Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@mandzilla said:

@Xabiss: Ah yes Socom is a big one, I wonder why they're sitting on that IP.

Sony? Because it's not a movie game?

it flopped on PS3. the Call of duty virus killed it.

Not exactly. SOCOM Confrontation did well even though it released in a hellish broken state. The game went on to be a greatest hits title for the PS3. Where SONY went wrong was forcing Zipper to make SOCOM IV as a rip off of CoD/BF and keep 15% SOCOM in it. Most people (including myself.. even though I bought it) didn't like that, and THAT game flopped... it also bankrupted Zipper and SONY pulled funding... a complete bs scenario since SONY forced their hand into making a game that just wasn't a SOCOM game by anything other than name. They need to take the franchise back to its roots, give it a strong dev with a boatload of cash, and it could easily still be a contender in the online shooting biz. One life games are hot right now... but SONY is blind 99% of the time, so will they open their damn eyes and see the daylight and realize it is time to strike while the anvil is hot? No probably not... but I sure as hell hope so.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Yeah, SOCOM as a PS5 title does indeed make a lot of sense. My theory now is that they want to add VR functionality to it, sort of like that Firewall: Zero Hour game.

Perhaps they want to wait until next-gen so they have a more capable PSVR headset to work with. Think about it, the first SOCOM game paved the way for Sony's online multiplayer service. Maybe now the plan is to use the SOCOM series once again to kickstart VR multiplayer. Would be pretty cool!

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 IMAHAPYHIPPO  Online
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

Anything Valve stopped making at any point.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

@mandzilla said:

@WitIsWisdom: Yeah, SOCOM as a PS5 title does indeed make a lot of sense. My theory now is that they want to add VR functionality to it, sort of like that Firewall: Zero Hour game.

Perhaps they want to wait until next-gen so they have a more capable PSVR headset to work with. Think about it, the first SOCOM game paved the way for Sony's online multiplayer service. Maybe now the plan is to use the SOCOM series once again to kickstart VR multiplayer. Would be pretty cool!

That would be pretty bad ass, but it needs to stay in 3rd person. If they can find a way to stay in 3rd person and perhaps bring the scope up to your eye when you pull the gun up or something that would be pretty cool. Unless they plan on making it full 1st and 3rd person interchangeable (like PUBG or something).. which I'm cool with too, as long as there are no 1st person only modes. That would be amazing. SOCOM put SONY online on the map... it was a powerhouse, and it can be again. They just need to do it right, give it a good budget, get it in the right teams hands, and release the game when it's ready.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Jet Moto! Gameday!

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

Mega Man X, Phantasy Star Online(or not online), Viewtiful Joe, Fable, Star Fox, Bloodborne, Advance Wars, Castlevania (2d), Bravely Default, Jet Set Radio, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve, Mega Man Legends, Dead Rising, Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia, Power Stone, Street Fighter Alpha.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56228 Posts

Only game I want the series to return is Golden Sun. I really dig that RPG game on the Gameboy Advance and it had a rich story to tell.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Papermario
Member since 2016 • 245 Posts

@magmadragoonx4 said:

Mega Man X, Phantasy Star Online(or not online), Viewtiful Joe, Fable, Star Fox, Bloodborne, Advance Wars, Castlevania (2d), Bravely Default, Jet Set Radio, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve, Mega Man Legends, Dead Rising, Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia, Power Stone, Street Fighter Alpha.

final fantasy still going right ?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#109 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Thief should come back but be faithful to the original trilogy. The third game cops a lot of unnecessary criticism but its concept was well ahead of its time. Now we have the technology to put in a huge open city where you can rob houses, big and small, and all without load times too. Can you imagine how damn cool that would be?

Max Payne 4 would be great but only if it ignores the plot of the third game and is a direct sequel to the second one.

Jedi Knight 4 should also return because we are long overdue for a single player Star Wars game that showcases that amazing combat model again.

I'd also love to see new Monkey Island and a proper C&C game.

Oh and thanks to the good people advertising needlessly down the bottom of this page....Splinter Cell! Break Sam out of that nursing home. Spark him up a bit, tell Ubisoft to pull their heads in and make the game!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#110 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

Alex Kidd

Phantasy Star (original)

Ninja Gaiden

Prince of Persia

Lufia

Chrono

Metal Slug

Alundra

Legacy of Kain

SSX

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I wanna say Burnout as 3 it is one of my favourite arcade racers ever - but Revenge and Paradise disappointed me so maybe that ship has sailed.

Maybe Conker then as it never had a proper sequel. Project Spark had a decent Conker mini game that showed a sequel could work. I loved the multiplayer of the N64 and Xbox versions so I’d like to see that back as well.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:
@mandzilla said:

That would be pretty bad ass, but it needs to stay in 3rd person. If they can find a way to stay in 3rd person and perhaps bring the scope up to your eye when you pull the gun up or something that would be pretty cool. Unless they plan on making it full 1st and 3rd person interchangeable (like PUBG or something).. which I'm cool with too, as long as there are no 1st person only modes. That would be amazing. SOCOM put SONY online on the map... it was a powerhouse, and it can be again. They just need to do it right, give it a good budget, get it in the right teams hands, and release the game when it's ready.

Hey good points. As cool as I think a VR SOCOM game would be, if a sequel comes out then it really should to stick to its roots as a third-person tactical shooter game. Just have an emphasis on teamwork and communication for the online, and that alone would set it apart from the pack lol. I'm sure it could do very well if handled right.

Doerevolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Doerevolt
Member since 2019 • 41 Posts

I think King of fighter should make comeback at least remaster the original game

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#114 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

Glover seems largely forgotten. Interesting mix of marble madness and Mario 64. Flawed, but mechanically really fun on paper.

Loading Video...

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

Genso Suikoden and Wild Arms I guess.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

I not a big fan of series and I know it been rerelease, but Kotomari Dimascio in VR I think might be a nice game to see.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@doerevolt: King of Fighters 14 is still good. Would be good to have a graphical upgrade though but I think SF5 just kicked it's ass out the market in the end.

The last 2d King of Fighters was KoF13 and the first was Fatal Fury: King of Fighters.

Fatal Fury is OK but simplistic in modern terms. The two plane jumping mechanic could be good though.

I am now trying to play Yu Yu Hakusho: Sunset Riders (Brazil release).

I think it might be the best fighting game on the Mega Drive.

THIS series needs a reboot.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Colony Wars