New Super Mario Galaxy 2 mini-clips inside...the music, MY GOD THE MUSIC!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

WARNING! VERY SMALL CLIPS. MIGHT LEAVE YOU STARVING :(

Four small videos with brand new amazing levels and music!!!!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sb4j/action/index.html

^click on the Mario with Boos pic and each of the top four icons of the new window leads to a small gameplay video.

^Click green icon next to boo pic, then large bar with blue Yoshi at the bottom. Each fruit has its respective power-up gameplay clip

They orchestrated the Bowser level theme from 64!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Orchestrated Main theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinmmH6QdI8

So beautiful *sniff*

ARGGHH i'm so HYPED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'MON JUNE!!!!

EDIT *************************************************************************

Videos got Youtubed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTipZb_cUyo

BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts

yay rehash

sillaris
I don't think anyone cares that this is a rehash. Super Mario Galaxy was the best game this gen.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thunderdrone
[QUOTE="sillaris"]

yay rehash

BattleTurtles
I don't think anyone cares that this is a rehash. Super Mario Galaxy was the best game this gen.

Its not a rehash. Ignore the troll
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

You know, we got people in the Conviction thread crying that Ubi changed the SC series too much, and people in here complaining that SMG2 is rehash.... Damned if you do, damned if you dont it seems. I guess no one cares anymore if a game is fun or not.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The theme doesn't sound any more impressive than any other piece of orchestrated music in video games. You make it seem as if this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, when it is merely just another brand of bread.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thunderdrone

The theme doesn't sound any more impressive than any other piece of orchestrated music in video games. You make it seem as if this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, when it is merely just another brand of bread.

foxhound_fox
Yeah, i'm the only one who holds SMG's soundtrack in high regard, i'm wierd like that. *sarcasm* Dont click on VG music related threads though, SMG OST praise might make you pop a vein.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Music is amazing I cant wait for Galaxy 2 :)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Epic is epic. SMG was/is the best platformer this generation, so more of it is welcomed. Also SMG2 looks different enough from the first to get super excited about.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Looks good. Do want. I cant wait for May!
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

Thunderdrone
Yeah, i'm the only one who holds SMG's soundtrack in high regard, i'm wierd like that. *sarcasm* Dont click on VG music related threads though, SMG OST praise might make you pop a vein.

SMG's music was a head and shoulder above everything else and still is today IMO. Most titles these days dont even pay attention to the soundtrack (CoD: MW2, W@W ect ect)
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

It's alright, but Halo3/ODST> SMG.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haziqonfire

Sandvichman
They're not even comparable games lol. Also critically (GameRankings) SMG is the highest scoring game of this generation.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Thunderdrone
3 more vids: Click green icon next to boo pic, then large bar with blue Yoshi at the bottom. Each fruit has its respective power-up gameplay clip :)
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Am I deaf or something? I cant find the Koopa's Road song in any of the trailers. Which one are you hearing it in??

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sandvichman
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

Haziqonfire
They're not even comparable games lol. Also critically (GameRankings) SMG is the highest scoring game of this generation.

According to?
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thunderdrone

Am I deaf or something? I cant find the Koopa's Road song in any of the trailers. Which one are you hearing it in??

Scythes777
Its at the end of the 3rd video of the first 4 i mention in the OP. During the lava level
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Yup like the first one this one seems to have a great soundtrack. Probably won't be the best this year through.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"] According to?

Uh, read what I originally wrote..
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

this looks every bit as good as SMG if not better. I see no reason why this won't be AAA.

faheem_s_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 faheem_s_i
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

Thunderdrone

Lol.Very well said.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

[QUOTE="Scythes777"]

Thunderdrone

Its at the end of the 3rd video of the first 4 i mention in the OP. During the lava level

Ahh found it. I couldnt recognize it at first due to its whole new level of epicness.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sandvichman
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"] According to?

Who cares, halo 3 is a better game then SMG.
hyper_trunkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hyper_trunkx
Member since 2004 • 6719 Posts

galaxy is blah. better than sunshine tho..

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"] Who cares, halo 3 is a better game then SMG.

:roll: Right, as I said before, they aren't even comparable - and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="sillaris"]

yay rehash

BattleTurtles

hmmmm

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Thunderdrone

Screengrabs *stolen from GAF*

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sandvichman
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"] Who cares, halo 3 is a better game then SMG.

:roll: Right, as I said before, they aren't even comparable - and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.

GTA was praised more then SMG, therefore it is better.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxhound_fox

[...] and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.Haziqonfire

So? Critical opinions are still opinions. Just because Mario Galaxy got the most high praise, doesn't make it the best game. That would require someone to have played every game ever made, and have an objective means of evaluating them all against one another. And that would only last until the next new game came out, and the entire system would have to be reformed.

You, and many others may think Mario Galaxy is the best game ever made, but that doesn't make it a fact. I just hope you try to make that distinction more clear... because so far, you really haven't.

BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BattleTurtles

[QUOTE="BattleTurtles"][QUOTE="sillaris"]

yay rehash

stereointegrity

hmmmm

Completely serious, bro.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][...] and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.foxhound_fox

So? Critical opinions are still opinions. Just because Mario Galaxy got the most high praise, doesn't make it the best game. That would require someone to have played every game ever made, and have an objective means of evaluating them all against one another. And that would only last until the next new game came out, and the entire system would have to be reformed.

You, and many others may think Mario Galaxy is the best game ever made, but that doesn't make it a fact. I just hope you try to make that distinction more clear... because so far, you really haven't.

In all honesty I'm just following the 'System Wars' rules.

Critical reviews mean everything here, so as such I still say Galaxy is still a better critically acclaimed game then Halo 3/ODST and the mostcritically acclaimed game of the generation.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][...] and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.Sandvichman

And with that, just as reviews are just opinions, and opinions don't matter, your opinion doesn't matter either.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Thunderdrone

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][...] and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.foxhound_fox

The lengths you go to discredit the praise this particular game gets is both disturbing and entertaining,

I wonder what happened to trigger this level of commitment, and why it bothers you so much

IIRS3II_H1TMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IIRS3II_H1TMAN
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts
I'm sorry, the Wii has failed this gen and every game on it has failed to. Nothing can live up to Xbox LIVE and the Xbox 360.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
I'm sorry, the Wii has failed this gen and every game on it has failed to. Nothing can live up to Xbox LIVE and the Xbox 360.IIRS3II_H1TMAN
the wii fails in games not system....and the last part of ur post i hope is a joke
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]
... and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.Haziqonfire
So? Critical opinions are still opinions. Just because Mario Galaxy got the most high praise, doesn't make it the best game. That would require someone to have played every game ever made, and have an objective means of evaluating them all against one another. And that would only last until the next new game came out, and the entire system would have to be reformed. You, and many others may think Mario Galaxy is the best game ever made, but that doesn't make it a fact. I just hope you try to make that distinction more clear... because so far, you really haven't.

The lengths you go to discredit the praise this particular game gets is both disturbing and entertaining, I wonder what happened to trigger this level of commitment, and why it bothers you so much

simply put it he'll never give nintendo credit where credit is due.
kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"] According to?

Who cares, halo 3 is a better game then SMG.

dont forget to add imo :D..
BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BattleTurtles
[QUOTE="IIRS3II_H1TMAN"]I'm sorry, the Wii has failed this gen and every game on it has failed to. Nothing can live up to Xbox LIVE and the Xbox 360.stereointegrity
the wii fails in games not system....and the last part of ur post i hope is a joke

I'm sorry, the Wii has failed this gen and every game on it has failed to. Nothing can live up to Xbox LIVE and the Xbox 360.IIRS3II_H1TMAN
Pfft, fanboys.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

foxhound_fox

Good! Now other than being that guy who acts like a bot that generates anti-Wii rants based on very basic scripts, I can also identify you as that completely deaf user.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 foxhound_fox

In all honesty I'm just following the 'System Wars' rules.Haziqonfire

Well, the only rule we really have, at least right now, is "anarchy rules." So I'm not sure why you "play along" with the score debate if you don't support it.

The lengths you go to discredit the praise this particular game gets is both disturbing and entertaining,

I wonder what happened to trigger this level of commitment, and why it bothers you so much

Thunderdrone

I don't know what you are prattling on about, but I discredit the praise of any game, regardless if I like it or not. The fact of the matter is, reviews are opinions, not facts, and cannot be used to "prove" that such-and-such game is "better" than another or "best" overall. Claiming that "SMG is the greatest game ever, because it is the most highly critically praised game" is not much of an argument, or really, any discussion at all.

We (I at least) come here for discussion, not the espousal of opinions as facts. You yourself are playing up SMG2's soundtrack as something greater than even sliced bread, and I would have to disagree with that appraisal, as I am entitled to do so (you seem to imply I am not, and there is some "deeper rooted issue" than merely just my own opinions that differ from yours). It is a discussion, and if you can't handle negative opinions, then don't make a thread.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I must say I can't wait for this game to come out. The first one was a masterpiece.

And yes Thunderdrone, the music is beautiful.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 foxhound_fox

simply put it he'll never give nintendo credit where credit is due.Shinobishyguy

Despite constantly admitting that Nintendo still has high-quality first-party titles that uphold a very high standard in terms of polish and construction.

God... I love Nintendo fan strawmans of me.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
The main theme is just alright, some of the music in the clips is pretty awesome.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 haziqonfire

Well, the only rule we really have, at least right now, is "anarchy rules." So I'm not sure why you "play along" with the score debate if you don't support it.

foxhound_fox

Because it's system wars, lol.

I don't know what you are prattling on about, but I discredit the praise of any game, regardless if I like it or not. The fact of the matter is, reviews are opinions, not facts, and cannot be used to "prove" that such-and-such game is "better" than another or "best" overall. Claiming that "SMG is the greatest game ever, because it is the most highly critically praised game" is not much of an argument, or really, any discussion at all.

We (I at least) come here for discussion, not the espousal of opinions as facts. You yourself are playing up SMG2's soundtrack as something greater than even sliced bread, and I would have to disagree with that appraisal, as I am entitled to do so (you seem to imply I am not, and there is some "deeper rooted issue" than merely just my own opinions that differ from yours). It is a discussion, and if you can't handle negative opinions, then don't make a thread.

foxhound_fox

Reviews is basically what everyone here cares about, so thats why I even brought up the GameRankings page - Like I said, its essentially all this board is about.

And he never implied that you are not allowed to disagree. Its just funny that you care so much to disagree and argue about Super Mario Galaxy and most anti-Nintendo complaints you have, no offense, are pretty ridiculous, though ultimately just funny.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
sheeps will be rams when this gets an 8.5
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][...] and critically still Galaxy is more highly praised then Halo 3/ODST were.Thunderdrone

That could be said for you to, i have mentioned halo several times, and you openly mocked it, but why should he give credit to something when he feels it doesn't deserve it?

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

Haziqonfire

Because it's system wars, lol.

foxhound_fox

Reviews is basically what everyone here cares about, so thats why I even brought up the GameRankings page - Like I said, its essentially all this board is about.

And he never implied that you are not allowed to disagree. Its just funny that you care so much to disagree and argue about Super Mario Galaxy and most anti-Nintendo complaints you have, no offense, are pretty ridiculous, though ultimately just funny.

What i find funny is that you react to it, why do you care about his opinion, why do you feel the need to explain his opinion to him, in the most obvious matter?

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]simply put it he'll never give nintendo credit where credit is due.foxhound_fox

Despite constantly admitting that Nintendo still has high-quality first-party titles that uphold a very high standard in terms of polish and construction.

God... I love Nintendo fan strawmans of me.

Seriously Foxhound, what are you trying to prove at this point? You many have a different opinion but you convey it in a way that comes across as bitter; over orchestrated music no less. On topic: The music sounds great and I hope the game plays even better. Im always up for a quality Wii game.