Microsoft shutting down Xbox Entertainment Studios.

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I'm a bit surprised, but so long as Halo is still on the way if their focus and money will be put towards the gaming side of things then its a smart move. Can't miss shows that never aired, lol. The refocus is on, and nice to get the commitment from the CEO behind Xbox One yet again. Leave the TV content to Netflix/Hulo/Amazon and focus on games and apps/features. And I still got my NFL fantasy football app :) Still getting my Halo series. This refocus is smart and reflects the changes alot of people want. No shame in altering course to fix a problems. Only shame in being so stubborn problems continue until you have no hope at all to fix it. Kudos MS.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@RossRichard said:

It only took them a year to realize "TV TELEVISION TV TELEVISION SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS!!!!!" was a really bad idea for a gaming console. Better late than never. Makes me wonder what will happen if XBox keeps losing to PS4 and Wii U.

The same thing that happened to the PS3 which was losing to the Xbox 360 and Wii all last generation.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By shawn30
@StormyJoe said:

Further reading:

Microsoft has contacted us to confirm that Halo: Nightfall will continue production. You'll find the official statement below. "... Nancy Tellem, Jordan Levin and some of the XES team will stay on and remain committed to original programming already in production like the upcoming documentary series 'Signal to Noise' whose first installment takes on the rise and fall of gaming icon Atari and of course, the upcoming game franchise series 'Halo: Nightfall,' and the 'Halo' Television Series which will continue as planned with 343 Industries. Xbox will continue to support and deliver interactive sports content like 'NFL on Xbox,' and we will continue to enhance our entertainment offering on console by innovating the TV experience through the monthly console updates. Additionally, our app partnerships with world-class content providers bringing entertainment, sports and TV content to Xbox customers around the world are not impacted by this organizational change in any way and remain an important component of our Xbox strategy. "

Thanks for the added info. Looks great to me.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:

I'm a bit surprised, but so long as Halo is still on the way if their focus and money will be put towards the gaming side of things then its a smart move. Can't miss shows that never aired, lol. The refocus is on, and nice to get the commitment from the CEO behind Xbox One yet again. Leave the TV content to Netflix/Hulo/Amazon and focus on games and apps/features. And I still got my NFL fantasy football app :) Still getting my Halo series. This refocus is smart and reflects the changes alot of people want. No shame in altering course to fix a problems. Only shame in being so stubborn problems continue until you have no hope at all to fix it. Kudos MS.

Ms TV related content- THE VALUEZ!>!>!>!>#

Ms-Refocuses keeping one series alive- Leave the TV content to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

It only took them a year to realize "TV TELEVISION TV TELEVISION SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS!!!!!" was a really bad idea for a gaming console. Better late than never. Makes me wonder what will happen if XBox keeps losing to PS4 and Wii U.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 shawn30

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

Ms-Refocuses keeping one series alive- Leave the TV content to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon

Some of the reported shows back when we got summaries were very interesting to me, and I wanted the added value of excluisve television programming. But if the refocus on gaming means more money spent on that, and I'm still getting Halo and the sports apps and Kinect-centric apps I'm OK with that. Its not like series aired and then all of a sudden were cancelled. The refocus is smart. It is another 180. But it shows a commitment to Xbox from the CEO and the company very publically.

Still gonna watch and control TV via Kinect. Still gonna use the NFL app. Still gonna enjoy Halo series. Smart moves by MS. 8 months into the new gen they've had to make some pretty major changes in focus, but its looking good to me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia: Wow, you actually posted GOOD NEWS about Xbox One. I'm shocked. This is actually the BEST NEWS I've ever seen you post about XB1. Thank you for this information. Looks like Microsoft will use the extra money they save on making more exclusive XB1 games and new IP's.

The single biggest digital life category, measured in both time and money spent, in a mobile-first world is gaming,” Nadella wrote a week ago.

And in the category of best performing actor the Oscar goes to..

Blackace.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 blackace

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia: Wow, you actually posted GOOD NEWS about Xbox One. I'm shocked. This is actually the BEST NEWS I've ever seen you post about XB1. Thank you for this information. Looks like Microsoft will use the extra money they save on making more exclusive XB1 games and new IP's.

The single biggest digital life category, measured in both time and money spent, in a mobile-first world is gaming,” Nadella wrote a week ago.

Blackace.

The Oscar for the most ignorant, hypocritical biased troll goes to.....

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060318035407/muppet/images/0/01/CousinPepe.jpg

El Tormo!!

Don't be mad because another XB1 Troll thread has backfired on Cows and failed once again. First time a Cow has ever posted good news about the XB1. LMAO!!

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blue_hazy_basic: Mate, it's all banter, innit?

no, you're just a piece of shit. you say foul things constantly...honestly, you really seem like scum bud. even lems throw the BS to the side for the most part to wish these people well who lose their jobs. you and some other cows though...u go low, and stay there. getting ur asses handed to you last gen has you guys on a sad little vendetta that you won't relent...n i'm good with that, LOL. ;]

why are their two threads made by the same guy reporting the same 18,000 layoffs? geez, this topic is being milked more than Playstation Now users lol.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Animal-Mother

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

Some of the reported shows back when we got summaries were very interesting to me, and I wanted the added value of excluisve television programming. But if the refocus on gaming means more money spent on that, and I'm still getting Halo and the sports apps and Kinect-centric apps I'm OK with that. Its not like series aired and then all of a sudden were cancelled. The refocus is smart. It is another 180. But it shows a commitment to Xbox from the CEO and the company very publically.

Still gonna watch and control TV via Kinect. Still gonna use the NFL app. Still gonna enjoy Halo series. Smart moves by MS. 8 months into the new gen they've had to make some pretty major changes in focus, but its looking good to me.

My point is, you're right though.

Leave the TV content to the actual content makers. Granted I used to be in TV/film. The second any big company tries to break in it's extremely difficult, you have all these suits bringing in creative types in so they can easily pull the strings.

As said deals are never made, pre-pro is probably close to impossible to even start and even doing test shoots I imagine are scrutinized by every person with their hand in the pot.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Na na naaaaaaa naaaaa

Na na naaaaaaa naaaa

Hey hey hey

Goodbye

@misterpmedia said:

Sources paint a picture of a disorganized studio that struggled to close deals and lacked a fully fleshed-out business model.

Sounds like their game development studios too. "Quick! Just make another Halo!"

It's awesome when a video game company closes it's doors and takes competition off the market eh?

all of us who like the playstation brand better be prepared to pay out our ass for the next console if the xbox brand does die.

you ignorant fucks.

If you like gaming on your current fan boy choice, whichever that may be, then you better support the whole industry or you'll be paying $800 bucks for your next fan boy piece of plastic. Moron

HAH! There will always be a third runner just chomping at the bit to get a piece of the action. Maybe Samsung will make a console, or NVidia. You're the fanboy idiot for making people believe we need XBox. Atari fell, Sega fell, and XBox can fall as well. Someone bigger and better always jumps in the fray. Videogames are a bigger market than Hollywood movies, son.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#62 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Na na naaaaaaa naaaaa

Na na naaaaaaa naaaa

Hey hey hey

Goodbye

@misterpmedia said:

Sources paint a picture of a disorganized studio that struggled to close deals and lacked a fully fleshed-out business model.

Sounds like their game development studios too. "Quick! Just make another Halo!"

You're gloating over people losing their jobs.

Yeah. Pretty disgusting.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Blackace.

Eva Marie is hot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tormentos

@blackace said:

El Tormo!!

Don't be mad because another XB1 Troll thread has backfired on Cows and failed once again. First time a Cow has ever posted good news about the XB1. LMAO!!

How did it backfire.?

All you did is pretend it is good news after all the months you have since E3 defending the whole Tv TV TV crap..hahaha

Oh and what make you think more money will be going to exclusives.? And not just returning to MS investors pockets.

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

no, you're just a piece of shit. you say foul things constantly...honestly, you really seem like scum bud. even lems throw the BS to the side for the most part to wish these people well who lose their jobs. you and some other cows though...u go low, and stay there. getting ur asses handed to you last gen has you guys on a sad little vendetta that you won't relent...n i'm good with that, LOL. ;]

why are their two threads made by the same guy reporting the same 18,000 layoffs? geez, this topic is being milked more than Playstation Now users lol.

Le Meltdown..lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

SONY is in better shape then previously thought of.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Eva Marie is hot.

Agree..

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shawn30

@Heil68 said:

Sony gaming division that is...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Animal-Mother

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

And this place is about the games.... Right?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

awwwww yeahhhh

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

At least they can focus on the gaming part of the xbox division a bit more and some of their future ideas for the brand to that don't involve tv.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

at this early stage of the gen it probably doesn't do much, well, other than further solidify in my mind that microsoft hasn't got a clear direction.

i see in other comments that some content folks were expecting will still go ahead. So that's not tooooo bad.

Anyway. Original TV content wouldn't have attracted me personally to xbone, so 'whatevs'.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Looks like those billions of mismanage dollars are going to the gaming division if I'm reading this right.

Slow down cows. This could come back to bite that ass.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@b4x said:

Looks like those billions of mismanage dollars are going to the gaming division if I'm reading this right.

Yeeeeaaa right.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Animal-Mother

@b4x said:

lololololololol.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@b4x said:

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: @Animal-Mother: @I_can_haz:

Not gamers?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blackace

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

El Tormo!!

How did it backfire.?

All you did is pretend it is good news after all the months you have since E3 defending the whole Tv TV TV crap..hahaha

Oh and what make you think more money will be going to exclusives.? And not just returning to MS investors pockets.

It's definitely good news that they are getting rid of a lot of unnecessary TV shows. They are keeping a few, but now they can use the extra cash on more games. I was bashing the PS4 TV crap and your dumb ass was defending it. lol!! You Cows have been bashing TV Show/Sports ever since Microsoft announced the program. They you praise it when it's on the PS4. Now a lot of TV shows are leaving the XBox One you think the XBox is going away. LMAO!! How stupid can you trolls be? It backfired because the TC created another XBox thread for cows to bash because some employees are being let go from Microsoft. Most of them are Nokia workers who are no longer needed after Microsoft acquired them. Complete backfire. Cows keep owning themselves with these dumbass threads.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#78 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Whether this affects Microsoft's gaming division or not, it sucks to see so many people lose their jobs like that.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

No TV? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

So much emotion over a shuttered film studio and a plastic toy.

@b4x said:

Watch it go into Windows Phone research and development.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Ahhh the usual BS from system wars... gotta love it :(

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blackace

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@b4x said:

You SPIN so WELL ReadingRainbow4, you SPIN so WELL. LOL!!

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Hate to see people lose their jobs, but glad to see MS is starting to re-center their focus on core gaming, instead of entertainment. Let Netflix and HBO worry about original programming. You worry about good exclusives that stay exclusive.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

It is. But doing celebration dances over job losses/studio closings is a bit tactless ...

Didn't notice you having a problem when xbots lauging at jobs lost when topics about Sony selling buildings, and a few jobs lost at ND or Santa Monica were being thrown up.

Don't get all ethical and upstanding out of the blue when the topic isn't Doom and Gloom for something related to Sony. Stop QQ champ, you still have PC chin up.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kinectthedots

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

lol, the mental trama

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

It is. But doing celebration dances over job losses/studio closings is a bit tactless ...

Didn't notice you having a problem when xbots lauging at jobs lost when topics about Sony selling buildings, and a few jobs lost at ND or Santa Monica were being thrown up.

Don't get all ethical and upstanding out of the blue when the topic isn't Doom and Gloom for something related to Sony. Stop QQ champ, you still have PC chin up.

You obviously only see what you want but I forgot two wrongs made a right .... you should play another victim card *eyeroll*

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It looks XBox Live got laid off today, too.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kinectthedots

@b4x said:

Shill

Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, such a critic would be an indirect shill for the industry at large, because said critic's income is tied to the prosperity of the industry.

Your handbook

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the perception or behavior of others through underhanded, deceptive, or even abusive tactics.[1] By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive.

I told you your lines best fit yourself b4x. lolololol DAMN, taken straight from a quote you posted, I guess you picked words that most closely reflect yourself.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

That twitter account is so awesome.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By kinectthedots

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You obviously only see what you want but I forgot two wrongs made a right .... you should play another victim card *eyeroll*

I will remember this sympathy roll you are playing the next time you jump down with xbox fanboys on their Sony bashing campaign, you never seem to tire of lack enjoyment in any of that.

And yes, roll those eyes my boy, it keeps the tears from falling so easily.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blackace

Yeah.. looks like they are down as well. That won't last though. Microsoft is usually very quick in getting their online service back up. I'll check it again in 15mins.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Shewgenja said:

Dude XBL is still a lot better than PSN. Only video and music playback are the problems on XBL not gaming.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By xhawk27

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Shewgenja said:

Dude XBL is still a lot better than PSN. Only video and music playback are the problems on XBL not gaming.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

18,000 People will loose their jobs.. and cows celebrate.

Typical SW's.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@b4x said:

Shill

Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, such a critic would be an indirect shill for the industry at large, because said critic's income is tied to the prosperity of the industry.

Your handbook

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the perception or behavior of others through underhanded, deceptive, or even abusive tactics.[1] By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive.

I told you your lines best fit yourself b4x. lolololol DAMN, taken straight from a quote you posted, I guess you picked words that most closely reflect yourself.

b4x' delusions are at least somewhat funny, i'll give him that.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

But this thread isn't lol

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By xhawk27

@OhSnapitz said:

Typical SW's.

Last year Sony had 50,000 job cuts.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Na na naaaaaaa naaaa

@misterpmedia said:

It's awesome when a video game company closes it's doors and takes competition off the market eh?

It's not but working in a disorganized studio is terrible for employees, who most of the time rely on actual number of projects finished when they apply for their next job/project at a new employer. It's better to cut your losses at 2 years in than stay in a perpetual state of limbo.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Typical SW's.

Last year Sony had 50,000 job cuts.

links?