My Opinion on the Playstation 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Ok, so they have just been released in europe which is where i am stituated, and i thought i would give my opinion on the playstation 3. I know no-one will care lol but i am just doing this because im bored and my girlfriend is spending forever in the bathroom (How longs it take to have a bath!!!!) Anyway, so i recently got a playstation 3 and i was pleased with it. It looks sexy and its big and i dont know why, but i like big. (No jokes plesae with that remark ^^) But here comes my first complaint, Man!! Those things gather dust like crazy!. First thing i had to after 15mins of play is give my sexy station a wipe. But oh well, minior complaint but is quite annoying to say the least. So i turn this techicnal feat on, and i was quite impressed with the senstive touch buttons, really nice touch (no pun intended). As it turns on i notice that the UI is almost excatly the same as the PSP''s. Now i dont mind this, but it would be nice if it had its own unique design, but nothings perfect. So i was scrolling though these and it appears to have everything you need, your movies tab, your music tab and so on and so forth. So no shortage of features on this machine. So far so good. Now let me talk about the controllers. Personaly, i really dont like them. I don't like the feel of the R2 and L2 buttons and i also dont like how light they are. Now i know, i know, they want to make controllers as light and invisable as possible so it doesn't take you out of the 'expereince' but as the topic title says, this is my opinion and i just dont like the controllers that much. They have a playstation live button which i don't know if they copied Microsoft, but it certianly seems that way both of a cosmetic and technical standpoint. The package i brought was the 60gb version, personaly i see no reason for a 60gb inless you want to download trailers and demos buti got this one because i was not sure if the playstion 3 did somthing fancy with the hard-drive which is why they have released such a large and also expensive package, hopefully the community can fill me in on this if, there is somthing. I also enjoy that the playstation 3 has pretty much everything you need to get the most out of your exsisting hardware, for e.g mobile phones. With the inclusion of a cardreader on this machine is quite remarkable and i really pleased they did this. Then you have the blu-ray, well, personaly i see no difference other then it holds extra storage, but of course i see with extra storage comes extra gameplay so a big plus for that. I am also dead chuffed that it has an built in HD-DVD player unlike a certain console that released. Playing this console on and HDTV is, ok, im gonna be straight with you, it really is the best way to play any of the nextgen consoles, simply because they really wernt built for SDTV's. They are calling this the high Definition Era for a reason and sony have certainly not failed in that department. DVDS look amazing on HDTV and Games to. Speaking of games! I think its time i talk about them for a bit now don't you? Ok, so the launch titles, really arnt that impressive, in my opinion of course. I don't know, i just find them to be quite, sparce when it comees to the selection. Not that many games there intereast and since i have and completed Oblivion and Oblivion is not yet released over here, when that does come out it would be the best game on the ps3 no doubt at that point in time, but again, since i have completed it, it shares no interest to me what so ever. Never the less though, there are some.. interesting games out there for the ps3. Spcificly, Motorstorm. This game really looks amazing when playing 1080i or 1080p on a big HDTV. Graphicly i really havnt seen many games look this good, considering its one of the consoles first games, i guess this leaves us to be excited on how graphicly good games are goona get. Metal Gear Soild anyone?. I know i have not gone into detail about the games, but then again, im only really here to talk about the console its self and im little bored since my girlfriend has finally come out of the bathroom (3 cheers!!!) So, i think its time for my closing comments. Closing Comments.................... All in all, i am chuffed about the console, i have a few nick nacks with the machine, primarily the controller, but overall it is a tough competior for the 360. The console is super sexy, technicly amazing and has a lot of built in features that increase this consoles fun-factor even further. I.E the inclusion of an HD-DVD player and cardreader. I thnk its worth nothing quickly that yes i do have a 360 as well and that i am not a fan boy of nither console. Both i respect and both have things that i dislike, every console has somthing that everybody dislikes individuly and i am no exception. So to end this... i guess we can call it a review upto this point. I am gonna give this a rating. I hope you guys are all having fun with your playstation 3 and i hope to hear from you soon. Take care P16. -------------------------------- Playstion 3 console rating 8/10 EDIT - I aplogize for the wall of text, this crappy gamespot forum editior is not letting me edit it. So stop whining and either read it or leave it. Lol why people have to waste there time with... - "didnt read it" i'd never know.
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
Wall of text. What is your point ?
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
:shock:  Wall of text!  Impossible to read!!!
SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
it is not a wall of text, there are paragraphs, there is just one big paragraph in the middle, but since you guys like your forum posts so very well constructed, let me fix it for you. *rolls eyes*
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
Your a doa chick and you have a girlfriend?  Whoa  :shock:
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
I read it but you should seriously add your xbox 360 rating out of ten also , so we know which one you think is better.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Best giving your opinion on a forum that isnt full of grown up retards... like the PS3 forums or the UK forums on gamespot for instance.. you'd get much better replys on them boards.. "oh noes wall of text! not reading it!" posts.
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
ps3 has bluray not hddvd
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
 .DA_B0MB
Best giving your opinion on a forum that isnt full of grown up retards... like the PS3 forums or the UK forums on gamespot for instance.. you'd get much better replys on them boards.. "oh noes wall of text! not reading it!" posts.Dahaka-UK
This is exactly how I feel about those damn retards. And to the TC...nice review and fair enough.