MW2 PC vs PS3

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 QuitoFOOL
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

Not trying to start a flame thread or anything but I thought this would be a good forum to get a variety of different opinions on this.

As of right now I have MW2 on PC. I also have the option of getting MW2 on PS3 for $40 w/ free shipping. I prefer using a mouse to aim but other players on PC are ridiculously good and some use aimbots. It seems to me like the Dualshock 3 would be the hardest controller to aim with (flame if you want) so overall are people on the PS3 version less accurate? There's also the FragFX and Frag'n'stein for the PS3 which would make aiming better but are there also a lot of people that use that on PS3?

Then also I'm thinking of getting BFBC2 on either PC or PS3 but I can't decide yet.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Get BFBC2 on PS3. Best choice in my opinion.

QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 QuitoFOOL

Mystic-G

What's your reason that its a better choice though?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Mystic-G
Why is the PS3 the better choice? For 99% of the multiplats, the PC is the best choice.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

millerlight89
Why is the PS3 the better choice? For 99% of the multiplats, the PC is the best choice.

And we should listen to a guy who rates Heavy Rain and God of War 3 a 1/10 because......?
QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuitoFOOL

Btw I can get BFBC2 for $30 on PC and $40 on PS3. I'm leaning towards the PC version.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Btw I can get BFBC2 for $30 on PC and $40 on PS3. I'm leaning towards the PC version.

QuitoFOOL
Get the PC version. Unless you're a huge trophy addict, get the PS3 version.
Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

BFBC2 on ps3 because.... i dont know

QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuitoFOOL

I about to order the PC version right now. Does anyone know how good the EA Download system is? Can I redownload my purchased games as many times as I want ala Steam? Or maybe I should just wait a few days and order the physical copy? I'm bad at decisions lol

QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuitoFOOL

Also still wondering if I should get MW2 for PS3?

Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#11 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

Also still wondering if I should get MW2 for PS3?

QuitoFOOL

Get Bad Company 2 PS3, the multiplayer is better in my opinion

TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts
got bfbc2 on pc the other day from ea store for 20 bucks. i dont see why any of you would be suggesting getting it on ps3. there is an awesomely huge community playing on pc and you know its got m/k controls so thats a plus. and i cant stand playing games at 720 rez. i need pc gaming.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

millerlight89

This under 1%. I've heard far too many whimper that the server browser for BFBC2 is teh broke on PC. Best to save yourself any trouble and get it for PS3. I'm not biased either way, just calling it like I see it.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Mystic-G

This under 1%. I've heard far too many whimper that the server browser for BFBC2 is teh broke on PC. Best to save yourself any trouble and get it for PS3. I'm not biased either way, just calling it like I see it.

True PC version is a bugfest to get into a game. Also not very optimized, You need a good PC to play it. Still if You have a good PC i would recommend that one.... though.... You say You have trouble aiming well with mouse/keyboard... So i guess PS3 is the way to go.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
Why would people recommend to play BFBC 2 in an inferior way? I'm sure it looks nice on the PS3, but its no contest against the pc version. Plus dedicated servers :)
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Why would people recommend to play BFBC 2 in an inferior way? I'm sure it looks nice on the PS3, but its no contest against the pc version. Plus dedicated servers :)ducati101
Yeah but if he has problems with aiming on MW2 pc... You still need to aim a whole lot in BFBC2. I mean, it's still a shooter.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
[QUOTE="ducati101"]Why would people recommend to play BFBC 2 in an inferior way? I'm sure it looks nice on the PS3, but its no contest against the pc version. Plus dedicated servers :)KungfuKitten
Yeah but if he has problems with aiming on MW2 pc... You still need to aim a whole lot in BFBC2. I mean, it's still a shooter.

Sorry but i don't have any problems with the aiming. Maybe cos I'm use to tactical shooters?
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Mystic-G

You're biased, simply because you rely on other people to tell you that it's broken, instead of using it yourself. It's not broken at all, they fixed all the problems it was having.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
get it for the ps3 if you want to be an April fool
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Don't waste your time on this game and buy another one. Short campaign, lousy multiplayer, this isn't worth the time nor money. I suggest you save that money for a better game like BFBC2 or Mass Effect or I don't know, anything better than COD.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Get BBC2 on the PC,don´t go with inferior versions.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Get Rogue Warrior on any system you can, multiple if possible, its the best $60 anyone can ever spend.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Arach666
Dont buy into this crap, I bought the pc version and regret it, the loading times and lobby system is completely screwed up.
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

Mystic-G
Because in comparison to the X360 its selling HORRIBLY?
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

shadow8585

ye, totally.

PC version is superior in so many ways.

if he gets BC2 it's PC, if he gets MW2, it just doesn't matter which platform.

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

Birdy09
Dont buy into this crap, I bought the pc version and regret it, the loading times and lobby system is completely screwed up.

lobby system? are we playing the same game? and yes, the pc version was extremely buggy at release, however for the most part everything is fine now.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

shadow8585

And what does that have to do with anything? Except maybe FF13 on the PS3 outselling FF13 on the 360 4-1 so far, did I do that right?

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
It's garbage on both platforms.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#29 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
Buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC.
MarchanDooken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MarchanDooken
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
If I were you I would not get MW2 on PC. Hackers/cheaters are very common to see in the PC version.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Get MW2 on the PC. There really aren't very many hackers and if you play enough you will get good, just like you would on the console.

Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts
Just get team fortress 2 for the PC and stop bickering.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
Don't bother with FragFX or anything, I've heard several times that it doesn't work well enough to waste money on it. Why use something cheesy like that anyway? How is winning fun or rewarding if you haven't earned it? In my experience playing both consoles online, there is no difference between good players and good players. A good gamer will skull you with either controller. There are good players and crap players on both consoles.
ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

Birdy09

bfbc2 on PC has insanely fast loading times, faster than the older battlefields and pretty much most other games. get a better hd

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

shadow8585

Yeah Mystic, remember that sales always equal quality, and every gamer who buys a copy first considers each platform and then decides on the superior one... it has nothing to do with 360 having a higher install base, especially in North America aka FPSWorld. :roll:
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

ironman388

bfbc2 on PC has insanely fast loading times, faster than the older battlefields and pretty much most other games. get a better hd

5770, Q6600, 4GB RAM ... dont blame my rig, many people have the ridiculous loading times of a minute upwards, some people dont. The Lobby is the worst lobby of any PC game ive come across (that has dedicated servers). ridiculously long time to scan all the servers, alot of which wont connect and wont even give you a reason why.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

You will get owned with Ps3 aswell, people that play Ps3 often knows how to aim with gamepad...

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

[QUOTE="ironman388"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Dont buy into this crap, I bought the pc version and regret it, the loading times and lobby system is completely screwed up.Birdy09

5770, Q6600, 4GB RAM ... dont blame my rig, many people have the ridiculous loading times of a minute upwards, some people dont. The Lobby is the worst lobby of any PC game ive come across (that has dedicated servers).

you can easily fix the issue by just searching the internet for optimizations for bc2... its really not that difficult. its worth it for the superior version

ridiculously long time to scan all the servers

easy fix... when you click on 'search', wait 2 seconds then hit cancel... it will display all the servers. its a minor glitch with a very easy fix... its a none issue.

, alot of which wont connect and wont even give you a reason why.

thats has been fixed. it did that when it showed there were slots available to join, but if someone took that slot by the time you clicked to join, it wouldnt let you join the server cause it was full... it just didnt display a message saying that

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="ironman388"]bfbc2 on PC has insanely fast loading times, faster than the older battlefields and pretty much most other games. get a better hd

ogvampire

5770, Q6600, 4GB RAM ... dont blame my rig, many people have the ridiculous loading times of a minute upwards, some people dont. The Lobby is the worst lobby of any PC game ive come across (that has dedicated servers).

you can easily fix the issue by just searching the internet for optimizations for bc2... its really not that difficult. its worth it for the superior version

easy fix... when you click on 'search', wait 2 seconds then hit cancel... it will display all the servers. its a minor glitch with a very easy fix... its a none issue.

thats has been fixed. it did that when it showed there were slots available to join, but if someone took that slot by the time you clicked to join, it wouldnt let you join the server cause it was full... it just didnt display a message saying that

Well thats good to know at least, I havnt logged on since 2 days after release. was bitterly dissapointed with the game, fun for a few hours. Like most mulitplats though, I wouldnt say its vastly superior at all, though better.... marginally.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] 5770, Q6600, 4GB RAM ... dont blame my rig, many people have the ridiculous loading times of a minute upwards, some people dont. The Lobby is the worst lobby of any PC game ive come across (that has dedicated servers).

Birdy09

Well thats good to know at least, I havnt logged on since 2 days after release. was bitterly dissapointed with the game, fun for a few hours. Like most mulitplats though, I wouldnt say its vastly superior at all, though better.... marginally.

2 days after release.....
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

nmaharg

Sorry I cant base games on retail now?

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Well thats good to know at least, I havnt logged on since 2 days after release. was bitterly dissapointed with the game, fun for a few hours. Like most mulitplats though, I wouldnt say its vastly superior at all, though better.... marginally.Birdy09

Do whatever you feel, but don't be surprised when you get funny looks.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] 5770, Q6600, 4GB RAM ... dont blame my rig, many people have the ridiculous loading times of a minute upwards, some people dont. The Lobby is the worst lobby of any PC game ive come across (that has dedicated servers).

Birdy09

fair enough

but yeah, i have come to expect that multiplayer-focused pc games will be glitchy the first few days... but its better now

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dgsag
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Birdy09

The game has been patched several times since you last played it...
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Birdy09"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] 2 days after release.....nmaharg

It's sad that expecting a game to work properly upon launch gets you "funny looks". MW2 is an abomination on every plat btw. :lol:
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Mystic-G

BFBC2 on PC if that's what you're more comfortable aiming with. I have it on PS3 and it's great, but I think there's a higher player cap on the PC version. Of course, I've heard BF2 is better than BC2, but being a PC player I would assume you've played it already.

And choose BF over MW2 because it's a better game and has dedicated servers.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dgsag

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Sorry I cant base games on retail now?

Hahadouken

It's sad that expecting a game to work properly upon launch gets you "funny looks". MW2 is an abomination on every plat btw. :lol:

Yeah, but disregarding fixes that greatly enhance the gameplay experience released mere weeks after the game's launch is even worse.

QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 QuitoFOOL
got bfbc2 on pc the other day from ea store for 20 bucks. i dont see why any of you would be suggesting getting it on ps3. there is an awesomely huge community playing on pc and you know its got m/k controls so thats a plus. and i cant stand playing games at 720 rez. i need pc gaming.TheMistique
I've already ordered it for PC because it seems far superior and at the same time cheaper. But how did you get it at the EA Store for $20?? I got mine for $29 so oh well, just curious.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Get Bad Company 2 for PC...unless you dont mind all those jaggies in the console versions.

QuitoFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuitoFOOL

Get Bad Company 2 for PC...unless you dont mind all those jaggies in the console versions.

rzepak

Yeah console jaggies suck ass...