MGS4 : That game cost more than 5 times ...

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

Because of it's pathetic install-base,Konami will probably end up taking a loss on MGS4 and be forced to port it to 360 and PC.

3rd party exclusives are a thing of the past on Sony consoles.

insomnia37

you do know that konami needed to sell 1 mill on the 1st day to break even on dev cost. Now they're up to 3 mill in 2 weeks, I think it's pretty safe to say that MGS4 will not appear on another console

Thats what cows said about MGS2 and 3.You just keep telling yourself that.

[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

Because of it's pathetic install-base,Konami will probably end up taking a loss on MGS4 and be forced to port it to 360 and PC.

GabeNewellsPie

you do know that konami needed to sell 1 mill on the 1st day to break even on dev cost. Now they're up to 3 mill in 2 weeks, I think it's pretty safe to say that MGS4 will not appear on another console

MGS3:snake eater and MGS3:Subsistence were exclusive to the PS2, but nice try tho LMAO

BTW xbox exclusives?? Nope!! since they usually end up on the pc anywayz(halo:CE, Halo2, GeoW, fable, jade empire, ME and more to come) and we can safely say a PC is more realiable than the 360. LOL

Sigh...just another guy trying to become a cow. Stop trying to seem superior to the TC, because your statement is definitley not better than his. Your just stating what other people have said in this thread except the xbox exclusives part. No one has mentioned xbox exclusives, so where did that come from? Go back to the PS3 forum because you're definitely not fit for system wars.

On Topic; TC, like everyone has said, let it go. Let the cows have MGS4...they deserve it. And even if it did, there aren't much lemmings that have much patients to sit through those cutscenes. Lemmings sitting through 20mins cutscenes is like a 5 year old kid staying in the same spot to watch the weather channel.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
oh no
Avatar image for norfliver_basic
norfliver_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 norfliver_basic
Member since 2002 • 2069 Posts

Lol to TC............TC is just another bitter lems who can afford one console and can do nothing but waiting for 360 port annoucement ..........

Anyway, MGS4 sold 3 million. Konami, SONY & even GS confirm this...........

Foxhound_spy

You will see that profits are down with Konami and then, you'll see what happens...

By the way i'm PCWII, doing a major in finance.

In other news, i've just beaten No more heroes, what a game ;) !

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
I love the way people think they are smarter than these companies which probably have dozens of professionals that can work out all of this.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
Ohh nooooos, the corporations moneys!!! Oh wait, I bought the game already so who cares.
pappa-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pappa-ray
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

GabeNewellsPie

MGS3 isin't on any console but the PS2. :|

And to put it on the 360, Kojima productions would have to removie alot of material.

Remove what exactly?Lossles audio,thats about it.At least the 360 version would get decent textures.

you have absolutely no idea.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I love the way people think they are smarter than these companies which probably have dozens of professionals that can work out all of this.p4ddym

what he said

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
I believe the TC is confused. He thinks MGS4 made only 3.4 million dollars. Thats what the 5 times more is about. TC, it is 3.4 million GAMES. thats 3.4 millionx60 dollars per game=204 million dollars. It is safe to say, they made a hefty profit on the game, and thats only after 2 weeks.
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

Kahuna_1

When did they say that? :? |I'm pretty sure you cant break even on just 1 million sales.

How much do you think MGS4 cost to make? 200 million? 1 million X $60=60,000,000...and I did not even mention the LE sales.

Most games don't need near that much to break even. Million sellers are what devs dream of, its not an "oh dear, we only sold 1 million, FAIL" its a "Holy crap, we sold a million, hi-five!"

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Now, let's say that MGS4 sold 2 millions (to date), and is up to sell 3,4 millions, it still won't help Konami because they won't have the same profits as the last one (MGS3) and their fiscal year !

norfliver_basic

What? Why would they need the same profits? MGS4 isn't their only game :|
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
[QUOTE="norfliver_basic"]

Now, let's say that MGS4 sold 2 millions (to date), and is up to sell 3,4 millions, it still won't help Konami because they won't have the same profits as the last one (MGS3) and their fiscal year !

Taalon

And profits down? What do you think was happening to Take2 before GTA4 released? And after? OMG PROFITS UP!?! They've released a game thats met near universal acclaim that is selling like crazy. A game that was not on sale a month ago. A series that was not on sale a YEAR ago. A series that is now bundled with the PS3 worldwide. And you (TC) think Konami's profits are down

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts
[QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="norfliver_basic"]

mbrockway

And profits down? What do you think was happening to Take2 before GTA4 released? And after? OMG PROFITS UP!?! They've released a game thats met near universal acclaim that is selling like crazy. A game that was not on sale a month ago. A series that was not on sale a YEAR ago. A series that is now bundled with the PS3 worldwide. And you (TC) think Konami's profits are down

I don't think he has any understanding of business :|
paulwall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 paulwall1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
The game will keep selling. It's bundled with the only ps3 with B/C so it must continue selling. Almost every 2 ps3 systems sold mgs4 will sell 1 until they stop the bundle.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

norfliver_basic

oh I get it now.....and here I thought you were guessing :roll:

The game comes out and after 2 weeks you guys are ready to roll out your crystal balls? It's the fastest selling Metal Gear game ever. It has sold faster than Gears Of War! I guess you have the same thoughts with Epic and their exclusiveness with Gears of War and X360 right?

At the end of the year this game could very well be above 5 million sales. Remember, this is the slow season for games. It'll get another boost of sales when the 4th qtr comes along. Wow, look at that I used my crystal ball to own yours.

Avatar image for williamjuly2004
williamjuly2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 williamjuly2004
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts
hold on!! the question is the topic poster still has no links proving that MGS4 cost 5 times more than a normal nex gen game!! and I like to point does anyone know what the average cost of making a nex gen game??? I hardly doubt companies post how much they spend on making there games like Cod4.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

hold on!! the question is the topic poster still has no links proving that MGS4 cost 5 times more than a normal nex gen game!! and I like to point does anyone know what the average cost of making a nex gen game??? I hardly doubt companies post how much they spend on making there games like Cod4.williamjuly2004

I agree but if you read his posts further down he explains he means they are losing revenue because MGS4 hasn't sold as much as MGS3 sold in it's lifetime. The Lems point of view is if he doesn't release it to the X360, they lose money. It's like self ownage though because he is complaining about a game that has been out for only a couple weeks.......then compares it to a game that has been out for years. I sure hope the sales would greater for the game that has been out for years on a console that had 120 million user base. The fact that MGS4 has sold so much makes his statment complete nonsense.

Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
[QUOTE="norfliver_basic"]

MGS:SE who sold about 3,4 millions.

How will Konami explain those atrocious numbers for their fiscal year ?

Revenues can be somewhat the same but profits will take a huge drop, thanks to Sony !

CJL182

Sales of MGS4 have almost matched sales of MGS3 in two weeks and on a system with a MUCH smaller user base at the time of the game's release.

Yes, but the reason for that is because the ps3 has a bunch of crappy first party games, and only ONE good one (exclusive) and so everyone has to buy it. PS2 had tones of good game, and the choice was more varied, thus lower sales.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

MGS:SE who sold about 3,4 millions.

How will Konami explain those atrocious numbers for their fiscal year ?

Revenues can be somewhat the same but profits will take a huge drop, thanks to Sony !

norfliver_basic

\

even if it was on every platform ever made the profits would still take a huge drop.

Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts

So if it stays on PS3 Konami will have loses and think about porting to 360?

So what covers the cost of the dev time to redo the game to run on the 360s architecture?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I believe the TC is confused. He thinks MGS4 made only 3.4 million dollars. Thats what the 5 times more is about. TC, it is 3.4 million GAMES. thats 3.4 millionx60 dollars per game=204 million dollars. It is safe to say, they made a hefty profit on the game, and thats only after 2 weeks.mazdero
umm I think you are as confused as he is. $60 does not go straight to the gaming company.

MGS has sold very well and I have no doubt that it will continue to. However, it cost BIG bucks to make and while I'm sure it will turn a decent profit I don't think it will earn mega bucks for Konami because of its production costs.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I love fanboys. Once upon a time MGS4 wasn't even going to sell one million on PS3.

Now they are proven wrong cause it sold 3 million. They don't know what to do with themselves.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I love fanboys. Once upon a time MGS4 wasn't even going to sell one million on PS3.

Now they are proven wrong cause it sold 3 million. They don't know what to do with themselves.

Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts

Sure you have to factor in production costs and marketing fees, but I wouldnt doubt that alot of that money gets kicked back to Konami.

[QUOTE="mazdero"]I believe the TC is confused. He thinks MGS4 made only 3.4 million dollars. Thats what the 5 times more is about. TC, it is 3.4 million GAMES. thats 3.4 millionx60 dollars per game=204 million dollars. It is safe to say, they made a hefty profit on the game, and thats only after 2 weeks.blue_hazy_basic

umm I think you are as confused as he is. $60 does not go straight to the gaming company.

MGS has sold very well and I have no doubt that it will continue to. However, it cost BIG bucks to make and while I'm sure it will turn a decent profit I don't think it will earn mega bucks for Konami because of its production costs.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Sure you have to factor in production costs and marketing fees, but I wouldnt doubt that alot of that money gets kicked back to Konami.

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="mazdero"]I believe the TC is confused. He thinks MGS4 made only 3.4 million dollars. Thats what the 5 times more is about. TC, it is 3.4 million GAMES. thats 3.4 millionx60 dollars per game=204 million dollars. It is safe to say, they made a hefty profit on the game, and thats only after 2 weeks.Vasichko

and shipping and fees to sony and the store taking its cut. Not that I'm saying I know exactly how much they get....
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

These kind of topics are pointless. No one here knows how much this game cost to make and what fees are involved etc.... Lemmings need get over it already the games a 10 here and 9 Overall with a collection of review scores.

If you want the game so bad stop being a fanboy and buy a PS3, remember Lemmings how you say that to PS3 owners when in regards to certain 360/PC onnly games.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

[QUOTE="mazdero"]I believe the TC is confused. He thinks MGS4 made only 3.4 million dollars. Thats what the 5 times more is about. TC, it is 3.4 million GAMES. thats 3.4 millionx60 dollars per game=204 million dollars. It is safe to say, they made a hefty profit on the game, and thats only after 2 weeks.blue_hazy_basic

Umm, I think I'm not confused as I am well aware of that fact, But thank you for stating that captain obvious. If you look closely, I never said all of that goes to the company. You ASSumed that. Even if they only make 40 dollars per game, they are still turning a profit right now. Its only been two weeks. The point is, they have more than covered their costs for making the game.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts
Just 2 weeks, Lord, 2 freaking weeks, and you already want to port it because it doesnt sell well (yeah, like 3 millions is such an small quantity), c'mon people, you can do a better flame, troll, bash, fake thread, complain, or whatever this thread is about.