Microsoft paying third parties not to show multiplats on PS4.

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

Two of our most trusted neoGAF insiders have said that Microsoft is reacting hard to what has went down, and so they're going to try to dismantle PS4's image as a "for gamers" console by paying publishers and devs to not show their multiplatform titles during E3 on a PS4. In other words, even if the multiplatform version is coming out for the PS4, they won't be able to show them at E3, thus contributing to the perception that somehow Sony is getting significantly less support for PS4 than Microsoft is "for gamers."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61504857&postcount=3110

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
What's the point of this place anymore? It seems everyone just posts neogaf stuff.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Just a rumor right now. If true, Microsoft is terrified of what Sony has to offer. 

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dream431ca

What's the point of this place anymore? It seems everyone just posts neogaf stuff.millerlight89

So, if an article pops up on IGN, we have to post on IGN to discuss it? 

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

"wo of our most trusted neoGAF insiders"

Yeah whatever :roll:

This is getting ridiculous

Microsoft have tones of money, Microsoft are the devil :P

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

What's the point of this place anymore? It seems everyone just posts neogaf stuff.millerlight89

Yup... we should be making our own stuff instead of being a NeoGAF highlights reel...

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

Just a rumor right now. If true, Microsoft is terrified of what Sony has to offer. 

dream431ca

I knew it'd come to this.  Dirty tricks.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]What's the point of this place anymore? It seems everyone just posts neogaf stuff.Rocker6

Yup... we should be making our own stuff instead of being a NeoGAF highlights reel...

Thanky you! I said this in another thread and everyone was whining about my whining

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if that kind of behaviour goes on. 

I consider that unethical. I believe that the product should stand alone on merit, instead of wangling a few devs to try and tarnish a competitor's image a little bit. 

Do I believe this is going on? I don't care. All I'm going to do is assess the systems by their merit, bullshit like this is so transparent, I have no problem seeing right through it. 

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

RR360DD

yeah the same ones that said 1080P might not be possible, and on the same page the 1080P 60FPS confirmation for Forza 5 is the slowest moving thread there.   They are butthurt from the DRM, blind hating, oh well, its over for PS4 and they know it, casuals are going to eat this x1 up and its going to be a hit.   They know it, and they hate it, and oh yeah, x1 will offer more games than Ps4, and better ones as well.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZoomZoom2490

ms is like a cornered animal right now, the beast will be defeated.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Mr720fan

yeah the same ones that said 1080P might not be possible, and on the same page the 1080P 60FPS confirmation for Forza 5 is the slowest moving thread there.   They are butthurt from the DRM, blind hating, oh well, its over for PS4 and they know it, casuals are going to eat this x1 up and its going to be a hit.   They know it, and they hate it, and oh yeah, x1 will offer more games than Ps4, and better ones as well.

joke of the year, its a hit, 10/10, 5/5, A+
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Bullshit. People are so pissed at Microsoft right now over the used games / Kinect crap that everyone is determined to make the ONE fail. Sadly Microsoft doesn't look like they need the help doing that. I don't believe any of these rumors anymore.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

If this is true its and all new low and any support i would have considered going to M$ will be cut.  It was a fun gen 360.. but you kinda let me down the last 2/3 years and Playstation is looking better and better. 

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dream431ca

ZoomZoom2490

Probably the most accurate statement I've heard thus far.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr720fan

Bullshit. People are so pissed at Microsoft right now over the used games / Kinect crap that everyone is determined to make the ONE fail. Sadly Microsoft doesn't look like they need the help doing that. I don't believe any of these rumors anymore.

timbers_WSU

gamers feel jaded, but really nothing has been confirmed, and I bet PS4 does the same thing but somehow they will get the pass?   They are trying to be heard which I respect, but in the end, the blind hating is going to poke them in the rear.    X1 is going to be a hit, and I predict it now.    but but the underclockzzzzzzzz

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

timbers_WSU

:lol: so much butthurt.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

I honestly wouldnt doubt it, I mean theyre in a tough spot, not many new core exclusives IPs to show and the console isnt exactly in the best light to gamers that arent xbox fanboys. They need w/e edge they can get. Gotta do what you gotta do.
It makes more sense to invest in new games and studios me thinks but hell, maybe this strategy will do something for them.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RR360DD

ZoomZoom2490

Uhhhh ... which is why Sony should be scared?lol

You don't want to corner an animal ... especially one that is bigger than you ;)

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mr720fan

I honestly wouldnt doubt it, I mean theyre in a tough spot, not many new core exclusives IPs to show and the console isnt exactly in the best light to gamers that arent xbox fanboys. They need w/e edge they can get. Gotta do what you gotta do.
It makes more sense to invest in new games and studios me thinks but hell, maybe this strategy will do something for them.

Shirokishi_

15 exclusives 8 new IP's confirmed...

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RR360DD

Shirokishi_

They're investing $1 billion in games :P

So you gotta think of some other way to bash them now

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Lol M$ shady, coward and evil as usual. But I don't think they need to do that since lems have proven to be dumb enough to fall for all their crap without having to trick them.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dream431ca

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

RR360DD

Throwing money around does nothing to solve anything. Microsoft has a lot money, but no brains.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

timbers_WSU
See?
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

RR360DD

1 billion on Kinect games and fantasy football.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

sucks for sony :(

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]What's the point of this place anymore? It seems everyone just posts neogaf stuff.Rocker6

Neogaf actually has inside sources. Gamespot is filled with fanboy basement dwellers, no offense.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

dream431ca

Throwing money around does nothing to solve anything. Microsoft has a lot money, but no brains.

Huh? I thought the biggest issue with MS was TEH NO GAEMZ :P

Now they have 15 coming in the first year (not including 3rd party exclusives / timed exclusives) and people still have issues lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Two of our most trusted neoGAF insiders have said that Microsoft is reacting hard to what has went down, and so they're going to try to dismantle PS4's image as a "for gamers" console by paying publishers and devs to not show their multiplatform titles during E3 on a PS4. In other words, even if the multiplatform version is coming out for the PS4, they won't be able to show them at E3, thus contributing to the perception that somehow Sony is getting significantly less support for PS4 than Microsoft is "for gamers."

ZoomZoom2490
LMAO!!! Trusted neoGAF insiders? Is that a JOKE or what? That is hilarious.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

RR360DD

lol i know so true...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

tinfoil-hat-2.jpg

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I have been saying it for awhile now... Microsoft is trying to buy a fanbase not earn one. They are really spitting in their fans faces by treating them like they are stupid. Problem is, it is ignorant of Microsoft to not see that most people can see right through the BS. I have always supported the Xbox. It is getting to the point where I am considering switching to MAC. Microsoft can try to bring the whole industry down, but I will not be a part of it.

When I told people that this was happening a couple days ago I was called a conspiracy theorist.

It is not hard to see... just look at all the times MS has mentioned the word BILLION/s in the past month. They are simply trying to flaunt money and act tough even though they are scrambling right now. You can throw around all the money you like, but if you can't build a solid fanbase it won't matter.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Until every attendee inevitably looks up from the booth and asks, "Will this be available for PS4 as well?"

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

dream431ca

Probably the dumbest statement I've heard all year.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mr720fan

thank god for those trusted neogaf sources lol

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

blackace

lol yeah E3 isnt even hit, lol, comical.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

RR360DD

Maybe I shouldve said "invest in new core IPs".
Im not trying to bash them but lets be honest here, they keep pushing out kinect stuff and thats not getting core gamers excited. Forza, Fable and Gears (Halos doing alright) have core fans but Microsoft put them to work to hard last gen, theyre already worn franchises that need new ideas.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dream431ca

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Now they have 15 coming in the first year (not including 3rd party exclusives / timed exclusives) and people still have issues lol

The games aren't the issue this time around. It's literately, everything else.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

dream431ca

why are you so sure SONY wont implement the same DRM?   

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Mr720fan

why are you so sure SONY wont implement the same DRM?   

Because they already said they won't.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Shirokishi_

Im not trying to bash them but lets be honest here, they keep pushing out kinect stuff and thats not getting core gamers excited. Forza, Fable and Gears (Halos doing alright) have core fans but Microsoft put them to work to hard last gen, theyre already worn franchises that need new ideas.

you know people do love the Kinect??????  is that ok with you?

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

ZoomZoom2490
Maybe this has to do with something called... "business"? The same way a game trailer on TV might say PS at the end?
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

blackace

How so? That is what they are acting like... (now if you said "the beast will be defeated" is the dumbest statement you have heard thus far... that would make more sense)

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
And I highly doubt it's to "dismantle" the PS4. They just want games shown on their system.
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Mr720fan

you know people do love the Kinect??????  is that ok with you?

Nobody loves Kinect. It was a gimmick like the Wii that people bought and stopped using after a week.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mr720fan

And I highly doubt it's to "dismantle" the PS4. They just want games shown on their system.ShaineTheNerd

but but trust neogaf insiders sayz so

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Microsoft buying press? Never! If it has any truth to it, it's a bit sad how much MS is shitting themselves over the PS4 though.