MS: Please support the ESRAM even though we are abandoning it. . . (Scorpio white papers reveal the sad truth)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

So this means that according to Sony and Cerny the Scorpio will have a 12Tf GPU?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

4k native in every game > XBox Scorpio

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Well that's disappointing. But what else but disappointment could you expect from MS...

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

It's been 4 minutes and 13 seconds..........

You was about to blow huh LOL.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#105 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

From GAF using old whitepaper:

Scorpio over XB1

GPU = 360% increase

RAM = 50% increase

Bandwith = 370% increase (- whatever ESRAM did)

CPU = we don't know s*** about it yet

Ps4 Pro over Ps4

GPU = 130% increase

RAM = 6.5% more usable ram for games

Bandwith = 24% increase

CPU = 30% increase

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kvally

http://projectxbox.it/2017/01/24/thomas-mahler-sviluppatore-di-ori-and-the-blind-forest-definisce-project-scorpio-come-una-vera-e-propria-console-next-gen/

Increases the hype about Project Scorpio, at incredible pace thanks to recent tweet by Phil Spencer, boss of Xbox division.

Adding fuel to the fire also thought Thomas Mahler, programmer Moon Studios (Ori and the Blind Forest tell you anything?) With some valuable statements.

Mahler defines Scorpio as a real console "next gen", label that buckles to the new gaming hardware.

His statement breaks with those who believe that Scorpio may simply be an Xbox One a bit 'more enhanced; Scorpio is something that goes well, then:

"Microsoft should clarify an important point, namely that Scorpio is not to be considered as a mid-gen console, but it is something that goes much further, it is a new system."

Mahler also states that the benefits that you will have this more powerful hardware will cover all the games now available on Xbox One, precisely because of its "backward compatibility".

In other words all the games for Xbox One will also run on Scorpio, without problems and without being forced to buy new editions. One thing is already known by the reveal of Scorpio, but it is always better to confirm.

AND

Translates: "And don't be fooled by the DF trying to quote Polaris or Jaguar: Scorpio is a beast with Vega and Ryzen inside ;)"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@silversix_ said:

Well that's disappointing. But what else but disappointment could you expect from MS...

It's disappointing to hear that the "Scropio" is going to be a lot stronger than what the base Xbox One is right now LOL??

In what world and who's disappointed by this?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:
@Pedro said:
@Random_Matt said:

Anyone who thought it was going to be true 4K are thick as shit. It better not be using higher clocked jag cores, another bottleneck like the PS Pro.

True 4k? WTF is true 4K? A game is either running 4K or its not. Whether or not a game runs at 4k on the Scorpio or Pro is ENTIRELY dependent on the game.

You know what you guys have been saying about Scorpio since last year. Please don't make me go back and post links.

Care to post proof it won't be playing games in 4K? Don't tell me this topic is your proof? I think it'd be more effective if your post just contained a bunch of moooo's from you instead. You'd look more credible then.

The word you are looking for is 'native'. You did not have checkerboard rendering in your lemming vocabulary before this thread. It's okay. We're talking about 4 times the pixel density of 1080p here. There's really no shame in it. No one wanted a $599 console. We learned that last generation.

Just let the truth flow through you.

Funny thing cowgenja is you're using an outdated article with incomplete information and it says so in it. You're just being the typical cow moooing away your insecurities with the up coming Scorpio release. So sad that you'd have to stoop to this type of article when all you have to do is what a few months. I'm sure the actual specs released from MS will come out rather than this hack of an article. I know.....moooing and insecurity is in your cow nature.

I truly feel sad for you shew. I mean nobody deserves this kind of pain MS has obviously caused you. Brace yourself cause it's only going to get worse once the Scorpio is released. 6TF is far more than 4 and since you cows were all giggles because the PS4 is 500GFs higher, what is 2TFs over the PS4 pro going to do to your psyche.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

If this turns out to be true, I think it's now apparent the Cancebox Division is definitely on a budget lol

Bickle2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Bickle2
Member since 2015 • 1076 Posts

@goldenelementxl: it's an option, all the Sony fan boys are taking this to me and I can't do 4K, it means that there are many different ways of achieving their goal. Smart developers never waste power rendering 1080p assets at 4K. It's a complete waste of resources. No game is 4K no matter what the PC master race wants you to believe

Microsoft tells you you have options to spend your resources on things they actually matter, as like Sony they know most people don't sit close enough to even resolve 1080. It's guidelines and suggestions.

It's obvious that they would have thought about ESRAM calls in the OS, and that on legacy games it'll be taken care of fairly transparently. They can't break the existing library.

But should they choose to go tonthe metal on Scorpio, they're telling them what is and isn't there so they can prepare accordingly.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kvally

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

It's disappointing to hear that the "Scropio" is going to be a lot stronger than what the base Xbox One is right now LOL??

When did gamers start to become disappointed at more powerful consoles? It's crazy how they spin things into negatives. I am not speaking about silversix necessarily (he condemned the PS Pro).

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

@kvally said:

http://projectxbox.it/2017/01/24/thomas-mahler-sviluppatore-di-ori-and-the-blind-forest-definisce-project-scorpio-come-una-vera-e-propria-console-next-gen/

Increases the hype about Project Scorpio, at incredible pace thanks to recent tweet by Phil Spencer, boss of Xbox division.

Adding fuel to the fire also thought Thomas Mahler, programmer Moon Studios (Ori and the Blind Forest tell you anything?) With some valuable statements.

Mahler defines Scorpio as a real console "next gen", label that buckles to the new gaming hardware.

His statement breaks with those who believe that Scorpio may simply be an Xbox One a bit 'more enhanced; Scorpio is something that goes well, then:

"Microsoft should clarify an important point, namely that Scorpio is not to be considered as a mid-gen console, but it is something that goes much further, it is a new system."

Mahler also states that the benefits that you will have this more powerful hardware will cover all the games now available on Xbox One, precisely because of its "backward compatibility".

In other words all the games for Xbox One will also run on Scorpio, without problems and without being forced to buy new editions. One thing is already known by the reveal of Scorpio, but it is always better to confirm.

AND

Translates: "And don't be fooled by the DF trying to quote Polaris or Jaguar: Scorpio is a beast with Vega and Ryzen inside ;)"

Who's X-Rays?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@dakur said:

The Lems Have Been Owned Bz M$ (TLHBOBM$) as is typical. Not only they have no exclusive games now their multiplats are going to be dumbed down on an overpriced midrange closed PC.

Funny you say that. If the Scorpio is a overpriced midrange PC WTF does that make a PS4 or PS4 Pro. I guess that makes them a dumb down overpriced low end PC that cant play multiplats as well as Scorpio. Really starting to smell like cow shit in this thread All this rumor confirms, is the shit Microsoft has already stated the machine would be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#114  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's fine for what it is. Less powerful than what I was expecting, and so not a full generational leap ahead like I thought it would be, but for an actual upgrade over the Xbox One, it is absolutely great, and will hopefully have more tangible visual results than the PS4 Pro will.

I suppose you have the hardware now, Microsoft- time to work on getting the games. Launch the Scorpio with some cool, irresistible exclusive to make others (including me) want one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@kvally said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

When did gamers start to become disappointed at more powerful consoles? It's crazy how they spin things into negatives. I am not speaking about silversix necessarily (he condemned the PS Pro).

I'm reading in here about all this doom and gloom about how much more powerful the "Scropio" will be compared to the Xbox One LOL.

These goof balls in here are just dumb.

If you not open to an upgraded console that you already have, I get it. But to say it's disappointing is asinine.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By kvally

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvally said:

AND

Who's X-Rays?

Supposedly some Italian insider who leaked out stuff related to Scorpio before MS announced it and had got most (not all) of it right. Not sure whether to trust him or not, but he is claiming he will have current specs by the end of the week.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Lemmings SW wide laugh and mocked checkerboard.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

According to Digital Foundry, this thing is apparently going to use a checkerboard approach to 4K gaming just like the PS4 does

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kvally

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@kvally said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

I'm reading in here about all this doom and gloom about how much more powerful the "Scropio" will be compared to the Xbox One LOL.

If you not open to an upgraded console that you already have, I get it. But to say it's disappointing is asinine.

I thought graphics and performance were so important? I remember digital foundry posts here on SW just destroying the Xbox One for losing those battles. And now graphics and performance suddenly doesn't matter when the tables are turned.

Bigshotsmoov007, this right here is a BAD thing, just in case you were not aware:

Scorpio over XB1

GPU = 360% increase

RAM = 50% increase

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 silversix_

Announce and over hype a new product, ride the hype train for ~9months. Close to launch, unveil the disappointment. Yup exactly what i expected. One more year of waiting for a system using the same cpu lolol

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

I just want to see this on display this E3 showcasing some games and what it's capable of...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 kvally

Good thing MS is delivering exactly what they told us last year at E3. Day one baby!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@kvally said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@kvally said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

I thought graphics and performance were so important? I remember digital foundry posts here on SW just destroying the Xbox One for losing those battles. And now graphics and performance suddenly doesn't matter when the tables are turned.

Bigshotsmoov007, this right here is a BAD thing, just in case you were not aware:

Scorpio over XB1

GPU = 360% increase

RAM = 50% increase

I mean it is important>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When it suits them, it gives them a bullet point in their beloved console war.

Take that off the table and they'll find another one, they always do LOL.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Flyincloud1116

@kvally said:

Good thing MS is delivering exactly what they told us last year at E3. Day one baby!

So all games will be native 4k. Sure.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

@redalert539: lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By silversix_

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

Its coming out almost a whole generation after the Xbone... no shit its more powerful. No. What's disappointing is the god damn CPU. Since the release of PS4/Xbone, cpu was the problem. Four years later they decided to keep the same trash but overclock it further? This is so dumb its not even funny.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@silversix_: definitely a problemS however AMD custom Zen processors won't come until 2018

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#129 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

The games on Scorpio WILL look better the nthe PoS4Pro, that's all that cows care about anyway right? Graphics.

Face it cows, you're own games used against yourself.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#130 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17837 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Hope you guys are ready to upgrade to Scorpio, because ya'lls games on original hardware are about to suffer.

The games on XB1 are already suffering. XB1 was shit hardware when it launched and is even worse by today's standards. PS4 isn't much better either. Obviously PC is the way to go, but if people are going to stick with console, I would recommend Scorpio as it will have decent power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@silversix_ said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

Its coming out almost a whole generation after the Xbone... no shit its more powerful. No. What's disappointing is the god damn CPU. Since the release of PS4/Xbone, cpu was the problem. Four years later they decided to keep the same trash but overclock it further? This is so dumb its not even funny.

Mosty likely that's being done to keep the cost down. To upgrade everything it will cost more than the know they can charge to be competitive I guess. I have no problems with it, I have the Pro and the graphics on it looks great with the games so if the "Scorpio" can match or slightly surpass it then I will be pleased.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#132 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44614 Posts

so they're basically telling developers to do what they always intended, have the games scale between the two systems with different hardware configurations, they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do, but in cow land whatever MS does is evil layered on more evil

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@sts106mat said:

another quality thread from

Lol yep.

Just admit you want a Scorpio @Shewgenja. At least it's a proper upgrade, unlike PS4.5 "Pro".

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Flyincloud1116

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

Mosty likely that's being done to keep the cost down. To upgrade everything it will cost more than the know they can charge to be competitive I guess. I have no problems with it, I have the Pro and the graphics on it looks great with the games so if the "Scorpio" can match or slightly surpass it then I will be pleased.

I have a Pro and I don't see a huge difference. 4k does look better, but not light years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@flyincloud1116 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@silversix_ said:

I have a Pro and I don't see a huge difference. 4k does look better, but not light years.

Huge difference in comparison to what? Who said anything about a huge difference anyways, I said the graphics on there look great.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 kvally

I love that MS never said that all games will be native 4K and that they were leaving it up to the developers. Smart move.

https://gamerant.com/xbox-project-scorpio-4k-games-not-mandatory/

“Scorpio is a 6 teraflop gaming machine, which will be a great gaming machine for true 4K gaming, giving you a native 4K frame buffer so you can see games in all their beauty, or if developers want to use those 6 teraflops in other ways they’re free to do that.”

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@general_solo76: I promise you DF is wrong.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Here's me enjoying the Lems flipping out.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 kvally

^that's me finger banging that chick right now.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 silversix_

@kvally said:

the only thing you're finger banging is a poster of your Xbox One

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kvally

Sony fan finds out Scorpio is 6TF confirmed....

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 kvally

@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

Shit, I got another paper cut! It's right next to my PS Pro poster paper cut! I join the two with blood. Brothers in arms.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

LMAO /thread

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#144 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17450 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

LMAO /thread

lol, thats now how /thread works

New to the internet??

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Well this would make sense, as it would mean that MS could release the console for well under $600, which if they want to be successful with the Scorpio they must do. It would also make sense in that, if true, this is an instance of MS using "conjecture" tactics, meaning they rely on the keyword teraflop while leaving people to guess the rest for themselves, thus creating buzz around the machine, when lo and behold in the end the Scorpio turns out to be just barely more powerful than the Pro.

But aside from the above, I'm wondering what this will mean for games developed specifically to run with ESram?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Announce and over hype a new product, ride the hype train for ~9months. Close to launch, unveil the disappointment. Yup exactly what i expected. One more year of waiting for a system using the same cpu lolol

They now have to think in terms of business reality. They can already check the box that this will be much closer to full on native 4k then the poo. Have more 4k native games. For the rest cpu and shit they now have to think do we really want to bring a $500+ console to market. Do we take lost on that like the old days, freaken early ps3 shit. What if gamers ignore it like the poo and we never recover from that.

I gotta say though this is still more speculation. Its early enough for Microsoft to still configure the console. It will be a shame if the cpu configuration is the same. A 60fps vs 30fps would be more dramatic IMO.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@kvally: they are disappointed because it will shit on the pro regardless, cows are afraid of now getting the weaker console and are starting to flip flop.

Cant wait till E3.. the great cow slaugter of 2017

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 kvally

@navyguy21 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

LMAO /thread

lol, thats now how /thread works

New to the internet??

LOL! REKT!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Damn no where near the launch of scorpio and already cows are having a meltdown

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@sts106mat said:

another quality thread from

Lol yep.

Just admit you want a Scorpio @Shewgenja. At least it's a proper upgrade, unlike PS4.5 "Pro".

No thankies. I'll be building a gaming machine with actual Ryzen processing, not a rumor mill.