most graphically disappointing games ever.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 di_sgt_barber
Member since 2008 • 1082 Posts

1. Halo 3. Halo 2 pushed the Xbox. It was one of the first console games to feature 3d textures and reflections. Didn't you expect as much of an impression out of Halo 3?

2. Resistance 2. You know you've got a problem when some people, however dellusional they may be, are comparing the game's graphics to its predecessor.

3. Call of Duty: World at War. Many insist CoD4 looks better, and as far as fire effects and explosions, it really does.

4. Mercenaries 2. It's sad when the PS2 original looks better than the PS2 sequel.

5. Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. See Resistance 2.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Halo 3. I wish it looked like the announcement trailer.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
The Last Remnant The animations are so awful they're hard to watch and the characters are poorly done. I really expected better than that from a Square Enix game. Disappointing.
MerisYaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MerisYaki
Member since 2008 • 967 Posts
Yah I also say , The Last Remnant.... Wow, that is all.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
People compare R2 graphics to Resistance: Fall of Man?
di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 di_sgt_barber
Member since 2008 • 1082 Posts
People compare R2 graphics to Resistance: Fall of Man?GodofBigMacs
yes, they do. i have seen many posts saying the original actuall looked better, but i disagree. still, if you can't convince everyone that the new game looks better, theres a serious problem.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I don't think any of those games were a disappointment visually. Personally, I think for me, The Blitz The League games are visually a let down. They still look like the Xbox version of Blitz
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
The only time I've ever been dissipointed by graphics was while playing Force Unleashed for Wii, but the feeling was short lived, because I can't imagine how mundane a hack and slash it would be without the Wii-mote controls.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
Dragon Warrior 7 on the PS1.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]People compare R2 graphics to Resistance: Fall of Man?di_sgt_barber
yes, they do. i have seen many posts saying the original actuall looked better, but i disagree. still, if you can't convince everyone that the new game looks better, theres a serious problem.

The original did have better image quality and a more consistent framerate. Beyond that, everything is superior from a technological standpoint. The weapons and the weapon switching system (damn you to hell, Halo, COD) are uncreative and stifle the gameplay to a level of completeness I care not to describe, but regardless: I digress and submit that Resistance 2 should NOT be included in this list because it has an extraordinary array of things that it does BETTER than other franchises. And note well that Gears of War 2 has been endlessly and vocally compared to its predecessor, and in the same threads and all over this board, proclaimed as the "graphics king" or even superior to the original Crysis. What you just did is called a straw man, and its a fallacy, so your justification for this game's inclusion fails. Crysis Warhead is also compared to Crysis, and people still say Crysis looks better, and the worst part is they can make a case for it, with screens. Your argument is ridiculous. So concede the point.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Halo 3. I wish it looked like the announcement trailer.II-FBIsniper-II
lol that would have been amazing
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
any game on the wii?
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Gun for the 360. Case Closed. Looks terrible like a PS1 game.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"][QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]People compare R2 graphics to Resistance: Fall of Man?BobHipJames

The original did have better image quality and a more consistent framerate. Beyond that, everything is superior from a technological standpoint. The weapons and the weapon switching system (damn you to hell, Halo, COD) are uncreative and stifle the gameplay to a level of completeness I care not to describe, but regardless: I digress and submit that Resistance 2 should NOT be included in this list because it has an extraordinary array of things that it does BETTER than other franchises. And note well that Gears of War 2 has been endlessly and vocally compared to its predecessor, and in the same threads and all over this board, proclaimed as the "graphics king" or even superior to the original Crysis. What you just did is called a straw man, and its a fallacy, so your justification for this game's inclusion fails. Crysis Warhead is also compared to Crysis, and people still say Crysis looks better, and the worst part is they can make a case for it, with screens. Your argument is ridiculous. So concede the point.

I think Gears 1 waw a little sharper than the second.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts
Is this for already released games or soon to be upcoming games? If so we may need to wait a few weeks to consider this thread.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]Halo 3. I wish it looked like the announcement trailer.XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Lolwut? Didn't you hear the Bungie employees? Or the Xbox fanboys? It looks just like it, it was totally in-engine, and they PROVED it. Bungie even said, "our engine CAN do what we say it can do!" I'm so sick of you doubting Thomases! Put it in photo mode, it looks just like it! Actually, if you use photoshop a bit, and kind of doctor....brighten the lighting, add shading, contrast....hm, maybe improve the texture resolution... Um, I mean...!!! ughhaaa!
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BobHipJames

[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"] yes, they do. i have seen many posts saying the original actuall looked better, but i disagree. still, if you can't convince everyone that the new game looks better, theres a serious problem.Legendaryscmt

I think Gears 1 waw a little sharper than the second.

I rest my case.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

Gun for the 360. Case Closed. Looks terrible like a PS1 game.  CleanPlayer

i still play this game on my 360, it doesnt look that bad to me:?

Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
Gun for the 360. Case Closed. Looks terrible like a PS1 game.  CleanPlayer
I heard it was a straight port of ps2 or something. But man, that's terrible. I know gameplay > graphics but the ugliness as a 360 games makes me never want to touch it.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Resistance: FoM

Halo 3

Resistance 2

All look good, but could've been better.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]Gun for the 360. Case Closed. Looks terrible like a PS1 game.ps3_owns_360Wii

Ditto. It looks like an an Xbox game in 720p, not a PS1 game, though.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"][QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]Halo 3. I wish it looked like the announcement trailer.BobHipJames

Lolwut? Didn't you hear the Bungie employees? Or the Xbox fanboys? It looks just like it, it was totally in-engine, and they PROVED it. Bungie even said, "our engine CAN do what we say it can do!" I'm so sick of you doubting Thomases! Put it in photo mode, it looks just like it! Actually, if you use photoshop a bit, and kind of doctor....brighten the lighting, add shading, contrast....hm, maybe improve the texture resolution... Um, I mean...!!! ughhaaa!

It was in-engine, except sacrifices had to be made.
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Easily RED STEEL and i dont think no body can deny it. The first screen shot of a wii game and it looked comparable to 360 games. Those screens gave the sheep alot of hope in the wii's graphical potential considering it looked that good and was a launch game. Does anyone stil have the magazine screens from when red steel was announced?

What annoyed me was right up to the launch week, ubisoft still continued to post bull shots and with the countless reports that the game had been upgraded it was probably one of the biggest shockers. Damn im still not even over it.

Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]Gun for the 360. Case Closed. Looks terrible like a PS1 game.BioShockOwnz

Ditto. It looks like an an Xbox game in 720p, not a PS1 game, though.

it looks better than a xbox game to me

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
R2 is pretty damn ugly
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts
Halo 3 I would say was better damn dissapointing with the graphics. While the game had great lighting effects and some great looking maps like Cold Storage, and managed to put more detail into the enviorments, Bungie just used to many low-res textures, and gave the game too little antitropic filtering, and AA. Some of the faces looked like dog poop aswell. Its not that the Halo 3 engine is bad, its a pretty damn awesome engine, but I think Bungie could have made Halo 3 look better if they didn't have that September 25 deadline Microsoft was pushing for they could have spent more time on the visuals. I do hope they fix some of the problems I mentioned for Halo 3: ODST though. Actually now that I think about it, Halo as a game looks better when things are less detailed (Cold Storage) than when they try to be (Foundry). Still amazing game though.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"][QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]People compare R2 graphics to Resistance: Fall of Man?BobHipJames

Congrats. Great post, and you busted the TC there.TC, if that reason is enough to include a game, your list should be really extent.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#28 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
For me? Battlefield 2142. It's just a BF2 mod, that's all.
Phantom_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phantom_J
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
I think Tekken 6 looks fairly dissappointing now. And Halo 3 looked great at times, but at other times it only looked okay.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
R2 is pretty damn uglyTheOwnerOner
You probably haven't played many games at all this gen, have you?
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
MGS4's level's just looked ugly IMO.
I1yodsyo1I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 I1yodsyo1I
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
MGS4's level's just looked ugly IMO.Gh0st_Of_0nyx
You obviously never played a PS3, have you?
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts

1. Halo 3. Halo 2 pushed the Xbox. It was one of the first console games to feature 3d textures and reflections. Didn't you expect as much of an impression out of Halo 3?

2. Resistance 2. You know you've got a problem when some people, however dellusional they may be, are comparing the game's graphics to its predecessor.

3. Call of Duty: World at War. Many insist CoD4 looks better, and as far as fire effects and explosions, it really does.

4. Mercenaries 2. It's sad when the PS2 original looks better than the PS2 sequel.

di_sgt_barber
cod waw looks better then cod4 in HD, at my firnnds house, with a nonhd set, it looks alittle worse in other words, dont judge graphics unless u own a hdtv
thepoop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thepoop7
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
All pro football on a standard TV
charlie117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 charlie117
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

Probably Far Cry on the wii.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Probably Far Cry on the wii.

charlie117

We have a winner, Far Cry Wii was a N64 game put on a disc with motion controls chucked on, nothing more nothing less. Only thing was it was 10 years late to the party. Otherwise the only other game that disappointed me graphically was Red Steel, I still have a mag with about 4 screenshots of it and thrust me it didn't look to far behind the 360 from those screens. But when I brought it and first booted up the disc and realised it only look like an above average PS2 game I was so dissapointed. Very dull and bland as well as not really a technical powerhouse as well, only the Japanese levels looked good imo everything was average.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"] lol that would have been amazing

It was in-engine, except sacrifices had to be made.

Oh, you mean when you had to take "real world" and "real time" into consideration? Give me a friggin' break.
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts
Halo 3 by far. When Halo: CE came out, it was one of the best looking games on any platform. Halo 2 pushed the Xbox as far as it could go. Halo 3 just looked like Halo 2 in HD. It should of (and could of) looked like the trailer.
bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bearbones
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts
I haven't played it, but it was dissapointing to see Nintendo drop the cel-shading for Twilight Princess after it worked so well in Wind Waker.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
I think Halo 3 has very good graphics, especially on a HDTV. It's a multiplayer game with tons of explosions and stuff, and it never goes slow (compared to COD 5, when artillery strikes). Nice textures, draw distance, physics etc. I honestly think people are under-appreciating its graphics.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Saint's Row 2 on the PC is a recent one. Its graphics are POO POO.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Actually... I agree with Halo 3s visuals. They were very underwhelming, as far as the singleplayer visuals go...... So incosistant. Art style included

At least the MP visuals are far more consistant; much more so

Forza 2s visuals were pretty underwhelming... There is simply nothing that jumps out at me, even if its easily digestable....

Far Cry 2s were not as nice as I expected.... people were comparing the game to Crysis... hell no.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Halo 3 and Far Cry 2. I hate Far Cry 2's lighting and foliage.
Faber_Fighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Faber_Fighter
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
Sims 3. Just look at the pictures, i know they aren't focusing on graphics at all but seriously? It looks worse than Sims 2... they could atleast find the effort to give it a small boost.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
yep halo3 was a letdown..
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"]

resistance 2 is the most ugly game ive ever seen.
Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
This gen: Halo 3, Resitance & Restance 2. Some elements were nice in those games, like the scarab fights in Halo 3, and the San fran skyline in Res 2. But overall these three games, brought nothing new in terms of graphics, and were overall pretty dull. Halo 3 is probably the most overrated game.... ever. Atleast for singleplayer gamers like me.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Lands of Lore 2. it started as pre-rendered game, midway though productions they switched it to full 3D, but they hardly showed it, most media from the game was from the cut-scenes and the few remaining pre-rendered locations. When Westwood was showing the 3D screens they were choosing them very carefuly, always from far away perspective so they looked good. So when I finally played the game and saw that everything was made out of low-res sprites I was hugely dissapointed. It was supposed to be the prettiest game of 1997. It got better later on, but overall the dissapoitment was monstrous

THe other one...Death Gate, the demo was in 640x, while the real game was in 320x

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

From this gen, Resistance, Halo 3 and Saints Row 2 in my opinion.

For a super duper hyped game that was supposed to reveal the PS3's true power, I didn't think Resistance looked good at all. I mean, it looks fine, it just never ever wowed me. Maybe it wasn't supposed to reveal the PS3's TRUE power, since of course it was a launch title, meaning games will look better in the future, but I just didn't see how this game was supposed to make the PS3 seem more superior to any other console (because that's what this gen is all about, it seems).

Halo 3... well, we all know. It simply just wasn't too impressive in many people's eyes.

Sand box games are becoming more and more popular these days but man, Saints Row 2 looks so mediocre.

fragile_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fragile_soul
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

Wii - Red Steel,Far Cry

Xbox 360 - Gun, The Outfit

Ps3 - Resistance 2