New Pokemon Games to be Announced Next Week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement.While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.TVToky

This sounds really interesting. Masuda has never announced a spin off game before, and he only takes the stage to announce mainline Pokemon games (such as HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White). Are we looking at an announcement of a possible Pokemon Grey? Maybe Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes? Or maybe, even better, the sixth generation of Pokemon?

Whatever it is, a new mainline Pokemon game, in addition to Monster Hunter, Mario Kart and Super Mario will make the 3DS an unstoppable force.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Pokemon MMO launch title Wii U I will abandon my life now, drop out of my phd program, work minimum wage, buy a one room shack and spend the rest of my life as the happiest man in the world
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Ruby/Saphire remake, please oh please! I will have to start saving for a 3DS!

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I still haven't picked up black again.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Ooh please let it be something good. :)

Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

It's either a the long-awaited Pokemon MMO or another rehash.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Either Gray version or Ruby/Sapphire remakes. It better be one of those two
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Pokemon MMO launch title Wii U I will abandon my life now, drop out of my phd program, work minimum wage, buy a one room shack and spend the rest of my life as the happiest man in the worldDiviniuz

And yay!

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shinobishyguy
It would be hilarious/sad if they the announcement turned out to be for the normal DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I still haven't picked up black again.

hakanakumono
Get down to it lol, it's the freshest, most balanced, best Pokemon game yet.

Giant_Panda
I wouldn't call the main series Pokemon games rehashes. :? [QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Either Gray version or Ruby/Sapphire remakes. It better be one of those two

Pokemon TerraRuby and AquaSapphire incoming.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"] Get down to it lol, it's the freshest, most balanced, best Pokemon game yet.

Giant_Panda
I wouldn't call the main series Pokemon games rehashes. :? [QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Either Gray version or Ruby/Sapphire remakes. It better be one of those two

Pokemon TerraRuby and AquaSapphire incoming.

Question is, it's it's for the 3ds, how will they be able to get it to communicate with past pokemon games?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Impress me, Nintendo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Question is, it's it's for the 3ds, how will they be able to get it to communicate with past pokemon games?Shinobishyguy
Well, the 3DS can communicate fully with the DS and all its games wirelessly. Maybe it'll be like how Pokemon Gold/Silver communicated with Pokemon Red/Blue.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mmmwksil

Impress me, Nintendo.

DarkLink77

Would they be the first, I wonder?

:o

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[Quote="TVToky"]TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement.While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.charizard1605

This sounds really interesting. Masuda has never announced a spin off game before, and he only takes the stage to announce mainline Pokemon games (such as HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White). Are we looking at an announcement of a possible Pokemon Grey? Maybe Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes? Or maybe, even better, the sixth generation of Pokemon?

Whatever it is, a new mainline Pokemon game, in addition to Monster Hunter, Mario Kart and Super Mario will make the 3DS an unstoppable force.

Pokemon Gray as a 3DS exclusive, announced at the September 15th conference. Calling it now.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

I hope its Ruby/Sapphire remakes because I like playing games I've already played before.

A new mmo would be nice too.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Question is, it's it's for the 3ds, how will they be able to get it to communicate with past pokemon games?charizard1605
Well, the 3DS can communicate fully with the DS and all its games wirelessly. Maybe it'll be like how Pokemon Gold/Silver communicated with Pokemon Red/Blue.

but gold and silver were playable on normal gameboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Question is, it's it's for the 3ds, how will they be able to get it to communicate with past pokemon games?Shinobishyguy

Yes, and they communicated with Red/Blue by simple link cable trading. Maybe the new 3DS Pokemon games will communicate with the DS Pokemon games by wirelessly hooking up to them. Being on different systems will have nothing to do with anything.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41593 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Question is, it's it's for the 3ds, how will they be able to get it to communicate with past pokemon games?Shinobishyguy

Crystal couldn't and I think that could still link to the Kanto (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow).
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Pokemon Milky-Grey with a touch of lime. I hope it's an MMO, i'd buy any console to have that game as long as it works well.
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

I will be mad if it's on the 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

flipdc5
Come on, odds are that it WILL be on the 3DS, having it on the DS is retardedly suicidal.
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 flipdc5

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

charizard1605

Come on, odds are that it WILL be on the 3DS, having it on the DS is retardedly suicidal.

LOL wut? Bigger fanbase for ds = more sale.....

What can the ds do that 3DS can't? This is pokemon we're talking about, it's going to be crappy pixelated graphics and we know ds can handel that.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

charizard1605

that would pretty much be them saying "don't bother with the 3ds ever, just stick to your normal ds's"
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 peterw007

Pokemon Milky-Grey with a touch of lime. I hope it's an MMO, i'd buy any console to have that game as long as it works well.JohnF111

The more I think about player-led Gyms, the more awesome it sounds.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Here,have some more pokemon games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="flipdc5"]

flipdc5

What can the ds do that 3DS can't? This is pokemon we're talking about, it's going to be crappy pixelated graphics and we know ds can handel that.

The point is, they're trying to sell their new handheld. The 3DS is already struggling, they NEED to give people reasons to buy the system over the original DS (especially since the DS has such a massive library and the 3DS does not). A Pokemon on the 3DS would sell insanely. I mean, if one went by the logic you are propounding in your post, then Sony would have made God of War III for the PS2, Microsoft would have made Halo 3 for the Xbox, and no new system would ever have succeeded.
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 flipdc5

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Come on, odds are that it WILL be on the 3DS, having it on the DS is retardedly suicidal.charizard1605

The point is, they're trying to sell their new handheld. The 3DS is already struggling, they NEED to give people reasons to buy the system over the original DS (especially since the DS has such a massive library and the 3DS does not). A Pokemon on the 3DS would sell insanely. I mean, if one went by the logic you are propounding in your post, then Sony would have made God of War III for the PS2, Microsoft would have made Halo 3 for the Xbox, and no new system would ever have succeeded.

Don't want main Pokemon game on a failing system, sorry. I'd be ok if its a remake, snap, or pinball but please no gen 6 or grey.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Well, the 3DS can communicate fully with the DS and all its games wirelessly. Maybe it'll be like how Pokemon Gold/Silver communicated with Pokemon Red/Blue.nintendoboy16

Crystal couldn't and I think that could still link to the Kanto (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow).

Yeah Crystal was able to communicate with Red/Blue/Green/Yellow I played Crystal and I linked them to Gen I and Gen II.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

flipdc5

Don't want main Pokemon game on a failing system, sorry. I'd be ok if its a remake, snap, or pinball but please no gen 6 or grey.

The 3DS is not failing.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mmmwksil

flipdc5

Funny thing is, the minute a main Pokemon game hits the 3DS, its fortunes do a complete 180.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 peterw007

flipdc5

Sorry, but Pokemon Gray on the 3DS is inevitable.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shinobishyguy

flipdc5

that's the exact reason why they would want to put it on the 3ds in the first place, to make sure that it DOESN'T fail
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

peterw007

Sorry, but Pokemon Gray on the 3DS is inevitable.

Game Freak basically confirmed the main series will always be on Handhelds in the foreseeable future.

Sugimori stated, "I am interested in strong visual effects. However, I believe that Pokémon is most appropriate for portable consoles."

Masuda then chimed in, "I'm really not thinking about having the main Pokémon games on the Wii, because using portable consoles means you can always carry Pokémon around with you and you can play with other players, so that's the future I'd like to emphasize."

Game Freak

http://gamerant.com/main-pokemon-games-home-consoles-riley-84028/

That is where the quote is from.

flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 flipdc5

Pokemon does good numbers on any handheld system but come on.... This franchise is not the saving grace for the 3DS.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

why announce an announcement, I dont get it.. but probably some stupid turn based mmo.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mmmwksil

Pokemon does good numbers on any handheld system but come on.... This franchise is not the saving grace for the 3DS.

flipdc5

I think you're underestimating teh powah uv pokemanz!!!1!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

flipdc5
You're right, it isn't. However, along with Mario, Mario Kart, Layton, Monster Hunter, Super Smash Bros and Dragon Quest, it will propel 3DS sales into high gear. Pokemon is the most major piece of that puzzle, it's the premier handheld game franchise.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shinobishyguy

flipdc5
Name one other handheld franchise that sells as much world wide... Oh wait, you can't
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

It will be either Pokemon Gray or Pokemon Grey :P

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 peterw007

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

Shinobishyguy

Name one other handheld franchise that sells as much world wide... Oh wait, you can't

Ooooh snap.

Pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game franchise with 200+ million copies sold world-wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

If that isn't a system seller, I don't know what is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

PhazonBlazer
Gray for the DS, Grey for the 3DS. Confirmed.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shinobishyguy

PhazonBlazer
It'll be gray in the US and grey is europe. In japan it'll be Gurayu
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nintendo_Ownes7

PhazonBlazer

It will be Pokemon Gray in North America and Pokemon Grey in the UK.

Although it is acceptable to call it Grey in North America.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="flipdc5"]

peterw007

Ooooh snap.

Pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game franchise with 200+ million copies sold world-wide.

But the kids relate more to the cute lil critters than a sweaty italian plumber :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

peterw007

Ooooh snap.

Pokemon's system selling record is literally the best in the world. Franchises like Mario and Final Fantasy have appeared on systems that went on to fail- NO SYSTEM that Pokemon ever appeared on failed, they were all runaway successes. Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest asset.
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 flipdc5

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

Shinobishyguy

Handheld franchise? Pokemon isn't exclusive to handhelds and you're right about it being a killer seller, but it still can't save the 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

flipdc5

Handheld franchise? Pokemon isn't exclusive to handhelds and you're right about it being a killer seller, but it still can't save the 3DS.

Teh 3DS is doomed.
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 peterw007

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Shinobishyguy