MGS4 has 90 minute cutscenes!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#401 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts
We're suppose to be playing a game - not watching a frickin' movie. :|
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts
We're suppose to be playing a game - not watching a frickin' movie. :|Stevo_the_gamer
You will never make him see that, he is too much of a MGS fan. If it was filled with 2 hour cut scenes, and only sold two copies, he would still be happy. Blind Fan-Boy.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

welcome back hater,

is the cs still 90 min bud?

please, enlighten us with you're non-bias views on what fans think and what gaming should be like. :D

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#404 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

welcome back hater,

please, enlighten us with you're non-bias views on what fans think and what gaming should be like. :D

FragTycoon

Gaming should have all the great character building that Gears had.

loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 loftus42

welcome back hater,

FragTycoon
Wow, me a hater, you should look in the mirror. with your uncanny ability to see things, you just might see how blind you are. Since a whole lot more agree with me then you.
redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#406 redboxa
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Complete epicness........ I want a ps3 just for this game :)
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#407 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
can we really call it cutscenes anymore ?
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#408 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
ok, that's just ridiculous. i'll watch a movie if i want to watch something that long. seriously, an hour and a half, for one cutscene? i play games to actually play games. i really hope you can skip cutscenes.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 FragTycoon
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

welcome back hater,

loftus42

Wow, me a hater, you should look in the mirror. with your uncanny ability to see things, you just might see how blind you are. Since a whole lot more agree with me then you, Fan-Boy.

*looks up at the poll*...

yup, I think I'm done here! LMAO

dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts
I thought the 90 min cutscene rumor was debunked already... Why do you guys keep bumping this thread?
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
......ya gatta be kidding me:|
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#412 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

welcome back hater,

loftus42

Wow, me a hater, you should look in the mirror. with your uncanny ability to see things, you just might see how blind you are. Since a whole lot more agree with me then you.

Look at the mirror and see how blind you are :?
A whole lot more people agree with you? Poll says other wise.
How are you not hating? Your post is full of fail

and i thought this was fake or no?

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 FragTycoon

If people took the time to read the thread....

fact is, people don't know exactly how the cs will be spread out in the game.

they do hint to 20+ hours of controlling game-play though ;)

Edit: sorry for the bumps, go to sticky thread if ya need more REAL info

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

I thought the 90 min cutscene rumor was debunked already... Why do you guys keep bumping this thread?dragonpuppy

Because people actually backed up the thought of 90 minute cutscenes being an OK thing to do in a Video Game.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 f50p90

[QUOTE="dragonpuppy"]I thought the 90 min cutscene rumor was debunked already... Why do you guys keep bumping this thread?AAllxxjjnn

Because people actually backed up the thought of 90 minute cutscenes being an OK thing to do in a Video Game.

It would be ok for a game like MGS or a Final Fantasy esque RPG. Final cuts in FF are usually 30+mins..and they fly by...add in the credits because theres always something after that you want to see...
Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#416 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts
ok since the topic has changed somewhat heres my opinon. a game with a 90min cut scene(one cutscene not total) is ridiculous! and a sign of bad developers! such a game would be appauling because its no longer a game. Stories in games are revelaed as you play along. jeez.
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 loftus42
[QUOTE="loftus42"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

welcome back hater,

f50p90

It was proven false for 90 min cut scenes, I didn't vote in the pole because there was not an option for me. But if you look through the 20+ pages of this thread you can see a lot more people are griping about long cut scenes then are not.

I said before that i doubt anyone but hardcore fans of the series will sit through this. And he said I was a hater. where that came from I don't know. And he said that i should not speak for the fans of the series, and i will say again, i am not speaking for the fans, if you want to sit through 9-10 hours of cut scenes, that's your business. But casual gamers, the ones that are probably going to push this game into a highly sought after game, will not want to.

He then said 7 million + fans say otherwise. how are there 7 million plus fans, when the whole series sold around 7 million games? did everyone just buy one game, and then pass it around? NO, you can at least divide that by four, and a lot of those are casual gamers, who are probably not going to like sitting through all those cut scenes.

So, Me a hater, not even close. But, him a blind fan-boy, I think so.

So, now how is this post full of fail? Open your eyes, and you just might see a lot of people who are not fanatic fans of this series, are not going to like having to sit through 9 hours of cut scenes. If you can prove otherwise. Do so. And this pole at the top of this, I'm sure that your getting the opinion of everyone who was even thinking of getting this game. I don't think so.

So if this makes me a hater, well fine, I hate long cut scenes, and anyone who wants to sit through them are nuts, or blind fanatics. There you asked for it, you got it. Now go away.

hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts

We're suppose to be playing a game - not watching a frickin' movie. :|Stevo_the_gamer

thats why they said only 1/3 of the the game is cutscenes and that on the first playthrough should last 30 hours

good job with the one thing every hater keeps saying about everyone of the games in the series, even though there are millions of people who DO NOT CARE!

hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 hyperboy152000
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="loftus42"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

welcome back hater,

loftus42

It was proven false for 90 min cut scenes, I didn't vote in the pole because there was not an option for me. But if you look through the 20+ pages of this thread you can see a lot more people are griping about long cut scenes then are not.

I said before that i doubt anyone but hardcore fans of the series will sit through this. And he said I was a hater. where that came from I don't know. And he said that i should not speak for the fans of the series, and i will say again, i am not speaking for the fans, if you want to sit through 9-10 hours of cut scenes, that's your business. But casual gamers, the ones that are probably going to push this game into a highly sought after game, will not want to.

He then said 7 million + fans say otherwise. how are there 7 million plus fans, when the whole series sold around 7 million games? did everyone just buy one game, and then pass it around? NO, you can at least divide that by four, and a lot of those are casual gamers, who are probably not going to like sitting through all those cut scenes.

So, now how is this post full of fail? Open your eyes, and you just might see a lot of people who are not fanatic fans of this series, are not going to like having to sit through 9 hours of cut scenes. If you can prove otherwise. Do so. And this pole at the top of this, I'm sure that your getting the opinion of everyone who was even thinking of getting this game. I don't think so.

So if this makes me a hater, well fine, I hate long cut scenes, and anyone who wants to sit through them are nuts, or blind fanatics. There you asked for it, you got it. Now go away.

no, the second onew sold 7 million copies and between the three canoncal games there have been easily double that number for total sales....good job but with that one little bit of misinformation, that tells me your point is invalid, good day sir!

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 f50p90

loftus42

OK well let me lay it out for you. The people who voted YES, are twice the amount of people who said no, and said they wuold skip combined.. MGS2 sold 7+ million on it's own. the entire series is probably close to 20 million, including spin offs and remakes

Your post was full of fail and contradiction, like if your blind then you wouldnt be able to see in the mirror how blind you are... :lol: and yeah if you hate something. that makes you a hate-r, it's that simple. You can't speak for everyone who is going to buy the game, casual or not you don't know if they would enjoy it or not, your just a hater (we already came to that conclusion....) but it doesn't matter cuz it's false. MGS4 will PWN it well sell several million and it will be regarded by many as a great game you can keep on Hating but it won't change that :)

loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 loftus42
Just on this page it's 7 against long cut scenes and 3, maybe 4 for long cut scenes. And the other 20 + pages are about the same. Man there are a lot of "haters" in this post, Not really, I don't see how not liking long cut scenes makes you a hater? Some People need Valium
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 f50p90
Just on this page it's 7 against long cut scenes and 3, maybe 4 for long cut scenes. And the other 20 + pages are about the same. Man there are a lot of "haters" in this post, Not really, I don't see how not liking long cut scenes makes you a hater? Some People need Valiumloftus42
Not liking long cutscenes doesnt make you a hater. You said you Hated long cutscenes. Yeah that makes you a hater. Hating anything makes you a hater, espcially since the long cutscenes didn't do anything to you. If the long cutscenes stole your lunch money maybe youd have reason to hate them. But they didn't so why do you hate them? Ur just a hater
bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#424 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts
For some reason I think a crack head wrote this article.
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 loftus42
[QUOTE="loftus42"]

f50p90

OK well let me lay it out for you. The people who voted YES, are twice the amount of people who said no, and said they wuold skip combined.. MGS2 sold 7+ million on it's own. the entire series is probably close to 20 million, including spin offs and remakes

Your post was full of fail and contradiction, like if your blind then you wouldnt be able to see in the mirror how blind you are... :lol: and yeah if you hate something. that makes you a hate-r, it's that simple. You can't speak for everyone who is going to buy the game, casual or not you don't know if they would enjoy it or not, your just a hater (we already came to that conclusion....) but it doesn't matter cuz it's false. MGS4 will PWN it well sell several million and it will be regarded by many as a great game you can keep on Hating but it won't change that :)

OK now there are 7 million MGS2 games sold. If he would have said that in the first place, then i would have changed that part of my post. i do not like stating false information, I should have looked it up instead of going off what he said. MY mistake. I do not speak for anyone, how can you not get that threw your thick skulls. I was just making an observation of the people who posted in this thread. I can't see the pole, but that means little to me in the first place because, i'm sure this pole is so very accurate. I was just looking at how many POSTERS were against long cut scenes. If you can't look back at these 20 + pages and see the majority of people are complaining of the length of the cut scenes it is you who are blind, not me. Your proof, this so called pole at the top means nada to me. it is such an accurate representation of what is going on. And for the record, you also have no right to speak for anyone but yourself, So accusing me of speaking for anyone, when I was just making an observation is kind of hypocritical
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

For some reason I think a crack head wrote this article.bigmouthkid

For some reason that made me LOL'D.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 f50p90
OK now there are 7 million MGS2 games sold. If he would have said that in the first place, then i would have changed that part of my post. i do not like stating false information, I should have looked it up instead of going off what he said. MY mistake. I do not speak for anyone, how can you not get that threw your thick skulls. I was just making an observation of the people who posted in this thread. I can't see the pole, but that means little to me in the first place because, i'm sure this pole is so very accurate. I was just looking at how many POSTERS were against long cut scenes. If you can't look back at these 20 + pages and see the majority of people are complaining of the length of the cut scenes it is you who are blind, not me. Your proof, this so called pole at the top means nada to me. it is such an accurate representation of what is going on. And for the record, you also have no right to speak for anyone but yourself, So accusing me of speaking for anyone, when I was just making an observation is kind of hypocritical
loftus42
I never called you blind, and how am i blind? There are obviously more votes than people who contributed with a post.. and i didn't speak for everyone as you did. You said casuals wouldn't like it you don't know that. I said many people will think MGS4 is great, that's a given. many people who already played it already think it's great...
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 loftus42
[QUOTE="loftus42"]Just on this page it's 7 against long cut scenes and 3, maybe 4 for long cut scenes. And the other 20 + pages are about the same. Man there are a lot of "haters" in this post, Not really, I don't see how not liking long cut scenes makes you a hater? Some People need Valiumf50p90
Not liking long cutscenes doesnt make you a hater. You said you Hated long cutscenes. Yeah that makes you a hater. Hating anything makes you a hater, espcially since the long cutscenes didn't do anything to you. If the long cutscenes stole your lunch money maybe youd have reason to hate them. But they didn't so why do you hate them? Ur just a hater

Oh man You are funny. when I said i hate long cut scenes i was being sarcastic. I dont like them, no. I prefer they do the story telling in game. But a hater, you all need help. Go get your glasses checked they must be the wrong prescription. And the joke about the lunch money, oh man that was just hilarious. I need to remember that one. See, sarcasm, That's how that works.
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 loftus42
[QUOTE="loftus42"]OK now there are 7 million MGS2 games sold. If he would have said that in the first place, then i would have changed that part of my post. i do not like stating false information, I should have looked it up instead of going off what he said. MY mistake. I do not speak for anyone, how can you not get that threw your thick skulls. I was just making an observation of the people who posted in this thread. I can't see the pole, but that means little to me in the first place because, i'm sure this pole is so very accurate. I was just looking at how many POSTERS were against long cut scenes. If you can't look back at these 20 + pages and see the majority of people are complaining of the length of the cut scenes it is you who are blind, not me. Your proof, this so called pole at the top means nada to me. it is such an accurate representation of what is going on. And for the record, you also have no right to speak for anyone but yourself, So accusing me of speaking for anyone, when I was just making an observation is kind of hypocritical
f50p90
I never called you blind, and how am i blind? There are obviously more votes than people who contributed with a post.. and i didn't speak for everyone as you did. You said casuals wouldn't like it you don't know that. I said many people will think MGS4 is great, that's a given. many people who already played it already think it's great...

You said it twice man, "look in the mirror and see how blind you are", and one other time about blind cannot look in the mirror because they are blind, or something like that. Again i was making an observation of the posters in this post, How many times do i have to say this? Again, this pole is a very limited pole, why should i go on this? have you poled all the people for this game? I said casuals, because most of the people playing games do not have to sit through 9 hours of cut scenes on 99% of the games released for consoles so far. that is just about as much a given as what you say. So, i can not speak for anyone, but you can speak for all these people, that is hypocritical. And not seeing all the people who have objected in the thread, and denying it, makes you about as blind as i am this supposed hater.
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 loftus42

[QUOTE="loftus42"]Just on this page it's 7 against long cut scenes and 3, maybe 4 for long cut scenes. And the other 20 + pages are about the same. Man there are a lot of "haters" in this post, Not really, I don't see how not liking long cut scenes makes you a hater? Some People need Valiumhyperboy152000

or maybe people like you need to get their info straight before they say ANYTHING, yous a hater just cuz you is ignorant

Bud, I was going on something a guy had said, i should have looked it up myself, i already said this. Now what you said is completely unwarranted. Get your grammar right before you call anyone ignorant, or at least find the spell check button. your slang is what makes you look ignorant. I just made a mistake trusting someone else's information.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="dragonpuppy"]I thought the 90 min cutscene rumor was debunked already... Why do you guys keep bumping this thread?f50p90

It would be ok for a game like MGS or a Final Fantasy esque RPG. Final cuts in FF are usually 30+mins..and they fly by...add in the credits because theres always something after that you want to see...

90 min though? thats almost a full movie, and i am sure some of that 90 min could be put into the form of gameplay.

psfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#432 psfan
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

stop bumping this thread its not true - http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=187049

shadowwolf1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 shadowwolf1123
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i don't have a ps3. r the cut scenes good or crappy.
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 hyperboy152000
bumpage for reply from the local genius on all things MGS
xbox3604lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 xbox3604lyf
Member since 2006 • 792 Posts
I'd rather watch a 90 minute cutscene than read all of this topic!
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#437 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Ack, 90 minutes of Naruto Gear Solid? Couldn't stand that generic crap on the ps1 and shiny graphics won't change that.
Goldmatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 Goldmatter
Member since 2003 • 1688 Posts

thjat explains why the game takes up so much space.....

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#439 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
And this is why the MGS series has always been weak and boring to me. You walk ten steps, then put down the controller and watch a 10 minute cutscene, watching Snake do all the fighting for you. Why not just let the PLAYER do the fighting? Interactive cutscenes FTW. The MGS developers are more interested in making movies than allowing the players to have fun
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts

And this is why the MGS series has always been weak and boring to me. You walk ten steps, then put down the controller and watch a 10 minute cutscene, watching Snake do all the fighting for you. Why not just let the PLAYER do the fighting? Interactive cutscenes FTW. The MGS developers are more interested in making movies than allowing the players to have funkrp008

no sorry there 20+ hrs of gameplay

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#441 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

There are many games out there that I don't like, yet I am able to respect those games. I can't explain why you might like a game that I don't like, or why I might enjoy a game you don't like, yet I can recognize quality when I see it, even in things I myself don't enjoy. One example of this has been the Metal Gear Solid series - a game series blessed with storytelling, writing, gameplay, and astounding depth, that I have never been able to get into. I don't like them, that's all there is to it - but I respect what I recognize as solid design, and a huge investment of talent on the part of a visionary.

-

What bothers me is that there are people who feel their likes and dislikes represent whether something is a quality design or not - rather than recognizing that design exists independently of what they want. I cannot believe some of the comments about the rumored "90 minute cutscenes" I have seen.

-

Don't want to watch long cutscenes? Then this game isn't for you - that's all there is to it. Kojima shouldn't have to sacrifice the game his true fans want just so some fanboy on System Wars, who wouldn't buy his game anyway, can say it's "better". How can you possibly speculate on whether a cutscene that you have not seenfor a story that you don't know for a game that you have no intention of playing is "too long"?

-

It's obvious what we have here - PS3 haters trying to bash a game and series they have no appreciation for, based on things they don't understand, disguising their fanboyism as a "critique". We see the same crap being done by Sony fanboys to Too Human, and by Nintendo fans bashing GTA IV (a game most of them haven't played) because the idea of a 360 / PS3 "10" that's not on the Wii is too much to bear.

-

Enough - the game will have what Kojima wants his magnum opus to have - if you can't handle that, that is a personal problem, not a fault of the game.

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts

There are many games out there that I don't like, yet I am able to respect those games. I can't explain why you might like a game that I don't like, or why I might enjoy a game you don't like, yet I can recognize quality when I see it, even in things I myself don't enjoy. One example of this has been the Metal Gear Solid series - a game series blessed with storytelling, writing, gameplay, and astounding depth, that I have never been able to get into. I don't like them, that's all there is to it - but I respect what I recognize as solid design, and a huge investment of talent on the part of a visionary.

-

What bothers me is that there are people who feel their likes and dislikes represent whether something is a quality design or not - rather than recognizing that design exists independently of what they want. I cannot believe some of the comments about the rumored "90 minute cutscenes" I have seen.

-

Don't want to watch long cutscenes? Then this game isn't for you - that's all there is to it. Kojima shouldn't have to sacrifice the game his true fans want just so some fanboy on System Wars, who wouldn't buy his game anyway, can say it's "better". How can you possibly speculate on whether a cutscene that you have not seenfor a story that you don't know for a game that you have no intention of playing is "too long"?

-

It's obvious what we have here - PS3 haters trying to bash a game and series they have no appreciation for, based on things they don't understand, disguising their fanboyism as a "critique". We see the same crap being done by Sony fanboys to Too Human, and by Nintendo fans bashing GTA IV (a game most of them haven't played) because the idea of a 360 / PS3 "10" that's not on the Wii is too much to bear.

-

Enough - the game will have what Kojima wants his magnum opus to have - if you can't handle that, that is a personal problem, not a fault of the game.

subrosian

I have the urge to sometimes write posts of this nature myself.

But when you realize where you're posting and the audience that reads it, you must realize, you're pissing in an ocean.

Not to say I don't agree with you, because I do, but I think that the post isn't worth submitting.

Those who will agree with it already aren't petty enough to join in and contribute to the ridiculous dogmas of these forums, and those who will look over it can't be shown the error of their ways anyway.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I've never played a game where a cutscene came up and I felt that I could watch something with that quality of acting, dialog, direction and cinematography stretched out for 90 minutes.

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

i couldnt sit there and watch 90 minutes i play games....to play games not watch cutscenes. I dont mind if there like 5 mins or so but 90!! thats a joke

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

i doubt this is true, but a 90 min cutscene is a joke. Most games nowadays have realised that the point of computer games is that you can play them and rely on cutscenes as little as possible, instead choosing to imerse the player. i cannot imagine watching a 90 min cutscene - that is longer than some films. More does not equal better...