Microsoft: PSN hack is bad for the games industry

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

PSN hack is bad for the game industry.....................and accessory sales? haha

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
This hack was nothing more than an excuse for some sorry hackers to make trouble. Its like looters that take advantage of large crowd gatherings or protests. At least Microsoft is saying something which takes some guts considering everyone else is getting hacked.-ArchAngeL-777-
Haha yeah "Pickpockets are bad for your wallet" kinda obviousness.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

glad to see that ms isn't taking this change to roast sony. at least not all of us are sinking down to sony's level.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

To be fair to MS "ask a stupid question and you'll get a stupid answer".

I think the interviewer was expecting them to say, "ah Sony suck blah blah blah", but in truth MS see Sony as healthy competition.

Darth_DuMas

Wouldn't go that far, but they handled it well. MS were polite about it.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="racing1750"] I love my xbox live. That is some nice milking :dtormentos

and remember ethernet cables, hdmi cables, usb cables, controllers headsets...etc all sell for under 10 bucks the official sony ones....:lol:

Not more than the $100 network adapter,$20 dollars on PC and the 20GB for $100,when for $50 you could buy a 160 GB one back then.

You can use any network adapter for Xbox Live, at least I did for many years - then I just picked up the adaptor for £25 used :P But comparing a privacy leak to overpriced accessories doesn't really make sense...

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#56 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

hey look on the front page as if we didnt know it was bad, i cant say it wasnt sonys fault,

cause now they are after every developer including nintendo ya read it up thanks sony ,

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I agree with Microsoft 110%. I'm so glad that they can the honest truth and be very insightful when they're discussing them.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#58 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] and remember ethernet cables, hdmi cables, usb cables, controllers headsets...etc all sell for under 10 bucks the official sony ones....:lol:

racing1750

Just like that wireless network adaptor?

360s have the wifi built in these days :?

really ? my xbox 360 doesnt have that built in , i think your 3 yrs late , and also i got a phat 360 in need of a new harddrive, cause my 250 is full almost ,and they dont even sell those any more where does that leave me , stranded, flooded , but at least its heart warming to know nintendo cares thats why nintendo wii u is gonna be able to use usb hard drives , have a nice day microsoft dont even bring up oh you can use flash sticks ya only 16 gigabyte sticks , have fun with that , might as well buy a 20 gig hard drive and call it a day lol

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Shocking... its also bad for SOny! Go figure...

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="DarthJohnova"] Just like that wireless network adaptor?mariokart64fan

360s have the wifi built in these days :?

really ? my xbox 360 doesnt have that built in , i think your 3 yrs late , and also i got a phat 360 in need of a new harddrive, cause my 250 is full almost ,and they dont even sell those any more where does that leave me , stranded, flooded , but at least its heart warming to know nintendo cares thats why nintendo wii u is gonna be able to use usb hard drives , have a nice day microsoft dont even bring up oh you can use flash sticks ya only 16 gigabyte sticks , have fun with that , might as well buy a 20 gig hard drive and call it a day lol

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Hard-Drive-250GB-Slim/dp/B003C1VPEY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308018706&sr=8-3 Did you look? i'm not even in the US but I found that within a single search.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] and remember ethernet cables, hdmi cables, usb cables, controllers headsets...etc all sell for under 10 bucks the official sony ones....:lol:

Ravensmash

Not more than the $100 network adapter,$20 dollars on PC and the 20GB for $100,when for $50 you could buy a 160 GB one back then.

You can use any network adapter for Xbox Live, at least I did for many years - then I just picked up the adaptor for £25 used :P But comparing a privacy leak to overpriced accessories doesn't really make sense...

It does when you compare the damage it does to the market,mainly to people wallets.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
trollface.jpg lol but of course they had to say something about it...i honestly think they were keeping quiet and hoping nothing attacked them
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] No im pretty sure thats an opinion because it hasn't always been free.WilliamRLBaker
DC Free. PS2 Free PC Free Gamecube Free Wii Free PS3 Free DS Free PSP Free 3DS Free Vita as of now Free oh and with cross game chat............lol So you were saying.?

heat.net, sega.net. x-band...I could go on there are more examples...

Seganet was optional,you did not need it basically sega took the role of your ISP,meaning that would connect to the internet by Sega,but you could still use your ISP if you wanted to play online on DC,and the X-band was dead on arrival,and proved the point paying for online play was destine to die,on X-band it was charge to play while on that same time on PC it was free. Xbox live is not and ISP or replace your internet connection like Seganet did. So yeah the great majority deliver free online play.
HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

of course their gonna say something like that

were you really expecting them to say "YEAH WE HIRED PEOPLE TO HACK SONY. FOR TEH LULZ"

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ravensmash
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Not more than the $100 network adapter,$20 dollars on PC and the 20GB for $100,when for $50 you could buy a 160 GB one back then.tormentos

It does when you compare the damage it does to the market,mainly to people wallets.

People choose to purchase overpriced accessories instead of shopping around. People didn't choose to have their details potentially leaked - BIG difference, and I know as a consumer that I'd much rather be milked than have a company lose my details.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Not more than the $100 network adapter,$20 dollars on PC and the 20GB for $100,when for $50 you could buy a 160 GB one back then.tormentos

every single accesory for the ps3 is expensive just as expesive as the ones on the 360 *and no where near the quality either the 360 controller far superior the dual shock and has far better battery life too*. If all you have is 2 things then you really dont have anything. Seems like Sony ""rips off"" their customers just as much.

Lets see http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/microsoft-xbox-360-live-wireless-headset/61048 Head set $50 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-controller-with-play-and-charge-kit/84175 Xbox 360 controller with play and charge kit $65 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-250gb-internal-hard-drive/83934 250 GB HDD $130 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-memory-card-512mb/74075 Memory card 512 MB $25 PS3 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-bluetooth-headset-20/88207 Bluetooth head set $50 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-dualshock-3-wireless-controller/69638 DS3 controller $55 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148489 250 GB HDD $45 http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?omid=118&utm_id=14&ref=nextag&utm_source=NexTag&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SNUSM4GN&sku=SNUSM4GN 4GB pen drive $13 compare...

I'd just like to point out that every 360 comes with a headset, so I'm not sure why you need the wireless one. Considering the controller is wireless and if you're playing the game, you're unlikely to need anymore than then bit of cable they give you. And also, MS allowed the use of USB memory some time ago. Up to 16 gigs I believe on two device, leaving up to 32GBs of storage.

The harddrives are ridiculously overpriced, still. Even if you use a portable harddrive, the 360 will demand that you get a MS liscensed one to fully enjoy Halo Reach on the 4GB models, which is just silly.

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

Captain Obvious to the rescue!

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
There is no excuse for Sony and their lackluster security. One of the hacks was accomplished using SQL injection. LOL
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Okay I'm back after mowing then coming in and subsequently crashing and sleeping for the past 11-12 hours.

Clear up some stuff about my stance here.
The sony hack was a debacle they embarassed themselves completely having such an attitude of its free we wont be hacked don't invest in security whether personal information was taken is pretty much guranteed since Sony said them selves it was accessed the only thing that wasn't accessed but only possibly not was credit card information.

Its actually quitecIassy of Microsoft to wait so long to even say anything on the issue and they were actually quite supportive about it.
and thats all I'll say about that.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="tormentos"] DC Free. PS2 Free PC Free Gamecube Free Wii Free PS3 Free DS Free PSP Free 3DS Free Vita as of now Free oh and with cross game chat............lol So you were saying.?tormentos
heat.net, sega.net. x-band...I could go on there are more examples...

Seganet was optional,you did not need it basically sega took the role of your ISP,meaning that would connect to the internet by Sega,but you could still use your ISP if you wanted to play online on DC,and the X-band was dead on arrival,and proved the point paying for online play was destine to die,on X-band it was charge to play while on that same time on PC it was free. Xbox live is not and ISP or replace your internet connection like Seganet did. So yeah the great majority deliver free online play.

lol love how you only countered one thing and you countered it wrong. Most of the support was in sega.net so you had much of no choice but using sega.net if you wanted low latency on game servers ran by sega. And did you actually post a list of accessories earlier? very bunk list because there are loads of 3rd party offerings on the 360 as well face it Ps3 accesories are just as expensive specially official ones.

Come back when you actually used sega.net back in the day of dial up hell gaming on consoles which was faulty at best.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] heat.net, sega.net. x-band...I could go on there are more examples...WilliamRLBaker

lol love how you only countered one thing and you countered it wrong. Most of the support was in sega.net so you had much of no choice but using sega.net if you wanted low latency on game servers ran by sega. And did you actually post a list of accessories earlier? very bunk list because there are loads of 3rd party offerings on the 360 as well face it Ps3 accesories are just as expensive specially official ones.

Come back when you actually used sega.net back in the day of dial up hell gaming on consoles which was faulty at best.

Seganet replaced your ISP in other words sega became your ISP,seganet was not necessary to play online on DC,it was suppose to be better because of the low latency. Online gaming on DC was free end of story,and is only MS basically who charge you for it,also i would like to point that unlike xbox live,which MS just unlock for you with a key,X-ban was a piece of hardware. MS charge people just to allow them to connect,and the majority of the xbox 360 user base doesn't play online,because they don't want to pay for online service.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

time to play "fill in the blanks!" __ ____ sherlock.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] and remember ethernet cables, hdmi cables, usb cables, controllers headsets...etc all sell for under 10 bucks the official sony ones....:lol:

WilliamRLBaker

every single accesory for the ps3 is expensive just as expesive as the ones on the 360 *and no where near the quality either the 360 controller far superior the dual shock and has far better battery life too*. If all you have is 2 things then you really dont have anything. Seems like Sony ""rips off"" their customers just as much.

Sure. First party peripherals are ALWAYS expensive. The difference is a lot of the peripherals MS overcharged for were included in the purchase price of a ps3 (like play and charge kits and wifi adaptors). Or only allowing WAY overpriced proprietary HDDs versus allowing much cheaper and larger third party HDDs. The only overpriced peripheral that there's any reason at all to buy the official Sony brand of is the controllers, which cost no more than 360 ones. And speaking of the controller, saying the 360 controller is far superior to the DS3 is a matter of preference and thus an invalid argument. Personally, I prefer the DS3 in nearly every way. Hell, the only difference between them OBJECTIVELY is that the DS3 does every thing the 360 pad does, with the added features of being rechargable out of the box and having sixaxis motion controls. OBJECTIVELY, ps3 controller is better than 360 controller. So your argument basically amounts to "Sony overcharges for cables and accessories which no one in their right mind would buy anyway because they can use third party versions that are just as good for a fraction of the cost."

Look. If you like Live, and don't mind paying for it, that's fine. But at the end of the day, they charge $60 a year to let you access a bunch of services and features that you already pay for on their network purely because they know they can because if you want to use those services on your 360, you have no other choice, when other companies offer nearly identical networks for free. It's milkage.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

It does when you compare the damage it does to the market,mainly to people wallets.tormentos

That makes no sense, at all :?

The consumer spending money on theproducts that are part of the market (in this case, add ons and subscriptions) is a sign of a healthy market, not of one being damaged.

Please, let's not pretend that you don't liking the pricing of something means the market is somehow being damaged by it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos

[QUOTE="tormentos"] It does when you compare the damage it does to the market,mainly to people wallets.IronBass

That makes no sense, at all :?

The consumer spending money on theproducts that are part of the market (in this case, add ons and subscriptions) is a sign of a healthy market, not of one being damaged.

Please, let's not pretend that you don't liking the pricing of something means the market is somehow being damaged by it.

Over priced peripherals = lower sales less money on the market. Not only that constant increases in prices can slow down sales,the PS3 was $600 dollar and it did not sold like the PS2,the xbox 360 was cheaper and sold more,and the wii was even cheaper and sold even more. In this case the PS3 wasn't over priced but it show you and example,of how high prices can mean slower sales. Oh and the biggest damage is done to our wallets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Look. If you like Live, and don't mind paying for it, that's fine. But at the end of the day, they charge $60 a year to let you access a bunch of services and features that you already pay for on their network purely because they know they can because if you want to use those services on your 360, you have no other choice, when other companies offer nearly identical networks for free. It's milkage.ianuilliam
The Live fee wasn't kept secret or forced mid generation. It has been clear since the introduction of Live. The consumer had the choice not to buy a Xbox if the fee bothered them. It's not milkage in any way. The fact that Sony and Nintendo don't charge is only a sign of their own position in the market, not of what is milkage or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-63f6895020e66

Over priced peripherals = lower sales less money on the market.tormentos

Lower sales of what? If people are paying for those peripherals, the money is on the market. :?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tormentos

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Over priced peripherals = lower sales less money on the market.IronBass

Lower sales of what? If people are paying for those peripherals, the money is on the market. :?

But there is a huge % of the people who is not buying it,if live was $10 dollar a year a hell of allot more people would pay for it,at $60 dollars live has some 15 million golds users tops,on a user base of 55 million,that is a great minority,now don't tell me they have 30 million xbox live players we already know that half the user base of xbox live is silver it was confirmed by MS already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Over priced peripherals = lower sales less money on the market. Not only that constant increases in prices can slow down sales,the PS3 was $600 dollar and it did not sold like the PS2,the xbox 360 was cheaper and sold more,and the wii was even cheaper and sold even more. In this case the PS3 wasn't over priced but it show you and example,of how high prices can mean slower sales. Oh and the biggest damage is done to our wallets.tormentos
The question is not if "high prices can lower sales", is not a question of concepts nor a question of "could"s, is a very specific question: how do people spending money on something traduces in the market being damaged. Yes, the PS3 was hurt by its price. But that isn't the case for the 360, Live subscriptions or its add ons, so it's as unrelated as it can be. And about our wallets, well, that's why we can choose what we buy. No one is forcing us to buy luxury items like videogames.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]

OXM UK: "Microsoft executives have gone on record about the Playstation Network hack, saying it's bad for the gaming industry and it highlights the need for safer online environments.

tormentos
Yeah because milking the consumer dry with xbox live and over priced add on is any better.

well the fact remains that they took the online and built it into the OS as a platform for developers to use, they charge us because they continuously upgrade and protect it. Its a trade off, PSN you get freedom, dev's get freedom, and when they get hacked hackers get freedom, live is a much more closed system and we pay for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-63f6895020e66
But there is a huge % of the people who is not buying it,if live was $10 dollar a year a hell of allot more people would pay for it,at $60 dollars live has some 15 million golds users tops,on a user base of 55 million,that is a great minority,now don't tell me they have 30 million xbox live players we already know that half the user base of xbox live is silver it was confirmed by MS already.tormentos
What has that to do with the market being healthy or not? The amount of people subscribing to live is not what determines that, is the amount of revenue MS makes of it. A market is defined by the money it makes, not by the amount of people playing online.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"]Over priced peripherals = lower sales less money on the market. Not only that constant increases in prices can slow down sales,the PS3 was $600 dollar and it did not sold like the PS2,the xbox 360 was cheaper and sold more,and the wii was even cheaper and sold even more. In this case the PS3 wasn't over priced but it show you and example,of how high prices can mean slower sales. Oh and the biggest damage is done to our wallets.IronBass
The question is not if "high prices can lower sales", is not a question of concepts nor a question of "could"s, is a very specific question: how do people spending money on something traduces in the market being damaged. Yes, the PS3 was hurt by its price. But that isn't the case for the 360, Live subscriptions or its add ons, so it's as unrelated as it can be. And about our wallets, well, that's why we can choose what we buy. No one is forcing us to buy luxury items like videogames.

Is not the people paying over priced prices,is the ones that don't buy something because is to expensive where the real damage is done,and if you read my quote well i say to our wallets as well,which is the part that refer to what you want to argue. Over priced peripherals hurt double,hurt you when you buy it,and hurt the industry because less people are willing to buy and over priced product.
Avatar image for KevinnButlerNPK
KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 KevinnButlerNPK
Member since 2010 • 1145 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="tormentos"]Over priced peripherals = lower sales less money on the market. Not only that constant increases in prices can slow down sales,the PS3 was $600 dollar and it did not sold like the PS2,the xbox 360 was cheaper and sold more,and the wii was even cheaper and sold even more. In this case the PS3 wasn't over priced but it show you and example,of how high prices can mean slower sales. Oh and the biggest damage is done to our wallets.tormentos

Is not the people paying over priced prices,is the ones that don't buy something because is to expensive where the real damage is done,and if you read my quote well i say to our wallets as well,which is the part that refer to what you want to argue. Over priced peripherals hurt double,hurt you when you buy it,and hurt the industry because less people are willing to buy and over priced product.

So how many business do you own?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#85 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I don't think they care what is good for the industry, just what's good for them, and the PSN hack was very good for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-63f6895020e66

Is not the people paying over priced prices,is the ones that don't buy something because is to expensive where the real damage is done,and if you read my quote well i say to our wallets as well,which is the part that refer to what you want to argue. Over priced peripherals hurt double,hurt you when you buy it,and hurt the industry because less people are willing to buy and over priced product.tormentos

I'm getting tired of arguing vague points.

Do you have proof people aren't buying those products at the rate the product maker expects?

Because there's a simple rule in economics, and that is, if people don't buy something, the price of that something goes down.

So if those add ons weren't selling as MS expects, they would simply lower their price.

As I said, you not liking the pricing of something doesn't mean the market is damaged by it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"]But there is a huge % of the people who is not buying it,if live was $10 dollar a year a hell of allot more people would pay for it,at $60 dollars live has some 15 million golds users tops,on a user base of 55 million,that is a great minority,now don't tell me they have 30 million xbox live players we already know that half the user base of xbox live is silver it was confirmed by MS already.IronBass
What has that to do with the market being healthy or not? The amount of people subscribing to live is not what determines that, is the amount of revenue MS makes of it. A market is defined by the money it makes, not by the amount of people playing online.

How it doesn't.? every single sale counts,the more you have the more you earn,in this case MS decide to over price the service in response the majority of the user base stir away from xbox live.? Which mean less money make,if xbox live is so great why gold users are a minority.? See instead of reducing the price which would lead for higher sales,and could mean higher retention of costumers which mean more money,they rise it and subscriptions stay more or less the same. Is the number 1 reason why everything go down in price in the electronic market,if not we would still be paying $1000 for a blu-ray player.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-63f6895020e66

How it doesn't.? every single sale counts,the more you have the more you earn,in this case MS decide to over price the service in response the majority of the user base stir away from xbox live.? Which mean less money make,if xbox live is so great why gold users are a minority.? See instead of reducing the price which would lead for higher sales,and could mean higher retention of costumers which mean more money,they rise it and subscriptions stay more or less the same.tormentos

If I sell two "x-products" for $20, I make $40.

If I lower its price to $10, and sell three of them, I make $30.

Interesting, I have more consumers but I didn't make more money :O

It's a very simple example, in reality things are way more complex than that, but it illustrates the point that lowering the price won't always mean more money.

Companies determine the pricing of something based on tens of hundreds of things, so what would happen if they changed it is notsomething we're in position to discuss.

What we can discuss is if they are meeting their expectations or not. And the fact that they don't lower the price shows that they are.

Is the number 1 reason why everything go down in price in the electronic market,if not we would still be paying $1000 for a blu-ray player.tormentos

Exactly. So what does the fact that MS isn't lowering the price tell us? That is selling according to expectations. And what does that means? Bingo, a successful product, sign of a healthy market.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos

[QUOTE="tormentos"]Is not the people paying over priced prices,is the ones that don't buy something because is to expensive where the real damage is done,and if you read my quote well i say to our wallets as well,which is the part that refer to what you want to argue. Over priced peripherals hurt double,hurt you when you buy it,and hurt the industry because less people are willing to buy and over priced product.IronBass

I'm getting tired of arguing vague points.

Do you have proof people aren't buying those products at the rate the product maker expects?

Because there's a simple rule in economics, and that is, if people don't buy something, the price of that something goes down.

So if those add ons weren't selling as MS expects, they would simply lower their price.

As I said, you not liking the pricing of something doesn't mean the market is damaged by it.

http://techgenie.com/latest/12-5-million-subscribers-for-microsoft-xbox-live-gold/ Now tell me that if Live was just $19.99 or $14.99 per full year,a hell or allot more people would be on it,and xbox live would have not only more new costumer but also a higher retention of the ones already on board. Either way the so call damage PSN cause was because of stopping of the store,those games were not cancel and the people who wanted to buy those games a month ago,when they could not be release on PSN they would have probably buy them by now,it was just a delay.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Breaking news: The sky is blue, and the grass is green.Jynxzor
Eh, I just looked outside my window and that grass definitely isn't green. :P

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="tormentos"] Yeah because milking the consumer dry with xbox live and over priced add on is any better.tormentos
I love my xbox live. That is some nice milking :d

The fact that you love it in nothing change the fact that it is a rip off.

the fact that you think its a rip off doesnt change the fact that he loves it. and so does millions of other people who also has the psn as a viable option but choose not to buy the ps3 for it.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

I don't think they care what is good for the industry, just what's good for them, and the PSN hack was very good for them.

Demonjoe93
Exactly companies that cry to be affected are getting help by sony,i am sure that some of the biggest complainer probably don't have games on the top 10 most sales games on PSN.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

I love my xbox live. That is some nice milking :dracing1750
and remember ethernet cables, hdmi cables, usb cables, controllers headsets...etc all sell for under 10 bucks the official sony ones....:lol:

im sorry, is this the past or present?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-63f6895020e66

http://techgenie.com/latest/12-5-million-subscribers-for-microsoft-xbox-live-gold/ Now tell me that if Live was just $19.99 or $14.99 per full year,a hell or allot more people would be on it,and xbox live would have not only more new costumer but also a higher retention of the ones already on board.tormentos

For the third time, that's not the point. A market's health doesn't depend on how many people play online buton companies making money.Yes, I'm surethe amount subscribers would increase, but that doesn't mean increased profits.

Either way the so call damage PSN cause was because of stopping of the store,those games were not cancel and the people who wanted to buy those games a month ago,when they could not be release on PSN they would have probably buy them by now,it was just a delay.tormentos

Delays can make a lot of damage to companies, due to stock issues, productions schedules, and a lot of other things. So no, it's not "just a delay".

That without counting the actual money Sony lost (estimated aroung 170M).

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

But RROD is good for gaming?

give me a break, lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="racing1750"] I love my xbox live. That is some nice milking :dslvrraven9
The fact that you love it in nothing change the fact that it is a rip off.

the fact that you think its a rip off doesnt change the fact that he loves it. and so does millions of other people who also has the psn as a viable option but choose not to buy the ps3 for it.

There is a difference between loving something and having to support it because you don't have a choice. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27438904/would-you-pay-for-xbl-gold-if-online-play-was-free-poll Now i don't think that this sites represent the whole gaming community or anything even close,but there is allot more than 24 xbox live fans here,and look at the results of that poll,89% say they would not pay for gold if online play was included in xbox live silver. I am sure that MS also know this,that is why they don't give online play to silver members and instead add apps that are basically free every where including the other console as well,to try and justify the price and keep people paying.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

give me a break, lol.

ZoomZoom2490
Agree. Yeah PSN hack is bad but releasing a console with the highest % of fail rate on the market isn't,for a company like MS who like to play so much with number like 1 billion hours of xbox live stats,they should release a stat of how many hours gamers loss without actually playing their games,because they have to send their unit for repairs,many more than 1 time and many who had to wait for weeks and many more than a month without playing. The losses because those who had their unit been repair could not spent a single point buying on xbox live market place,because they were console less.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

PSN is ok even the damn Pentagon has loss sensitive information to hackers,MS is not different and millions of people have experience not only data theft,but also identity,and had their PC basically kill thanks to hackers and the biggest and most hacked software is Windows a MS products,trowing a jab at sony for PSN is silly MS has been putting data as risk from millions of computers before the PS was even born.tormentos
yeah sorry man but when a company basically is caught running their security off apple II's then its a very large embarrasment. Specially when it took them forever to let people know and then wouldn't give specific information and instead used words like maybe, may have and possibly but unlikely. Oh and http://psndowntime.com/They still haven't managed to get the network up as a whole yet.

Is worst when you pay for it and you can't sing in to play,like it happen with xbox live in 2007,oh it was the huge holiday traffic.. Which the company should have see and prevented,no system is safe from hackers,and xbox live is included and you know it,if MS had the most secure software no one in the world would have the need to have and anti virus on their PC,considering windows is MS #1 cash cow and biggest profit maker.

omg dude. xbl didnt go down in 2007-8 it was sketchy but the service still ran and people were still able to connect and play games....it was nowhere near comparable to the downtime of the psn
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

give me a break, lol.

Did he say it was? Stay on topic, plz.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ravensmash
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

give me a break, lol.

tormentos
Agree. Yeah PSN hack is bad but releasing a console with the highest % of fail rate on the market isn't,for a company like MS who like to play so much with number like 1 billion hours of xbox live stats,they should release a stat of how many hours gamers loss without actually playing their games,because they have to send their unit for repairs,many more than 1 time and many who had to wait for weeks and many more than a month without playing. The losses because those who had their unit been repair could not spent a single point buying on xbox live market place,because they were console less.

I fail to see how that negatively affects the gaming industry, when the industry has been growing.... I think tormentos, that you're looking at MS's comment in the wrong manner. They didn't say anything negative to Sony, or laugh in their faces - they expressed concern. And frankly, none of your points so far have related to the topic at hand, but are a rather thinly veiled attack on a system/company that you seem to detest.