Multi monitor gaming on consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts

Can your console do this? I actually heard that the ps3 might be able to multi monitor, how do this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2frkROX74

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I would say this is more of a reality for consoles:

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

I heard Forza 2 or 3 could use multiple monitors or TVs. Most console games are not developed to use more than 1 screen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

I would say this is more of a reality for consoles:

Blue-Sky

tobad its 2880xSomething for like 8000usd.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts

I heard Forza 2 or 3 could use multiple monitors or TVs. Most console games are not developed to use more than 1 screen.

Valiant_Rebel
Forza 2 or 3 can run multi monitors... but you need a 360 and a copy of the game for each monitor :lol:
Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

GTR2addict

Forza 2 or 3 can run multi monitors... but you need a 360 and a copy of the game for each monitor :lol:

Oh man, that's terrible. :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

GTR2addict

So it really is possible with other words? ;)
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR2addict"][QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

Valiant_Rebel

you need a graphics card per monitor for multiple monitor support though don't you.
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

Most console games arent even 1080. The idea that they can handle multiple 720 outputs is ridiculous, unless the game was specfically meant for multiple monitors.

But it doesnt matter, based on most console gamers in this forum that find the concept of attaching a single cable from a PC to a TV is too difficult to do, the idea of attaching two or more cables from their system to two or more TVs is mind blowing.

XaosII

And hermits wonder why people call them arrogant...

Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

A very few list of games are able to do it such as Forza 2 and 3 and i think GT5 might be doing it, although you need a console for every screen due to the processing power needed as well as a few screens of course. Of course mainly because of the costs of getting the consoles and screens it's only done by the really diehard users.

But it doesnt matter, based on most console gamers in this forum that find the concept of attaching a single cable from a PC to a TV is too difficult to do, the idea of attaching two or more cables from their system to two or more TVs is mind blowing.

XaosII

Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

[QUOTE="GTR2addict"] Forza 2 or 3 can run multi monitors... but you need a 360 and a copy of the game for each monitor :lol:dog_dirt

you need a graphics card per monitor for multiple monitor support though don't you.

It's possible that you can multiscreen with one (the number of screen you can use depends on how much ports you have), but it takes alot of cpu and gpu power.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts

[QUOTE="dog_dirt"][QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

Gundamforce

It's possible that you can multiscreen with one (the number of screen you can use depends on how much ports you have), but it takes alot of cpu and gpu power.

not really. all adding screens does is increase the GPU taxing because of the higher resolution, nothing more, nothing less. also, you can tri screen with a single card, all you need is a display adapter for the 3rd
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Just to let you know even split screen is pretty taxing for most games. I remember playing PGR on the original xbox, and being fairly good until my roomate would join in on split screen. Then the frame rate would change and completely screw me up. That's why it's not on many games this gen, and the only one that I can think of off the top of my head is L4D.