Microsoft is dedicated to gaming more than any other console......

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
Bottom line they are trying hard and have more in production than both Sony and Nintendo. They will continue to give gamers what they want, and the gap is going to get bigger and bigger. If they ever buyout Epic, thats just one move, they will continue to dedicate themselves to be the best. 2008 was supposed to be a down year in the gaming department even by my own ommission because of what a tremendous 2007 game showing. Well GDC proved me wrong, and I think E3 is going to be the biggest pull for Microsoft. You can kill MS all you want, but the bottom line is they are dedicating themselves to the point that they will be paramount in gaming. Thank you MS, you renewed the faith in the Lemming fan base once again. Please refrain from flaming, im just giving props to what I see is the best in the business.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

jose reyes, i like the mets this year johan santana :)

btw i kinda agree nintendo needs to fix online and sony is still worried about bluray

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
are you the lemming version of Renegade or something?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts
So dedicated that they screwed over millions of fans just to beat Sony out to the market, lost a few first party developers, and charge for an online service that should be free, give you a hardware peice that is lacking in features, after more than 2 years give everyone a huge $50 price drop on one model, and $20 on the other two models. Yea, they are so dedicated to giving fans the most out of any console.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox

are you the lemming version of Renegade or something? lawlessx

Renegade actualy posts links and news. Reyes just post his opinion on everything.

Vulcan110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vulcan110
Member since 2004 • 1456 Posts
repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
Thank you for Gear 2 in 2008
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]are you the lemming version of Renegade or something? Chutebox

Renegade actualy posts links and news. Reyes just post his opinion on everything.

good point.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Actually the Wii is more dedicated. The Wii just plays games. It has no DVD drive.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox

repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.Vulcan110

Yep. Like ripping gullible consumers off.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

Actually the Wii is more dedicated. The Wii just plays games. It has no DVD drive.dream431ca

and yet their online right now is terrible when gamers know thats the big thing for consoles atm

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

So dedicated that they screwed over millions of fans just to beat Sony out to the market, lost a few first party developers, and charge for an online service that should be free, give you a hardware peice that is lacking in features, and after more than 2 years give everyone a huge $50 price drop on one middle, and $20 on the other two models. Yea, they are so dedicated to giving fans the most out of any console.Chutebox

Ooooooh! Sweet Burn!!!!!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts
I agree
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
It is a well known fact that Sony produces more games for their system than anyone else. So your topic fails.
maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

Bottom line they are trying hard and have more in production than both Sony and Nintendo. They will continue to give gamers what they want, and the gap is going to get bigger and bigger. If they ever buyout Epic, thats just one move, they will continue to dedicate themselves to be the best. 2008 was supposed to be a down year in the gaming department even by my own ommission because of what a tremendous 2007 game showing. Well GDC proved me wrong, and I think E3 is going to be the biggest pull for Microsoft. You can kill MS all you want, but the bottom line is they are dedicating themselves to the point that they will be paramount in gaming. Thank you MS, you renewed the faith in the Lemming fan base once again. Please refrain from flaming, im just giving props to what I see is the best in the business. Reyes360

MSFT is dedicated to one thing, just like all businesses' are...

Use your imagination to figure it out.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
If microsoft was more dedicated to gaming. My 360 wouldn't have RROD.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
It is a well known fact that Sony produces more games for their system than anyone else. So your topic fails.Dilrod
so uh how many have they released on ps3?
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dream431ca

Bottom line they are trying hard and have more in production than both Sony and Nintendo. They will continue to give gamers what they want, and the gap is going to get bigger and bigger. If they ever buyout Epic, thats just one move, they will continue to dedicate themselves to be the best. 2008 was supposed to be a down year in the gaming department even by my own ommission because of what a tremendous 2007 game showing. Well GDC proved me wrong, and I think E3 is going to be the biggest pull for Microsoft. You can kill MS all you want, but the bottom line is they are dedicating themselves to the point that they will be paramount in gaming. Thank you MS, you renewed the faith in the Lemming fan base once again. Please refrain from flaming, im just giving props to what I see is the best in the business. Reyes360

Too bad my PC can play 95% of all 360 exclusives....

Vulcan110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vulcan110

[QUOTE="Vulcan110"]repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.Chutebox

would they have fixed it for free then if they had planned to rip off there consumers? I know for a fact sony didnt fix the 3 ps2 i went through.

The ideal idea is that the rrod problem is a result of launching first. Seems like its been a trend lately. At least microsoft makes it right you know.

Bdking57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bdking57
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts

and it plays them on a microsoft operating system correct?

[QUOTE="Reyes360"]Bottom line they are trying hard and have more in production than both Sony and Nintendo. They will continue to give gamers what they want, and the gap is going to get bigger and bigger. If they ever buyout Epic, thats just one move, they will continue to dedicate themselves to be the best. 2008 was supposed to be a down year in the gaming department even by my own ommission because of what a tremendous 2007 game showing. Well GDC proved me wrong, and I think E3 is going to be the biggest pull for Microsoft. You can kill MS all you want, but the bottom line is they are dedicating themselves to the point that they will be paramount in gaming. Thank you MS, you renewed the faith in the Lemming fan base once again. Please refrain from flaming, im just giving props to what I see is the best in the business. dream431ca

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Vulcan110"]repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.Vulcan110

would they have fixed it for free then if they had planned to rip off there consumers? I know for a fact sony didnt fix the 3 ps3 i went through.

The ideal idea is that the rrod problem is a result of launching first. Seems like its been a trend lately. At least microsoft makes it right you know.

Yea...I'm going to believe you.

Most of the 360s they fix die faster than the original ones. And 360s 3 year anniversary is coming up this year. Those warranties are going to be done. Then what?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
God bless micropayments, gotta love M$.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
Microsoft is dedicated to making money.
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 donwoogie

repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.Vulcan110

Warranty extensions only after a massive amount of attempted warranty replacements and the media made a fiasco out of it.

Warranty extensions that should never had to be made int he first place if they hadn't rushed production of the console.

Online content that you have to pay for when online gaming should be free.

Selling their system at a loss which every console does with the exception of the Wii.

Offering developers the glorious chance to work with XNA whilst cutting the pay of Indie developers by 50%

Dedicated to overpriced movie RENTALS

Exactly what things beyond gaming are they dedicated to? An overpriced HD-DVD addon which is now useless.

Oh, and I own an Xbox360, so no I'm not a fanboy, just an irritated customer.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Vulcan110"]repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.Vulcan110

would they have fixed it for free then if they had planned to rip off there consumers? I know for a fact sony didnt fix the 3 ps2 i went through.

You went through 3 ps2?

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

[QUOTE="Reyes360"]Bottom line they are trying hard and have more in production than both Sony and Nintendo. They will continue to give gamers what they want, and the gap is going to get bigger and bigger. If they ever buyout Epic, thats just one move, they will continue to dedicate themselves to be the best. 2008 was supposed to be a down year in the gaming department even by my own ommission because of what a tremendous 2007 game showing. Well GDC proved me wrong, and I think E3 is going to be the biggest pull for Microsoft. You can kill MS all you want, but the bottom line is they are dedicating themselves to the point that they will be paramount in gaming. Thank you MS, you renewed the faith in the Lemming fan base once again. Please refrain from flaming, im just giving props to what I see is the best in the business. dream431ca

stop trying to be sig'd :lol:
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chikenfriedrice
if the 360 wasnt here gaming would really suck right now
Vulcan110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vulcan110
[QUOTE="Vulcan110"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Vulcan110"]repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.Chutebox

would they have fixed it for free then if they had planned to rip off there consumers? I know for a fact sony didnt fix the 3 ps3 i went through.

Most of the 360s they fix die faster than the original ones. And 360s 3 year anniversary is coming up this year. Those warranties are going to be done. Then what?

Not my warrenty, i got a new console and my warrenty lasts until jan 2009.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Vulcan110"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Not my warrenty, i got a new console and my warrenty lasts until jan 2009.

So you get a whole extra 2 months more than people who bought it when it was released. It's still BS.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
Lol, no they are not. Nintendo is if anything.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dream431ca

if the 360 wasnt here gaming would really suck right nowchikenfriedrice

Not true.

Vulcan110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vulcan110

[QUOTE="Vulcan110"]repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.donwoogie

Warranty extensions only after a massive amount of attempted warranty replacements and the media made a fiasco out of it.

Warranty extensions that should never had to be made int he first place if they hadn't rushed production of the console.

Selling their system at a loss which every console does with the exception of the Wii.

Offering developers the glorious chance to work with XNA whilst cutting the pay of Indie developers by 50%

Exactly what things beyond gaming are they dedicated to? An overpriced HD-DVD addon which is now useless.

If it wasent for the early push they wouldnt be the best console for gaming according to games library.

$7 A MONTH IS NOT THAT MUCH OMFG i dont even have a job and i sweat $7 dollars. Most ppl make that in a hour dude, and you are getting premium services what more do you want, owe you want it free. Go play ps3 online then seriously, stop complaining abuout this. You can only beat the horse so long b/f you hand starts getting tired.

So go to blockbuster then, the feature is for those that like to not go anywhere exspecially if its snowy and the roads are icy, even at that you could use directV. agian you get what you pay for.

Blue ray 360's are comming soon. then what will sony do, announce killzone3?

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
if the 360 wasnt here gaming would really suck right nowchikenfriedrice
Lol so i guess we didn't get along just fine during the N64/PSX generation or even the NES/SNES generations. Also considering the original xbox game library sucked with only a few good titles. if the 360 wasn't here than all its games would be PC exclusive.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Microsoft in the gaming industry is kind of good and bad. I'm glad for the competition, because that keeps Sony tightened up, as well as Microsoft. The reason Microsoft in the gaming industry is bad is because they have enough money to do whatever they want. If Microsoft was a no-name company that released a console with a 33% failure rate, do you think they'd still be in the game? No. It's like gamers have overlooked the 360 for being insanely faulty this gen, and even alligned themselves so much with Microsoft that they actually defend their RROD, and making you pay to play online. Not to mention, Microsoft can buy GTA4 exclusive content, and can afford to ink a 2-game deal with Epic to make Gears 1 and 2 exclusive to the 360. Not to say Sony couldnt, they probably could, but Microsoft's pockets are much deeper. I admit, I do love the 360. When I got mine, I was in love with it, wanting to buy all kinds of Xbox 360 accessories and games. Then, my 360 broke. (91 days after purchase, and then again 10 months later.) And the customer support was a joke. It was absolutely terrible and they were all clueless. That put a bad taste in my mouth, and then I realised the 360 wasnt the only great console to get, and wasnt worth keep putting money into. It's ok, but it's not worth the trouble and dissapointment to be playing a game only to have it RROD. Maybe if I was unable to buy a PS3 I would be more tolerant of my 360, but seeing as there is a reliable and fun PS3 on the market, I see no reason to bother with 360's loop-holes of "pay for this" and "pay for that" with ridiculously priced accessories (64 MB memory card for 30 bucks). I dont hate the 360, but I dont think Microsoft was dedicated to any thing other than another dollar when they rushed the 360 to market. Not to say Sony or Nintendo is dedicated to me, but at least they put out a quality product. Dont flame me, this is all my opinion and personal experince, your's might be totally different. That's just my experince, and that is why I know for myself Microsoft isnt dedicated to gaming.
Vulcan110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vulcan110

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]if the 360 wasnt here gaming would really suck right nowFF6fan
Lol so i guess we didn't get along just fine during the N64/PSX generation or even the NES/SNES generations. Also considering the original xbox game library sucked with only a few good titles. if the 360 wasn't here than all its games would be PC exclusive.

That is the #1 reason why halo is so great! it saved the system literally and lit a fire under sony and nintedo's butts.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 donwoogie
[QUOTE="donwoogie"]

If it wasent for the early push they wouldnt be the best console for gaming according to games library.

$7 A MONTH IS NOT THAT MUCH OMFG i dont even have a job and i sweat $7 dollars. Most ppl make that in a hour dude, and you are getting premium services what more do you want, owe you want it free. Go play ps3 online then seriously, stop complaining abuout this. You can only beat the horse so long b/f you hand starts getting tired.

So go to blockbuster then, the feature is for those that like to not go anywhere exspecially if its snowy and the roads are icy, even at that you could use directV. agian you get what you pay for.

Best in terms of sales, (for the moment), not in terms of value in long run

$7? PC games have been free online for donkey's years. If I woke up one day and found out that all games henceforth online costed money, I'd probably stop playing.

Blockbuster? what are you? 65? lovefilm.com? gamefly? to name 2. There are plenty of post order and download film services cheaper.

Also, you comment about Blu-Ray 360s then make a joke about me arguing with Killzone 3? bit of a paradox in that arguement there what with your massive speculation about Blu-Ray 360s then incinuating I would speculate on Killzone 3 then mocking me in advance of it.................... weird......................

Oh, and now you say you are unemployed yet in a previous post you rebuted to another poster that you were a very well paid contractor! Well how can anyone belive you now!? I rest my case your honour!

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
So dedicated to console gaming they put all their great exclusives on the PC as well! ... wait, what?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

An overpriced HD-DVD addon which is now useless.

donwoogie

I was aware that HD DVDs no longer work in the addon.

Does the player explode after a certain amount of time too since the format is dead?

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="donwoogie"]

See, it's people that are this irrational that kill me. Xbox Live isnt just about $7 bucks a month, it's about the principle. You dont pay for the "premium" service (that wasnt so premium during Christmas), you pay to play online, which every other console including handhelds can do. Besides, if you want to pay for a year, you dont pay monthly, you have to spend $50 dollars (for what could have went towards a game) on the ability to play a game online. There wont be any Blu Ray 360's, there might be an add on, but Microsoft has already said they were dissapointed with the sales of the HDDVD add on, and have no plans for a Blu add on. Look that up on N4G.com. And you said, "if it wasnt for the early push they wouldnt be the best console for gaming according to games library" - well duh. That's why they did it. That's why the rushed a console to market, and when console makers rush a faulty console to launch just for market position, that's the most obvious sign that the console maker you've chosen really gives a little crap about you enjoying their product, and more so about spending money on it.

Vulcan110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vulcan110
[QUOTE="Vulcan110"][QUOTE="donwoogie"]

[QUOTE="Vulcan110"]repairing there mistakes for free and adding warrenty exstentions, constant new xboxlive content, online tourneys, selling there system at a loss. Offering developers the glorious chance with XNA. There dedicated to alot of things far beyond gaming.donwoogie

$7? PC games have been free online for donkey's years. If I woke up one day and found out that all games henceforth online costed money, I'd probably stop playing.

Blockbuster? what are you? 65? lovefilm.com? gamefly? to name 2. There are plenty of post order and download film services cheaper.

Also, you comment about Blu-Ray 360s then make a joke about me arguing with Killzone 3? bit of a paradox in that arguement there what with your massive speculation about Blu-Ray 360s then incinuating I would speculate on Killzone 3 then mocking me in advance of it.................... weird......................

Oh, and now you say you are unemployed yet in a previous post you rebuted to another poster that you were a very well paid contractor! Well how can anyone belive you now!? I rest my case your honour!

Who's talking about the pc & sometimes you have to lie to keep stupid ppl at bay.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 donwoogie
[QUOTE="donwoogie"][QUOTE="Vulcan110"][QUOTE="donwoogie"]

Who's talking about the pc & sometimes you have to lie to keep stupid ppl at bay.

Precisely! Which is what I've been doing to you, and I apologise for it. I WAS going to bring up Killzone 3!!!

Reyes36o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Reyes36o
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Microsoft for life!
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts
Firstly XNA is not a glorious chance for indie devs. it is actually a kick in the teeth. MS used XNA to cut the royalties that indie dev. get on Live published games inclding XNA titles. On top of that all devsn are charged a fee to have their titles published on XBLA. So basically what was once an avenue for indie devs. to start building a new studio is now going to be an oversaturated crap game fest. And now that Sony has released their dev tools for free your going to see more indie devs go to the PS3. Btw Gears 2w doesn't change the fact that Sony is going to have a better year both sales and gamewise than MS
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

Sorry, but Nintendo takes that title. MS and Sony both love to preach their ideals of multimedia and advanced technology, but when it comes down to it, Nintendo is the only one that is focusing on pure gaming and enjoyment for us gamers. I'll admit that MS has done some good for us, like XBL, but when you feature in things like RRoD, charging $50 for online, and creating the most unreliable hardware ever (Once it arrives, I'll be on my 2nd 360, not because of the RRoD, but in fact because the console itself is so flimsy and the disk drive broke), it's hard to see how they're dedicated. IF they were, they wouldn't have rushed their console and instead they would've made sure their console was reliable and ready for the consumer.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chikenfriedrice

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]if the 360 wasnt here gaming would really suck right nowFF6fan

did u read RIGHT NOW!! as in this gen

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 carljohnson3456

[QUOTE="FF6fan"][QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]if the 360 wasnt here gaming would really suck right nowchikenfriedrice

did u read RIGHT NOW!! as in this gen

His point was that you're wrong. If there was no 360 Bioshock would have went to PC, PS3, or Wii. If there was no 360, Gears would have went to PC, PS3, or Wii. It's not like the 360 is the savior of gaming platforms, it's that they buy, or develope the rights to franchises.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]It is a well known fact that Sony produces more games for their system than anyone else. So your topic fails.zero9167
so uh how many have they released on ps3?

Quite a bit actually. Almost evey PSN store game is developed by Sony and also a good dozen games already released on retail.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
you lose. like it or not, nintendo is really the only company that is specifically focused only on gaming.
turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]are you the lemming version of Renegade or something? lawlessx

good point.

They're both just as bad.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts
[QUOTE="donwoogie"]

i dont know where you guys buy your xbox live gold membership from, but i hope you know that you can get the 13 month membership card at any retailer for $50. thats like $3.85/month