New japanese book asks why the PS3 "failed"

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

I just thought this was funny how cows always called Japan Sony country. Seems not everyone in Japan feels the same.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/paper-stuff/new-japanese-book-asks-why-ps3-failed-297947.php

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
just a little premature, perhaps...?
ROCKINGFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ROCKINGFOOL
Member since 2005 • 1795 Posts
i wonder what will the cow gona say now ?
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

I just thought this was funny how cows always called Japan Sony country. Seems not everyone in Japan feels the same.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/paper-stuff/new-japanese-book-asks-why-ps3-failed-297947.php

Eltroz

Not all books needs to be true.Calling a console failure after 8 month is short-sided and dumb. Besides, few killer-apps have been released to PS3 in Japan. I'm not surpiresed that the sales are slow there

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
[QUOTE="Eltroz"]

azad_champ

Not all books needs to be true.Calling a console failure after 8 month is short-sided and dumb. Besides, few killer-apps have been released to PS3 in Japan. I'm not surpiresed that the sales are slow there

PS3 has been out 11 months not 8. It came out in Nov of last year. So been out almost a full year now.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
somebody should send them a link to that sony disapointment timeline and give them the answers.
threegodhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 threegodhalo
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
Haha, and Cows say that FlopStation 3 is doing well in Japan. Oh well, at least Microsoft and Nintendo are doing okay. Halo 3.

Remember, remember, the 25th of September.
LordXelNaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LordXelNaga
Member since 2005 • 1161 Posts
Haha, and Cows say that FlopStation 3 is doing well in Japan. Oh well, at least Microsoft and Nintendo are doing okay. Halo 3.

threegodhalo
The Japanese didn't even bother making a book asking why the 360 failed.
ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ForgottenDemon
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

Yes its doing horrible! And the PS3 fans say that it won't fail just because make themselves feel better! Face the fact PS3 fanboys it will totally die in Halo 3 launch!

ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ForgottenDemon
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]Haha, and Cows say that FlopStation 3 is doing well in Japan. Oh well, at least Microsoft and Nintendo are doing okay. Halo 3.

LordXelNaga

What?!! 360 is the best in the console sales YO! Why do you say that it failed *sigh*

thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

:| ........... :lol:

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
A high price, and lack of games.....that's about it, and look I explained it in one line.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="LordXelNaga"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]Haha, and Cows say that FlopStation 3 is doing well in Japan. Oh well, at least Microsoft and Nintendo are doing okay. Halo 3.

ForgottenDemon

What?!! 360 is the best in the console sales YO! Why do you say that it failed *sigh*

No buddy not in japan. You jsut gatta face that fact. PS3 is still selling more in japan then the 360.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

threegodhalo

You think MS is doing "ok" in Japan?

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 castlevaniaX
Member since 2004 • 547 Posts

Yes its doing horrible! And the PS3 fans say that it won't fail just because make themselves feel better! Face the fact PS3 fanboys it will totally die in Halo 3 launch!

ForgottenDemon

Isn't halo 3 supposed to be the final fight for your master chief ? well, according to this, he will die first.

Owned.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

[QUOTE="LordXelNaga"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]Haha, and Cows say that FlopStation 3 is doing well in Japan. Oh well, at least Microsoft and Nintendo are doing okay. Halo 3.

finalfantasy94

No buddy not in japan. You jsut gatta face that fact. PS3 is still selling more in japan then the 360.

Japan is owned by Nintendo.
castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 castlevaniaX

[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]Haha, and Cows say that FlopStation 3 is doing well in Japan. Oh well, at least Microsoft and Nintendo are doing okay. Halo 3.

darthogre

You think MS is doing "ok" in Japan?

Ask him first where Japan is and then let him talk about x360 being ok there.

lol

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts
[QUOTE="Eltroz"]

azad_champ

moving from "100 million" to 4 million is a pretty good indicator of failure to anyone w/ any common sense.

it's odd, that only one year ago cows were swearing japan was sony's territory and will singlehandidly move sony back to #1...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

castlevaniaX

Isn't halo 3 supposed to be the final fight for your master chief ? well, according to this, he will die first.

Owned.

Same could be said about MGS4. Also not everyone who owns a 360 likes Halo. I own a 360 and im not getting that overhyped crap known as halo. I still remember the dissapointment of Halo 1. TBH Mass effect is the game to get.

Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Finale-
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
Must be a pretty bad book.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

tango90101

moving from "100 million" to 4 million is a pretty good indicator of failure to anyone w/ any fanboy sense.

it's odd, that only one year ago cows were swearing japan was sony's territory and will singlehandidly move sony back to #1...

Fixed

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 castlevaniaX
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

BreakingPoint8

Any game will be released only on X360/PS3 is supposed to be an execlusive game for PS3 in Japan only. FACT

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

BreakingPoint8

Yea true, but were comparing PS3 to 360 in japan.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

finalfantasy94

moving from "100 million" to 4 million is a pretty good indicator of failure to anyone w/ any fanboy sense.

Fixed

keep the dream alive... i'm sure the ps3 will make up their lost 92 million customers any day now...:lol:

Stumpt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Stumpt25
Member since 2006 • 1482 Posts
The Japanese also wrote 'The Art of War'. Didn't give em much help in WW2........
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

tango90101

Fixed

keep the dream alive... i'm sure the ps3 will make up their lost 92 million customers any day now...:lol:

Fanboys comments are null and void. I own all 3 systems.

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 castlevaniaX
[QUOTE="castlevaniaX"][QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

finalfantasy94

Owned.

Same could be said about MGS4. Also not everyone who owns a 360 likes Halo. I own a 360 and im not getting that overhyped crap known as halo. I still remember the dissapointment of Halo 1. TBH Mass effect is the game to get.

Anyway, I was refering to ForgottenDemon's reply stating that PS3 will die.

Regards anyway,

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

finalfantasy94

Fixed

this has nothing to do with you...

just the fact the sony home field is calling them a failure...

that's GOTTA hurt.... only because it's true...;)

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="castlevaniaX"][QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

castlevaniaX

Owned.

Regards anyway,

Dude I was commenting on the guy you respoinded to.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Seckzy_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
Sony must now leave the country in disgrace
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

tango90101

Fixed

WOW I never knew one guys opinion spoke for everyone in JP.

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 castlevaniaX
[QUOTE="castlevaniaX"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="castlevaniaX"][QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]

finalfantasy94

Owned.

Regards anyway,

Dude I was commenting on the guy you respoinded to.

lolz...sorry

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

finalfantasy94

Fixed

from the 2 billion dollars in losses the ps3 has created, the lost jobs the ps3 has created and the move from first to faaaaar last place, i think it's safe to say it's more the one guys opinion...;)

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
Okay so maybe, Sony's forces are pulling back but Sony still hasn't released their monsters yet, MGS4 and FFXIII, it is too early to justify loss.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="tango90101"][QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

finalfantasy94

Fixed

from the 2 billion dollars in losses the ps3 has created, the lost jobs the ps3 has created and the move from first to faaaaar last place, i think it's safe to say it's more the one guys opinion...;)

All big companies lose money. I mean look at MS which lost I think a couple of billions after the Death of many 360's and having to make a 3year warrenty. Also you said it your self ITS OPINION not fact.

no. i said it was MORE THAN one guys opinion....

the ps3 is on target to lose more in 1 YEAR than the xbox did in 4....;)

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalfantasy94

Okay so maybe, Sony's forces are pulling back but Sony still hasn't released their monsters yet, MGS4 and FFXIII, it is too early to justify loss.solidte

Exacly. Also PS3 libary is growing since most of every game is going multiplat.

VACASCULIADAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VACASCULIADAS
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts
:lol: that happens when u call ur pos console a super computer.
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 azad_champ
[QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]

Eltroz

PS3 has been out 11 months not 8. It came out in Nov of last year. So been out almost a full year now.

It'sstill tooearly to claim the death of PS3 in Japan.MGS4,FFXIII and GT5 hasn't been released yet there and if there is any console that is doomed in Japan it's the 360. 1 and a half year and still selling like 1k units in a week. That's just embarrasing.Sony didn't expect PS3 to hit skyrocket in sales in it's first year so just lay down the "PS3 is ze do0med"talk.

threegodhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 threegodhalo
Damn, the rules state to not quote more than 4!

And Again, Sony messed up big time and is selling crap.

2-3 million in more than half a year now. The 360 was close to 10 million in a year's time.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tango90101
[

Yea again as you say OPINION not fact. You can say more then one guys opinion, but thats what it is an opinion. Opinion doesint=fact.

it's a fact. they lost 95% of the their usebase, losing money faster than ever before, and their LAST place stance is only getting farther behind...

the ONLY ones who don't see the ps3 as being a failure are those with fanboy goggles....

approaching one year on the market and still haven't hit 5 million sold? = failure..

go ahead... believe what you want, but the FACTS prove otherwise...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 finalfantasy94

Damn, the rules state to not quote more than 4!

2-3 million in more than half a year now. The 360 was close to 10 million in a year's time.
threegodhalo

DID you put in the fact that the 360 was the ONLY next-gen system around at the time and having the newest system was the thing. Its kind of like saying when madden was the only football game around. Why you think it sold so well? because consumers had no other choice at the time.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalfantasy94
[

tango90101

Yea again as you say OPINION not fact. You can say more then one guys opinion, but thats what it is an opinion. Opinion doesint=fact.

it's a fact. they lost 95% of the their usebase, losing money faster than ever before, and their LAST place stance is only getting farther behind...

the ONLY ones who don't see the ps3 as being a failure are those with fanboy goggles....

approaching one year on the market and still haven't hit 5 million sold? = failure..

FACT 360 was out first and longer thefore it got more sells. Thats a fact you cant fight. Also some gamers who own a 360 already either dont have the money to spend on a new system or just dont want it.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 azad_champ
[

tango90101

Yeah, Sony totally lost 100 million PS2 owners. That's why there are 50 million Wii and 50 million 360's sold.The only ones who can't admit that PS3 isn't failure until a few years is a fanboy. And besides, the PS3 is almostsellingat the same speed as 360 in their respective lifetime.

threegodhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 threegodhalo

[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]Damn, the rules state to not quote more than 4!

finalfantasy94

DID you put in the fact that the 360 was the ONLY next-gen system around at the time and having the newest system was the thing. Its kind of like saying when madden was the only football game around. Why you think it sold so well? because consumers had no other choice at the time.

Don't give me that crap. Wii is doing better than the PS3 and is catching up to the 360. Wii isn't even a next-gen system and doing better. Facts remain. PS3 bombed big time, Lair bombed, Heavenly Sword has started bombing, and so has MGS4 (or it will).

Once Halo 3 comes out, the sales of the 360 will sky rocket to 4x that of the PS3 userbase.

That is a fact.

People want quality over crap, fyi.
castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 castlevaniaX
[

tango90101

%95 ???? OMG... what year is it now ??

lolz
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][

finalfantasy94

FACT 360 was out first and longer thefore it got more sells. Thats a fact you cant fight. Also some gamers who own a 360 already either dont have the money to spend on a new system or just dont want it.

yes, the 360 came out first.

but it wasn't supposed to matter according to cows and sony... after all, all sony users are LOYAL ...:roll:

maybe the customers didn't get the memo....

you're right tho.... most casuals haven't made the jump to next gen... and do you know why? because of pricing...

and the ps3 will perpetually be behind the others in pricing... due to sony's poor business plan....

when you move from first to LAST... that is a failure...sorry...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]Damn, the rules state to not quote more than 4!

threegodhalo

Don't give me that crap. Wii is doing better than the PS3 and is catching up to the 360. Wii isn't even a next-gen system and doing better. Facts remain. PS3 bombed big time, Lair bombed, Heavenly Sword has started bombing, and so has MGS4 (or it will).

Once Halo 3 comes out, the sales of the 360 will sky rocket to 4x that of the PS3 userbase.

That is a fact.

People want quality over crap, fyi.

Yea mainly cause wii is cheaply priced. If PS3 came out first before 360 who you think would be on top? PS3 you know why because people whould say "I already spend 600 bucks on a new system and I cant spare money at the moment" Thats fact. Also I think you mean quantity because quality means your system wont die out on you everytime.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tango90101
[QUOTE="tango90101"][

azad_champ

Yeah, Sony totally lost 100 million PS2 owners. That's why there are 50 million Wii and 50 million 360's sold.The only ones who can't admit that PS3 isn't failure until a few years is a fanboy. And besides, the PS3 is almostsellingat the same speed as 360 in their respective lifetime.

that's weird because sony THEMSELVES called the xbox a failure only after 6 months on the market...

but it's different now? sorry... no double standards...;)