MS Don Mattrick: For people with no internet, stay with Xbox 360....

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
or better yet, get PS4 ....this guy is really something http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/silmon/xbox-one-e3-2013--the-xbox-one-strategy--stream-
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
PS4 will allow you into Elysium, too. You simply must atone for your sins and denounce Xbox one.
Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
wow
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
With internet get a PS4. Without internet get a PS4. Win/win situation.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

People with no internet, aren't people. 

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Microsoft is best advertising agency Sony has ever not hired.

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
Wow, he said that he fully took into account that people in the military would not be able to play the XBox One.. This dumbass need to GO
olart4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 olart4618
Member since 2010 • 478 Posts

moron

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
With internet get a PS4. Without internet get a PS4. Win/win situation. SaltyMeatballs
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Microsoft is being run by a bunch of jerks.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I love watching MS fail on so many levels after they tried this DRM, always online, anti consumer, no used game bulls***.

THank you Sony for thinking about the gamer too... not just our $$$. I will happily subscribe to PS+. Hell I've subscribed to XBLive for 8 years and received nothing for it. Getting access to games that I may have overlooked will feel nice... certainly better than being bent over the table by M$

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
2nd post but, this should be reason enough for people to completely stop defending Microsoft right now.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

That goofy looking dude just pisses me off.

"By gamer's for gamer's"

"Yes we anticipated the backlash"

"Don't have a connection get a 360, that's an offline device"

"We focused group this and did alot of research"

"People are imagining there internet not working"

:lol:

My god...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Im sick n tired of hearing this bish and his "experiences" like come up with a new word already WTF
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
He seems somewhat nervous and uncomfortable. The one-two punch by Jack Tretton & Andrew House really shook him up :lol:
drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts
Mattrick should be fired within the next 12 months.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21709 Posts

Or they could just get a ps4. Talking down to your fanbase is the absolute dumbest thing you could do.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Mattrick should be fired within the next 12 months. drakekratos
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Peter Moore was better than this joker
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts
i just cant stop thinking about Eaware and ME 3 ending related to M$ and xbox 1.
Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Esfan13
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts

He is right though from a business perspective. People who don't have internet or can't afford internet will not buy enough product to make it worth selling them a new game console. They will mainly buy used games and will not be any benefit to Microsoft or the game publishers.

Why sell to people who won't be profitable and will actually cost you money? He is being honest.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
people on the internet bitching about a console requiring internet. makes sense.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Truth_Hurts_U

people on the internet bitching about a console requiring internet. makes sense. mems_1224

You obviously don't get the point just like MS. You should go work for them.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]people on the internet bitching about a console requiring internet. makes sense. Truth_Hurts_U

There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list.
OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

So basically #dealwithit v2?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Truth_Hurts_U

There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list. mems_1224

It's about DRM... They don't need it, but they are doing it any way... Why else you think Sony pre conf was filled with cheering and clapping?

Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Esfan13

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list. Truth_Hurts_U

It's about DRM... They don't need it, but they are doing it any way... Why else you think Sony pre conf was filled with cheering and clapping?

The DRM is necessary and beneficial. It shifts profits from Gamestop to the companies that are actually creative and making new games. The only losers are Gamestop and the people who buy used games for $5 less than the new games.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Truth_Hurts_U

The DRM is necessary and beneficial. It shifts profits from Gamestop to the companies that are actually creative and making new games. The only losers are Gamestop and the people who buy used games for $5 less than the new games.

Esfan13

:lol:

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

He is right though from a business perspective. People who don't have internet or can't afford internet will not buy enough product to make it worth selling them a new game console. They will mainly buy used games and will not be any benefit to Microsoft or the game publishers.

Why sell to people who won't be profitable and will actually cost you money? He is being honest.

Esfan13
When I was living out in county we only used are phones for internet. It sucked but other than crappy satelite is was only option.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]people on the internet bitching about a console requiring internet. makes sense. mems_1224

There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list.

It's still wrong , I have a beach house where I don't bother having internet , 4g suffices my needs , i have a ps3 and a 360 there, won't be able to have an x1 there.

There's dozens of examples where that is ridiculous but yeah , out of the wrong things that isn't the first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]people on the internet bitching about a console requiring internet. makes sense. mems_1224

Its actually very high up. What happens when your internet goes down for days? You'll have a $500 brick

and yes, it happens more often than not, especially when the internet service provider is doing some kind of maintenance or w/e. And I'm pretty sure when you first conect the X1 it'll have to check out. It may not happen where you live but where I live its common.

Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Esfan13

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

RoOodriGowW

It's still wrong , I have a beach house where I don't bother having internet , 4g suffices my needs , i have a ps3 and a 360 there, won't be able to have an x1 there.

There's dozens of examples where that is ridiculous but yeah , out of the wrong things that isn't the first.

You have access to 4G, but can't tether for one minute a day to connect an XBox One? That one minute connection would allow you to play any of the games you have installed without having to worry about taking your disks with you.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

So basically #dealwithit v2?

OneLazyAsian
lol yeah pretty much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list. Esfan13

/facepalm

this needs to be said again. The ones profiting from new game sales, in most cases, are only the publishers. The devs, who actually created the games, only rarely see any bonuses because of it. This is just greedy publishers practices. But keep being blind.

They also can see some return from used games due to DLC purchases

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list. Esfan13

You have access to 4G, but can't tether for one minute a day to connect an XBox One? That one minute connection would allow you to play any of the games you have installed without having to worry about taking your disks with you.

Actually , none of those "issues" affect me , but I still find them wrong , invasive, i can turn off 4g and wifi in my smart phone without compromising its main function , doesn't seem to go that way with x1.

Still , the only thing making me get x1 is a masterpiece of a game , which only time will provide us or not.As for launch, ps4 only.Sort of a boycott.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
:lol: This guy is something else. #Dealwithit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

You're an idiot if your cant see any inconvenience in all of this. The guy just explained a logical situation where the internet connection required is an inconvenience by not being able to play it on his vacation house and you still dont see how this is wrong? :roll:

The internet isnt the same worldwide you know that? I bet you're just another spoiled american who thinks everyone in the world already has super high speed internet connection

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mems_1224

Vatusus

Its actually very high up. What happens when your internet goes down for days? You'll have a $500 brick

and yes, it happens more often than not, especially when the internet service provider is doing some kind of maintenance or w/e. And I'm pretty sure when you first conect the X1 it'll have to check out. It may not happen where you live but where I live its common.

You must have some shitty internet.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Believe it or not there are lots of people who can not get home internet other than maybe dial up or satelite. I was in the area. till I got my own house (first thing I did was order internet when I moved lol)
DH1278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DH1278
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

[QUOTE="Esfan13"]

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]It's still wrong , I have a beach house where I don't bother having internet , 4g suffices my needs , i have a ps3 and a 360 there, won't be able to have an x1 there.

Vatusus

You're an idiot if your cant see any inconvenience in all of this. The guy just explained a logical situation where the internet connection required is an inconvenience by not being able to play it on his vacation house and you still dont see how this is wrong? :roll:

The internet isnt the same worldwide you know that? I bet you're just another spoiled american who thinks everyone in the world already has super high speed internet connection

This pretty much sums up what Don Mattrick is all about. I mean, to think that MSFT wanted to reach a bigger market since the X360 didn't get into Asia all that much, I can see how such an attitude towards potential buyers might definitely help.

People without internet = Submarine dwellers according to him.

What's even more delusional, is how some fanboys think that, "well, everyone has internet now" the same way most players in xbox live react to someone speaking a language other than english and automatically assume you must speak english because "We are" in the US. Because obviously, everyone who logs into Xbox Live and other online games resides within the continental US. Right.

The same delusional logic applies to the whole thing of "I don't need used games, I have a job to pay for my games, hobby, etc." Again, because the whole point is not having enough money to pay for your hobby. Right.

Thanks Don Mattrick and your illogical and incoherent band of stupid followers, you have made my decision much easier to no longer support Microsoft until their perspective towards the world which they serve changes. Then again maybe it won't change, since we're all peasents unworthy of the MSFT kingdom.

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

^This 100%. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

What I took from that whole interview is basically Mattrick saying "trust us". Well, no. It's $760. Prove it. So far you've been anti-proving it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#42 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Wow, that is really something. Even Geoff had a reaction on that
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Vatusus

Yep. I had a 3 day outage a couple of weeks ago. I was actually playing alot more games to pass the time since my only internet was on my phone. Wouldn't have been able to do that with Xbox One. 

In my experience DSL has a 99.99% "up-time". However the DSL company I switched from had like a 24 hour total outage in this area not a long time ago as well, so even that is not totally 100% foolproof. However since I've switched to cable internet (to bump up my speeds from 5 to 30) I've noticed quite a few little "mini" outages. Most just for a minute or two, but I've had a couple of different ones that were several hours, and then that major outage that took 3 days and about 6 customer service calls for them to figure it out (and really they didn't "figure it out", we just kept sending refresh signals until my connection magically came back overnight). Not going to name the company, but it's probably the biggest cable company in US and if you search the internet for what people think of them they probably should rival EA for worst company in the world. 

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

stay classy microsoft

Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Esfan13

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="Esfan13"]

DH1278

This pretty much sums up what Don Mattrick is all about. I mean, to think that MSFT wanted to reach a bigger market since the X360 didn't get into Asia all that much, I can see how such an attitude towards potential buyers might definitely help.

People without internet = Submarine dwellers according to him.

What's even more delusional, is how some fanboys think that, "well, everyone has internet now" the same way most players in xbox live react to someone speaking a language other than english and automatically assume you must speak english because "We are" in the US. Because obviously, everyone who logs into Xbox Live and other online games resides within the continental US. Right.

The same delusional logic applies to the whole thing of "I don't need used games, I have a job to pay for my games, hobby, etc." Again, because the whole point is not having enough money to pay for your hobby. Right.

Thanks Don Mattrick and your illogical and incoherent band of stupid followers, you have made my decision much easier to no longer support Microsoft until their perspective towards the world which they serve changes. Then again maybe it won't change, since we're all peasents unworthy of the MSFT kingdom.

If you had a product to sell would you choose to sell it to people that will cost you $150 per sale or to people who will make you $300 per sale? Sony is choosing to continue losing more money for a lot of their sales. Microsoft is choosing to sell to customers who will make them money.

Sony may seem to be more popular right now, but popularity with loud people on gaming forums who cost them money is of no benefit. Sony is going to run out of buildings to sell and will end up going bankrupt.

I really get a kick out of all the anti-Kinect BS on here. You people have no idea how many boxes Microsoft is going to move selling to the soccer moms with their fitness programs and games for their kids. Just look at how many crappy Wiis were sold.

Microsoft now has a next generation Kinect that works really well along with the marketing budget to get the word out. I agree that Kinect is not very good or practical for most core games (other than some voice controls), but it wasn't designed for core games. You may think including a Kinect with every box is a bad idea, but it is going to move a ton of XBox Ones. Adding simple voice commands to regular games like "Save", "Menu", "Inventory" or "Switch weapons" will free up buttons on games so they can be used for controls that need to be faster.

I don't use the motion controls on Kinect, but I love the voice controls on my 360 when I'm watching movies or TV shows on Netflix, Amazon or HBO Go. "Xbox pause". "Xbox play". "XBox next episode". "Xbox go back". "XBox go home". "XBox settings, turn off". It already works great on the 360. I'm looking forward to the improved version on the XBox One. Once people see what it can do, it will practically sell itself.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] There are a lot of things wrong with the X1, requiring internet is way down on that list. mems_1224

You must have some shitty internet.

Comcast sucks. You can't tell me you've had perfect internet at all times. Do you know how many people probably use Comcast???

Even if you have 100 MB/s connection from them, you will still get outages at times. 

I had them 10 years ago, and finally gave up and went to DSL because of all the issues they were having (literally it got to the point where outages were almost monthly). A company I worked for had Comcast, several days during my tenure I basically got "sent home" because our entire network infrastructure was down and couldn't even login to access anything. Now 10 years later from my very first experience with them and a completely different city, I've been giving them a "2nd chance" for 3 months, and have already had a couple of outages including one that was over 72 hours...

The ultimate solution for me is to obviously just go back to my old ISP where I DID have near 100% up-time, but not everyone can do that. If you've moved around and tried different ISP's, you'd probabably find out pretty quick for yourself that not all of them are 100% up-time at all locations. Not even close. 

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts

Esfan13

yes, sounds like the microsoft motto these days.....Xbox one, built by businessman, made for big coporations, sold to you.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

1: don't have internet get 360 from 8 years ago...

2: people love what we are doing

lollolololo's

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I think Geoff was caught off guard with his statement
psymon100