Motorstorm Score Prediction Thread (sticky?)

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Well...ill give it an A....no customizable vehicles will hurt abit.
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts
Low AA.. 8.3-ish would be my guess.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
AAA
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
AAApoopinloop32
C'mon :S be serious.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -KinGz-
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]AAA-KinGz-

AAA
Avatar image for Sujeto_sin_pipi
Sujeto_sin_pipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Sujeto_sin_pipi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
6.8 even though it may score higher here at GS
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
Too late- after it's been reviewed by other sites, it can't be hyped. Heck, this was tried last week too!
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Too late- after it's been reviewed by other sites, it can't be hyped. Heck, this was tried last week too!

1.only GS scores count 2.we can hype it :P
StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StephenKing_1
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts

Here come the cows with their A and AA predictions after a years worth of hyping AAA. 

If Motorstorm doesn't get 9.0+ it's a flop.  No going back now.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shadow_op
ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?lawlessx
i wasn't here so it's possible :?
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?lawlessx

No official one (by casey) was made because the game had already received an import review.

A few unofficial ones have the hype listed at AA, although very early ones have hype at AAA.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -KinGz-
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]AAApoopinloop32

AAA

Ok... opinion is, opinion stays...
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?the-very-best

No official one (by casey) was made because the game had already received an import review.

A few unofficial ones have the hype listed at AA, although very early ones have hype at AAA.

so wadda you say best? care to dare and predict? X_X
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?the-very-best

soo.. the cows saw the bad review japan gave it and said "you know what? nevermind..its an AA"....
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-very-best
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?Shadow_op

I think I predicted AA from the start...8.3/10 is my guess. It's not a title that interests me but I think it will sell really well, especially with casuals who like GT/F1 etc.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?the-very-best

I think I predicted AA from the start...8.3/10 is my guess. It's not a title that interests me but I think it will sell really well, especially with casuals who like GT/F1 etc.

ehh, not really bringin anything new to the table but looking pretty...
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the-very-best
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?lawlessx

soo.. the cows saw the bad review japan gave it and said "you know what? nevermind..its an AA"....

lol, sort of. It's kinda like the whole LP scenario. When the game was first shown AAA hype was thrown around a lot but when we heard a bit more about it the true hype for the game, AA, settled.

Similar sort of thing with Motorstorm.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the-very-best
ehh, not really bringin anything new to the table but looking pretty...Shadow_op

True, kind of like Resistance...which is probably why it will get AA (which imo is a great score anyway).
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mis3ry
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?the-very-best

lol, sort of. It's kinda like the whole LP scenario. When the game was first shown AAA hype was thrown around a lot but when we heard a bit more about it the true hype for the game, AA, settled.

That's true.. I mean, every faction hypes games AAA when they know nothing about it besides a few screenshots and the concept.. Red Steel comes to mind. Same with No More Heroes. We know jack sh** about it and alot of people are hyping it AAA just based on it's art style. Sheesh. That's why I wait until I know something about the game before hyping it.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?mis3ry

That's true.. I mean, every faction hypes games AAA when they know nothing about it besides a few screenshots and the concept.. Red Steel comes to mind.

and Resistance and Crackdown ;)
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
8.1 ............. and at least 1 million in sales in NA.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Motorstorm? I'm hyping low AA, somewhere around 8.1. From the demo I played it was fun, but not Burnout fun. Online multiplayer will really help. In the end I think it'll turn out a great game, but nothing really brilliant.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
Low AA to low AAA.
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mis3ry
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?Shadow_op

That's true.. I mean, every faction hypes games AAA when they know nothing about it besides a few screenshots and the concept.. Red Steel comes to mind.

Haha, yep.. there's a countless amount of games.. you would think people would learn to wait before spewing "OMGZ TEH AAA!!!11" out of their mouths :P
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the-very-best
That's true.. I mean, every faction hypes games AAA when they know nothing about it besides a few screenshots and the concept.. Red Steel comes to mind. Same with No More Heroes. We know jack sh** about it and alot of people are hyping it AAA just based on it's art style. Sheesh. That's why I wait until I know something about the game before hyping it.mis3ry

Yep, very true. Red Steel especially is a great example.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?mis3ry

Haha, yep.. there's a countless amount of games.. you would think people would learn to wait before spewing "OMGZ TEH AAA!!!11" out of their mouths :P

what are you talking about....hmm? Red Steel 2? AAAA!!LOLOLOMGZCHUCKNORRIS
Avatar image for Sujeto_sin_pipi
Sujeto_sin_pipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sujeto_sin_pipi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
this game is even worse than ATV fury xept for the huge ultra-realistic GFX and/y los choques que son espectaculares,,

dont even know why the cows started hyping this off-road game :|
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the-very-best
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"]Motorstorm? I'm hyping low AA, somewhere around 8.1. From the demo I played it was fun, but not Burnout fun. Online multiplayer will really help. In the end I think it'll turn out a great game, but nothing really brilliant.

Agreed, online MP will help the game significantly but without offline MP I don't think AAA is possible.

And :lol:, I just noticed the quote in your sig.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

9.1 or higher

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
8.1 ............. and at least 1 million in sales in NA.

Nike_Air
Oh that's pretty much a given. Most good and better games in the early part of a console's lifespan tend to sell very well on account of the sheer lack of games available.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Too late- after it's been reviewed by other sites, it can't be hyped. Heck, this was tried last week too!

1.only GS scores count 2.we can hype it :P

Thanks Captain Obvious- way to miss the point. GS scores are only used to claim ownage- you can't HYPE a game after it's been reviewed by other media outlets. That would defeat the purpose, "Oh, GS hasn't scored it yet but all the other sites are giving it AA status...so let's hype it and be 'surprised.'"
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?the-very-best

the hype for LP went down just when the demo released. many complained about the controls and A.I..and thought the game wasnt an AAA title so they started hyping it an AA.. motorstorm was being  massively hyped by  some cows when it was first shown and was still being hyped as the ps3's first AAA title and was the game cows just to bash the 360...so seeing cows turn tail and start hyping it AA is just funny
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
9.0...i know it wont score it, but whatever. i just find it so sad that such a simple things as quick race with splitscreen and 2 more maps woulda given it over a 9 at ign
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mis3ry
[QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="mis3ry"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]ok now im confused..i thought a hype thread was already made :?Shadow_op

what are you talking about....hmm? Red Steel 2? AAAA!!LOLOLOMGZCHUCKNORRIS

Well.. it actually does have potential, if they exucute the concept correctly :P Now, I'm not hyping it AAA right now because I know nothing else about the game except for the concept again, haha. Maybe once we see some gameplay and learn a little.. err, a lot more about the game. However, there are probably going to be (and likely already are) rabbid sheep who are going to hype it AAA just based on the concept. It's sad, really :(
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -KinGz-
this game is even worse than ATV xept for the huge ultra-realistic GFX,, i dont even know why the cows started hyping this off-road game :|Sujeto_sin_pipi
Dude ur nickname makes me laugh like crazy..., for those who don't understand it means dude without penis in spanish, hahahaahahaha, uhhmm what motorstorm? nice gfx? check, average everything else? check.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the-very-best
the hype for LP went down just when the demo released. many complained about the controls and A.I..and thought the game wasnt an AAA title so they started hyping it an AA.. motorstorm was being massively hyped by some cows when it was first shown and was still being hyped as the ps3's first AAA title and was the game cows just to bash the 360...so seeing cows turn tail and start hyping it AA is just funny
lawlessx

I think the AAA hype around Motorstorm is originating solely from its great graphics. I've read previews and I will be beyond surprised if the game manages AAA.

Also, since the PS3 hasn't gotten an AAA yet I can understand why so many people hyped it AAA.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lawlessx

Lets all hold hands and close our eyes and pretend like Motorstorm was never hyped AAA.

Spineless Cows.

StephenKing_1
that was another problem i had with some cows..they claim the game was only hyped by one or two people to be an AAA and the rest hyped it AA and some even had the nerve to say the game was ALWAYS hyped AA
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -KinGz-

9.1 or higher

AgentA-Mi6
hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts
I say it will score 7.6-8.0 on gamespot.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

[QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]AAApoopinloop32

AAA

okay poop, its gonna hurt for me to claim ownage on ya, overhyping gets people no where.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]AAARAZZY_B

AAA

okay poop, its gonna hurt for me to claim ownage on ya, overhyping gets people no where.

meh i underhype games like SPM and people bash me...I over hype this and i get blamed...i dont really care anymore
StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StephenKing_1
[QUOTE="StephenKing_1"]

Lets all hold hands and close our eyes and pretend like Motorstorm was never hyped AAA.

Spineless Cows.

lawlessx

that was another problem i had with some cows..they claim the game was only hyped by one or two people to be an AAA and the rest hyped it AA and some even had the nerve to say the game was ALWAYS hyped AA

Indeed.  It doesn't matter whether people hyped it because of the graphics, online, sexy box art, etc. 

Hype is hype. 

And if at the time they didn't know much about the game, then they were stupid for hyping it AAA, and should except ownage if it doesn't score 9+.. 

RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts
[QUOTE="RAZZY_B"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]AAApoopinloop32

AAA

meh i underhype games like SPM and people bash me...I over hype this and i get blamed...i dont really care anymore

you taken it the wrong way dude, all im saying is, i dont wanna see you get owned when it doesnt get AAA.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
high AA - low AAA. Most likely somehting in AA though but it definately has a shot at AAA. 
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
8.7 It'll be a good title.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="StephenKing_1"]

Spineless Cows.

StephenKing_1

Indeed. It doesn't matter whether people hyped it because of the graphics, online, sexy box art, etc.

Hype is hype.

And if at the time they didn't know much about the game, then they were stupid for hyping it AAA, and should except ownage if it doesn't score 9+..

We have a good system in place , true hype doesn't come in until we learn about the features of a game. It is hyped AA at this point.

StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StephenKing_1
[QUOTE="StephenKing_1"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="StephenKing_1"]

Spineless Cows.

Nike_Air

Indeed. It doesn't matter whether people hyped it because of the graphics, online, sexy box art, etc.

Hype is hype.

And if at the time they didn't know much about the game, then they were stupid for hyping it AAA, and should except ownage if it doesn't score 9+..

We have a good system in place , true hype doesn't come in until we learn about the features of a game. It is hyped AA at this point.

And what are all these features that we just recently learned about?