MOVE titles = FAIL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TWISTEDmetalPS3
TWISTEDmetalPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TWISTEDmetalPS3
Member since 2010 • 77 Posts
Wii --- Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, etc Xbox360 ---- Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals PS3 --- Sports Champions, Start the Party, TV SuperStars, EyePet Can anyone else notice the huge FAIL on Sony's part from a marketing standpoint? They are the only ones that do not include the name of the product in the title. Instead of TV Superstars, why not name is MOVE Superstars so that casuals know right off the bat that its a game for Move. Move Champions, Move the Party, Move Pet, etc etc... Sony has failed once again.
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

Wii --- Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, etc Xbox360 ---- Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals PS3 --- Sports Champions, Start the Party, TV SuperStars, EyePet Can anyone else notice the huge FAIL on Sony's part from a marketing standpoint? They are the only ones that do not include the name of the product in the title. Instead of TV Superstars, why not name is MOVE Superstars so that casuals know right off the bat that its a game for Move. Move Champions, Move the Party, Move Pet, etc etc... Sony has failed once again. TWISTEDmetalPS3

just putting the name of your peripheral in the title doesn't guarantee success

re: eyetoy play, eyetoy sports, etc.

besides, casual gaming is doomed on the PS3

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Casuals aren't gonna buy ps3s anyway.

TWISTEDmetalPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TWISTEDmetalPS3
Common scenario: Soccer mom goes to Walmart to buy motion control(Kinect or Move) for her son. She has no clue what games are for move, so she asks the cashier who is equally clueless. She then sees Kinect and sees a bunch of games with the name Kinect in them. She buys Kinect instead.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Killzone 3, MLB, LBP2 (I think), Heavy Rain, Socom. Has some decent core titles if you ask me.

TWISTEDmetalPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TWISTEDmetalPS3

Killzone 3, MLB, LBP2 (I think), Heavy Rain, Socom. Has some decent core titles if you ask me.

StealthMonkey4
Not the type of games that casuals play. you obviously missed the point of my post.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

TWISTEDmetalPS3

Not the type of games that casuals play. you obviously missed the point of my post.

I don't know why a casual would be so likely preferKinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, or Kinectimals etc overSports Champions, Start the Party, TV SuperStars, EyePet, etc. PSMove seems to have a library that better supports both the casuals and core.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 88mphSlayer

Common scenario: Soccer mom goes to Walmart to buy motion control(Kinect or Move) for her son. She has no clue what games are for move, so she asks the cashier who is equally clueless. She then sees Kinect and sees a bunch of games with the name Kinect in them. She buys Kinect instead.TWISTEDmetalPS3

move

dance central

they put "move" or "kinect" on the box

:roll:

some people don't think their argument all the way through...

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

TWISTEDmetalPS3

LBP is universal appeal, like Mario.

MLB could be a large hit with Baseball fans too.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

[QUOTE="TWISTEDmetalPS3"][QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

StealthMonkey4

I don't know why a casual would be so likely preferKinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, or Kinectimals etc overSports Champions, Start the Party, TV SuperStars, EyePet, etc. PSMove seems to have a library that better supports both the casuals and core.

I agree. And TC, Im pretty sure all the move compatable games will say on big letters on the front "move support" or something similar.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Common scenario: Soccer mom goes to Walmart to buy motion control(Kinect or Move) for her son. She has no clue what games are for move, so she asks the cashier who is equally clueless. She then sees Kinect and sees a bunch of games with the name Kinect in them. She buys Kinect instead.TWISTEDmetalPS3

The game case has a label on it clearly telling you its for Move.

It either says Playstation Move Required or Playstation Move Compatible.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

We should also not forget Sony already is ahead in advertising with there Coca Cola deal.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

NoobisMaxcimus
this
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
Fail, it shows it on the box.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

[QUOTE="NoobisMaxcimus"]

RTUUMM

this

This to an extent. I have a lot of friends who are casual gamers who sold their Wiis for PS3s; for Move and for being able to watch blu rays. Ok, I say a lot, its only 6 people, but when I only knew 10 people who owned a Wii anyway, thats a fair few.

TWISTEDmetalPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TWISTEDmetalPS3
Fail, it shows it on the box.bleehum
not visible enough
TWISTEDmetalPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TWISTEDmetalPS3
[QUOTE="bleehum"] Fail, it shows it on the box.TWISTEDmetalPS3
not visible enough

not visible enough. The spend millions on R&D and marketing, then only put a lil dinky move compatible sign on the cover. Not good enough.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RTUUMM

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"][QUOTE="NoobisMaxcimus"]

_Matt_

this

This to an extent. I have a lot of friends who are casual gamers who sold their Wiis for PS3s; for Move and for being able to watch blu rays. Ok, I say a lot, its only 6 people, but when I only knew 10 people who owned a Wii anyway, thats a fair few.

ok but I dont see people buying the MOVE, and I dont see anybody buying a PS3 for the MOVE. The MOVE will probably do ok in the market but in wont be a succes. Kinect will probably be a success in the market but not in gaming

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

As if anyone's going to buy Move anyways

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="TWISTEDmetalPS3"]Wii --- Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, etc Xbox360 ---- Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals PS3 --- Sports Champions, Start the Party, TV SuperStars, EyePet Can anyone else notice the huge FAIL on Sony's part from a marketing standpoint? They are the only ones that do not include the name of the product in the title. Instead of TV Superstars, why not name is MOVE Superstars so that casuals know right off the bat that its a game for Move. Move Champions, Move the Party, Move Pet, etc etc... Sony has failed once again.

Lol... Not putting the name of that POS into it's games=Fail? :lol:
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
[QUOTE="bleehum"] Fail, it shows it on the box.TWISTEDmetalPS3
not visible enough

joke, amirite? If someone isn't a moron, they'll look at the box and see it.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="TWISTEDmetalPS3"][QUOTE="bleehum"] Fail, it shows it on the box.TWISTEDmetalPS3
not visible enough

not visible enough. The spend millions on R&D and marketing, then only put a lil dinky move compatible sign on the cover. Not good enough.

They're going to be bundled together and the games would be in close vicinity to the Move controllers/eyetoy. You can tell for a lot of games just by the boxart, for others there is the logo on the top. Unless these soccer moms are complete and utter idiots, they will be able to easily find games for both Move and Kinect.

MrFamBoyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrFamBoyLOL
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts
PS3 Move & Xbox360 Kenetics is a big FAIL
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Move-only games and games that are compatible with Move have (eyesore) Move bubbles on the boxart.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StealthMonkey4

Move-only games and games that are compatible with Move have (eyesore) Move bubbles on the boxart.

*Pictures of boxart with Move*

shinrabanshou

Argument= invalid. It's completely obvious unless you're totally moronic and oblivious to all of those things on the box.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

What's the difference between "Playstation Move Features" on those games and "Playstation Move Compatible" on Killzone 3?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StealthMonkey4

What's the difference between "Playstation Move Features" on those games and "Playstation Move Compatible" on Killzone 3?

SakusEnvoy

I think "compatible" means the whole game can be fully played with the move and no need for a controller whatsoever, but you can use a controller. "Features" is that portions of the game allow you to use Move but you still need a controller. "Required" means Move is the only acceptable controller you can use.

player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="TWISTEDmetalPS3"]Common scenario: Soccer mom goes to Walmart to buy motion control(Kinect or Move) for her son. She has no clue what games are for move, so she asks the cashier who is equally clueless. She then sees Kinect and sees a bunch of games with the name Kinect in them. She buys Kinect instead.88mphSlayer

move

dance central

they put "move" or "kinect" on the box

:roll:

some people don't think their argument all the way through...

If this is the final box art I do see where Kinect is really thrown in your face. Not to mention that must titles have 'Kinect' in them. Where as Move is put in as a little mention.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RTUUMM

Arent KINECT games on purple game cases? Maybe SONY should use blue case for MOVE games

oh wait I forgot they use blue cases for blu-ray movies. then I guess they can use orange :?

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
Are you guys actually arguing about how well Sony and Microsoft are appealing to casuals after years of bashing the Wii for it's shallow casual motion games? :?
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

Am I the only one who is detecting a strong hint of sarcasm in TC's posts?

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"][QUOTE="NoobisMaxcimus"]

_Matt_

this

I think something that hurts PS3 software sales is that there is a chuck of people who bought PS3 for non gaming uses. When you're making a game for the Wii at least you know each one sold was bought to play games with. :P
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 88mphSlayer

Are you guys actually arguing about how well Sony and Microsoft are appealing to casuals after years of bashing the Wii for it's shallow casual motion games? :? Nerkcon

didn't you get the memo? casual is the new hardcore

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#34 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
they will obviously have separate sections :|
darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

[QUOTE="TWISTEDmetalPS3"]Common scenario: Soccer mom goes to Walmart to buy motion control(Kinect or Move) for her son. She has no clue what games are for move, so she asks the cashier who is equally clueless. She then sees Kinect and sees a bunch of games with the name Kinect in them. She buys Kinect instead.Dead-Memories
they will obviously have separate sections :|

Obviously. I mean when I walk into the ps3 section I only find PS3 games and accesories. Same with 360 and wii.

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

you just left out all major games supporting move in order to make the product sound bad