MW2 on PC max of 18 players online..at least 100 ms ping

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

This is according to a user transcription of the Best Buy MW2 chat with Infinity Ward devs

http://jalba.se/headz/files/text/bestbuymw2log.php

01:33 Mackey-IW
The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, ****s, challenges, etc.

Also, lean has been officially removed from the PC version:

02:34 zach426
What was your guy's logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous call of duty titles?
02:34 Mackey-IW
The game is not balanced for lean.

Link to the thread on IW forums:

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=141980&start=250

Link to the Best Buy chatroom which is in progress:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Developer-Chat/ch-p/COD#

If you have doubts feel free to ask the devs yourself.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

:lol: they didn't remove the lean feature.. they just never added it when making the xbox version :lol: and a player cap on the PC version? What's the point of buying this on PC? :lol:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I... I... really don't know what to say. I'd like to know what motivated these decisions on behalf of Infinity Ward. What kind of mindset they have to actually make these changes.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
:lol: I can't believe the thought of buying this game crossed my mind once the other day.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

:lol: they didn't remove the lean feature.. they just never added it when making the xbox version :lol: and a player cap on the PC version? What's the point of buying this on PC? :lol:

Espada12
Enough smileys? PC version still has better graphics and better controls.
Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
Whos gonna by it on the PC now?
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Espada12
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

urdead18

Don't be hating on my smiley! Who cares about those slightly better graphics and controls the game isn't designed for (hence the lack of recoil with any gun), this is a console game plain and simple. Any reason to buy this on PC has gone straight out the window.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 urdead18
[QUOTE="urdead18"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Don't be hating on my smiley! Who cares about those slightly better graphics and controls the game isn't designed for (hence the lack of recoil with any gun), this is a console game plain and simple. Any reason to buy this on PC has gone straight out the window.

Why is it better to buy the game on consoles?
Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
Wow, anyone buying this for the PC is helping to kill gaming. Console users are excused because they love to be milked.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="urdead18"] Enough smileys? PC version still has better graphics and better controls.urdead18

I just told ya, it's fine tuned and balanced around a controller, the slightly better visuals isn't going to change that, plus the console (xbox) community is where IW is making this the target platform for. Much like Dragon Age and the PC, Call of Duty MW2 - Console.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 urdead18

[QUOTE="urdead18"][QUOTE="Espada12"] Don't be hating on my smiley! Who cares about those slightly better graphics and controls the game isn't designed for (hence the lack of recoil with any gun), this is a console game plain and simple. Any reason to buy this on PC has gone straight out the window.Espada12

I just told ya, it's fine tuned and balanced around a controller, the slightly better visuals isn't going to change that, plus the console (xbox) community is where IW is making this the target platform for. Much like Dragon Age and the PC, Call of Duty MW2 - Console.

Who cares who the game is targeted at? Does that give them any advantages? It's not tuned around a controller, it's got the same controls as the first one which obviously controller better on PC. FPS games are better on PC, always.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espada12

Who cares who the game is targeted at? Does that give them any advantages? It's not tuned around a controller, it's got the same controls as the first one which obviously controller better on PC. FPS games are better on PC, always.urdead18

Alot of people.. notice the 9.5 on dragon age for PC and the 8.5 for 360? It is tuned around controller, the guns are way too accurate for KB/M it's literally a noob/casual game on PC. I aint asking the guns to be like counter strike, but at least let the game require some form of effort to get kills.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 urdead18

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

Who cares who the game is targeted at? Does that give them any advantages? It's not tuned around a controller, it's got the same controls as the first one which obviously controller better on PC. FPS games are better on PC, always.Espada12

Alot of people.. notice the 9.5 on dragon age for PC and the 8.5 for 360? It is tuned around controller, the guns are way too accurate for KB/M it's literally a noob/casual game on PC. I aint asking the guns to be like counter strike, but at least let the game require some form of effort to get kills.

The extra point was for graphical improvements.(Unless I'm mistaken)

Seriously? TOO accurate?

ANY, I repeat, ANY game is difficult playing against good players.

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

Yeeahh.......I'm gonna go wait for Battlefield. Why are they releasing a PC version again?

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

"The game is not balanced for lean."

Really?

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

Who cares who the game is targeted at? Does that give them any advantages? It's not tuned around a controller, it's got the same controls as the first one which obviously controller better on PC. FPS games are better on PC, always.urdead18

The extra point was for graphical improvements. Seriously? TOO accurate? ANY, I repeat, ANY game is difficult playing against good players.

Again I said the guns are too accurate for KB/M. Every gun in the game except shotguns shoot like sniper rifles. And the extra points in DA were not only for the visuals :|

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Wow....in this instance I am just surprised by how much information Activision haven't told us yet. So how much more stuff haven't they let us know yet?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Oh man... Like...why?
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
IW's hate on for PC gaming keeps on coming.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

IW must be stopped.... No matter the cost...

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 urdead18

[QUOTE="urdead18"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

The extra point was for graphical improvements. Seriously? TOO accurate? ANY, I repeat, ANY game is difficult playing against good players.

Again I said the guns are too accurate for KB/M. Every gun in the game except shotguns shoot like sniper rifles. And the extra points in DA were not only for the visuals :|

Why does it matter how accurate the guns are? Would you prefer them to be inaccurate?
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
[QUOTE="RichardStallman"]Wow, anyone buying this for the PC is helping to kill gaming. Console users are excused because they love to be milked.

I just hope that millions of gamers will take this as a personal attack on them and deal with it with their wallets. I can't ask consolites to do it, but if you're a PC gamer, from now you're an enemy if you buy ANY game from activision.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Brownesque

HA HA HA! Get a load of this:

02:56 LaGgY_42o
What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?
02:56 Mackey-IW
I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

100 ms ping is great, you heard it here first. News to me, I always thought that was unbearable and I make it a general rule not to play on dedi servers less than 100 ping.

Keep in mind this is them getting 100 ms ping in their CLOSED BETA test.

xXSecksXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xXSecksXx
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

You can always count on Infinity Ward :P

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
It's not like that stuff comes as a surprise, like, at all. The focus has obviously been on the console versions, and making the PC version more like them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

One of the responses that made me lawl.

"Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?"
02:25 Mackey-IW
Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

I... I... really don't know what to say. I'd like to know what motivated these decisions on behalf of Infinity Ward. What kind of mindset they have to actually make these changes.

foxhound_fox
I'll bet being a bunch of dumb****s has something to do with it.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Whos gonna by it on the PC now?tehsystemwarior

I am, pre-ordered it after i saw the "you know what"- vids , better graphics and better controls ftw :D

Wow, anyone buying this for the PC is helping to kill gaming. Console users are excused because they love to be milked.RichardStallman

I don't see why it is killing gaming if you buy games you like?

chessik101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chessik101
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

Espada12
i had too lol to..
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
I'm wondering if the PC version even exists. This all sounds like they cancelled it long ago but don't want to admit it. Instead they try everything to make people not buy it so that nobody will notice.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 InsaneBasura

It's kind of funny watching this poor PR guy squirm. "It's not balanced for lean." is such a silly answer and everyone knows it. Gonna see if there's any other neat stuff in the chat log.

foxhound_fox

Why spend more time and money on the version with the lowest sales potential? Wait...what if we made it more like the more profitable versions?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 foxhound_fox

Brownesque

:lol:

I had a ****ty DSL connection when I played CoD and UO way back and would lag with a ping of anything over 100. I usually averaged 50-75.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 InsaneBasura

[QUOTE="tehsystemwarior"]Whos gonna by it on the PC now?aroxx_ab

I am, pre-ordered it after i saw the "you know what"- vids , better graphics and better controls ftw :D

Wow, anyone buying this for the PC is helping to kill gaming. Console users are excused because they love to be milked.RichardStallman

Because that's not the only message you're sending to Activision. You know this already.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Why spend more time and money on the version with the lowest sales potential? Wait...what if we made it more like the more profitable versions?

InsaneBasura

:lol: They're so ignorant that it's just hilarious.

It's like they think making the worse will actually give them more sales, I really don't understand them.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Espada12

HA HA HA! Get a load of this:

02:56 LaGgY_42o
What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?

100 ms ping is great, you heard it here first. News to me, I always thought that was unbearable and I make it a general rule not to play on dedi servers less than 100 ping.

Keep in mind this is them getting 100 ms ping in their CLOSED BETA test.

Brownesque

:lol: omg!!! How are you getting 100ms IN HOUSE? :lol:

BlackTragedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

urdead18

thats an opinion

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Somewhere down the line I was thinking of getting this game. Well that idea went out the window very fast. Its easy to tell with the removal of lean that this game is a 100% console port.

Lets list some points.

-10$ more

-No lean which is a major downgrade for no reason

-No dedi servers which is a very major downgrade.

-No mods

Can someone what IW was thinking when they made the PC version? They had a PERFECTLY good working online system from Cod4 and WaW. This gives me no other conclusion then the fact that IW really are idiots.

Let Treyarch do the PC versions this time. At least they showed a bit more respect with WaW

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

[QUOTE="tehsystemwarior"]Whos gonna by it on the PC now?aroxx_ab

Consolers are the reason why games getting worse and worse in quality,milking, and other odds and ends. Anything thats hyped, has a good trailer and those who believe what the companies say. With consolers keep on buying these poor products gives them(devs/companies) the go ahead to keep what they doing and when they strip down,milk , less content, addingDLC's(which should havebeen in at the beginingmost games)more and more , they get it hyped up to cover up the what they are doing and take in the money for a job that was half done. In the last 4-5 years most games have went from 8+ hour SP games to 2-4 hours long on average. And MW 2 has two DLC's one aimed within the first month, you cant say it isnt being milked to take your money.

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Brownesque

"Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?"

October_Tide

My favorite:

"Moriarte
Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings."

Yes, for the first time ever, you can use your mouse and keyboard in a PC game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 foxhound_fox

thats an opinion

BlackTragedy

No it isn't. The mouse and keyboard are "better" than a gamepad. You may "prefer" to use a gamepad, but the mouse is more accurate than an analogue stick, and the keyboard is highly customizable, while a gamepad leaves very few control layout options.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

Brownesque

My favorite:

"Moriarte
Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings."

Yes, for the first time ever, you can use your mouse and keyboard in a PC game.

:cry:I don't know if these are tears of laughter or sadness

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

This thread certainly gave me a good laugh :lol:

I feel bad for the guy who has to actually answer these questions :P

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 InsaneBasura

Ah, beaten., :(

I love that quote though. Encapsulates the whole situation perfectly.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
:lol: IW and activision are doing all in their power to shaft and milk hermits. And there going to run out and buy this game in DROVES :?
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Hypocrites i say. I mean how many sales to they expect to garner out of this lame version? They are only promoting piracy. I dont see how any PC gamer will buy this crap for 60 dollars.

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts

Dear Infinity Ward,

Go **** yourselfs you back stabbing mother ****ers.

Thanks for nothing,
Cait_Sith

:P....I hate these guys so much...

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

I think my favorite may have been this one:

--------

frzg
Is there a /record feature?
Answer yes... please.
We're trying to give you a 'chance'

Vince-IW
No

--------

I just love how he utterly shuts it down. :lol:

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
To be honest when I first started to hear about this stuff I really though the community was overreacting. Now however it really seems that they just dont want to give Pc gamers a hand. They have no desire for the game to be anything but the exact same thing across all platforms (even though I believe its actually cheaper to run dedicated servers then create matchmaking code). COD, for all intents and purposes, is no longer a PC game, its a PC port......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

I think my favorite may have been this one:

--------

frzg
Is there a /record feature?
Answer yes... please.
We're trying to give you a 'chance'

Vince-IW
No

--------

I just love how he utterly shuts it down. :lol:

agentfred

:lol: I can just imagine the guys rage after that post.