My huge discovery for Left 4 Dead 2....

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

that you can play splitscreen ONLINE. like me and my friend were playing co-op then we got bored and decided to take turns playing versus. so i start it up and boom the screen was still split, and we were online. i was just blown away. how in the world did i not know about this??? this is huge, i thought it was impossible on games. why was something like this so overlooked? or is it just me?....what other game does something like this?? and its amazing ground breaking stuff like this that make it worth paying for online.

cheers M$ have my money.

Avatar image for Arbiterisl33t69
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Arbiterisl33t69
Member since 2009 • 2542 Posts
Halo 3.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Halo 3.Arbiterisl33t69
This actually has 4 player split screen
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Revolution316

Halo 3.Arbiterisl33t69
ok now its on...HALO REACH GOTY CONFIRMED. it better have it. i mite be late to the party but this new discovery is amazing.

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Borderlands and Halo 3 come to mind.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Perfect Dark 0

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

What's with people's obsession with splitscreen? It makes games look tiny. I'd much rather play with friends online.

atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

Hate split screen

Avatar image for Arbiterisl33t69
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Arbiterisl33t69
Member since 2009 • 2542 Posts
Tell that to sheep who think online games are boring and would be more fun played on splitscreen.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

I wish more games did more than just 2-player split screen. Games like Gears and Unreal Tournament should have more than just 2-player.

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
Goldeneye
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

What's with people's obsession with splitscreen? It makes games look tiny. I'd much rather play with friends online.

Gxgear

Not all of my friends have PS3s with the same games I have. I really wish Far Cry 2 had splitscreen because I'd really like to play some of the custom maps I made with my friends. If I wanted to play Far Cry 2 with my friends, they'd have to buy a PS3 with the game Far Cry 2. One of my friends who has a PS3 doesn't want to get Far Cry 2 for it because he already hasthe gamefor his 360. So basically, without splitscreen, I can't play certain games with friends.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50656 Posts

that you can play splitscreen ONLINE. like me and my friend were playing co-op then we got bored and decided to take turns playing versus. so i start it up and boom the screen was still split, and we were online. i was just blown away. how in the world did i not know about this??? this is huge, i thought it was impossible on games. why was something like this so overlooked? or is it just me?....what other game does something like this?? and its amazing ground breaking stuff like this that make it worth paying for online.

cheers M$ have my money.

Revolution316

Oh please, you knew this because you gave this as a reason to put down all Ps3 exclusives earlier today. Stop faking.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Revolution316

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

cheers M$ have my money.

Chutebox

Oh please, you knew this because you gave this as a reason to put down all Ps3 exclusives earlier today. Stop faking.

no honestly i found out today. not going to lie tho, another reason to be happy with my choice of trading my ps3 for a 360. splitscreen ONLINE like thats just impressive. 360 is really the true next gen system.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chutebox  Online

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

cheers M$ have my money.

Revolution316

no honestly i found out today. not going to lie tho, another reason to be happy with my choice of trading my ps3 for a 360. splitscreen ONLINE like thats just impressive. 360 is really the true next gen system.

Warhawk does it too (just to name one), does that make Ps3 a true next gen system?

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

Resistance 2, Borderlands, and I believe ModNation Racers will have this feature.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Gxgear
I love split screen. Its so much fun to just sit on a couch with 3 other of your friends drinking and playing Halo or MW2
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Oh please, you knew this because you gave this as a reason to put down all Ps3 exclusives earlier today. Stop faking.

Chutebox

Warhawk does it too (just to name one), does that make Ps3 a true next gen system?

And Resistance 1 and 2, motorstorm 2, and plenty of other games. Nextgen system confirmed.
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Revolution316

You do realize that Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 aren't the only games to have the feature of splitscreen online. Warhawk says hi. It's not something exclusive to the 360.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]no honestly i found out today. not going to lie tho, another reason to be happy with my choice of trading my ps3 for a 360. splitscreen ONLINE like thats just impressive. 360 is really the true next gen system.

punkrocker163

And Resistance 1 and 2, motorstorm 2, and plenty of other games. Nextgen system confirmed.

He's not replying anymore lol. I guess he didn't know about these games either.
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Revolution316

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

GeoffZak

You do realize that Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 aren't the only games to have the feature of splitscreen online. Warhawk says hi. It's not something exclusive to the 360.

well that justs great....

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

cheers M$ have my money.

Revolution316

why would you ever trade a console?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

yes, it is great. the wii also has a ton of splitscreen games.
SamGv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SamGv
Member since 2007 • 1102 Posts

UT3 / Gears of War

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Yes, some of the features are awesome and yet overlooked, Halo is one of the best shooters partly for its wealth of features and Left4Dead 2 is following in its footsteps.

AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdjacentLives
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

Gxgear

Some of us actually prefer human company.

muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

Resistance 2 has splitscreen online, with fiddyeight others.

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

cheers M$ have my money.

Revolution316

Resistance 2. Oh, look at that. Resistance 2 came out first.

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

Actually quite a lot of Xbox games have this, its great IMO and i don't know why they don't advertise this more.

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

cheers M$ have my money.

Brownesque

Resistance 2. Oh, look at that. Resistance 2 came out first.

But oh, didn't perfect dark zero and gears of war and halo 3 come out before that? naaaw too bad

Not taking into account original xbox games either.

Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Borderlands does NOT have online spilscreen.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Left 4 Dead 2 owns

/thread

/system wars

splitscreen is an awesome feature that needs to be in more games. Wish BC2 has it, read it has no co-op:?

kittyloaf69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kittyloaf69
Member since 2009 • 1023 Posts
I like online games but split-screen is sweet in the right circumstances.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Iantheone

I love split screen. Its so much fun to just sit on a couch with 3 other of your friends drinking and playing Halo or MW2

I've tried it with MW2, Halo, R2, and Borderlands and I just can't stand it. Much prefer games that supports local multiplayer but keeps all the action on a single screen, like fighting games for instance.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

Revolution316

not exclusive, yeah.

but something MS has clearly done better in, considering their exclusives/strong ties with groups like Valve.

kittyloaf69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kittyloaf69
Member since 2009 • 1023 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

HavocV3

not exclusive, yeah.

but something MS has clearly done better in, considering their exclusives/strong ties with groups like Valve.

Resistance 2 also has it.
yoyofroyoyoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yoyofroyoyoyo
Member since 2010 • 501 Posts

cheers M$ have my money.

Revolution316
4x4 evolution on dreamcast u could download pc tracks pc users made, play against pc and mac users and play splitscreen online.
yoyofroyoyoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yoyofroyoyoyo
Member since 2010 • 501 Posts
also unreal championship 1# u can play splitscreen online.
LazerChachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LazerChachi
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts

2 great benefits of playing splitscreen halo, call of duty, whatever.

+You can't camp, because everyone can see your screen. Also, if someone says they don't screenlook, they're lying, becausing playing splitscreen without screenlooking is like living with breathing. It just happens.

+If your buddy acts like an idiot/loser crybaby, you can just slug them. No invisible internet forcefield.

xX-Incubus-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xX-Incubus-Xx
Member since 2009 • 1120 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

cheers M$ have my money.

yoyofroyoyoyo

4x4 evolution on dreamcast u could download pc tracks pc users made, play against pc and mac users and play splitscreen online.

Dreamcast wins this thread.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ryan_Som

2 great benefits of playing splitscreen halo, call of duty, whatever.

+You can't camp, because everyone can see your screen. Also, if someone says they don't screenlook, they're lying, becausing playing splitscreen without screenlooking is like living with breathing. It just happens.

+If your buddy acts like an idiot/loser crybaby, you can just slug them. No invisible internet forcefield.

LazerChachi

To me, screenwatching is frowned upon. I hate when my friends do it and my friends with any self-respect hate when other people do it. If you're gonna screenwatch, you might as well turn radar on and just keep running towards each other. At least then it's just reaction time.

I lost a lot of respect as a gamer for a friend of mine. We were playing 2 player split screen competitive on MW2. This is when I first started (got the game late) and he had already prestiged once on PC, so he knew the maps and what guns, attachments, and perks worked best. Not only did he screenwatch, but he camped, used BS spots that only regular players would know about, and noob tubed to unlock other attachments. I'm just like, "Dude, your offline profile is separate and you ONLY play against me. Quit being a dick."

As soon as he noticed me coming back and getting some killstreaks on him he's immediately start screenwatching harder and overcompensating for not being the "pro player" that he should be. To this day, he still says he doesn't screenwatch.

Damn COD meatheads. Only concerned with their KD/R and NO sense of sportsmanship.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46628 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

cheers M$ have my money.

Revolution316

First of all this has nothing to do with the 360, PC can do it as well and I'm sure that if there was a PS3 version it could do it just as well.

Second, there are NO, not a single one, next-gen systems, only current gen.

Third, go ahead give all your money to MS, they will be very happy about it and will start working on L4D3 with even more split screen capabilities. Oh no they won't because the game is made by Valve !

Please inform yourself before starting a new thread.

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

Gxgear
If you have a friend come over, and you want to play online against more people you can split screen and still have fun?
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#44 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

I didn't know that about L4D2, that's awesome! I have played a few games with Split Screen Online (Halo 3 comes to mind) and I think that option is awesome. It's so fun to go online with a friend when you're playing together on one console :D.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ryan_Som

I didn't know that about L4D2, that's awesome! I have played a few games with Split Screen Online (Halo 3 comes to mind) and I think that option is awesome. It's so fun to go online with a friend when you're playing together on one console :D.

fabz_95

I had fun with it on the first Left 4 Dead. Plus, my TV can split screen 2 different inputs so we were running 2 360s with 2 copies of the game playing 4 players online (technically). It was funny because we'd join a lobby and pick Infected right away. Since we weren't using mics people were assuming we'd be uncoordinated. Oh how wrong they were. :twisted::lol:

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Gxgear
its cause some people obviously dont have online for their consoles haha, but Im with you on that, I cant stand split screen.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

toxicmog

If you have a friend come over, and you want to play online against more people you can split screen and still have fun?

When I have friends over we play games that are more party-friendly in nature, not shooters or games that makes my eyes bleed.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#49 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Good amount of people play it split-screen online.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts

Gxgear
never understood, this sure back in the day when Golden Eye was around, it was cool since it was a brand new feature and most people didn't have good connections. But these days? Dunno.