New Tekken 6 Trailer !!!

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3OWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3OWNS
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

8)

mms://wmt9-od.stream.ne.jp/vod11/bngi/tk6ac_pv1.wmv

truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
Yet another reason to own a Playstation 3. SONY owns the Fighting Genre.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Tiny, and the screenshots are not in a high enough res...
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
good stuff. that's a kick a$$ trailer.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
hmm... the graphics don't seem that impressive. Is it me or is it just to small of (res) trailer?
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
hmm... the graphics don't seem that impressive. Is it me or is it just to small of (res) trailer?munu9
not a doa 4 quality, but it's impressive for a ps3 game
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TekkenMaster606
hmm... the graphics don't seem that impressive. Is it me or is it just to small of (res) trailer?munu9

I'd say it's still early in the development and they're just hyping the unfinished product so far.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough.
SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough. StryderK

well, it's coming to arcades first before PS3.

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StryderK

[QUOTE="StryderK"]I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough. SupraGT

Well, with the fact that arcade is basically dead in the U.S. (The closest one is a Dave & Buster's some 20 minutes drive away from where I live), trying to find a arcade machine gonna be a biatch. And also, I'm getting tired of some places charging as much as $1 per play........That's just plain rip-off let me tell you!

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
*faints*
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TekkenMaster606
I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough. StryderK

Multiplatform looks doubtful, after all those Sony controllers and even Sony monitors in the trailer, Namco really loves the Playstation. I wish it would be multiplatform. The more players, the better. Especially for offline fighters.

And now they have decided to bring it to the arcades, and I want to know what kind of hardware is in that coin op. The info on the JP website look just like the usual Namco hype. I bet this game is barely halfway finished. Everyone should know that the E3 images and videos we saw were just what 'Tekken 5' would look like on the PS3 hardware. All targets. Jin won't look like that in Tekken 6. Namco always alters the art forbidden>
SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts
[QUOTE="SupraGT"]

[QUOTE="StryderK"]I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough. StryderK

Well, with the fact that arcade is basically dead in the U.S. (The closest one is a Dave & Buster's some 20 minutes drive away from where I live), trying to find a arcade machine gonna be a biatch. And also, I'm getting tired of some places charging as much as $1 per play........That's just plain rip-off let me tell you!

I see. Well, arcades aren't dead in the Los Angeles area. there are plenty of places to play. Plus you can find a community of players at tekkenzaibatsu.com. Im sure they have a community close to you.

bobby_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bobby_king
Member since 2003 • 2122 Posts

Wow... that looked way much PS2...

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StryderK

[QUOTE="StryderK"]I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough. TekkenMaster606

Multiplatform looks doubtful, after all those Sony controllers and even Sony monitors in the trailer, Namco really loves the Playstation. I wish it would be multiplatform. The more players, the better. Especially for offline fighters.

And now they have decided to bring it to the arcades, and I want to know what kind of hardware is in that coin op. The info on the JP website look just like the usual Namco hype. I bet this game is barely halfway finished. Everyone should know that the E3 images and videos we saw were just what 'Tekken 5' would look like on the PS3 hardware. All targets. Jin won't look like that in Tekken 6. Namco always alters the art forbidden>

I was actually thinking about buying a PS3 when R:FOM, VF5, and this game comes out. But then VF5 went X360....Well, there goes that. I don't think Tekken gonna go multi-plat but then again, if this game flops in sales (I'm not saying in scores or how good the game is, just sales), you never know......Anyway, I don't expect this game to be out for the PS3 till late 2008 at the earliest. By then FFXIII gonna be out and the PS3 probably had a price drop or two. I can wait.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TekkenMaster606
If you live in or around the 30 major metro areas in the US, there will be a Tekken 6 machine near you somewhere. I've dealt with Namco Arcade before and they actually do a lot more than just Namco coin ops. They stock Sega, Midway, Taito, redemption games, anything coin operated. Chances are, they'll get this game into the big metro areas somewhere, cinemas, pizza shops, your local Dave and Busters...
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StryderK
[QUOTE="StryderK"][QUOTE="SupraGT"]

[QUOTE="StryderK"]I'm thinking about buying a PS3 just for this game since I'm a major Tekken-head but that price........Sigh, I need more reasons to justify the $600 price. Right now two (This game and R:FOM) aren't enough. SupraGT

I see. Well, arcades aren't dead in the Los Angeles area. there are plenty of places to play. Plus you can find a community of players at tekkenzaibatsu.com. Im sure they have a community close to you.

Well, I live in San Diego area currently so we are actually close by neighbors lol. I usually don't join unions or communities though. I'd join a fighting community while in college but right now my job doesn't really allow it since my company usually send me to China on extended business trips alot (The price of being born a Chinese-American who can speak and read fluent Mandarin). I got one trip coming soon and if past is any indication, I'm gonna be staying in Shanghai for at least a month or two. It's kinda hell on my fiancee too. She almost threw a hissy fit when she got the news cause we were about to get marry then. Our wedding plans have to be delayed on that account.

Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
is it online ?
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StryderK

If you live in or around the 30 major metro areas in the US, there will be a Tekken 6 machine near you somewhere. I've dealt with Namco Arcade before and they actually do a lot more than just Namco coin ops. They stock Sega, Midway, Taito, redemption games, anything coin operated. Chances are, they'll get this game into the big metro areas somewhere, cinemas, pizza shops, your local Dave and Busters...TekkenMaster606

WEll, I don't know if SD is big enough to be considered a major metropolitan city like LA or NY........SD community is much smaller (I live near the Poway area). Besides, I left the arcades ever since Bally Midway stopped producing pinball machines back in 1999 (that was a sad day. Sigh, I still have fond memories of playing Attack from MArs back in my college days). Again, yea, there are few arcade machines in my local cinemas but again, I hate it when they charge $1 per play......That's a major rip-off! 

teddybone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 teddybone2
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts
You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF?
teddybone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teddybone2
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts
is it online ?Thug_Pikachu

lol you know is not.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StryderK

[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]is it online ?teddybone2

lol you know is not.

Nothing yet, I'm not expecting this game until late 2008 at least so don't hold your breath on any announcement.

Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
I wonder if this one is coming to the 360.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TekkenMaster606

[QUOTE="teddybone2"][QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]is it online ?StryderK

lol you know is not.

Nothing yet, I'm not expecting this game until late 2008 at least so don't hold your breath on any announcement.

Late 2008? You think? I'm saying arcades this winter and Playstation 3 next spring.
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
I wonder if this one is coming to the 360.Felous1
who cares honestly , how the hell do you release a multiplayer game in this day and age without online, Is Namco working for Nintendo or something
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Felous1
who cares honestlyThug_Pikachu
I do... I like Tekken. And nobody said it's gonna be offline.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TekkenMaster606
We don't know if it's online or not. So just quit talking about it and let's move on...
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StryderK
[QUOTE="StryderK"]

[QUOTE="teddybone2"][QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]is it online ?TekkenMaster606

lol you know is not.

Late 2008? You think? I'm saying arcades this winter and Playstation 3 next spring.

Well, you guess is as good as mine. ARcade this year is a definate. 2008 for the PS3 is a definate. Exact time, now that's anyone's guess. Although anyone who says this game will be ready for the PS3 by Christmas this year, I'm gonna take his PS3 and smack him on the head lol!

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Hmm....am I the only one who kind of wish they would have tried different bloom effects when you hit by now? Those have been around in one form or another AT LEAST since Tekken 2.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TekkenMaster606
Graphically, is what I expected for this early preview. The stuff Namco said was Tekken 6 at E3 was just renders of Tekken 5 beefed up. Deceptive? Meh, it's what I expect from Namco. They love 'target renders' and they love releasing shots like these of the unfinished product. But it's always in tiny, tiny doses.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DementedDragon
I'm betting it will have online for the PS3; Namco isn't as sensitive as SEGA.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Felous1
Just finished watching the trailer and VF5 looks better Specially in the clothing department.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StryderK

Hmm....am I the only one who kind of wish they would have tried different bloom effects when you hit by now? Those have been around in one form or another AT LEAST since Tekken 2.Runningflame570

There are something that needs to be changed and somethings don't. IMO, this is one of them. I actually do think the same bloom effect have come to symbolize Tekken. Changing it gonna make the game actually feel different. Besides, what other kind of bloom effect can Namco change? This is like voice acting for Zelda. HELL NO!!!! If Zelda ever have voice acting, I'll SCREAM!!!! One of the Zelda charm is lack of voice acting, just like if Rare make Banjo and Kazooie talk rather than their quirky but charming blabber, I swear I'll take my pistol (yes, I DO have a handgun at home. a Barreta M92F 9mm. What I like to call my "Resident Evil Special" HEHE), travel to England and cap everyone at Rare upside the head with a 9mm! That would SO ruin the game for me!

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TekkenMaster606
Tekken-Net has been in place in Japan for quite some time. I would sacrifice some precision for online. Tekken isn't Virtua Fighter, after all.

I'd like to see some HDR, but no Kameo-like overkill. I'm thinking more like Half Life 2...
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Felous1
You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? teddybone2
There was some kind of a cheat that allowed Lei to use his pistol in Tekken 3 I think.
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
Jack totally teabags Bryan at 1:03.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StryderK

Tekken-Net has been in place in Japan for quite some time. I would sacrifice some precision for online. Tekken isn't Virtua Fighter, after all.

I'd like to see some HDR, but no Kameo-like overkill. I'm thinking more like Half Life 2...
TekkenMaster606

The problem with alot of fighting games, especially VF and SC is that some of the character moves are EXTREMLY stringint. A BIG example would be Ivy's Summon Suffering or Calamity Symphony combos from the SC series. The timing and frames per seconds needed to pull some of those combos off are extremly tight and stringent (Anyone who played SC and are good with Ivy should know this), sometimes you have something like 20-30 frames at most to input the move in before it collapses. This is why Ivy was never as popular as say Xianhua or Kilik simply it's so much tougher to get her down pat. Online, with such timing demand, the connection better not "hiccup" or some characters on VF or SC such as Ivy gonna simply get destroyed because if the game suffers so much as a few hundredth of a second delay while you are trying to pull of a summon suffering combo, it's not gonna work and you end up getting pummeled as a result. Games such as DOA have alot less stringint requirements, that's why you can make the game work online. Games such as VF and SC are far more critical on timing and frames might not work properly online because you have to have 100% gurantee online connection without ANY slowdown at all during online play or else it just won't work. Unfortunatly, currently technology can't gurantee this. HELL, if Namco can pull it off and bring online to Tekken or especially SC, I'll be very happy. If those two games doesn't have online mode, I wounldn't be surprised. Nintendo already said that making SSBB online is pretty tough. I can understand it. When you have 4 players online at the sametime doing smash moves, throwing items while mayhem are happening all over the place, if the online factor "hiccups", the game gonna get ruined!

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TekkenMaster606
Wireframe.

That'll solve the online problem.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Felous1

The problem with alot of fighting games, especially VF and SC is that some of the character moves are EXTREMLY stringint. A BIG example would be Ivy's Summon Suffering or Calamity Symphony combos from the SC series. The timing and frames per seconds needed to pull some of those combos off are extremly tight and stringent (Anyone who played SC and are good with Ivy should know this),

StryderK
Mitsurugi for the win !
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mu5uk0
You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? teddybone2
I wouldn't be surprised if Tekken 6 gives everyone a weapon, just to add some more spice into the franchise.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="teddybone2"]You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? Mu5uk0
I wouldn't be surprised if Tekken 6 gives everyone a weapon, just to add some more spice into the franchise.

Uhm, Namco already has a game like that...

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StryderK

[QUOTE="teddybone2"]You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? Mu5uk0

Evidently you haven't played Soul Calibur yet.....

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mu5uk0
[QUOTE="Mu5uk0"][QUOTE="teddybone2"]You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? TekkenMaster606

A Soul Calibur vs Tekken game would own.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Felous1

[QUOTE="Mu5uk0"][QUOTE="teddybone2"]You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? StryderK

Evidently you haven't played Soul Calibur yet.....

I think he meant guns.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Mu5uk0"][QUOTE="teddybone2"]You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? Mu5uk0

Or Namco could give Capcom the rights to make Namco vs. Capcom...With Jin, The King of All Cosmos, Jack Slate, Pac-Man and Voldo in 2D. :)
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StryderK

Wireframe.

That'll solve the online problem.
TekkenMaster606

HEHE!!! As much as I would love to see it happen just to see some of the graphic whores faces on this place when they see the game, I don't think Namco is dumb enough to do it.....

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DementedDragon
I say they exclude people with crappy connections.  ^_^
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TekkenMaster606
Maybe they should give online a try with Tekken 5 : DR, just to see what happens. They can always just add it onto the current version that'll be on PSN and maybe it will work...

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StryderK

[QUOTE="Mu5uk0"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Mu5uk0"][QUOTE="teddybone2"]You can use a shotgun? And jack uses a Missile Launcher? WTF? TekkenMaster606

Or Namco could give Capcom the rights to make Namco vs. Capcom...With Jin, The King of All Cosmos, Jack Slate, Pac-Man and Voldo in 2D. :)

IMO, I don't think SC Vs Tekken would work out too well since both games' gameplay are so different. I mean, besides the points that all the SC characters have weapons (I mean how the heck are you even gonna get close to characters such as Kilik or Ivy with tekken characters? Good Ivy or Kilik players could probably play keep away from you all day long), the game speed, moves and timing etc are all different. If SC gets slowed down to Tekken speed, then it wouldn't feel SC at all, if tekken gets speed up to SC speed....Samething!

Although Namco Vs. Capcom......Now that's something I want to see in 2-D..........

Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Felous1
(I mean how the heck are you even gonna get close to characters such as Kilik or Ivy with tekken characters? StryderK
Give them shotguns and bazookas.