MS bringing one of its acclaimed first party games to other systems! Update: Hi-Fi Rush coming to PS5??

• 90 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45586 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/an-acclaimed-xbox-game-will-go-multiplatform-this-year-its-claimed/

That’s according to the Nate the Hate podcast, a show which often breaks stories involving the games industry.

The show did not name which title is allegedly coming to competing platforms, but noted that it was “in the game of the year conversation” in the year that it was released.

“In the calendar year of 2024, Microsoft will bring one of their more acclaimed first-party games to a competitor’s system,” the show claimed.

“The title I’m referring to was met with high critical acclaim. Fans loved it and it was in the game of the year conversation in the year that it released.”

‘Nate’ added: “When the announcement comes I think it will be met with a lot of excitement because it’s a quality game.

“I think this is a smart move for Microsoft… from a business perspective, if you’re bringing select games to multiplatform, to Switch and PlayStation, you’re doing so because you see the quality of the IP and the franchise and you want to expand its reach beyond just the Xbox.”

Some fans on social media have speculated that the unnamed title could be Tango GameworksHi-Fi Rush, the action game that was shadowdropped this time last year, and which received strong critical praise.

Microsoft has dabbled in multiplatform releases in the recent past, including ports of the Ori games for Nintendo Switch, and continued support for Minecraft on PlayStation and other platforms.

It also honoured multiplatform agreements for Bethesda titles Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Double Fine’s Psychonauts 2. However, some games, most notably Starfield, were made exclusive to Xbox consoles after Microsoft acquired their developers.

Hi-Fi Rush makes sense. It would be a good fit for Playstation and Nintendo.

What do you think, SW? Do you think MS will make more of their first party games multplat?

Update:

oh snap!!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts

I can see Hi Fi Rush on Switch, not PS though

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

Which one of MS's flops will they have to bring to other platforms to boost sales? The thought's got me...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16052 Posts

Dont know if there was any highly acclaimed xbox games last year but honestly those mid releases probably will sell more than on xbox. Those games dont sell cause gamepass and seems for some reason the service not growing and xbox as console platform is just not popular so they need more avenue to sell.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70619 Posts

Great news for those who are interested.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Which one of MS's flops will they have to bring to other platforms to boost sales? The thought's got me...

By your definition, every game Sony released on PC was a flop.🤭

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8421 Posts

HiFi Rush would be a good fit for the Switch.. was a really great surprise to start the year..

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Switch getting more amazing games. Meanwhile Sony has no first party games coming and don’t see this game releasing on Sony either.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39917 Posts

Soon, they'll do the same thing with Stafield because its clear that they've lost a shitload of money on that game😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro  Online

Starfield lives on again.🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Nope. PS games aren't on PC day one and generally sell well on their own console. PC is also not a direct rival to PS. This is MS having to come in with their hat in their hand and having to admit their games sell better on other consoles... once again

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pedro  Online
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Nope. PS games aren't on PC day one and generally sell well on their own console. PC is also not a direct rival to PS. This is MS having to come in with their hat in their hand and having to admit their games sell better on other consoles... once again

Nice spin.

"Which one of MS's flops will they have to bring to other platforms to boost sales?"

Sony is bringing games to PC to...boost sales. You got owned by your own logic.🤣

If PC is not directly competing with PS then it is also not directly competing with Xbox. But we both know that is false.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3519 Posts

As I've been saying since forever. MS should release most of their games on all platforms.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44684 Posts

Interesting. 🤔

Also it’s not necessarily a game from last year as it was said that it was a game that was a game that was in the game of the year conversation for the year it was released in.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23042 Posts

@Pedro said:

Great news for those who are interested.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Beat me to it....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

Always a win for gamers when hardware locked exclusives die.... Thank you Microsoft! Equal praise for Sony doing it, though I wish they'd do more day 1 like Microsoft.. I have no hope Nintendo will operate that way.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

Acclaimed MS 1st party? Are there any?

more acclaimed first-party games

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic

@palasta said:

I believe Hi-Fi Rush was in development before MS bought Bethesda/Tango. So it was probably going to come to PS5 and Switch.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44713 Posts

Hi-Fi Rush for Switch and only Switch I presume. Microsoft's recent history has indicated a willingness to publish games on Nintendo's platform, having released both Ori & The Blind Forest and Ori & The Will Of The Wisps on the Nintendo Switch in recent years.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic

@lamprey263 said:

Hi-Fi Rush for Switch and only Switch I presume. Microsoft's recent history has indicated a willingness to publish games on Nintendo's platform, having released both Ori & The Blind Forest and Ori & The Will Of The Wisps on the Nintendo Switch in recent years.

imagine GamePass on Switch 2 😮

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8421 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@lamprey263 said:

i'm sure Microsoft would love to have their storefront on the Switch.. unfortuntely, i doubt it will ever happen (for obvious reasons)..

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I agree, it would be a good fit. I really don't see them supporting PlayStation though. I think PlayStation is TOO direct a competitor.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@lamprey263 said:

They wouldn't do that. The purpose of Nintendo, Xbox and PlayStation, is that these companies have full control over the ecosystems. MS would retain control over the contents of Gamepass, which would frustrate Nintendo and Nintendo would introduce competition on their own platform.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:
@lamprey263 said:

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1330 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: From what I understand, Microsoft is interested in doing away with having full control over an ecosystem. It seems like that would include themselves not being able to get such control either.

I wonder how that would transcend into arguments about in-game storefronts, and games that are basically front-ends to other games, such as Roblox and Fortnite, which have a unique store within them that is controlled by the parent company.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56536 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@navyguy21 said:

I agree, it would be a good fit. I really don't see them supporting PlayStation though. I think PlayStation is TOO direct a competitor.

Shame as I think Hi-Fi Rush would be a good fit for the likes of PS Portal.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1226 Posts

Confirmation that Xbox is dying. Good.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loudheadphones
@navyguy21 said:

Hifi Rush wasn't on Xbone for obvious reasons. To be on Switch it would need to be heavily downgraded.

Or is it both NSW and PS5 or just PS5.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16617 Posts

MS generosity knows no bounds, saint phil bringing some games to the poor cows who are desparate for games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59438 Posts

Make it happen.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41597 Posts

Well, whatever it is, it's starting some major port begging from Xbox fans. Not here (yet) but ranging from Metroid Dread (because that resonates with the Xbox crowd...) to even Astral Chain, Bayonetta 2 and 3 (Nintendo's funding aside, did we not forget Platinum and Xbox's relationship went down to hell after Scalebound was canned? Like seriously, that has less a chance at recovering than Nintendo towards Rockstar and Square).

Even Jez Corden is doing this crap...

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@palasta said:

I believe Hi-Fi Rush was in development before MS bought Bethesda/Tango. So it was probably going to come to PS5 and Switch.

Makes sense now. It's prbly intended to be timed exclusive, much like Ghostwire, the other game by TangoGameworks.

Hm, Microsoft isn't really "bringing" anything.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro  Online

@palasta said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@palasta said:

Makes sense now. It's prbly intended to be timed exclusive, much like Ghostwire, the other game by TangoGameworks.

Hm, Microsoft isn't really "bringing" anything.

A Microsoft-owned company isn't "bringing" anything...🤭

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

True, MS just cant seem to move consoles or games like gen leading SONY.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

@Pedro: You are correct sir this is a poo cow rumor bc PS5 is depserate for games. Small library - where is the first party just busy killing the service games - Bungie making a dumpster fire flop and boring Plus with only old games nobody cares about.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8928 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I honestly do not see it going to Playstation. MS will port it to Nintendo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39917 Posts

@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: I honestly do not see it going to Playstation. MS will port it to Nintendo.

You think we want it? Keep your shovelware that sold so poorly that MS complained internally.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro  Online

@Heil68 said:

True, MS just cant seem to move consoles or games like gen leading SONY.

Updated.😎

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 loudheadphones

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/an-acclaimed-xbox-game-will-go-multiplatform-this-year-its-claimed/

That’s according to the Nate the Hate podcast, a show which often breaks stories involving the games industry.

The show did not name which title is allegedly coming to competing platforms, but noted that it was “in the game of the year conversation” in the year that it was released.

“In the calendar year of 2024, Microsoft will bring one of their more acclaimed first-party games to a competitor’s system,” the show claimed.

“The title I’m referring to was met with high critical acclaim. Fans loved it and it was in the game of the year conversation in the year that it released.”

‘Nate’ added: “When the announcement comes I think it will be met with a lot of excitement because it’s a quality game.

“I think this is a smart move for Microsoft… from a business perspective, if you’re bringing select games to multiplatform, to Switch and PlayStation, you’re doing so because you see the quality of the IP and the franchise and you want to expand its reach beyond just the Xbox.”

Some fans on social media have speculated that the unnamed title could be Tango GameworksHi-Fi Rush, the action game that was shadowdropped this time last year, and which received strong critical praise.

Microsoft has dabbled in multiplatform releases in the recent past, including ports of the Ori games for Nintendo Switch, and continued support for Minecraft on PlayStation and other platforms.

It also honoured multiplatform agreements for Bethesda titles Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Double Fine’s Psychonauts 2. However, some games, most notably Starfield, were made exclusive to Xbox consoles after Microsoft acquired their developers.

What do you think, SW? Do you think MS will make more of their first party games multplat?

Now even more games possibly :

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/rumors-suggest-xbox-is-bringing-more-games-to-nintendo-switch-and-playstation-but-whats-the-truth

They say there's no smoke without fire. I will say that it has been suggested to me from very trusted, proven sources that Microsoft has been exploring bringing some of its back catalog to other platforms, although some of the details remain vague and unconfirmed. We've reached out to Microsoft to comment and clarify its position on this stuff.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It's another sad day for Lem's, as the Xbox franchise keeps crumbling beneath their feet. But good news is that MS will make loads of cash!

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12394 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

Well, whatever it is, it's starting some major port begging from Xbox fans. Not here (yet) but ranging from Metroid Dread (because that resonates with the Xbox crowd...) to even Astral Chain, Bayonetta 2 and 3 (Nintendo's funding aside, did we not forget Platinum and Xbox's relationship went down to hell after Scalebound was canned? Like seriously, that has less a chance at recovering than Nintendo towards Rockstar and Square).

Even Jez Corden is doing this crap...

Re: "Why not everything?" ... It's because their games don't all serve the same purposes.

Hi-Fi Rush isn't a game that's going to sell consoles or, even GamePass.

If I had to guess, one reason for this is to leverage their sole Japanese game developer and release it on Japan's most popular console. That's a really good way to strengthen and further legitimize Xbox Game Studios in Japan.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12394 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Now even more games possibly :

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/rumors-suggest-xbox-is-bringing-more-games-to-nintendo-switch-and-playstation-but-whats-the-truth

They say there's no smoke without fire. I will say that it has been suggested to me from very trusted, proven sources that Microsoft has been exploring bringing some of its back catalog to other platforms, although some of the details remain vague and unconfirmed. We've reached out to Microsoft to comment and clarify its position on this stuff.

There's no reason for them to hold off on games like Hi-Fi Rush, Banjo, Spyro etc. These games aren't going to sell mountains of copies on any given platforms and they definitely won't sell hardware or subscriptions in any significant way.

They would be way better off putting these games on other platforms and as many subscriptions as possible.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7302 Posts

I couldn't care less it's not as if they are bringing starfield and Forza Motorsport to other platforms other than Xbox and pc.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BenjaminBanklin

Jeff Grubb says Sea of Thieves is coming to Playstation... so much for "acclaimed". 🤮

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Jeff Grubb says Sea of Thieves is coming to Playstation... so much for "acclaimed". 🤮

Isn't that the game you were parading as a flop but outlasted every PS4 game.😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Nobody cares about that ugly ass GaaSer whose sole claim to fame is nice water effects. Pardon the pun, but the only thing holding that monstrosity afloat was Microsoft butthurt money. You act like it's popular like Minecraft or something. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By loudheadphones

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Stephen Totilo agrees with Jeff

What a lovely day to see a mental breakdown by Xbox peeps. Unbelievable! Also, no wonder why Xbox peeps are champions of mental breakdown. Changing rhetoric in 2 weeks. LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Nobody cares about that ugly ass GaaSer whose sole claim to fame is nice water effects. Pardon the pun, but the only thing holding that monstrosity afloat was Microsoft butthurt money. You act like it's popular like Minecraft or something. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The burn of being wrong and bringing up the game that you claim nobody cares about.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@loudheadphones said:

Stephen Totilo agrees with Jeff

What a lovely day to see a mental breakdown by Xbox peeps. Unbelievable! Also, no wonder why Xbox peeps are champions of mental breakdown. Changing rhetoric in 2 weeks. LOL

The Xbox cycle of panic is the thing I live for in console gaming. You think instead of trying to antagonize Sony fans, they'd actually try to play the video games MS is offering them. Spoiler alert, they're not actually that good. Then they're crying when these paltry titles don't affect Sony's business OR fail to gain ground for Xbox in any fashion. Or even worse, they lose an exclusive

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13128 Posts

Thank you Phil! I am so glad MS has been moving to multiplatform and Sony has been moving to multiplatform. Time for a gangsta PC and replace the PS and Xbox!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2710 Posts

Xbox needs these games to start making some money. The competition has a need in the games department. This is a win win all around.

2024 is gonna be pretty nutty