More Evidence That Alan Wake is coming to E3!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millwrought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 millwrought
Member since 2008 • 2032 Posts

Brightfalls.net, anAlan Wakefan news site officially sanctioned (and hosted) by developer Remedy, has been out of commission for all of 2009. The site has just popped back up, leading one conspiracy-mindedAlan Wakeforum poster, "shorty," to conjecture that the site is back up in anticipation of someAlan Wakenews. Specifically, "thatAlan Wakewill be shown at E3 on Monday!"

The theories of one guy on a forum may not be enough to base a rumor on, but thefollowingpost makes us think something really may be happening. Remedy staffer and forum administrator JoukoRMD responded to that post with "Well, maybe (brightfalls.net site lead) ADM has that feeling too, and thus brought back brightfalls.net," ending with a ;) emoticon. Does that wink signify somesecret knowledge? We suppose we'll find out Monday.Joystiq

Joystiq Article

Bright Falls Website

Remedy Staff Forum Post

W00T :D

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
I've lost all hype for it. Lets see if I get hyped again :P
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

I dont know why people are surprised Alan Wake is going to be at E3...its only been MIA for 2 years and if it didnt show this year would probably be deemed vaporware.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I dont know why people are surprised Alan Wake is going to be at E3...its only been MIA for 2 years and if it didnt show this year would probably be deemed vaporware.

Uptown
Pretty much. I think at this point in time regardless if it's a late 09 or mind 2010 release date. They just need to give it one at this point.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The game was already confirmed for E3 by looking at the E3 showfloor map in one of those links.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

ADM, the guy who runs brightfalls.net, is good friends with a number of Remedy staff members. He knows what is going on. They will be at E3.

AdoringFan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdoringFan_
Member since 2009 • 1890 Posts

It's confirmed already along with Forza 3.

bstarter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 bstarter29
Member since 2006 • 2339 Posts
Not just that, the site was modified from alanwake.com/forum, to forum.alanwake.com to simplify administration tasks. AW.com is by no means a tiny site, but I've been a member for quite some time, and we never get out of hand, so overseeing the forum isn't like moderating GameSpot's forums. Unless, they want to simplify it because they're anticipating heavy traffic. Hmmm... Oh, also take a look at this. Brightfalls.com, not .net, has been sitting still for 8 months now since it went up in October. It was modified on May 28th. http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.php?p=40152&postcount=7 Tomorrow everyone. Tomorrow.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I think the real question is who doesn't expect it to be shown at E3?

Personally, I don't get the hype for the game. Then again, I haven't seen much of it other then the "Silent Hill-ish" vids.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mitu123

Personally, I don't get the hype for the game. Then again, I haven't seen much of it other then the "Silent Hill-ish" vids.

FragTycoon
All you need to know that it's by an AAA dev, and I played their games, and trust me, THEY ROCK.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

I have proof, we havent seen it in 4 years and they need to show it some time.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

mitu123
All you need to know that it's by an AAA dev, and I played their games, and trust me, THEY ROCK.

It's a shame their not deving max payne 3
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 horrowhip

http://twitter.com/pelaaja

Just to translate one of the posts:

Heathrow'n kentällä, odotellaan L.A:n konetta. Törmäsimme Remedyyn lentokentällä..mihinköhän pojat on menossa?

Pelaaja

"We're at the Heathrow Airport, waiting for the plane to L.A. We encountered Remedy at the airport. Wonder where the guys are heading?"

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

It's weird- I hear about this game all the time, yet have no idea of what it's really about. My understanding is that they're calling it "psychological horror" and it's sort of open-world. I have no idea if that's right. Hopefully by the time this one hits, Windows 7 will be out so I have a chance to play it if it's as good as everyone thinks it'll be.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

Animal-Mother

Yeah, it's by an AA dev, I think. I hope it turns out well but it probably won't be better than Max Payne 2, the best in the series IMO.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="mitu123"] All you need to know that it's by an AAA dev, and I played their games, and trust me, THEY ROCK.mitu123

Yeah, it's by an AA dev, I think. I hope it turns out well but it probably won't be better than Max Payne 2, the best in the series IMO.

Max Payne 2 was so epic, the noir was just so in your face. I hope Awake has some sort of noir crime, thriller thing goin on.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 horrowhip

It's weird- I hear about this game all the time, yet have no idea of what it's really about. My understanding is that they're calling it "psychological horror" and it's sort of open-world. I have no idea if that's right. Hopefully by the time this one hits, Windows 7 will be out so I have a chance to play it if it's as good as everyone thinks it'll be.

LongZhiZi

Psychological Action Thriller.

And it is open world.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Wake me up when it's released.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mitu123
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] It's a shame their not deving max payne 3

Max Payne 2 was so epic, the noir was just so in your face. I hope Awake has some sort of noir crime, thriller thing goin on.

That would be instant win for me.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Yeah, it's by an AA dev, I think. I hope it turns out well but it probably won't be better than Max Payne 2, the best in the series IMO.mitu123

That would be instant win for me.

So Insta win .
bstarter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 bstarter29
Member since 2006 • 2339 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] It's a shame their not deving max payne 3Animal-Mother

I don't. I like Alan's concept now. Making like Max Payne would ruin it's uniquness. You did say thriller though, and that's what AW is going to be. Sam Lake said that story does get very scary, and some people who "claim" they've seen it recently describe it as "****-pants scary." I'm think Alan could bring scary back to video games and change gameplay in horror games the way Max Payne did in action games.
mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
I'm sure something will be showed, and I'm sure the game will be great. I'm just a little worried about the PC version with MS involved.