MS to offer XBL for $1 a month.

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fourseamer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fourseamer4
Member since 2009 • 467 Posts

For existing silver members. Way worth it IMO for the best online on a console. I'd post a link but can't.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts

I'd post a link but can't.

fourseamer4

Why's that?

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

yeah, and after a month they will automatically charge you regular price. You have to call xbox support for them to turn the automatic charge out. That's annoying.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

That is just for the first month, after that it is the normal price

DIdn't you used to get one month free before :|

fourseamer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fourseamer4

[QUOTE="fourseamer4"]I'd post a link but can't.

Stevo_the_gamer

Why's that?

Because I'm a noob. :p It's on GS's homepage. http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26924608/first-month-of-xbox-live-now-1.html
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It should always be free.

fourseamer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fourseamer4

thelastguy
Well... use the $1 a month for the first month of Live then use your other free month card that comes with the 360.
fourseamer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fourseamer4

BioShockOwnz
Could be worst... by worst I mean PSN.
SODRChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SODRChief
Member since 2009 • 444 Posts
Xbox Live, without discomfort, smashes PSN in connection with quality...
Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

Well damn.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thelastguy

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

fourseamer4

Yeah, that's why I see adds on the dashboard :roll:

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I thought the first month is already free? I remember the first month being free when I first got a 360. That's good of MS, anyway.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

BioShockOwnz
Why is that Bio?
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts
[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="fourseamer4"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Isn't the first month free?...
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

that's actually a rip-off. the first month is $1, then you automatically enrolled into a gold account paying a monthly fee of $7.99 per month. that's $88.89 a year. for that, you could just buy the 12 month package for $40.

quote from link:

The promotional upgrade automatically enrolls participating members into a one-month renewal system. Once the promotional month expires, members will be charged the standard $7.99 fee each month unless they opt out. Currently, Microsoft has not announced an end date for the promotion.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

thelastguy
Yes...T_T now it's 2 days. Cheap a**es.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="fourseamer4"] Could be worst... by worst I mean PSN.-Snooze-

Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.

I know XBL is better, but paying for a service and then seeing ads on top of that is infuriating

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

BioShockOwnz
.....could also b substandard
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts

that's actually a rip-off. the first month is $1, then you automatically enrolled into a gold account paying a monthly fee of $7.99 per month. that's $88.89 a year. for that, you could just buy the 12 month package for $40.

quote from link:

The promotional upgrade automatically enrolls participating members into a one-month renewal system. Once the promotional month expires, members will be charged the standard $7.99 fee each month unless they opt out. Currently, Microsoft has not announced an end date for the promotion.

cowgriller
Yea well, M$ customers are so used to being ripped that they don't even notice anymore, so keep quite.... shhh
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts
[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"][QUOTE="thelastguy"]

I know XBL is better, but paying for a service and then seeing ads on top of that is infuriating

I don't see any Ads. At all. Period. Seems only America does.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Xbox Live, without discomfort, smashes PSN in connection with quality...SODRChief
"I'd buy that for a dollar" is one of the many quotable lines in the classic sci-fi film Robocop. Now, though, $1 will buy gamers one whole month on Microsoft's Xbox Live service. Microsoft has confirmed to GameSpot today that it is offering a one-month upgrade to the Xbox Live Gold subscription plan for current Silver plan members for just 100 pennies. The promotional upgrade automatically enrolls participating members into a one-month renewal system. Once the promotional month expires, members will be charged the standard $7.99 fee each month unless they opt out. Currently, Microsoft has not announced an end date for the promotion.article
Hmmt hats funny it's still 7.99 a month and how does it smash PSN. Their virtually identical except for said certain features

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"] Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.-Snooze-

I don't see any Ads. At all. Period. Seems only America does.

I am not American, I am Canadian

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cowgriller

thelastguy

so i'm guessing you don't have cable tv? the xbl fee is to maintain the central servers and provide the gamer with more features and content. how do you think MS is able to buy exclusive DLC and have an entire video rental service (and can purchase tv shows)? how do you think MS can continue to innovate the online console experience with more/better features than the competitors? these things costs money. so to pay for these things, MS charges the user a fee, which btw, is optional. you don't need to pay for silver but still have access to all of xbox live except for online gameplay.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Why not free? I'm a Silver member because it isn't free to begin with. $12/year is the same as $60/year to me. Its the principal. I don't want to pay for something that should be free.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"] Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.cowgriller

so i'm guessing you don't have cable tv? the xbl fee is to maintain the central servers and provide the gamer with more features and content. how do you think MS is able to buy exclusive DLC and have an entire video rental service (and can purchase tv shows)? how do you think MS can continue to innovate the online console experience with more/better features than the competitors? these things costs money. so to pay for these things, MS charges the user a fee, which btw, is optional. you don't need to pay for silver but still have access to all of xbox live except for online gameplay.

The PSN has everything XBL has (minus cross game parties) and I get to play online for free with no ads on the menu

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

thelastguy

:lol: yes, now they charge a dollar. This isnt good news.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

quote from link:

Odrec

Yea well, M$ customers are so used to being ripped that they don't even notice anymore, so keep quite.... shhh

not really. ms offers very good customer support (except for long wait times for a csr. still better than the cable company). yes ms may nickel and dime you, but they don't insult the consumer and then charge an insane price for their products (sony).

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thelastguy

[QUOTE="Odrec"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]

quote from link:

cowgriller

not really. ms offers very good customer support (except for long wait times for a csr. still better than the cable company). yes ms may nickel and dime you, but they don't insult the consumer and then charge an insane price for their products (sony).

Are you kidding me? MS has the most overpriced peripherals and accessories

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tjeremiah1988

thelastguy

im thinking about attacking XBL and its prices on XBOX official forums, but I know in a minute it will get locked/deleted.
Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.-Snooze-

Thats cool, so you don't mind paying a fee to fund the silver members services, how nice of you. This is why i love MS, they can take a customer to the cleaners and actully make the customer feel good about it and make them feel they are getting a good deal aswell :D, much respect for MS.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Why not free? I'm a Silver member because it isn't free to begin with. $12/year is the same as $60/year to me. Its the principal. I don't want to pay for something that should be free.

foxhound_fox

Well then, don't pay for it. While I don't enjoy paying for my XBL Gold, I still do enjoy gaming online, and while I have a PS3 and PSN isn't too bad, all of my friends have XBL. I also love that there is ONE microphone for everyone. On PSN and especially PC online, you get some of the **** audio from peoples **** microphones.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

BioShockOwnz
Its.......50 ..........dollars............per.........YEAR. CHEAP &#$@#
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

thelastguy

The PSN has everything XBL has (minus cross game parties) and I get to play online for free with no ads on the menu

xbox live still has more features than psn. not to mention that xbox live had features that took sony 2 years to implement. it sucks that ms charges the user to play online, but that money goes to a very good cause - to pay for more features and content before the competition can even think about it.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"] Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.Tjeremiah1988

im thinking about attacking XBL and its prices on XBOX official forums, but I know in a minute it will get locked/deleted.

Yeah, not a good idea :P

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"] Yeah. Well i don't :) Not one Ad. Xbox Live > PSN. May not be worth the price, but it's better no matter how you slice it.cowgriller

to top it off, MS adds crap like Twitter/Facebook/Last.fm and all that other crap to make it appear XBL is worth the 50 :roll: MS, just release a browser for the 360 already!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Trmpt

Yea, you make it sound like it's nothing. Some of us don't want to pay for it regardless of price, get over it.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="Odrec"] Yea well, M$ customers are so used to being ripped that they don't even notice anymore, so keep quite.... shhhthelastguy

but they are not required to enjoy a game. you don't need to buy an hdd to play a game. btw, sony's controllers costs more than ms's controllers.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

xbox live still has more features than psn. not to mention that xbox live had features that took sony 2 years to implement. it sucks that ms charges the user to play online, but that money goes to a very good cause - to pay for more features and content before the competition can even think about it.

More features and content? Enough to justify paying for something the competition gives you for free? Of course it took Sony forever to implement the features, there was no unified online structure on the PS2

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Trmpt

It....should...be.......0.....per....YEAR.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

but they are not required to enjoy a game. you don't need to buy an hdd to play a game. btw, sony's controllers costs more than ms's controllers.

They are the same prices where I live, the DS3 has bluetooth and lithium ion batteries

Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stoner-Pimp
[QUOTE="Trmpt"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Are you a typical xbox live user "OMG the PS3 is so overpriced!" & xbox live user "Live is only 50 dollars cheap &#$@#" type person?. Also 50 dollars x 10 is 500 dollars (a typical 10 year console life), that's a lot of money for something every other system gets for free.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

You need a HDD to play 1 vs 100 (GAME) and to save games with huge memory/dl from marketplace...
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

A hard drive is required ( not require but extremely nescessary to play games and what are you talking about http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69638 http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=40647 there a 5 dollar difference big whoop

I mean way to dish out ownage. On a controller.

MS hard drive 120 gig http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65035

a 150 dollars thats INSANCE

A wireless adapter. PS3 comes with one.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

Stoner-Pimp

Thats cool, so you don't mind paying a fee to fund the silver members services, how nice of you. This is why i love MS, they can take a customer to the cleaners and actully make the customer feel good about it and make them feel they are getting a good deal aswell :D, much respect for MS.

actually i'm a silver member. i don't like online multiplayer games. damned 12 year olds ruined it for me. actually, sony takes the "customer to the cleaners" more than ms. charging $600 for a console because they wanted to trojan horse blu-ray. gloating about having blu-ray and being the only company to provide a true hd gaming/movie experience but making the customer buy an hdmi cable because they were too cheap to give them one. charging the coster to fix a fault with the console when the fault shouldn't have been there in the first place (DRE). insulting the customer by calling them cheap and telling them to get a second job to pay for a ps3. yea but only MS takes the customer to he cleaners :roll:

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

thelastguy

They are the same prices where I live, the DS3 has bluetooth and lithium ion batteries

a 360 control is $50 and a ps3 control is $55. not much of a difference but the ds3 does cost more.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Well then, don't pay for it. While I don't enjoy paying for my XBL Gold, I still do enjoy gaming online, and while I have a PS3 and PSN isn't too bad, all of my friends have XBL. I also love that there is ONE microphone for everyone. On PSN and especially PC online, you get some of the **** audio from peoples **** microphones.

Cicatraz_ESP

Why do you pay for it if you don't enjoy it? Online has always been free... until Microsoft came along and started charging for it and leading everyone to believe that its worth paying for.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

yeah, and after a month they will automatically charge you regular price. You have to call xbox support for them to turn the automatic charge out. That's annoying.

mD-

Yep that's exactly why I stayed away.

Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stoner-Pimp
[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="Stoner-Pimp"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]

actually i'm a silver member. i don't like online multiplayer games. damned 12 year olds ruined it for me. actually, sony takes the "customer to the cleaners" more than ms. charging $600 for a console because they wanted to trojan horse blu-ray. gloating about having blu-ray and being the only company to provide a true hd gaming/movie experience but making the customer buy an hdmi cable because they were too cheap to give them one. charging the coster to fix a fault with the console when the fault shouldn't have been there in the first place (DRE). insulting the customer by calling them cheap and telling them to get a second job to pay for a ps3. yea but only MS takes the customer to he cleaners :roll:

No offence but your post screams of whine, also i nver actully said Sony didn't take customers to the cleaners.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

a 360 control is $50 and a ps3 control is $55. not much of a difference but the ds3 does cost more.

Ya know what for that 5 extra dollars it's worth it. I never have to replace batteries that ramp the cost of a 360 controller way up