New Dragon Age: Origins Media! Bioware has another winner on their hands!

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Tower Gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-dragon-age/53108

Human Noble Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-dragon-age/53106

Dwarf Commoner Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-dragon-age/53104

This game is looking simply amazing. And it seems like it has received another level of polish. What do you think?

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.AAllxxjjnn

yeah, they are trying too hard to appeal to the gears of war crowd.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BioShockOwnz

I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.AAllxxjjnn

I don't think it's done enough. When I slice and dice, I want to see their freaking intestines spill to the ground.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.Pdiddy105

No, not really. But I expected this when I made a thread for it.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
The more I see clips of this game, the more I start to dislike what I see. Is it me or is the gore very lame looking? It seems like Bioware are trying too hard to be cool or something. This, in my opinion, is NOT looking like Baldur's Gate quality of gameplay.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.BioShockOwnz

I don't think it's done enough. When I slice and dice, I want to see their freaking intestines spill to the ground.

I agree, I want guts and brains flying out, everything in perfect detail.. People are too weak to violence these days.

But this doesn't look like a type of game I would like, I find it boring looking.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.Yandere

I agree, I want guts and brains flying out, everything in perfect detail.. People are too weak to violence these days.

But this doesn't look like a type of game I would like, I find it boring looking.

:lol: I'm not even part of the tween shooter crowd, but I still want the intense gore with guts pouring out.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Seeing the credibility of Bioware going through the roof these days, I'm confident my money will be well-spent with this game. :)

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
The graphics leave allot to be desired... I'm not sold on the GP and story yet.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

:lol: I'm not even part of the tween shooter crowd, but I still want the intense gore with guts pouring out.

Same, I dislike most FPSes, I just really like violence.. It's very beautiful when done right.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
The more I see clips of this game, the more I start to dislike what I see. Is it me or is the gore very lame looking? It seems like Bioware are trying too hard to be cool or something. This, in my opinion, is NOT looking like Baldur's Gate quality of gameplay.xsubtownerx
Your right, its looking better. there was nothing interesting or impressive about Baldurs Gate gameplay.. it was standard D&D of the time in every generic form. as for the blood.. I think the gritty nature of the combat moreso than most games before it.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

It looks decent.

I still don't understand why it requires such high system requirements though.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

The game looks so bad. It leaves alot to be desired the graphics and animations that the length of the game doesn't matter.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.BioShockOwnz

It's already ridiculous...what you're suggesting is ludicrous.  That amount of blood is just stupid looking.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]The more I see clips of this game, the more I start to dislike what I see. Is it me or is the gore very lame looking? It seems like Bioware are trying too hard to be cool or something. This, in my opinion, is NOT looking like Baldur's Gate quality of gameplay.Birdy09
Your right, its looking better. there was nothing interesting or impressive about Baldurs Gate gameplay.. it was standard D&D of the time in every generic form. as for the blood.. I think the gritty nature of the combat moreso than most games before it.

Well that's your opinion. I think the gore looks lame, and just thrown in there to try and make the game look cool. Maybe to lure a new crowd of gamers to the RPG world..
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Birdy09
Whats wrong with you people? the graphics are fine, theyve improved quite abit, its clearly the Mass Effect Engine, you can tell by the subtle conversation scenes.. the faces/character models are great, the textures are decent... what more do you want? They look better than games like Gears of War character models thats for damn sure. You forget how limited your consoles are... show me a fantasy RPG using western styles that looks graphically better....
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I think they should tone down the gore a bit, it's a little overdone. Other than that, looks good.AAllxxjjnn

It's already ridiculous...what you're suggesting is ludicrous.  That amount of blood is just stupid looking.

If I were hacking someone up with a sword, I'd expect quite a vulgar display of gore.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nhh18

Whats wrong with you people? the graphics are fine, theyve improved quite abit, its clearly the Mass Effect Engine, you can tell by the subtle conversation scenes.. the faces/character models are great, the textures are decent... what more do you want? They look better than games like Gears of War character models thats for damn sure. You forget how limited your consoles are... show me a fantasy RPG using western styles that looks graphically better....Birdy09
What is wrong with the graphics. Ugly textures that are high res still don't make them lesss ugly. Terrible 3d enemy character design. Horrible animations. There isn't alot to love. Who cares if it is from the mass effect engine. Mass Effect wasn't all that graphically either but at least had a significantly better artstyle than this.

Image 3

does this look good to you?

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

look some-what like a more casual take on demon's souls to be honest, which could be a good or bad thing. The game seems semi-interesting so far. If it's anything like DS I think I'll love it.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]Whats wrong with you people? the graphics are fine, theyve improved quite abit, its clearly the Mass Effect Engine, you can tell by the subtle conversation scenes.. the faces/character models are great, the textures are decent... what more do you want? They look better than games like Gears of War character models thats for damn sure. You forget how limited your consoles are... show me a fantasy RPG using western styles that looks graphically better....nhh18

What is wrong with the graphics. Ugly textures that are high res still don't make them lesss ugly. Terrible 3d enemy character design. Horrible animations. There isn't alot to love. Who cares if it is from the mass effect engine. Mass Effect wasn't all that graphically either but at least had a significantly better artstyle than this.

Ugly Textures? what? Theyre better than Fable and Oblivions... crisper, better colours. The Art-style is meant to be more "realistic", then again so was oblivions but thats older and more sandboxish. I cant honestly see how you can claim those are ugly textures its ridiculous, terrible 3D enemies? they look like humans... and that dragon ogre was awesome. Some of the most realistic and good player models in a Fantasy game I have seen, ofcourse refering to Western Cultured Fantasy.

Theyre Dwarves what do you expect? I dont see anything wrong with that... its thier take on Dwarves.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]Whats wrong with you people? the graphics are fine, theyve improved quite abit, its clearly the Mass Effect Engine, you can tell by the subtle conversation scenes.. the faces/character models are great, the textures are decent... what more do you want? They look better than games like Gears of War character models thats for damn sure. You forget how limited your consoles are... show me a fantasy RPG using western styles that looks graphically better....Birdy09

Ugly Textures? what? Theyre better than Fable and Oblivions... crisper, better colours. The Art-style is meant to be more "realistic", then again so was oblivions but thats older and more sandboxish. I cant honestly see how you can claim those are ugly textures its ridiculous, terrible 3D enemies? they look like humans... and that dragon ogre was awesome. Some of the most realistic and good player models in a Fantasy game I have seen, ofcourse refering to Western Cultured Fantasy.

No fable 2 looks better because it has a better art design. Same with oblivion. This game is one ugly game.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="nhh18"]What is wrong with the graphics. Ugly textures that are high res still don't make them lesss ugly. Terrible 3d enemy character design. Horrible animations. There isn't alot to love. Who cares if it is from the mass effect engine. Mass Effect wasn't all that graphically either but at least had a significantly better artstyle than this.

nhh18

No fable 2 looks better because it has a better art design. Same with oblivion. This game is one ugly game.

More cartoonish art design in Fables case... which is defintly more towards preference because I find the kids in that game godamn horrific to look at... infact most of the characters, in this... I like the player models instantly. Nothing ugly about it. Oblivions faces were pathetic.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Ugly Textures? what? Theyre better than Fable and Oblivions... crisper, better colours. The Art-style is meant to be more "realistic", then again so was oblivions but thats older and more sandboxish. I cant honestly see how you can claim those are ugly textures its ridiculous, terrible 3D enemies? they look like humans... and that dragon ogre was awesome. Some of the most realistic and good player models in a Fantasy game I have seen, ofcourse refering to Western Cultured Fantasy.Birdy09

More cartoonish art design in Fables case... which is defintly more towards preference because I find the kids in that game godamn horrific to look at... infact most of the characters, in this... I like the player models instantly. Nothing ugly about it. Oblivions faces were pathetic.

So what if oblivion faces were pathetic. The enviroments were significantly better and that game is now 3 YEARS OLD.

Image 3

fable 2

Image 12a

oblivion

Image 5

dragon age origins

I don't like the look of dragon age origins at all. It plain out looks ugly to me.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Birdy09
To me its pretty much Identical to Oblivions, only the actual character design is better, you also got to understand that this is also played in ISOMETRIC view aswell as a primary option, the world seems closer together because of it, the female from DA looks better than Os... as do most of the characters. and the 2 scenes you are comparing are well ... hardly compariable... a brick caste to a landscape with ruins? Fable 2's artsyle is good, its enviroments are awesome, but the character models are absolutely disgusting.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BioShockOwnz

look some-what like a more casual take on demon's souls to be honest, which could be a good or bad thing. The game seems semi-interesting so far. If it's anything like DS I think I'll love it.

Some-Mist

This game will score higher than Demon's Souls (zzz...).

Image 75

Image 88

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Epic 3rd person action RPG from Bioware? YES PLEASE! Those videos were awesome.
keabrown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 keabrown79
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I just hope the PS3 version is as good as the 360's

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Smells like a GOTY candidate :) .

Memoryitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 Memoryitis
Member since 2006 • 2221 Posts

Well I know what class Im going to play first, the Warden looks sickk

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Looks alright. The gameplay should be exciting enough once you get into the later parts of the game.

And, on the issue of the blood, I don't really have an issue with the amount of blood, I think that's about right. What I take issue with is the style of the blood. It just kinda sprays out from the wounds here. I like my gore to be stylized, like in 300, where every sword slash was followed up by a trail of thick, syrupy blood that followed the path of the sword, or that shoots up into the air when you slice up from below. The blood here just doesn't do it for me. It was kind of on the right track when they killed the big troll looking thing, though.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

[QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]

Have you not seen any of the past trailers? It definitely is...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]

Pdiddy105

Have you not seen any of the past trailers? It definitely is...

Sure.

"Oh noes, it's teh Manson!" Yeah, believe me, I've heard all the whining. I don't like Manson, either. Still, that doesn't represent what looks to be a great game. You won't be hearing mainstream Manson while playing the game. Trailers are made specifically for marketing purposes, because devs would like to make some money on their projects, ya know? Us hardcores are nice and all, but we're not enough, so therefore marketing material with some mainstream care tends to help. That's common sense. I know hardcores want devs to suffer and sell a few hundred thousand copies of their game, but the real world is rough.

IIRS3II_H1TMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IIRS3II_H1TMAN
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts
So what kind of game is this? just a regular RPG?
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I find everyone whining about the graphics funny. It looks fine to me, the devs have already confirmed a gore toggle so if it bothers you than turn it down or off.. This game looks great and will hopefully be half as good as Baldur's Gate II.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
...Don't know why gore is so "lame" now. When I cut into some organic enemy in a video game I expect something to spill out. When you cut yourself in real life...does it just bleed purified air? It looks good I suppose...but I'm still disappointed about no kind of coop. :(
IIRS3II_H1TMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IIRS3II_H1TMAN
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts
Is this an Open World Game??
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#39 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I don't care what anyone says, this is going to be my goty right here. Loving everything about it. The combat animations are especially nice.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

I don't care what anyone says, this is going to be my goty right here. Loving everything about it. The combat animations are especially nice.

ironcreed

Now that I think about it, this might actually be my GOTY too, lol.

Can't wait to get this game. I already know I'm going to waste hundreds of hours on this game replaying it with different Origin stories and playing/making new content on the PC.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
It's looking excellent. I don't really get people's negative attitudes towards it. Didn't look that gory to me, just some blood, in a perfect world dismemberment would be a standard feature.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
The more I see clips of this game, the more I start to dislike what I see. Is it me or is the gore very lame looking? It seems like Bioware are trying too hard to be cool or something. This, in my opinion, is NOT looking like Baldur's Gate quality of gameplay.xsubtownerx
Wow, I feel the EXACT same way. They haven't even showed us a true gameplay video. If this game was like Baldur's Gate, you would point and click to tell your characters to attack people and it would be automatic except for abilities/spells. But from what they have shown, it looks like a hack 'n' slash game like Devil May Cry. It seems more like an action movie from a very niche director rather than an epic fantasy adventure.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Smells like a GOTY candidate :) .

Espada12

Already my 2009 goty lol

Bioware > any other dev

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

This is why GOWIII is going to be a massive hit :P
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#45 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They want this to be a kind of Baldur's Gate in 3d.
That would be quite an accomplishment.

The visuals do make it look boring imo, maybe it is the animation? But if You know Baldur's Gate You know this is probably going to be an extremely deep RPG.
You'll have many unexpected events and big impact on characters, the world and what happens to You.

We'll see. It doesn't really look convincing to me neither but if they are really going for It, there is a lot hidden behind the visuals/video's.

Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

I told myself that I wasn't going to look at any gameplay for this game because I don't have the money to buy it. Well I saw the gameplay and now I'm buying it. Damn you Bioware...damn you...

Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

I probably won't be playing Too Human anymore once I get this.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I like how the fact that they react to you hitting them :P I want it in all my RPGs.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I like how the fact that they react to you hitting them :P I want it in all my RPGs.aaronmullan
Yeah but it looks kind of clunky, like it's an mmo or so. It's weird, i think most complaints here are actually based on that. But You're right, in a lot of rpg's enemies don't interact with You character at all beyond a small oomph or so, it's still an improvement.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Looks pretty good, the level of gore is pretty lame though maybe trying a little to hard on that part.