More people should play Vanquish...

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

In short it's an amazing game. Sure the story sucks and it is short, but the gameplay is just fluid and unlike everything that's ever comne before. I loved the game so much I even decided to go for the platinum trophy and beat Challenge 6.

I don't understand why more people aren't playing it. It's got everything and more you could want from a shooter....what's stopping you?

Just about everyone who has played it will agree with me. :D

v

Thoughts?

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I tried the demo and just didn't care for it, can't quite figure out why, I just didn't.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

The game was pretty good. The only thing keeping it that way was the gameplay. It's nice to get a whole package, but still, it was refreshing.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Make me :twisted:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

I agree.

Platinum Games are great.Madworld was meh,but Bayonetta and Vanquish are boss.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
Found it incredibly meh.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadowsDemon

I agree.

Platinum Games are great.Madworld was meh,but Bayonetta and Vanquish are boss.

freedomfreak

I couldn't agree more. :)

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
I agree. Recently got it, and it's really awesome.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

Best thing put out by Platinum Games in my opinion. Then again, I've only tried Bayonetta once, and I was only able to get maybe ten minutes in on my friend's play-through.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts

The game was fun, but not all that great to me. It's a really short and shallow experience where the gameplay is good, but could have been much more. The shooting on it's own was underwhelming and the sliding, as interesting as it was, is the only real use of your jet shoes, even though the cutscenes clearly show all the much better things they could have done like vertical mobility. And of course everything outside the gameplay felt mediocre.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I don't understand why more people aren't playing it. It's got everything and more you could want from a shooter....what's stopping you?

Thoughts?

ShadowsDemon

There is a demo. That's the reason more people didn't play it.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts

I can see why those with no taste wouldn't, because it's all about awesome gameplay, replayability, no mp, and doesn't give a crap about story fluff a.k.a my kind of game.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

Game is a piece of $Hit. Plain and simple. Just a big pile of ass. And if you don't believe I have I have played it give me your XBL gamertag and I will show you.This is how it works. Certain game companies (Mainly Japanese) bring out all of these titles and gamers convince themselves the games are good after they bought them. Funny thing, they only buy them because they think it makes them look hardcore or a little more dignified and respected in the gamer community.

Vanquish, Godhand, Yakuza, Tim Shaffer, Sonic, Treasure. All crap.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Make me :twisted:

AdobeArtist
BETTER THAN MASS EFFECT. True story.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak

And if you don't believe I have I have played it give me your XBL gamertag and I will show you.

WarTornRuston

Post your gamertag.

You have 1 hour to do so.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

I agree. Platinum Games are great.Madworld was meh,but Bayonetta and Vanquish are boss.

I actually liked MadWorld.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

I agree. Platinum Games are great.Madworld was meh,but Bayonetta and Vanquish are boss.

funsohng

I actually liked MadWorld.

The executions were fun to mess around with but I thought it got kinda repetitive.Great credits though.

Platinum Games always have great credits.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

nah

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Played the demo,didn't like it.
sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

You are soooo wrong. What the hell are you talking about? I just bought Vanquish last weekend. ;)

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

What if I don't have a console?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts
people should be able to pick it up for $20 or less these days, damn fine bargain if you ask me and if people like Vanquish they should try Binary Domain as well, and vice versa
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Best shooter this gen, also the most polished game ive played, so smooth and responsive.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Nah, there are much better games out there that balanced fluid gameplay, unique style, story and didn't take you just 4 hours to beat. Deux Ex is one I can name off the top of my head.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Vanquish is a great game. It's the best third person shooter I've played this generation. Move over Gears of War and Uncharted, Vanquish is king.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#26 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Been saying this since day 1. Unfortunately most people prefer their inferior TPS (Uncharted, Gears) and their infinitely subpar and archaic gameplay. Vanquish crushes all. This is fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

For some reason I just can't enjoy a game by platinum games, I don't know I just find them all flash no substance

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_ShakeXXX

It is a firm belief of mine that people who rag on Vanquish simply didn't play it the way it was meant to be played. If they just slowly made their way from gunfight to gunfight, spending most of their time ducking behind a piece of cover and popping up to shoot once in a while (ala Gears of War), then they're not getting the experience they were meant to. Vanquish is all about running INTO the fight and kicking ass in the most stylish, fast paced, and over-the-top ways possible. If you spend most of your time hiding behind objects as opposed to mixing it up in the fray you might as well not even be playing Vanquish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kC8HIMh-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je1J4TxldPY&feature=related

^ That's how Vanquish is meant to be played. Pure balls to the wall badassery.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I feel like this is one of those rare overrated-underrated games. Was it good? Yes, it was good. Was it that good? No.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

neue regel is my gamertag. Send me a friend invite.

I have nothing against Platnium Games. I thought Bayonetta was the best hack n slash I have ever played. I liked them when they were Clover as well even though I did not like all of the releases. I thought Shadows of the Damned was great and Mikani was part of that.

But Vanquish is generic. It looked generic, the envionments got boring really quick with all of the silver and gray, the boss fights sucked (I hate the Lost Planet shoot the Orange crap), the character was lame and I wonder when these Japanese companies are gonna learn that smoking is not cool by any means. It was just lame. It actually reminds me of a coin-op with the cheesy voice acting, music, title screen, and each level ending with point totals. I assume that is what it was. I paid no attention to it.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I totally agree.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#32 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

It's the most fun shooter of this gen. So yeah, more people should play it. I went through it four times before I even attempted another game. That's how amazing the core gameplay is.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
I will wait until one is improved. Everytime an Easter dev makes or publishes a shooter and it isn't bad they keep being "Must-Plays" and some how are magically good enough to be better than a lot of the bigger names.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Might be the best game ever but It's not my type of game. I thought it would be cool and then played the demo and didn't like it at all

AvnKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AvnKnight
Member since 2006 • 840 Posts

Is this 10$ yet? In short I played the demo and it didnt have the WoW factor so I had no plans on ever getting it until it was 5-10$.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
Totally agree. Amazing game...but arrrggggg. Challenge 6 for platinum! it's all I need!
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Much better than trashy cheesy Bayonetta.

That game was an eyesore.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I got it and loved it. I also really liked Bayonetta, Platinum Games knows how to make games. Story lacks though, lol. As usual in Japan.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Gameplay wise it's the best third person shooter. Could have hugely benefited from a co-op multiplayer mode or maybe even if a versus if they could somehow balance that.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Vanquish is easily the best third person shooter of the generation. The only thing that comes close is Binary Domain, which is another game that more people should buy.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 savebattery

Been saying this since day 1. Unfortunately most people prefer their inferior TPS (Uncharted, Gears) and their infinitely subpar and archaic gameplay. Vanquish crushes all. This is fact.

Master_ShakeXXX
I never understand why people keep calling Uncharted a third person shooter. I mean, there are guns in the game but they're hardly the defining mechanic. There is platforming, exploration, QTEs, etc. If anything Uncharted is pretty much the definition of an action-adventure game. Certainly not part of the same genre as Vanquish or Gears; more along the lines of a Tomb Raider or a (much smaller in scale) Just Cause 2.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

It is a firm belief of mine that people who rag on Vanquish simply didn't play it the way it was meant to be played. If they just slowly made their way from gunfight to gunfight, spending most of their time ducking behind a piece of cover and popping up to shoot once in a while (ala Gears of War), then they're not getting the experience they were meant to. Vanquish is all about running INTO the fight and kicking ass in the most stylish, fast paced, and over-the-top ways possible. If you spend most of your time hiding behind objects as opposed to mixing it up in the fray you might as well not even be playing Vanquish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kC8HIMh-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je1J4TxldPY&feature=related

^ That's how Vanquish is meant to be played. Pure balls to the wall badassery.

Truer words have never been spoken. :P
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShadowsDemon
Totally agree. Amazing game...but arrrggggg. Challenge 6 for platinum! it's all I need!TomatoDragonPSN
That's an extremely tough trophy. What some tips? :)
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Played it, waste of $19.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

The game was good, and yeah the mechanics spank any third person shooter. But the stuff around that game is ultimately underwhelming. The boss fights get repeated to the point of being boring(agis core stuff was lame, the dual robot thing was fun), any time the game tries to be varied and mixes it up is met with iffy results(ala the sniping lights stuff), and in general the main game is very mono tone.

Also the lack of upgrades to his suit was a bit underwhelming. The fact that it takes all the way till the end for a significant upgrade is a buzzkill especially with a no new game plus. I hear the challenge stuff was fun, but eh the single player didn't leave me impressed. I would love a sequel that fleshes the game out more though, and really gets crazy with the rest of the game design.

While I prefer Bayonetta way more for my platinum games fix. I do not think that game needs a sequel, because it's excellent as is. Vanquish on the other hand NEEDS a sequel in my mind, because the first game settled for good enough, and never reached greatness. It's a one and done.

inb4 shake's post of hoetry, bullsh1t, and words dedicated to how he wrong he is

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Master_ShakeXXX

The game was good, and yeah the mechanics spank any third person shooter. But the stuff around that game is ultimately underwhelming. The boss fights get repeated to the point of being boring(agis core stuff was lame, the dual robot thing was fun), any time the game tries to be varied and mixes it up is met with iffy results(ala the sniping lights stuff), and in general the main game is very mono tone.

Also the lack of upgrades to his suit was a bit underwhelming. The fact that it takes all the way till the end for a significant upgrade is a buzzkill especially with a no new game plus. I hear the challenge stuff was fun, but eh the single player didn't leave me impressed. I would love a sequel that fleshes the game out more though, and really gets crazy with the rest of the game design.

While I prefer Bayonetta way more for my platinum games fix. I do not think that game needs a sequel, because it's excellent as is. Vanquish on the other hand NEEDS a sequel in my mind, because the first game settled for good enough, and never reached greatness. It's a one and done.

inb4 shake's post of hoetry, bullsh1t, and words dedicated to how he wrong he is

jg4xchamp

I've already made my case, and laid to rest any doubt about Vanquish being the best shooter of the gen. But it doesn't need me to prove such things. It's just that ****ing amazing that it speaks for it's self.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
[QUOTE="TomatoDragonPSN"]Totally agree. Amazing game...but arrrggggg. Challenge 6 for platinum! it's all I need!ShadowsDemon
That's an extremely tough trophy. What some tips? :)

Most definitely :)
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

It's like a JRPG developer making a shooter. Just no!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I desperately wish there was more to it, and greater variety in level design. It was utterly fantastic... but felt like a long tech demo.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 savebattery
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I desperately wish there was more to it, and greater variety in level design. It was utterly fantastic... but felt like a long tech demo.

->long tech demo ->Assassin's Creed signature If any series in history has been a long tech demo, it's AC.