Microsoft React to PlayStation Network Outage

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

The PlayStation Network issues currently plaguing gamers throughout the globe could not have come at a worse time. Not only are there a number of high profile titles arriving on retail shelves, but also in the UK it's a Bank Holiday weekend, meaning there was likely to be a large number of gamers heading online. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) have been reluctant to discuss the issues any more than is absolutely necessary, however things are a bit different in the Microsoft camp

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Why does Microsoft even bother? If people are smart they will just wait a couple days for PSN to go back online instead of buying an Xbox 360.
Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
I would seriously lol if live went down today
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
Why does Microsoft even bother? If people are smart they will just wait a couple days for PSN to go back online instead of buying an Xbox 360. EliteM0nk3y
we are expecting Microsoft's robust online network to see an increase of traffic from those gamers who own both systemsArticle
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Why does Microsoft even bother? If people are smart they will just wait a couple days for PSN to go back online instead of buying an Xbox 360. EliteM0nk3y
They were respoding to a statement asked, and did you even read the statement? It said gamer's may buy an title for Xbox 360 instead of PS3 while this issue is still affecting users, and is directed at those who own both consoles.

When approaching Microsoft, Electronic Theatre was offered the following comment.

"Of course it's regretful that Sony is encountering issues at such a busy time, and Microsoft takes no joy in the problems gamers are having playing their favourite games online." Stated the representative of Microsoft's distribution network. "That being said, we are expecting Microsoft's robust online network to see an increase of traffic from those gamers who own both systems. Being able to play their games via the Xbox LIVE network could make all the difference for some gamers, and the Xbox Nations event will allow all of them to do just that – whether they have a Gold subscription or not."

I remember Microsoft had an issue similar to this a few years back, Holiday 09' maybe? User's were given a free game, I think Undertow. I wonder if Sony will do something similar.

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheKing012
Member since 2011 • 1191 Posts

so Microsoft assumes all PS3fanboys owners that have an Xbox 360...are willing to play it...over their PS3?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
How soon they forget the 2007 holiday season :P
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
How soon they forget the 2007 holiday season :PFloppy_Jim
Read the statement, Microsoft didn't say anything negative.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]Why does Microsoft even bother? If people are smart they will just wait a couple days for PSN to go back online instead of buying an Xbox 360. After_Math

They were respoding to a statement asked, and did you even read the statement? It said gamer's may buy an title for Xbox 360 instead of PS3 while this issue is still affecting users, and is directed at those who own both consoles.

When approaching Microsoft, Electronic Theatre was offered the following comment.

"Of course it's regretful that Sony is encountering issues at such a busy time, and Microsoft takes no joy in the problems gamers are having playing their favourite games online." Stated the representative of Microsoft's distribution network. "That being said, we are expecting Microsoft's robust online network to see an increase of traffic from those gamers who own both systems. Being able to play their games via the Xbox LIVE network could make all the difference for some gamers, and the Xbox Nations event will allow all of them to do just that – whether they have a Gold subscription or not."

I remember Microsoft had an issue similar to this a few years back, Holiday 09' maybe? User's were given a free game, I think Undertow. I wonder if Sony will do something similar.

It was '07, and yes we were given Undertow for free :)

But I don't remember Sony saying anything about that.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Uhh...they had this planned out for like atleast 2 weeks (that's how long I've been seeing the ads) for this event since they are running this with the Kinect Sports world record attempt. I'm pretty sure this is just a nice coincidence for MS
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

so Microsoft assumes all PS3 owners have an Xbox 360...and are willing to play it?

TheKing012

Did u read the article at all? He clearly said "From those gamers who own both", not that everyone owns both...............

Jonzey123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jonzey123
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
Guys let's not read the article and just guess what it says. I hate how Microsoft are blaming the Dalai Lama for the PSN outage. It just looks like they're put a face to it so the angry PS3 owners have someone to blame.
TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheKing012

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

so Microsoft assumes all PS3 owners have an Xbox 360...and are willing to play it?

navyguy21

Did u read the article at all? He clearly said "From those gamers who own both", not that everyone owns both...............

that would be suggesting that as fanboys...they would be willing to even play the **** thing.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
[QUOTE="Jonzey123"]Guys let's not read the article and just guess what it says. I hate how Microsoft are blaming the Dalai Lama for the PSN outage. It just looks like they're put a face to it so the angry PS3 owners have someone to blame.

and that comment they made about 9/11 was just wrong, they should apologise to charlie sheen
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

that would be suggesting that as fanboys...they would be willing to even play the **** thing.

What?

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
lol, no I'm not upgrading to Gold just because of this but nice try MS.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#18 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts
lol, no I'm not upgrading to Gold just because of this but nice try MS.tomarlyn
It's a free XBL Gold weekend for International Folks.
TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheKing012

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] Did u read the article at all? He clearly said "From those gamers who own both", not that everyone owns both...............

navyguy21

What?

you don't seem to comprehend what i'm saying:

if Microsoft expects their Xbox Live traffic to increase from the PSN outage, then they are obviously expecting it to be from the crowd of people who (mainly) play their PS3s.

it just isn't going to happen. i apologize, but in a reality where fanboys don't reign supreme, that'd be possible.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

lol, no I'm not upgrading to Gold just because of this but nice try MS.tomarlyn

Another person who didnt read the article and couldnt of noticed that its a free Xbox Live weekend that they're discussing.

Jonzey123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jonzey123
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
[QUOTE="Richymisiak"][QUOTE="Jonzey123"]Guys let's not read the article and just guess what it says. I hate how Microsoft are blaming the Dalai Lama for the PSN outage. It just looks like they're put a face to it so the angry PS3 owners have someone to blame.

and that comment they made about 9/11 was just wrong, they should apologise to charlie sheen

And just who are they to tell us who we should vote for in the 2012 Olympics?
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

How can this thread be overflowing with ignorance so hard when the actual statement is readily available for all to read, in plain text, at the click of a link?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="After_Math"] Read the statement, Microsoft didn't say anything negative.

It's nice convenient way to draw attention to their free XBL event. If I were an MS crony I'd rip into it though. Their conservatism does not amuse me.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

What?

if Microsoft expects their Xbox Live traffic to increase from the PSN outage, then they are obviously expecting it to be from the crowd of people who (mainly) play their PS3s.

it just isn't going to happen. i apologize, but in a reality where fanboys don't reign supreme, that'd be possible.

Perhaps you arent comprehending the article well because of your own personal bias. A person could own both and play both equally, or play one more than the other. If one goes down, then the other will get more play. Common sense really.......doesnt really need to mean one was played more. If you cant play Uncharted 2 online and you on Reach.......then u play reach more...................even if UC2 and PS3 is your fav. Lack of options man.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

lol guys read the article before hating on MS

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Snugenz

[QUOTE="After_Math"] Read the statement, Microsoft didn't say anything negative.Floppy_Jim
It's nice convenient way to draw attention to their free XBL event. If I were an MS crony I'd rip into it though. Their conservatism does not amuse me.

The site had an interview with them, what are they supposed to say?

"XBL is down this weekend as a sympathetic gesture for our friends over at Sony" ?

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheKing012

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] What?

navyguy21

Perhaps you arent comprehending the article well because of your own personal bias. A person could own both and play both equally, or play one more than the other. If one goes down, then the other will get more play. Common sense really.......doesnt really need to mean one was played more. If you cant play Uncharted 2 online and you on Reach.......then u play reach more...................even if UC2 and PS3 is your fav. Lack of options man.

it isn't going to happen. i don't know how else to express this to you.

your mentality on how people view their consoles is inaccurate. if a person has invested THAT MUCH TIME into their PS3, and the PSN, they aren't going to simply "jump in" (and this is assuming they have enough money going to have purchased games for the Xbox 360 and PS3) and start experiencing the greatness of the Xbawks.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="After_Math"] Read the statement, Microsoft didn't say anything negative.Snugenz

"XBL is down this weekend as a sympathetic gesture for our friends over at Sony" ?

The idea is to exploit the PSN problem and make me switch to Gold, which I am not going to do........ You think this is just a friendly open invitation to PSN users?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="After_Math"] Read the statement, Microsoft didn't say anything negative.Snugenz

No, they're supposed to rip into it and use PR talk to incite flame wars. Instead they're being all civilized and boring about it :( To be honest you can blame PSN being down for me being here instead and talking nonsense.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snugenz

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

your mentality on how people view their consoles is inaccurate. if a person has invested THAT MUCH TIME into their PS3, and the PSN, they aren't going to simply jump over (and this is assuming they have enough money going to have purchased enough games for the Xbox 360) and start experiencing the greatness of the Xbawks.

Eh no, not everyone thinks like you.

I flip between 3 systems constantly because i have different games on those 3 systems and i want to play different games at different times. I have no silly loyalty to any of those systems.

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheKing012

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] It's nice convenient way to draw attention to their free XBL event. If I were an MS crony I'd rip into it though. Their conservatism does not amuse me.tomarlyn

The idea is to exploit the PSN problem and make me switch to Gold, which I am not going to do........ You think this is just a friendly open invitation to PSN users?

seriously, Microsoft has to be joking :lol:!

PS3 owner: "the PSN network has been down for a WHOLE DAY. i don't care that i can still play the majority of my games, and still use most of the services...I think I'm going to go use my Xbox 360 I haven't touched in almost half a decade and just forget about all the time I've invested into my PS3!"

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] It's nice convenient way to draw attention to their free XBL event. If I were an MS crony I'd rip into it though. Their conservatism does not amuse me.tomarlyn

Xbox Live free weekend

How have you still not read the article ...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

your mentality on how people view their consoles is inaccurate. if a person has invested THAT MUCH TIME into their PS3, and the PSN, they aren't going to simply "jump in" (and this is assuming they have enough money going to have purchased games for the Xbox 360 and PS3) and start experiencing the greatness of the Xbawks.

Well, maybe microsoft was referring to those who dont have an unhealthy loyalty to a gaming box? th

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

I have both systems, and STILL have no interest in paying for XB LIVE.

And I don't spend a great deal of time on PSN either, aside from a few downloads once or twice every week, depending on what's interesting to DL.

ZOMG teh PSN Interwebs iz teh doom!!! :cry:

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheKing012

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] Perhaps you arent comprehending the article well because of your own personal bias. A person could own both and play both equally, or play one more than the other. If one goes down, then the other will get more play. Common sense really.......doesnt really need to mean one was played more. If you cant play Uncharted 2 online and you on Reach.......then u play reach more...................even if UC2 and PS3 is your fav. Lack of options man.Snugenz

your mentality on how people view their consoles is inaccurate. if a person has invested THAT MUCH TIME into their PS3, and the PSN, they aren't going to simply jump over (and this is assuming they have enough money going to have purchased enough games for the Xbox 360) and start experiencing the greatness of the Xbawks.

I flip between 3 systems constantly because i have different games on those 3 systems and i want to play different games at different times. I have no silly loyalty to any of those systems.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Snugenz.png

please, stop. you have 26,726 gamer score vs a level 4 PSN, and the last game you played on your PS3 was UNCHARTED 2 (2009, and you didn't even buy LittleBigPlanet 2 yet have it as your avatar for some odd reason).

you can't expect me to believe that if your Xbox Live went down you'd drop everything and decide to start using the PSN when you've not been using it this whole time.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

Xbox Live free weekend

I have, how have you missed the point twice?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

please, stop. you have 26,726 gamer score vs a level 4 PSN, and the last game you played on your PS3 was UNCHARTED 2 (2009).

you can't expect me to believe that if your Xbox Live went down you'd drop everything and decide to start using the PSN when you've not been using it this whole time.

Lol, i havnt been online on the 360 or PS3 in a good while i'll give you that, plus most of my gaming time these days is spent on the PC. But i still play plenty of single player games on both the 360 and PS3 offline.

So yes, i flip between the 3 of them quite regularly.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 navyguy21

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

please, stop. you have 26,726 gamer score vs a level 4 PSN, and the last game you played on your PS3 was UNCHARTED 2 (2009).

You make it sound like they meant stop playing on PSN for good lol. They simply meant in increase in traffic during the downtime. Common sense says that with the lack of options, the other will get more use until there is competition.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"] The idea is to exploit the PSN problem and make me switch to Gold, which I am not going to do........ You think this is just a friendly open invitation to PSN users?tomarlyn

Xbox Live free weekend

Because you dont have a point, clearly he's talking about people who own both and he's talking about this weekend, so assuming they might get more traffic from people who may have been playing on PSN this weekend isnt far fetched especially when you consider its a free XBL weekend.

TheKing012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheKing012

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

Lol, i havnt been online on the 360 or PS3 in a good while i'll give you that, plus most of my gaming time these days is spent on the PC. But i still play plenty of single player games on both the 360 and PS3 offline.

i've already posted the evidence. you BARELY use your PS3, and if you do, it isn't for games. and once again, you still haven't answered why you'd have a LBP2 avatar yet have never even touched the game.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#42 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts
No, they're supposed to rip into it and use PR talk to incite flame wars. Instead they're being all civilized and boring about it :( Floppy_Jim
Where the hell is aaron greenberg on this? haha
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Xbox Live free weekend

Snugenz

Because you dont have a point, clearly he's talking about people who own both and he's talking about this weekend, so assuming they might get more traffic from people who may have been playing on PSN this weekend isnt far fetched especially when you consider its a free XBL weekend.

The agenda is to get you using their service and ultimately (hopefully) get you to switch to Gold. How this is not plain as day to some people I'll never know.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] Perhaps you arent comprehending the article well because of your own personal bias. A person could own both and play both equally, or play one more than the other. If one goes down, then the other will get more play. Common sense really.......doesnt really need to mean one was played more. If you cant play Uncharted 2 online and you on Reach.......then u play reach more...................even if UC2 and PS3 is your fav. Lack of options man.TheKing012

Ridiculous. Everyone here agrees with navyguy21 and that is what the article is talking about.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

TheKing012

i've already posted the evidence. you BARELY use your PS3, and if you do, it isn't for games. and once again, you still haven't answered why you'd have a LBP2 avatar yet have never even touched the game.

I have indeed touched the game, i've finished the (LBP2) Story Mode ,a good while ago in fact, and yesterday i was replaying C2 on my PS3 (offline). Your evidence is useless because it assumes i'm actually bothered to sync my PS3 on a regular basis, which evidently i'm not.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="TheKing012"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

navyguy21

You make it sound like they meant stop playing on PSN for good lol. They simply meant in increase in traffic during the downtime. Common sense says that with the lack of options, the other will get more use until there is competition.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"] I have, how have you missed the point twice?

tomarlyn

The agenda is to get you using their service and ultimately (hopefully) get you to switch to Gold. How this is not plain as day to some people I'll never know.

They're commenting on PSN being down and saying that they'll maybe get more traffic this weekend because of it. There "agenda" has always been to get more XBL subscriptions, what does that have to do with this situation?