Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I kinda want one but I'm still leaning toward ps4. Mostly because I'm a fan of jrpgs and japanese games in general, and also ratchet and clank. I will say the Xb1 makes Xb360 look like junk (which it is, to me anyway sorry). But I'm kinda waiting for Spencer to deliver on that promise of a better 3rd part. Xbox has always had the smallest 1st party line up I just wish it'd get bigger I mean it's gonna be 15 years in november since Xbox began. They don't have many franchises to show for it. Also will KH3 be the only one in the series to come to Xbox, I feel like the Xbox crowd deserves a collection to catch up on the story

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I will excuse them for launching Xbox One S if it is replacing original Xbox One but... if they're intending to sell them alongside the original in addition to Scorpio then that's pretty stupid.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Wasn't this rumoured to have a faster chipset then Xbone? Like a clock bump or something?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@oflow said:

Cow morale boost thread.

lawl

Pretty much... they got nothing else to do since they're still waiting for games to come out.

Hopefully next year we'll see a little less of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

the slim looks nice and all, I haven't bought an Xbox One yet and I think I'm gonna hold of until Scorpio is revealed. I might get one then.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Wasn't this rumoured to have a faster chipset then Xbone? Like a clock bump or something?

My speculation is Xbox One S uses Polaris 11 (i.e. RX-460) and 14 nm AMD Jaguar/Puma with higher clock speed.

RX-460 has 14 CU like XBO's 14 CU GPU but RX-460 has higher clock speeds.

12 CUs are activated for yield issues.

RX-460 has support for 4K UHD Blu-ray (H.265 10bit) , 4K video (H.265 10bit), HDMI 2.0b HDR and revised TrueAudio DSP support ie. AMD talks about audio processing with Polaris' new HWS (Hardware scheduler) which replaced the old ACE units.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

No limits there was also a PC gamer in the commercial which was nice of microsoft.

The gaming PC also has white colored case just like Xbox One S

NZXT H630... http://www.thinkcomputers.org/nzxt-announces-h630-silent-pc-case/

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@Shewgenja said:
@halvedlife said:

@Blabadon: considering the power source is inside the console, they did a good job with the size.

Yeah, it only took them three generations to catch up to the PS2.

The original Xbox had an internal power supply...

True. True.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@Chutebox said:

I didn't know they were charging 400 for this. Seriously?

It's $299 for the 500GB model, the most popular pre-ordered model right now is the $399 2TB version. I myself might get the $299 model since I already have a 2TB USB 3.0 external HDD to use, plus I think running things from the external helps keep the system running buttery smooth.

I own the CoD: Advanced Warfare Xbox One 1TB model and that's good enough for me and I never had a problem with the Xbox One being fat anyways.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@oflow said:

Cow morale boost thread.

lawl

Pretty much... they got nothing else to do since they're still waiting for games to come out.

That's cute. No Man's Sky is just around the corner while ya'll are stuck hyping an XBox that comes out at the end of 2017.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Why would anyone even consider the S when the Scorpio was confirmed for next year? If you for some reason NEED an X1 this year, get the original version, because that'll be stupid cheap by the time the S is released, then trade it in towards a Scorpio next year.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

**** that! Scorpio is the ultimate gaming system brother. Those Highest Quality Pixels and ultra HD gaming can only be achieved on the 6 teraflops sytem and by god it is not this one.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@me2002 said:

@i_p_daily: the ironing is delicious

So you're proud to be a fanboy? That's pretty sad.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@TrappedInABox91 said:

I can just see everyone buying this after buying a X1. lol I swear these consoles are trying to be more like PCs everyday. They're depending on lazy console gamers to buy their slightly updated new " premium" console, after just buying the OG. lol It is to laugh.

Consider how consumers (probably a sizable chunk of people here) literally throw money away towards annual new phone purchases, I don't think it's far-fetched, especially when those phones end up costing more than gaming consoles.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

So the Xbox One has finally caught up to a launch PS4, they should have done this 2 years ago.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaVillain  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@oflow said:

Cow morale boost thread.

lawl

That's cute. No Man's Sky is just around the corner while ya'll are stuck hyping an XBox that comes out at the end of 2017.

While I am hype for No Man's Sky, remember it ain't a PS4 exclusive since it's also releasing PC at the same time and you know it, it's console exclusive at that. Don't forget The Last Guardian also releases this October and a PS4 exclusive.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shewgenja

@davillain-: I'm just saying. No one is sitting around waiting for shit. PS4 has got hella games coming out for it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@davillain-: I'm just saying. No one is sitting around waiting for shit. PS4 has got hella games coming out for it.

Indeed it does has a lot of PS4 exclusive games and next year (and I mean early 2017) it's all about both Persona 5 and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: That may be true, but look at the way you purchase the phone. I highly doubt most phone upgrades are paid for in full upon purchase. Since T-Mobile has started the Uncarrier program, most carriers sale phone with minimum down and no more than $20 to $30 a month for the high end phones. There really isn't any comparison to cell phones.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DaVillain  Moderator

@flyincloud1116 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: That may be true, but look at the way you purchase the phone. I highly doubt most phone upgrades are paid for in full upon purchase. Since T-Mobile has started the Uncarrier program, most carriers sale phone with minimum down and no more than $20 to $30 a month for the high end phones. There really isn't any comparison to cell phones.

Also to add that I'm NOT really a phone guy, I only upgrade my Android every 3-4 years and that's about it.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

This console is just for people who want an Xbox and don't own one currently, otherwise there's no reason when Scorpio is around the corner, or Neo for the HDR 4k Bluray features.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Good on MS for getting ahead of the market w/ some marketing.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@clone01 said:
@me2002 said:

Could be worse, I could be one of those people who look down on others because they like a certain brand.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@me2002 said:
@clone01 said:
@me2002 said:

Could be worse, I could be one of those people who look down on others because they like a certain brand.

No, not really. There's a big difference between preference and fanboyism. Fanboyism is pathetic, and should be looked down upon.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@ten_pints said:

So the Xbox One has finally caught up to a launch PS4, they should have done this 2 years ago.

Minus a couple hundred games...sure lol.

Xbone S launches 20 days before The God of Fighters XIV releases, yet another highly anticipated PS4 exclusive releasing this year!

I can't see anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge about gaming to buy a xbone S when PS4 Neo is releasing this year with all the features of S with 5x the power for around the same price unless they like burning money!!!

lol, some here are forgetting that.

Some die hard xbox fans will buy this but they are gluttons for punishment and seem to like wasting money. Scorpio might be worth the investment when it releases a year from now but Xbone S is just money down the toilet.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@oflow said:

$400 for a 2TB model is bad?

If thats bad what do all the cows have to say about the $950 for a base model Neo + PSVR bundle?

Now thats lol funny.

Pointless buying a 2tb model when you mostly like will have to transfer/ and download those games you have already purchased again on the Scorpio. Buy an external hard drive!

299 dollar model 500gb gig harddrive is far better. You accessories (controller), games and games on the external hardrive will likely all just show up on the Scorpio dash.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#78  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@oflow said:

If thats bad what do all the cows have to say about the $950 for a base model Neo + PSVR bundle?

Now thats lol funny.

No, what's funny is that you're throwing a console that's almost three times more powerful than the XBox One under a bus for the sake of a UHD bluray player upgrade. **** off.

lawl cows mad about Neo specs.

Neo got kicked in the nuts at E3 Sony pulled even showing it. Nobody even cared about PSVR at E3 and it was over half of Sony's show floor.

At least Xbox S has a purpose its part of the rebranding plan. A slim model with a 4k player makes sense halfway thru the lifecycle. People still on the fence about buying a One have incentive to get the slim. I talked to lots of people at E3 that dont have a One that said they would get a S model for the upcoming games.

But what exactly is Neo's purpose?

Cows here love to talk about how the original PS4 can run PSVR with no problem, so whats the point of the Neo then?

It was either made because the original was struggling with VR (most probable) or Sony just wanted to milk their fans. Why would they even make a new console when the original is selling so well and running all games at 1080/60 like you cows say? Riddle me that?

Same ol Sony always fumbling it up. Neo and PSVR are their X1 launch moment. Both are DOA.

@loe12k: not if you dont already own one. The S isnt being marketed to people that already have a One its to get people that dont have one.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Shewgenja

@oflow said:
@Shewgenja said:
@oflow said:

Now thats lol funny.

No, what's funny is that you're throwing a console that's almost three times more powerful than the XBox One under a bus for the sake of a UHD bluray player upgrade. **** off.

lawl cows mad about Neo specs.

Neo got kicked in the nuts at E3 Sony pulled even showing it. Nobody even cared about PSVR at E3 and it was over half of Sony's show floor.

At least Xbox S has a purpose its part of the rebranding plan. A slim model with a 4k player makes sense halfway thru the lifecycle. People still on the fence about buying a One have incentive to get the slim. I talked to lots of people at E3 that dont have a One that said they would get a S model for the upcoming games.

But what exactly is Neo's purpose?

Cows here love to talk about how the original PS4 can run PSVR with no problem, so whats the point of the Neo then?

It was either made because the original was struggling with VR (most probable) or Sony just wanted to milk their fans. Why would they even make a new console when the original is selling so well and running all games at 1080/60? Riddle me that?

Same ol Sony always fumbling it up. Neo and PSVR are their X1 launch moment. Both are DOA.

Bookmarked for future ownage.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#81 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Shewgenja: write it down. take a picture. IDGAF!

lawl cows in meltdown mode all over the board because of Neo. The funny shit about cows is you guys spin your own narrative to the point of believing it yourself. At least lems will admit when PS4 has a decent game. Cows are like the GOP they tow the party line to the point of ridiculousness. Take your L on Neo like a man and go make a No Mans Sky hype thread.

And I already know what you are gonna say about PSVR about how its sold out everywhere so its a win. Its still terrible.
Half the people at E3 got sick playing it and for every good PSVR game there were 5 garbage ones. You can say what you want I spent a whole day playing it and most of the games they had for it.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

How much is that console?

$400 lol

299, Salty cow.

Enjoy your 500 dollar neo after taxes lul

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

great console but...

no man's sky

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

How much is that console?

$400 lol

299, Salty cow.

Enjoy your 500 dollar neo after taxes lul

Where in the States is there a 25% sale tax rate on goods?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Why are people talking about XB1 and Scorpio having no exclusives, neither will PS4 once Neo comes out.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shewgenja

@zaryia said:

Why are people talking about XB1 and Scorpio having no exclusives, neither will PS4 once Neo comes out.

Just like the PS2 stopped having exclusives when the PSX came out? GTFO with that paint huffing crap logic.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The hardware itself looks pretty nice I think. I like the white shell.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I am thinking about getting a 4k TV this fall, I'll trade in my Xbox One + Kinect and get the new Xbox One S for that 4K Blu-Ray HDR.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

How can it be the ultimate gaming system if Mario and Zelda arent in it?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#90 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I keep thinking it's the Xbox One Scorpio...

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@ronvalencia said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Most pointless console ever...no exclusives, piss weak, butt ugly

Xbox One S has "Xbox Anywhere" exclusive.

My Windows 10 gaming PC is an "Xbox Anywhere" device.

No. It's a gaming PC, and anything said to the contrary is a demotion. Don't get it twisted sir. Keep Calm and Master Race.

You don't even know what a PC is, try looking it up!

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I'm good, I'll wait for the scorpio..

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

Looking good! I am personally waiting for the Scorpio. But this looks pretty cool.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@lavamelon: @BigShotSmoov007:

That's a year away though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@PSP107:

Not a problem, I have an Xbox already and there really isn't any difference between the xbox one and the xbox one slim. I can wait until next year to get the scorpio.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

I'm good with my OG X1 until Scorpio baby !!

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The S stands for shit. Lol! Good thing they made it smaller now it can more easily fit into the trash... Lol!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Shewgenja

@rrjim1 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@ronvalencia said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Most pointless console ever...no exclusives, piss weak, butt ugly

Xbox One S has "Xbox Anywhere" exclusive.

My Windows 10 gaming PC is an "Xbox Anywhere" device.

No. It's a gaming PC, and anything said to the contrary is a demotion. Don't get it twisted sir. Keep Calm and Master Race.

You don't even know what a PC is, try looking it up!

I have been PC gaming since Full Throttle was on PC. Take a seat, you're in time out.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007: "Not a problem, I have an Xbox already and there really isn't any difference between the xbox one and the xbox one slim. I can wait until next year to get the scorpio."

What if it goes on sale for $200 during the 2016 Black Friday event?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@PSP107 said:

@BigShotSmoov007: "Not a problem, I have an Xbox already and there really isn't any difference between the xbox one and the xbox one slim. I can wait until next year to get the scorpio."

What if it goes on sale for $200 during the 2016 Black Friday event?

I don't see the point of buying a console I'll plan on trading in a year from now, that's pointless to me. There is no real difference between the one I have now and the Slim, no real major difference that is to warrant buying it for me.