Most Emotionally Charged Moment in gaming evar is in Half Life 2...a PC game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rumtumtugger
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts

That's right. Not even the ending or sniper battle in MGS3 can hold a candle to this one. Anything in Mass Effect or Final Fantasy, even in Final Fantasy 7, INCLUDING Crisis Core, Cerebus and Advent Children come close to this. The entire emotional content in Gears 2 put to together is a mere 5-year-old's tantrum compared to this incredible moment. Are you ready for it? Here it is:

At the start of the first Half Life 2, shortly after you exit the train station, a CP knocks a can onto the floor and orders you to pick it up. 

Immediantly fury and righteous rage will course through you like you had just been connected to a live wire. Who is this ex-human who dares to order the prophet of humanity to pick up a can? With great justice you will pick the can and hurl it at his face, only to be beaten to near death. However, as you bleed to death on the ground, your defiance will roar only stronger, and your hate at the enemy will truly soar. 

I defy you to find a more emotionally charged moment than this. 

5th_element

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 5th_element
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts

That's right. Not even the ending or sniper battle in MGS3 can hold a candle to this one. Anything in Mass Effect or Final Fantasy, even in Final Fantasy 7, INCLUDING Crisis Core, Cerebus and Advent Children come close to this. The entire emotional content in Gears 2 put to together is a mere 5-year-old's tantrum compared to this incredible moment. Are you ready for it? Here it is:

At the start of the first Half Life 2, shortly after you exit the train station, a CP knocks a can onto the floor and orders you to pick it up.

Immediantly fury and righteous rage will course through you like you had just been connected to a live wire. Who is this ex-human who dares to order the prophet of humanity to pick up a can? With great justice you will pick the can and hurl it at his face, only to be beaten to near death. However, as you bleed to death on the ground, your defiance will roar only stronger, and your hate at the enemy will truly soar.

rumtumtugger

Go play MGS4!!

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
I can name some :) Even the ones from Valve spoilers for Episode2 [spoiler] When Hunter impales Alyx, that was the first time during the game when I got furious at videogame character. Valve managed to create such amazing connection between player and Alyx that this scene was just mindblowing. [/spoiler]
rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rumtumtugger

I can name some :) Even the ones from Valve

spoilers for Episode2

AdrianWerner

Hast thou heard of "Joke Thread"?

I posted this on /b/ by the way. 

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

SPOILER for Episode2

AdrianWerner

Agreed....I was Like '' just keep breathing my multinational companion!! help is on the way!!" Then when the Vorts did that X ray thing to her....I felt dirty for watching..:P

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

You haven't gotten very far into HL2 yet have you lol?

To me it was playing ball with dog, or dog coming to save you and he goes balls out and takes on that warship that carries him off, I was like come back dog, just let gooooo!!! Also the best moment was getting to use the antlions to rip those soldiers apart, they were mere pets for me when earlier they were the monsters that made me scared to even walk on the sand at the beach :)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

spoilers for Episode2

When Hunter impales Alyx, that was the first time during the game when I got furious at videogame character. Valve managed to create such amazing connection between player and Alyx that this scene was just mindblowing.

rumtumtugger

Hast thou heard of "Joke Thread"?

I posted this on /b/ by the way. 

People on SW are now getting emotional over Gears2's plot, so it's getting pretty hard to tell who is joking and who's not:D 

fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
Lol, I realise this is a joke thread, but did anyone else, first time through, pick up the can and toss it at the CP and then run around giggling like a school girl? :P >_>
rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rumtumtugger

Lol, I realise this is a joke thread, but did anyone else, first time through, pick up the can and toss it at the CP and then run around giggling like a school girl? :P >_>fkholmes

That's what I did. :D

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Half Life 2 = Boring
rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rumtumtugger

Half Life 2 = BoringToriko42

Nice opinion you have. I see WoW is much more interesting.

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
Oh yeah, I cried...
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Half Life 2 = BoringToriko42
Gears X WoW = Most boring combination ever.

Aren't opinions PHUN?

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
IMO only LAN gaming can provide emotionally charged moments. Beating hermits in CS, UT and DotA can be very very satisfying.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

[QUOTE="fkholmes"]Lol, I realise this is a joke thread, but did anyone else, first time through, pick up the can and toss it at the CP and then run around giggling like a school girl? :P >_>rumtumtugger

That's what I did. :D

Make that thrice. :lol:
rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rumtumtugger
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
half life 2 isn't just a PC game anymore so why put that in the title?
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Half Life 2 = Boringrumtumtugger

Nice opinion you have. I see WoW is much more interesting.

lmao! guess that guy wont be posting in this thread again.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Half Life 2 = Boringskrat_01

Aren't opinions PHUN?

...i think it sounds kind of fun :P
Avatar image for soiheardyoulike
soiheardyoulike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soiheardyoulike
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
It chokes me up everytime I think of it, bawwwwww
ken8659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 ken8659
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

rumtumtugger

tit

ken8659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 ken8659
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

rumtumtugger

tit

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#24 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Half Life 2 = Boringskrat_01

Aren't opinions PHUN?

World of Warcraft is the best game ever made and Gears of War 2 is 10x more fun then Half Life 2 and it has a better story
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Half Life 2 = BoringToriko42

Aren't opinions PHUN?

World of Warcraft is the best game ever made and Gears of War 2 is 10x more fun then Half Life 2 and it has a better story

Dude, we all know that the combat in Peggle is way better than GeoW 2, World of WarCraft, and Half-Life 2 put together. Plus, it has a real tearjerking story.

[spoiler] Why, purple brick, why?! I thought you were my friend :cry: ! [/spoiler]  

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Oh really? I thought the ending to MGS4 was very powerful, the ending to Mass Effect made me thirsty and hungry for more, and the ending to Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts made me really sad. I might check out Half Life 2 if it's that emotionally charged.