Microsoft has officially angered me for the first time

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
So I bought a 1400 hundred point card and was excited as ever to get home and buy Mega Man 9 and the Legendary map pack. Guess what though, my Xbox accoutn has compatibility issues...

My account says I live in America, I didn't bother changing this from my outdated email because I figured I'd be able to do it any time like on any other email. I also gave false information on my email which is 7 years old because at the time I never gave out real information, I trusted no one like I was told by everyone.

Now I can't add a 1400 MS point card, I gotta buy cards from America now...Why the hell can't I change my country? The service rep says I just can't. I said, but my 12 month gold card worked fine and she said you might have gotten lucky. I'm left with these problems

1. I'll never get to play Mega Man 9 unless Capcom realeases a disc version
2. I'll never be able to get anything with MS points including Rock Band DLC
3. I'll never be able to buy anything off of Xbox Live
4. I'll have to be careful when I buy new gold live cards
5. I may have to just make a new account and lose all my gamerscore and friends
6. I need to update my shipping info and don't know how

Some of you call me fanboy, well this is just crap. I hate this problem and the fact that I can't change my country to a country which has less features then America makes no sense to me.

EDIT: I'm not the only one

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts
I never gave out real information...Toriko42
That's the problem.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
don't you think you caused the problem though? Why don't you call them up and see how you can solve it.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I never gave out real information...organic_machine
That's the problem.

That's bull though, I was 7. Which 7 year old gives out all their information when you're told not too.

I can change my country on my Apple TV which has tons of licensing stuff...I bought a gold account card here that worked fine so why not MS point cards.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Toriko42
don't you think you caused the problem though? Why don't you call them up and see how you can solve it.too_much_eslim
I can't, they can't change the country. I have to get a new account.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]don't you think you caused the problem though? Why don't you call them up and see how you can solve it.Toriko42

question you have a japanes 360 or a US one?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]don't you think you caused the problem though? Why don't you call them up and see how you can solve it.too_much_eslim

I bought my 360 in Canada, if there is only a distinction between Japan and US I guess it's a US one. It's NTSC.

Do gold account cards work in both Canada and America? I know MS point cards are specific but my gold card didn't fuss...
teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts

you can actually get points for your account. I don't live in America or any other country where you can purchase points online or through a card. So I went to this website called microsoftpointsxbox. They are a little more expensive, but they will work, that's how I've gotten some of my XBLA games.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I don't think MS is to blame here...
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts
[QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]I never gave out real information...Toriko42
That's the problem.

That's bull though, I was 7. Which 7 year old gives out all their information when you're told not too.

That's what parents are for. Why do you think all those advertisements say "must be 18 or older to call?"
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toriko42

you can actually get points for your account. I don't live in America or any other country where you can purchase points online or through a card. So I went to this website called microsoftpointsxbox. They are a little more expensive, but they will work, that's how I've gotten some of my XBLA games.

teufelherz
I've heard I can make a canadian account, add ms points to that and play with that.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toriko42
I don't think MS is to blame here... white_sox
Well why can't I change my country to a country with less options then America...that makes no sense to me. I have to make a new account then, now why can't I at least export my friends list and gamerscore over.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]don't you think you caused the problem though? Why don't you call them up and see how you can solve it.Toriko42

I bought my 360 in Canada, if there is only a distinction between Japan and US I guess it's a US one. It's NTSC.

Do gold account cards work in both Canada and America? I know MS point cards are specific but my gold card didn't fuss...

I would assume so. Um if you know your old email address you can your account information. You will need it to access your account mangement.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="teufelherz"]

Toriko42
I've heard I can make a canadian account, add ms points to that and play with that.

That would probaly be teh best thing to do. You will still have acces to the stuff since it will be on your hard drive.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]don't you think you caused the problem though? Why don't you call them up and see how you can solve it.too_much_eslim

I would assume so. Um if you know your old email address you can your account information. You will need it to access your account mangement.

So if I buy a xbox live gold card in Canada and use it on my American account it'll work right. It did the first time.

That is my biggest worry
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Just make a new email and Gamertag with the country you need, download the the game and play it on your other profile and for the xbox live gold just buy from a local game store or amazon ect
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"]I don't think MS is to blame here... Toriko42
Well why can't I change my country to a country with less options then America...that makes no sense to me. I have to make a new account then, now why can't I at least export my friends list and gamerscore over.

Maybe, but the fact that you put fraudelent information and know your account is incompatible isn't really MS' fault. Anyways, try calling xbox support again and ask for a supervisor, threaten to sell your account and how useless it would become to you. Also, have you got the RROD and if so did MS repair your console?
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"]question you have a japanes 360 or a US one?Toriko42

So if I buy a xbox live gold card in Canada and use it on my American account it'll work right. It did the first time.

That is my biggest worry

I don't know. i don't want to give you the wrong answer.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="white_sox"]I don't think MS is to blame here... white_sox

Maybe, but the fact that you put fraudelent information and know your account is incompatible isn't really MS' fault. Anyways, try calling xbox support again and ask for a supervisor, threaten to sell your account and how useless it would become to you. Also, have you got the RROD and if so did MS repair your console?

Never had RROD but I believe my shipping adress is right, I changed it under my registration of the console.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toriko42
Just make a new email and Gamertag with the country you need, download the the game and play it on your other profile and for the xbox live gold just buy from a local game store or amazon ectEnglandfc1966
Xbox live gold cards work with both american and canadian accounts?
teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="teufelherz"]

too_much_eslim

That would probaly be teh best thing to do. You will still have acces to the stuff since it will be on your hard drive.

Well yes. I just pointed out to this option because the network can actually tell that the IP I'm using is in a country other than the ones you can purchase points from. So it doesn't matter if I make a Candian, American, European or any other account, it somehow knows I'm not in one of those countries and stores don't sell cards here, so I'm left with that option or Amazon (which will make it even more expensive since I have to pay for shipping). So now you know there is another option, I wanted Ikaruga that badly ;)

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toriko42

Well yes. I just pointed out to this option because the network can actually tell that the IP I'm using is in a country other than the ones you can purchase points from. So it doesn't matter if I make a Candian, American, European or any other account, it somehow knows I'm not in one of those countries and stores don't sell cards here, so I'm left with that option or Amazon (which will make it even more expensive since I have to pay for shipping). So now you know there is another option, I wanted Ikaruga that badly ;)

teufelherz
Ok, but what about xbox live gold. Xbox live gold cards work with both american and canadian accounts right? I bought a canadian gold live card and it worked fine with my american account. I bought the card in Canada.
smack_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smack_masta
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
[QUOTE="teufelherz"]

Toriko42
Ok, but what about xbox live gold. Xbox live gold cards work with both american and canadian accounts right? I bought a canadian gold live card and it worked fine with my american account. I bought the card in Canada.

Yes, they work for both. I have an American console but used my old Canadian adress but still got Gold to work which was an American card. But the points don't work so just make an alternative account, download it from there and then play on your main profile.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

what part of region locked did you not understand when setting up your account?

next time you spend hundreds of dollars on something you might want to read the manual and TOS ;). it sucks you're in this situation, but you have nobody to blame but yourself unfortunately.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

what part of region locked did you not understand when setting up your account?

next time you spend hundreds of dollars on something you might want to read the manual and TOS ;). it sucks you're in this situation, but you have nobody to blame but yourself unfortunately.

3picuri3

But it's a console.. ease of use.. not going through all those manuals and stuff.. pick up and play? What happened to that? :|

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts
dude. this is not M$'s fault.
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

Why not make a new GT and buy stuff off that GT?

It should work. You should still be able to play the game/DLC off your old account.

MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
Definatley not Microsofts fault.
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

How is this Microsofts fault?

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
I say make a new email account with your real info, then make a new XBL account and then add all your friends to your new XBL account...honestly who cares about your gamerscore.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Toriko42
you guys have been great in solving my problem, something MS failed at

I'm gonna do this alternate account, onec I go to the store tomorrow and see if they accept the return. and thanks for answering my question about gold cards
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
ps3- no region lock ftw
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
why not just make a new XBL account?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Make a new account. Problem solved. Run your old one for online games until your Gold subscription runs out and then get it for your new account... or just use a credit card.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Toriko42
Make a new account. Problem solved. Run your old one for online games until your Gold subscription runs out and then get it for your new account... or just use a credit card.foxhound_fox
well the xbl gold cards are universal for NTSC consoles, just point cards are region
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

sorry you were 7? so how old are you now?

I cant believe I talk to people of that age here in SW. any adults here?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Btw it's a good thing You didn't put up the right information, and i recommend You keep at it as much as You can. This is just one of those times You won't get away with lying about everything if You want their deal. Anyway, i do it all the time as well, so i understand Your point of view.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

And yet if some form of fraud happened because the measures weren't not in place.......MS is then at fault for not having them...

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
Umm. the info that people warn you to not give out..... is your address, and city.... Good look finding someone, whos name we know not.... in all of a single country... so... just make a new account... lost gamer points isn't that big of a deal. OR call M$ again, and complain and complain till they make a firmware thingy changen that stuff....
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Toriko42
I'm fine as long as Xbox live gold cards work in both Canda and America, the point cards I can use an alternate account.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Then get a new account. Who cares? You'll still be able to use what you have. Sure your gamesaves and Achievements are gone, but it gives you an excuse to go back through all of your old games.

if you don't want to do that ask the nice people on Xbox Customer Support to add the card over the phone

mikhail_tisoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 mikhail_tisoy
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
hey dude why dont u just make a new xboxlive account and buy it their?
iesexywarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 iesexywarden
Member since 2005 • 723 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I never gave out real information...organic_machine
That's the problem.

not really, remember that huge xbox hacking problem where hackers were getting acounts thru some glitch..he was probably worried?

-i dont own a x360, but cant you just make a new account put ur region in whereever u live (so it works with card), then once u dl it to hardrive its on ur other acount? It works with ps3 (like if i want to buy something from another countrys store)..but theorically shouldnt this work for you? give it a try, im thinking it will work

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Solution: Make a new account, download Mega Man 9, play it, enjoy.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Toriko42
Solution: Make a new account, download Mega Man 9, play it, enjoy.Aljosa23
I plan to do this if EB won't let me return the points. I don't want to screw it up if I don't have to.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
you should have put your real imformation on
Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Its your fault for giving false information.
mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts

So I bought a 1400 hundred point card and was excited as ever to get home and buy Mega Man 9 and the Legendary map pack. Guess what though, my Xbox accoutn has compatibility issues...

My account says I live in America, I didn't bother changing this from my outdated email because I figured I'd be able to do it any time like on any other email. I also gave false information on my email which is 7 years old because at the time I never gave out real information, I trusted no one like I was told by everyone.

Now I can't add a 1400 MS point card, I gotta buy cards from America now...Why the hell can't I change my country? The service rep says I just can't. I said, but my 12 month gold card worked fine and she said you might have gotten lucky. I'm left with these problems

1. I'll never get to play Mega Man 9 unless Capcom realeases a disc version
2. I'll never be able to get anything with MS points including Rock Band DLC
3. I'll never be able to buy anything off of Xbox Live
4. I'll have to be careful when I buy new gold live cards
5. I may have to just make a new account and lose all my gamerscore and friends
6. I need to update my shipping info and don't know how

Some of you call me fanboy, well this is just crap. I hate this problem and the fact that I can't change my country to a country which has less features then America makes no sense to me.

EDIT: I'm not the only one

Toriko42

create a silver account with your real information, use the points, purchase whatever you want on the silver account, use your gold account with your purchase