game and how the data comes off the ssd. the data coming off of your ssd can be managed differently if you have twice the speed. i mean the compress data on the series x doesn't even = the amount of the ps5 ssd speed without compressed data.

now picture that ssd when a game is running that has no bottlenecks to hold that speed back. there is no drag in there ssd. fact is that ssd can add data to there gpu twice as fast as the series x. you telling me there will be no affect on how a game is utilized to run a ssd with that much speed?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:

ok put a hdd in your series x instead of the ssd. you don't get it the faster your load speeds are the less you can have in your gpu/cpu while the game is running. instead of having an hour of gameplay sit in your gpu that you might not even see taking up gpu power you can have 15 min which makes you have more of the gpu free up to do more on the screen to screen basis.

besides every developer and gamer are more excited about the ssd than they are about cpu power. loading is starting to get really bad.

This right here closes the gap on the PS5 SSD about 75% so the PS5 is basically negated no big deal. Again the PS5 can not in return negate or close the gap on the XSX CPU & GPU though.

Velocity Architecture is an integrated system combining the Xbox Series X's high-speed SSD with sampler feedback streaming and DirectStorage to allow developers to directly stream up to 100 GB of assets off the SSD.

Yes I also heard the ps5 will have 800gb of stream assets. but that has not been confirmed yet by sony.

I also heard it is harder to get those numbers out of the xbox. the ps 5 is easier to develop for. also the tempest chip is said to do more than just audio which is a spu architecture which can crunch numbers really fast and that chip alone is as powerful as a ps3. the fact is sony has not revealed what the tempest chip can be used for other than used for 3d audio but he did say in the deep dive if the developer wants to use it to run other things the can choose to. the fact is sony has been tight lip about the ps5.

series x is powerful put don't act like its going to be two gens ahead of sony. some things the ps5 can do better and the series x does things better than the ps5. just like in every gen console life.

800 GB for a single game amounts to bloatware when PS5 has 825GB SSD.

There's a difference between 100GB virtual memory area and static stored game data.

Tempest chip is about 100 GFLOPS CU without graphics and cache hardware.

Each of XSX GPU's 52 CU has 233.59 GFLOPS shader FP32 and 250 GFLOPS RT cores.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

@gifford38 said:

sorry mate I didn't even read what you said. I was quoting I own you 4ever which reminds me of a alt for ghost 4ever not sure if it's the same guy or not lol. what he says wow the ps5 can load the game 2 seconds instead of 4 again saying it only loads the games faster. this is not true when your running a game and how the data comes off the ssd. the data coming off of your ssd can be managed differently if you have twice the speed. i mean the compress data on the series x doesn't even = the amount of the ps5 ssd speed without compressed data.

now picture that ssd when a game is running that has no bottlenecks to hold that speed back. there is no drag in there ssd. fact is that ssd can add data to there gpu twice as fast as the series x. you telling me there will be no affect on how a game is utilized to run a ssd with that much speed?

Yes! Your theoretical 2 seconds in a absolute perfect scenario would fill the bulk of the PS5 memory. If you believe that games would require 5.5GB or even 2GB or data refreshed in memory every second then you have no idea what you are talking about.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:

ok put a hdd in your series x instead of the ssd. you don't get it the faster your load speeds are the less you can have in your gpu/cpu while the game is running. instead of having an hour of gameplay sit in your gpu that you might not even see taking up gpu power you can have 15 min which makes you have more of the gpu free up to do more on the screen to screen basis.

besides every developer and gamer are more excited about the ssd than they are about cpu power. loading is starting to get really bad.

This right here closes the gap on the PS5 SSD about 75% so the PS5 is basically negated no big deal. Again the PS5 can not in return negate or close the gap on the XSX CPU & GPU though.

Velocity Architecture is an integrated system combining the Xbox Series X's high-speed SSD with sampler feedback streaming and DirectStorage to allow developers to directly stream up to 100 GB of assets off the SSD.

Yes I also heard the ps5 will have 800gb of stream assets. but that has not been confirmed yet by sony.

I also heard it is harder to get those numbers out of the xbox. the ps 5 is easier to develop for. also the tempest chip is said to do more than just audio which is a spu architecture which can crunch numbers really fast and that chip alone is as powerful as a ps3. the fact is sony has not revealed what the tempest chip can be used for other than used for 3d audio but he did say in the deep dive if the developer wants to use it to run other things the can choose to. the fact is sony has been tight lip about the ps5.

series x is powerful put don't act like its going to be two gens ahead of sony. some things the ps5 can do better and the series x does things better than the ps5. just like in every gen console life.

No not gens ahead both systems will be able to run the same games. PS5 will have slightly faster load times and the XSX will have more consistent higher resolutions and graphics effects and more consistent performance.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

MS is where game studios go to die.'

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ronvalencia

@dxmcat said:

Sony has it's own shutdown studios.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Yes! Your theoretical 2 seconds in a absolute perfect scenario would fill the bulk of the PS5 memory. If you believe that games would require 5.5GB or even 2GB or data refreshed in memory every second then you have no idea what you are talking about.

no i didn't say that. no the ssd can load up the gpu faster. so if the game (this is just numbers to give an example) say the next 20 min of the game requires say 100gigs the gpu only needs to load 10 min of the game at 50 gigs instead inside the gpu (twice as fast). instead they load 100 gigs of data making a bigger impact scene to scene in the game because only half of that time of in game needs to be loaded in. why we have force slow walking parts in game so the hhd can get that data to the gpu/cpu for the next section of the game.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@dxmcat said:

Sony has it's own shutdown studios.

True, but their fans are idiots and enjoy buying/playing the same shit over and over. MS on the otherhand, not so much.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Gifford38

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:

No not gens ahead both systems will be able to run the same games. PS5 will have slightly faster load times and the XSX will have more consistent higher resolutions and graphics effects and more consistent performance.

this goes for both the ps5 and series x. this depends on the developer and what there capable of getting the most out each system. but I heard the series x like the ps3/360 gen it is harder to develop for. so it depends on how these dev's use these tools to the fullest.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ronvalencia

@gifford38 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

this goes for both the ps5 and series x. this depends on the developer and what there capable of getting the most out each system. but I heard the series x like the ps3/360 gen it is harder to develop for. so it depends on how these dev's use these tools to the fullest.

EPIC has shown PS5 with high-end single SSD with not high end compute processing hardware i.e. excess data gimped PS5 into mostly 1440p and 30 fps.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@MonsieurX said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@tormentos said:

@wizard:

When the Xbox is running at 3.8ghz it drops dual threading in other words it turn into a 8 core 8 threads CPU while the PS5 would still be a few mhz under 3.5ghz with 16 threads.

The XSX can stay locked at 3.6 at 16 meanwhile the PS5 will run lower with only able to boost to 3.5 from time to time. XSX wins easily.

[sourcing intensifies]

Smartshift balances CPU and GPU demands on PS5. XSX can max its CPU and GPU like a gaming PC without Smartshift balance.

Thank you for not providing any source, ronbot

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Pedro

@gifford38 said:

no i didn't say that. no the ssd can load up the gpu faster. so if the game (this is just numbers to give an example) say the next 20 min of the game requires say 100gigs the gpu only needs to load 10 min of the game at 50 gigs instead inside the gpu (twice as fast). instead they load 100 gigs of data making a bigger impact scene to scene in the game because only half of that time of in game needs to be loaded in. why we have force slow walking parts in game so the hhd can get that data to the gpu/cpu for the next section of the game.

Firstly, the idea of a game needing to load 100GB of fresh data into memory is absolutely absurd.

But, lets entertain this absurdity for a moment. In your scenario, the game only needs the hard-drive to operate at 85MB/sec to achieve the task in your scenario. Which is not only well within the constraints of the SSD, it is also within the constraints of a HDD. (5.1GB in one minute, 51GB in 10 minutes)

If were are to allow for 1GB/s of fresh data for your 20 minutes, it would equate to 1.2 TERABYTES of data. That is at 1/5th the speed of the PS5 theoretical max. The point is, the differences between the two systems are going to be negligible because there simply isn't enough data that either drive can store, any game would have and any game would need on a per second basis that would require such a high transfer rate.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Firstly, the idea of a game needing to load 100GB of fresh data into memory is absolutely absurd.

But, lets entertain this absurdity for a moment. In your scenario, the game only needs the hard-drive to operate at 85MB/sec to achieve the task in your scenario. Which is not only well within the constraints of the SSD, it is also within the constraints of a HDD.

If were are to allow for 1GB/s of fresh data for your 20 minutes, it would equate to 1.2 TERABYTES of data. That is at 1/5th the speed of the PS5 theoretical max. The point is, the differences between the two systems are going to be negligible because there simply isn't enough data that either drive can store, any game would have and any game would need on a per second basis that would require such a high transfer rate.

i used the 100 gigs as an example. not the actual numbers. meaning the gpu in the ps5 is being fed twice as fast with data as the gpu in the series x. during gameplay as well. no that can change how the data is coming off the ssd during gameplay.

if the ps4 had the half the speed of a hdd than inside xbox you don't think these games will look different in one over the other?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: dude, Xbox will have slightly more raw horsepower, we get it... How is that helping One X against PS4 though? Sony has proven to be better than Microsoft every generation. Enjoy your Series X and sit in the corner already.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

i used the 100 gigs as an example. not the actual numbers. meaning the gpu in the ps5 is being fed twice as fast with data as the gpu in the series x. during gameplay as well. no that can change how the data is coming off the ssd during gameplay.

if the ps4 had the half the speed of a hdd than inside xbox you don't think these games will look different in one over the other?

I used your scenario 100Gigs over 20 minutes and even in that scenario a standard HDD would suffice. I also demonstrated that even if we used 1/5th the that the amount of data would exceed any game storage requirement, exceed the capacity of the hard drive and is simply impractical as a scenario.

If the PS4 HDD was half the speed, the game would simply take longer to load. It factually would not affect what the game looks like. As you have been told before, the look of the game has nothing to do with the HDD.

So, please give me a scenario in which 5.5GB/s or 9GB/s data would be need for a game to run effectively. If we are to take your previous scenario it would be 3.3TB and 5.4TB of new data being transferred over 20 minutes. Games like Red Dead Redemption 2 at no time needs to process 330GB of new data every minute.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@gifford38:

I don't think the PS5 GPU will increase performance because it is been feed data faster,that ssd is not as fast as ram,and ram would continue to be use to cache data to that GPU,sure you will load data faster into ram which will surely help with pop ups.

But is the same analogy I had for the Xbox one,you could give it the same bandwidth as the PS5,still would not change the fact it's GPU is slow.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gifford38

@tormentos said:

@gifford38:

I don't think the PS5 GPU will increase performance because it is been feed data faster,that ssd is not as fast as ram,and ram would continue to be use to cache data to that GPU,sure you will load data faster into ram which will surely help with pop ups.

But is the same analogy I had for the Xbox one,you could give it the same bandwidth as the PS5,still would not change the fact it's GPU is slow.

I never said it will increase performance of the gpu. but it will change how that gpu is being utilized during game play or when the game is running. everyone on here is saying ssd in the ps5 will only be used to load a game 2 seconds faster than the series x and that is it. does nothing else. the ssd just sits there while the game is being played. this is how there acting. there is more that the ssd is doing when the game is running. if not then lets just stay with the hdd because nothing will change other than loading speeds when using a hdd. the fact is these systems both xbox and ps do not need the next hour of game sitting in the gpu wondering if your going to that location or not. now only say 15 min of game needs to be in the gpu instead leaving the rest to do frame by frame basis.

so having the ssd twice as fast and a component that can uncompressed 9.9 gigs per second is going to change how a game is running than having the same game running on a hdd. we will see this when ps5 only games using the only the ssd to the series x games running on the ssd and the same game running on the hdd on the one x.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

I though people got consoles cause they don't care about CPUs

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

I never said it will increase performance of the gpu. but it will change how that gpu is being utilized during game play or when the game is running. everyone on here is saying ssd in the ps5 will only be used to load a game 2 seconds faster than the series x and that is it. does nothing else. the ssd just sits there while the game is being played. this is how there acting. there is more that the ssd is doing when the game is running. if not then lets just stay with the hdd because nothing will change other than loading speeds when using a hdd. the fact is these systems both xbox and ps do not need the next hour of game sitting in the gpu wondering if your going to that location or not. now only say 15 min of game needs to be in the gpu instead leaving the rest to do frame by frame basis.

so having the ssd twice as fast and a component that can uncompressed 9.9 gigs per second is going to change how a game is running than having the same game running on a hdd. we will see this when ps5 only games using the only the ssd to the series x games running on the ssd and the same game running on the hdd on the one x.

You should take some time to see how some of the mechanics work for seamless loading.

Loading Video...

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@gifford38 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

First of all the 360 was a breeze to develop for it was the PS3 and the Cell that was harder in that gen. Also next gen PS5 and XSX are both extremely easy to develop for compared to other gens, they both are a piece of cake in that regard. Actually last week a developer claimed the XSX was the easiest system of all time to develop for. Again this won't play much factor at all even if the XSX if the easiest. They are both so easy that this won't be a deciding factor. It's going to be the horsepower that determines the best results and the XSX has the advantage in that regard.