MGS4 in-game Pics

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

Please guys this is not a comparsion towards other games, Gears 2 looks awesome, and so does KZ2. ohh yeah those wolves don't bite :)

lolkjklpoasaiop

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts
looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts

looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!superjim42

Its true, but you can skip them

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!superjim42

The cutscenes are really well done, so I never really wanted to time any of them. The only cutscene that I felt was really long was the last one. It also helps if you're a fan of the series.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superjim42

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!therealmcc0y

to skip them would mean being lost with the story and i have followed it through mgs1,2,3. skipping now would be pointless lol but how long are the cutscenes on average?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!therealmcc0y

That'd kinda ruin the overall experience, though.

Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts
All the cutscenes added up make 8 hours, I don't rememberwhich is the longest (I assume it was the ending) or how long it lasted. If you've played the previous MGS and liked them you'll love MGS4, if not you should rent and judge it yourself. Some new comers have fallen in love with it while other can't stand it enough to get past the first act.
Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts

trust me every cut scene is worth atleast the first time second play through you can skip em

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

Not getting this game. I looks good, yes, but I just don't like the MGS series. Don't like the crappy story, stupid humor, and cheezy voice-acting. That's my OPINION.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SiKh22
yes the cut scenes are long, mostly the last one. But they are good, so i never minded. IF you don't like cut scenes, you can skip them but there's no point really. You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.
superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 superjim42

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!Mongo-Boss
All the cutscenes added up make 8 hours, I don't rememberwhich is the longest (I assume it was the ending) or how long it lasted. If you've played the previous MGS and liked them you'll love MGS4, if not you should rent and judge it yourself. Some new comers have fallen in love with it while other can't stand it enough to get past the first act.

wow 8hours? ye i have played 1,2,3 and i love the series and the confusion and twists in the story is great! i guess if you guys say the cutscenes are worth watching then i shouldnt have any problem since i am a fan of the series. thanx i shall be looking out for some offers on this game.

i picked up gta4 for ps3 only £20 :D

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts

I swear the final cutscenes nearly killed me! They must have been at the very least 75mins. It was worth it though, it was a great ending.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts

But wouldn't skipping them ruin the story and make it impossible to follow the story? Which would defeat the point of playing the game. This is also what keeps me from buying this game.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!Bubblehash

But wouldn't skipping them ruin the story and make it impossible to follow the story? Which would defeat the point of playing the game. This is also what keeps me from buying this game.

would it help, if i said alot of the cutscenes in the game are incredibly awesome? Because they are, there are some tedius ones yes, but its all worth it

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts
Sexy game/ bad pics
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ash10692
[QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

would it help, if i said alot of the cutscenes in the game are incredibly awesome? Because they are, there are some tedius ones yes, but its all worth it

I couldn't find a single tedious cutscene! Thats my opinion obviously. Almost every cutscene had a subtle reference to an old MGS game, and all were presented in glorious HD, with great script and acting.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bubblehash
[QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

Sure a bit I guess. Here is a question you can answer that would actually help more. If you skipped the cutscenes and only counted actual play time. How long is the game? I understand that everybodies time will be different, but on average, how long to beat it (again skipping the cutscenes because that's not gameplay).
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!Bubblehash

Sure a bit I guess. Here is a question you can answer that would actually help more. If you skipped the cutscenes and only counted actual play time. How long is the game? I understand that everybodies time will be different, but on average, how long to beat it (again skipping the cutscenes because that's not gameplay).

10 hours is probably about righ

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!ash10692

I swear the final cutscenes nearly killed me! They must have been at the very least 75mins. It was worth it though, it was a great ending.

OMG are they really that long? Can you at least pause them?
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="ash10692"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!rybe1025

yes u can, and u can save during the longer ones

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts
[QUOTE="ash10692"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!rybe1025

yea and skip portions. If it is a long cutscene, it will usually be divided into sections.

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ash10692
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="ash10692"]

It really was worth it though, seeing what happens. I paused it a fair few times and played on my PS2 for a bit :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.SiKh22

How can people say this? It just boggles my mind. The story is just stupid... :P Check out Yahtzee's review in Zero Punctuation and you'll see exactly what I mean! I played Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and I have tried 4... and they are all so boring and they seem so stupid. I'm sorry MGS fans, but that's just the way I feel. :/

"Metal Gear Solid is and has always been badly written. So much of the dialogue is redundant and is in dire need of an editor. If you haven't played the games before you aren't welcome because the game assumes that you have accepted the bulls*** that's come before." - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

I'm off!

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 therealmcc0y

Your back up is zero punctuation

OK!!

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

Here are some of my screens. Including one from MGO.

mgoonololbowwurldscary

SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
MGS4 the best game and graphics I have ever seen.
superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 superjim42

[QUOTE="SiKh22"]You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.wapahala

How can people say this? It just boggles my mind. The story is just stupid... :P Check out Yahtzee's review in Zero Punctuation and you'll see exactly what I mean! I played Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and I have tried 4... and they are all so boring and they seem so stupid. I'm sorry MGS fans, but that's just the way I feel. :/

"Metal Gear Solid is and has always been badly written. So much of the dialogue is redundant and is in dire need of an editor. If you haven't played the games before you aren't welcome because the game assumes that you have accepted the bulls*** that's come before." - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

I'm off!

i assume you prefer the more 'easy on the brian' stories

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SiKh22

[QUOTE="SiKh22"]You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.wapahala

"Metal Gear Solid is and has always been badly written. So much of the dialogue is redundant and is in dire need of an editor. If you haven't played the game before you aren't welcome because the game assumes that you have accepted the bulls*** that's come before." - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

I'm off!

its from Japan man with a western kick. The game is awesome, sure its not for everyone including that Zero Punctuation. He probably doesn't understand the story because of his zero sized brain. You tried, but you didn't beat, i guess its cool now to bash the good games..like what happened to Halo. for a video game, the stroy telling is at its finest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
[QUOTE="wapahala"]

[QUOTE="SiKh22"]You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.SiKh22

"Metal Gear Solid is and has always been badly written. So much of the dialogue is redundant and is in dire need of an editor. If you haven't played the game before you aren't welcome because the game assumes that you have accepted the bulls*** that's come before." - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

I'm off!

its from Japan man with a western kick. The game is awesome, sure its not for everyone including that Zero Punctuation. He probably doesn't understand the story because of his zero sized brain. You tried, but you didn't beat, i guess its cool now to bash the good games..like what happened to Halo. for a video game, the stroy telling is at its finest.

Are you serious? First of all, I would say that Yahtzee has more brains than you will ever have. Secondly, the storytelling is absolutely NOT at its finest. If it's a story you are looking for: Planescape: Tourment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
[QUOTE="wapahala"]

[QUOTE="SiKh22"]You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.superjim42

I'm off!

i assume you prefer the more 'easy on the brian' stories

I prefer stories like Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Tourment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Your back up is zero punctuation

OK!!

therealmcc0y

Heh, yes, because he makes sense.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bubblehash
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="ash10692"]

Oh good, that also helped me.
Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

For god sakes man take off that ugly facecamo. We gotta see Snake's old ass face or at least but young snake camo lol

And I shot one of the wolves. The other one chased me until I went in a cutscene.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SiKh22
[QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="wapahala"]

I'm off!

Are you serious? First of all, I would say that Yahtzee has more brains than you will ever have. Secondly, the storytelling is absolutely NOT at its finest. If it's a story you are looking for: Planescape: Tourment.

I don't get how you can really compare to a guy that talks so fast its a joke just watching. How can you take that seriously?For a game that is wraping up everything, it's the best. What don't you like about the story? That Zero guy said it himself, he started to play and still didn't know what was going on. I'm pretty sure this guy played the game knowing only the knowledge that everyone else knew about MGS4, Snake is old, he wants to kill Liquid...

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I feel compelled to show the pics I have taken in MGS4 :)

sds

erer

asa

sds

wew

sads

dfd

Trully a stunning game and a great experience

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Hope this ones help also.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
[QUOTE="wapahala"][QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="wapahala"]

[QUOTE="SiKh22"]You'll miss one of the best stories to date in a video game.SiKh22

I'm off!

I don't get how you can really compare to a guy that talks so fast its a joke just watching. How can you take that seriously?For a game that is wraping up everything, it's the best. What don't you like about the story? That Zero guy said it himself, he started to play and still didn't know what was going on. I'm pretty sure this guy played the game knowing only the knowledge that everyone else knew about MGS4, Snake is old, he wants to kill Liquid...

I don't get how MGS4 has a stupid story. So what about Gears? Halo? They have splendid stories. MGS4 actually made it feel huge for what I was doing when playing. It was so immersive. That story was great. The people who didn't understand anything about MGS4 or previous MGS because they didn't play them or even research them are the people saying "It has a stupid story".

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!superjim42

to skip them would mean being lost with the story and i have followed it through mgs1,2,3. skipping now would be pointless lol but how long are the cutscenes on average?

if you don't like watching the cutscenes how did you even like the other 3 MGS?

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kenshinhimura16
Zero Punctuation Yathzee hates everything that has the slightest japanese cliche on. He is just the regular dumb western minded guy even though he is from Au. Just listening to his reviews you will see how he praises the western kind of gaming over the japanese.
superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 superjim42
[QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!SambaLele

name me a cutscene in mgs1,2,3 reaching over an hour or so......ye thats what i thought

ChaneyR91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 ChaneyR91
Member since 2008 • 108 Posts
This was my First Metal Gear Solid and I loved every minute of it... So Many great Moments its CRAZY...
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kenshinhimura16
[QUOTE="SambaLele"][QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!superjim42

name me a cutscene in mgs1,2,3 reaching over an hour or so......ye thats what i thought

There is no cutscene of that lenght either in MGS 4. Even the ending doesnt reach an hour.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 superjim42
[QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="SambaLele"][QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!kenshinhimura16

There is no cutscene of that lenght either in MGS 4. Even the ending doesnt reach an hour.

one of the other dudes onthis thread said the ending reached about 75mins?? :S

can you please confirm to me what is the longest cutscene? cos i really want to buy this game but cutscene length is holding me back

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
My favorite thing about the MGS games looks is the mind blowing attention to detail, oh and the amazing animations. My only beef with MGS4's graphics is it's resolution but it's not really that much of a biggie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
[QUOTE="wapahala"][QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="wapahala"]

I'm off!

Here's just one of the things I don't like about MGS4: The antagonist, Liquid Ocelot, one of the Patriots agents who has been possesed by Liquid Snake, Solid Snake's evil twin brother who has been killed, as a reslut of an arm transplant.... how STUPID does that sound? That's just one of the things I cannot stand.

Heh, you should take Yahtzee seriously, because that is exactly what Zero Punctuation is.

Hitman533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hitman533
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts

Here are some screens I just took :D

mgs4

mgs4mgs4

mgs4mgs4

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kenshinhimura16
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="SambaLele"][QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

can you please confirm to me what is the longest cutscene? cos i really want to buy this game but cutscene length is holding me back

Removing the credits, the last batch of scenes should take close to an hour. But you are given a save point in the middle, since the final scenes are part of the extra chapter Epilogue.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 superjim42
[QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="SambaLele"][QUOTE="superjim42"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

[QUOTE="superjim42"]looks good. i really want to buy this game but i am holding back due to numerous complaints from ppl about the very very long cutscenes. can anyone confirm how long the longest cutscene actually is? i heard an hour :| but i hope is not true!kenshinhimura16

Removing the credits, the last batch of scenes should take close to an hour. But you are given a save point in the middle, since the final scenes are part of the extra chapter Epilogue.

oh ok cool thanks for that. i guess i will be getting this game after all :D

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SiKh22
[QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="wapahala"][QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="wapahala"]

I'm off!

Here's just one of the things I don't like about MGS4: The antagonist, Liquid Ocelot, one of the Patriots agents who has been possesed by Liquid Snake, Solid Snake's evil twin brother who has been killed, as a reslut of an arm transplant.... how STUPID does that sound? That's just one of the things I cannot stand.

Heh, you should take Yahtzee seriously, because that is exactly what Zero Punctuation is.

if you play to the end you'll understand Liquid for the most part was done in MGS2, and at the end You'll see why Ocelot was in totaly control of himself. Also in the MGS world, science is a major part and its a video game, it can happen right? lol. If you finish the game or if that Zero guy understood it, it's much more then Ocelot himself. And for the other guy who is thinking about buying this game, but is worried about the cut scene, what do you expect? after so many games, how else can they wrap up the game. Trust me man, the cut scene's are great. the last part of the game, if you followed the story so far, it will make good sense and the time won't be a factor..if you don't understand..then it will get to you lol.

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

WTF! You're kidding and this game gets a 10!