New Mario title in development - EAD Tokyo

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Please let it be a true 3D mario title like Galaxy, 64, and Sunshine.

The fixed camera in 3D world is neat for awhile...then when the stages begin to get really difficult (mostly in world flower) the weird perspective begins to show it's flaws.

A camera isn't fixed if you can adjust it, which you can 90% of the time. Very few stages were especially difficult, and the ones that were weren't because of the camera.

3D World is much more fun than the Galaxy games, 64, and especially Sunshine. It has much tighter level design and far better pacing.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@Ballroompirate:

We just got a fire emblem last year, and we also have the smt crossover in development.

But Star Fox, F-Zero, Metroid, Earthbound, etc. All have fans begging Nintendo for new games; Meanwhile Nintendo ignores them and spams Mario every year, expecting it to turn things around for the Wii U.

I'm actually talking about a FE Wii-U version which the last console version was back in 2007. Even including Awakening there's only been 2 FE games since 2007.

I personally prefer FE on handhelds. the series doesn't really gain anything by being on consoles except for pretty cutscenes; and PoR and RD were two of the weaker games in the series.

2 games in 7 years for one franchise really doesn't sound that bad to me.. I would have liked it if they had put out one more in that timespan, but I'd rather wait a couple of years between games than have the franchise being oversaturated.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

This isn't news. This is literally a 100% certainty at this point.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Great. More of gaming's best franchise is excellent news.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Wonder if they'll make a third galaxy game

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

As much as I enjoyed 3D World, I kinda wish they would take a longer break. Give the poor guy a rest.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@Capitan_Kid said:

Wonder if they'll make a third galaxy game

I honestly doubt it. Mario needs to move away from that part of the series.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

the last mario game i played, super mario galaxy - it was pretty good.

i wouldn't bet on any franchise, but i'd give another mario game a fair chance.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Please let it be a true 3D mario title like Galaxy, 64, and Sunshine.

The fixed camera in 3D world is neat for awhile...then when the stages begin to get really difficult (mostly in world flower) the weird perspective begins to show it's flaws.

A camera isn't fixed if you can adjust it, which you can 90% of the time. Very few stages were especially difficult, and the ones that were weren't because of the camera.

3D World is much more fun than the Galaxy games, 64, and especially Sunshine. It has much tighter level design and far better pacing.

Woah...

3D World was ace. Much better than what I was expecting. Probably my favorite game of 2013.

Pacing and especially level design being better than the Galaxy games? I'd let you argue pacing, but SMG2 is maximum quality level design. Playing it should be a requirement at game design schools.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pffrbt

@ConanTheStoner said:

SMG2 is maximum quality level design. Playing it should be a requirement at game design schools.

A lot of it just isn't much fun. Having just replayed it there's only a handful of levels that really stand out as especially fun. Something about it just feels really dull for the most part.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ConanTheStoner  Online

@Pffrbt said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

SMG2 is maximum quality level design. Playing it should be a requirement at game design schools.

A lot of it just isn't much fun. Having just replayed it there's only a handful of levels that really stand out as especially fun. Something about it just feels really dull for the most part.

Haha, I'll just have to agree to disagree then, we're on opposite ends of the spectrum here.

Aside from a few minor mis-steps, SMG2 kept me amazed from beginning to end. So many 'holy shit!' moments. The level design was just above and beyond, not just for Nintendo, but in comparison to the industry as whole. In my 26 years of gaming I can only think of a handful of games that compare in this regard. I'm not usually one to go full on hyperbole, but SMG2s level design just struck that note with me.

3D World was very well designed and rock solid of course, but very rarely was I impressed with the level design. More than satisfied of course, EAD doesn't **** around. It just never felt like they were pushing new limits, but instead were re-treading proven ideas from the series with some slight twists.

Being a co-op game, I think 3D World was excellent. I think they pushed the formula as far as they could with multiple players in mind and as a whole I think it's every bit as good as SMG2 for what it sets out to do. I just think SMG2 edges it out for pure balls to the wall insane platforming levels.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I've seen the game, it looks fun.

Super Mario 128

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

After how good 3d world ended up being I think EAD has earned the benefit of the doubt

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pffrbt

@ConanTheStoner said:

I just think SMG2 edges it out for pure balls to the wall insane platforming levels.

I can't even imagine what stages you could possibly be talking about where this description seems appropriate.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ConanTheStoner  Online

@Pffrbt said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

I just think SMG2 edges it out for pure balls to the wall insane platforming levels.

I can't even imagine what stages you could possibly be talking about where this description seems appropriate.

Yeah, like I said man. We're definitely not going to see eye to eye on this one.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Blabadon said:

If it's Galaxy 3, I'm buying a Wii U.

Simple as that.

Galaxy 3 with HD versions of the first two. Would be pretty damn tempting.... BUT at the same time it could get a bit boring too. I don't know, I'm having these weird mood swings atm...

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

New Super Mario Bros U Too!......*LOL were nintendo, aren't we clever with puns for the names of games? ahahaha*....... :/