MGS4 for 360 ? MS E3 megaton ? Gimme a break ......... It`s lame ..........

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foxhound_spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Foxhound_spy
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console. Im` surprised that many lems here hoping that MS will annouce MGS4 as their megaton annoucement. To claim ownage on cows ? Are they desperate or what ? Lol you guys should search for another option if you guys desperate for that. If MS manage to claim MGS4 timed exclusive that make sense. I`m not saying it`s a bad thing. But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
It would, indeed, be a big announcement.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i think it would be lame if it did come to the 360 i doubt it though. if people wanted to play mgs4 they wouldve bought a ps3 by now or played it over a friends house

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="Foxhound_spy"] I`m not saying it`s a bad thing. But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )

Perfect Dark 2 and I'm set.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )Foxhound_spy

They should, yes.

But this thread will do nothing to reduce the ownage if/when it's announced.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console. Im` surprised that many lems here hoping that MS will annouce MGS4 as their megaton annoucement. To claim ownage on cows ? Are they desperate or what ? Lol you guys should search for another option if you guys desperate for that. If MS manage to claim MGS4 timed exclusive that make sense. I`m not saying it`s a bad thing. But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )Foxhound_spy
Yeah, I have to say that lemmings hoping for a late multi-plat above all else is a bit "short-sighted" when it comes to anticipating E3. Don't get me wrong. Cows are guilty of this too (Mass Effect for instance).

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

Unless Sony had some sort of deal with Konami preventing a 360 release,I don't see whats stopping konami making a 360 version.

It would make perfect buisness sense.

Plus imagine the cow tears.

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bingbaocao
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="Foxhound_spy"]Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console. Im` surprised that many lems here hoping that MS will annouce MGS4 as their megaton annoucement. To claim ownage on cows ? Are they desperate or what ? Lol you guys should search for another option if you guys desperate for that. If MS manage to claim MGS4 timed exclusive that make sense. I`m not saying it`s a bad thing. But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )nervmeister

Yeah, I have to say that lemmings hoping for a late multi-plat above all else is a bit "short-sighted" when it comes to anticipating E3. Don't get me wrong. Cows are guilty of this too (Mass Effect for instance).

let's not forget ninja gaiden
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I remember cows going bananas over Bioshock and Oblivion and they weren't even exclusives. Its the way SW works.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console. Im` surprised that many lems here hoping that MS will annouce MGS4 as their megaton annoucement. To claim ownage on cows ? Are they desperate or what ? Lol you guys should search for another option if you guys desperate for that. If MS manage to claim MGS4 timed exclusive that make sense. I`m not saying it`s a bad thing. But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )Foxhound_spy

really? oblivion, lost planet and dead rising were all one year old before they went to the ps3. and they all sold well for the 360 back when they were not on the ps3. mgs4 being 1 year old and selling 4.5 million copies means jack ----. i don't understand why lems are hyping mgs4 for the 360. personally, i think the mgs series is crappy and boring. btw, how can MS claim mgs4 as a timed exclusive? it's on the ps3. if it ever does come out for the 360, which i doubt, then it's a multiplat. we already know MS is going to announce new games for the 360 and sequels. what should be worrying you and your fellow cows is what sony is going to do. they've already said they are now targeting the casual audience. prepare for a sony e3 '09 on the same level as nintendo's e3 '08.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nervmeister

Unless Sony had some sort of deal with Konami preventing a 360 release,I don't see whats stopping konami making a 360 version.

GabeNewellsPie

It would make perfect business sense to take a gamble and put time, money and resources into porting a year-old game which already achieved optimal sales and was built ground-up for its home console (which would make the year-old port all the more painstaking)?

Your desire for cow tears is obscuring your judgment.

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

PLEASE let it not be MGS4. I have no interest at all for that game.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

i personally dont getwhy people make such a big deal out of MGS4 except for the 10 it got here which doesnt really mean anything to me

but if 360 only owners really wanna play mgs4 that bad its prolly only like 40$ to rent a PS3 and mgs4 at blockbuster or froma friend to just beat it and complete the series

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bingbaocao
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

PurpleHaze89
agreed, if that is their megaton then colour me disapointed
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

It would be kind of lame if it was, it would be "big" just as FFXIII's announcement was, but in both cases it would be an announcement that now another group gets to play the same game as another, which is like yeah, okay, but that doesn't help my 360 when I own both, I'd much rather have a decent new game be announced, then an amazing game going multiplat, ownage wise, of course the choice would be MGS4, but realistically, a new game would be preferable.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

[QUOTE="PurpleHaze89"]

bingbaocao

agreed, if that is their megaton then colour me disapointed

yea that would be prettyboring for me too

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GabeNewellsPie

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

nervmeister

It would make perfect business sense to take a gamble and put time, money and resources into porting a year-old game which already achieved optimal sales and was built ground-upfor its home console? (remember Bioshock on PS3) Your desire for cow tears is obscuring your judgment.

But you forget porting from the PS3 to the 360 is a walk in the park compared to the otherway round.Thats what alot of devs are doing now.

It would take some effort yes,but it would be worth it for Konami,360 owners who like the series and SW .

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
I disagree, MGS 4 going to 360 would be epic...
Archaic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archaic8
Member since 2009 • 343 Posts

I dunno why people hype Microsofts E3 so much in the first place. It'll be good for sure but I doubt we'll have a bombshell announcement that somehow puts Microsoft on top again. It seems people expect a lot after the FFXIII announcement last year but that was under special circumstances. Microsoft couldn't deliver like that again.

As for MGS4 going to the 360, Ill make sure to give out one big epic yawn in that one happens. A year-old port of a game isn't exactly exciting news for anyone that has played the game already.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

nervmeister

It would make perfect business sense to take a gamble and put time, money and resources into porting a year-old game which already achieved optimal sales and was built ground-upfor its home console? (remember Bioshock on PS3) Your desire for cow tears is obscuring your judgment.

Are you seriously putting bioshock up against MGS4?? and this time, the porting if from a console with the LOWEST software sales, to the console with the HIGHEST software sales and attach rate. On top of that, there are MILLIONS of 360 owners who want to play this game, some of them just for ownage. I have no doubt that if it is announce, it will sell AT LEAST 2m, and thats not counting the SW 360 fanboys. Lets be fair here. And onto your sig, Next Order was right, it didnt break 400k in NPD, your link is for worldwide sales ;)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]

nervmeister

It would make perfect business sense to take a gamble and put time, money and resources into porting a year-old game which already achieved optimal sales and was built ground-up for its home console (which would make the year-old port all the more painstaking)?

Your desire for cow tears is obscuring your judgment.

:lol: that made me lol

However, I think what you said actually makes sense. Porting it will not require a huge amount of effort and they will be able to double their target market. However, as others have said, if this really is MS's big announcement I'll be very disappointed. I want new IP's not year old ports.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It would be huge. The AAAAE would be gone. Anyways, I don't care. I wouldn't buy it. I've played it and I didn't like it. So yeah, no interest whatsoever. It'd be huge ownage, though.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nervmeister

It would take some effort yes,but it would be worth it for Konami,360 owners who like the series and SW .

GabeNewellsPie

No. It would just be worth it for 360 owners who like the series and, more specifically, the hardcore lemmings on SW. Konami on the other hand wouldn't benefit as much. Ports of games at least a year old tend to fall short sales-wise.

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GabeNewellsPie

[QUOTE="GabeNewellsPie"]It would take some effort yes,but it would be worth it for Konami,360 owners who like the series and SW .

nervmeister

No. It would just be worth it for 360 owners who like the series and, more specifically, the hardcore lemmings on SW. Konami on the other hand wouldn't benefit as much.

Elaborate.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i think itll be a megaton if they added all types of new missions like vr missions stuff like that. also mgo would be resuscitated from the dead thanks to xbox live. so yes itll be a megaton at e3 but luckily its not coming

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
I want a Killer Instinct announcement..
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
SW would implode and tons of Lulz will happen if this is true... however I would rather have something else...
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

While that would be a big announcement (and a port is doubtful), as a gamer that has BOTH machines, I would prefer M$ actually has a BIG ANNOUNCENT regarding a game I haven't played.

Last Year's FFXIII was a GIANT announcement, but I was like, "I am already getting that game". Multiplatform announcements should never shadow a real exclusive annoucement, but that's marketing for ya.

Anyways, if MGS4 comes to 360, that's fine, but I hope that's not the MEGATON, because dang, that would blow.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts

Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console.Foxhound_spy

I'm sorry but please enlighten me as to what other PS games the 360 currently has on it?

Erik_Lensherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Erik_Lensherr
Member since 2008 • 1340 Posts

[QUOTE="Foxhound_spy"]Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console.Nedemis

I'm sorry but please enlighten me as to what other PS games the 360 currently has on it?

Bioshock, TOV, Eternal Sonata, Oblivion, ..... oh wait

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
Well it would be worth it just for the lulz here. Cows went ape over Bioshock and the like coming to PS3, imagine what it would be like if PS3's AAAAE went over to the 360.... Plus, I need to actually finish it.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
MGS4 will probaly happen and once it does lems claim uber ownage.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Megaton is an understatement.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i dont really care if MGS4 gets ported or not,but the ownage would be huge if it did.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

[QUOTE="Foxhound_spy"]Seriously MGS4 is a 1 year old game. Already sold 4.5 million copies on PS3 alone. Hype is already gone. If MS thinking that all gamers will buy 360 just for an old PS3 game they are dead wrong. And it further proves that MS depend too much on PS games to sell their console. Im` surprised that many lems here hoping that MS will annouce MGS4 as their megaton annoucement. To claim ownage on cows ? Are they desperate or what ? Lol you guys should search for another option if you guys desperate for that. If MS manage to claim MGS4 timed exclusive that make sense. I`m not saying it`s a bad thing. But shouldn`t you lems hoping that MS will annuouce new IP or sequel for their big games ? ( for ex. Halo 4, Geow3............. )SolidTy

While that would be a big announcement (and a port is doubtful), as a gamer that has BOTH machines, I would prefer M$ actually has a BIG ANNOUNCENT regarding a game I haven't played.

Last Year's FFXIII was a GIANT announcement, but I was like, "I am already getting that game". Multiplatform announcements should never shadow a real exclusive annoucement, but that's marketing for ya.

Anyways, if MGS4 comes to 360, that's fine, but I hope that's not the MEGATON, because dang, that would blow.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying, and so far since the year doesn't look super great for the 360, their big announcement to be a year old multi-plat would not be cool. I'm sure any gamer thinking realistically would agree a new exclusive would make for a much better announcement, even if it isn't as big "ownage".
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

i think it would be lame if it did come to the 360 i doubt it though. if people wanted to play mgs4 they wouldve bought a ps3 by now or played it over a friends house

_SWAG_
MGS4, one game, isn't worth $400.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
Damn....Damage control already, and it hasn't been announced yet. :lol: I'd be worried too...I mean, after you cows claimed MGS4 couldn't be done on the 360, and all. It wouldn't be the first time you guys stuck your foot in your mouth.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

I'd buy the game again if it was announced for the 360. Achievements, online with friends (and hopefully none of that Kojima online shenanigans), and a much better controller would all be major improvements in my book.

Are you seriously putting bioshock up against MGS4??>navyguy21

What's so unimaginable about that? While Bioshock may have not gotten the same critical acclaim as MGS4, I find the game to be head and shoulders above Metal Gear. Don't get me wrong, MGS4 was one of my favorite games this generation...but so was Bioshock. Bioshock's narrative dives into much more complicated concepts and themes than MGS4's which, while extremely well written and fleshed out, is still a relatively cookie-cutter premise which we can find in hundreds if not thousands of novels at our local bookstore. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Bioshock did sell more combined than MGS4 (please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't checked recently).

In the end, I don't see why putting Bioshock against MGS4 is so shocking...

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
It would be big on SW....and thats all really. PS3 would loose an AAAAE.
aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts

PurpleHaze89

Ditto.

Don't get me wrong, I would be interested to see how cows who said it couldn't be done on the 360 or it would never happen would respond, but beyond that, I'd rather have a new exclusive game.

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Knowing MS, if this was actually in the works (highly doubt it), they would announce it coupled with some Exclusive DLC. That would probably drive many on here mad.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Damage controlling a rumor I see. A new low for SW.

MGS4 is an overrated game. If it came on the 360, Lems wouldn't care about playing it, they would just rub it in the Cows faces because they got their one and only definitive exclusive.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I would love for it to be MGS4. Just for the lols. I felt the same way about FF13. I have no intention of playing either game on the 360, but the DC in SW would be off the charts.

But Lems, it ain't going to happen. There is Apple product placement in the game for goodness sakes.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't think that xbox is going to be getting metal gear 4 but i would buy it. i'm getting a ps3 sometime it is one of my what to buy games.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts

I'd buy the game again if it was announced for the 360. Achievements, online with friends (and hopefully none of that Kojima online shenanigans), and a much better controller would all be major improvements in my book.

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] Are you seriously putting bioshock up against MGS4??>DonPerian

What's so unimaginable about that? While Bioshock may have not gotten the same critical acclaim as MGS4, I find the game to be head and shoulders above Metal Gear. Don't get me wrong, MGS4 was one of my favorite games this generation...but so was Bioshock. Bioshock's narrative dives into much more complicated concepts and themes than MGS4's which, while extremely well written and fleshed out, is still a relatively cookie-cutter premise which we can find in hundreds if not thousands of novels at our local bookstore. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Bioshock did sell more combined than MGS4 (please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't checked recently).

In the end, I don't see why putting Bioshock against MGS4 is so shocking...

dont give me that crap, cows care more about MGS4 than they do about Bioshock, i never said bioshock was a bad game, im talking about how the WORLD views the 2 games a a whole, and you know that MGS4 is a bigger game. Cows claimed ownage over a game that they insisted was a multiplat because it was on PC, yet somehow it was a blow to 360 when it came to PS3. Now that MGS is just RUMORED, cows act like "its teh year old port" but they were excited about a MULTIPLAT. Double standards FTL??? So dont sit there and act like the backlash would be the same, and you KNOW thats what i mean. I would never say one game is better than the other unless i was stating MY opinion, but i cant judge for others, nor did i try to.
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

for the 157 000 time, MGS4 is not coming to the 360. Kojima hates the Xbox.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

why is anyone anticipating MGS4 going to the 360 in the first place? have there been any signs at all, or just lemming dreams?

NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts

GabeNewellsPie
Yeah.:P On the other hand, if it hurt PS3 that badly, it would push Sony to even more vigorous competition, so they would HAVE to enhance their games even more to stay profitable!:D However, I get the impression that Konami moved on to Metal Gear Touch, so I don't know if they're going to have time for a port.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Would MGS4 be a huge announcement for MS at E3? Hell yeah it would. Unlike Sony, MS knows how to effectively market the hell out of their products, as demonstrated by the ridiculous sales of Halo 3 and Gears of War 1 and 2. This is Metal Gear Solid 4 we're talking about, it's a very well known IP and would be an effective marketing tool for them.

Having said that though, I really don't expect MS to announce a port of MGS 4 at E3. The Sony and Apple product placement (Snake using a DualShock to control the MK2, Otacon's MacBook Pro, etc.) in the game pretty much rules that out in my mind.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

for the 157 000 time, MGS4 is not coming to the 360. Kojima hates the Xbox.

THQ88

for the last time, half-life isn't coming to the ps3. gabe newell hates the ps3. and ninja gaiden sure as hell isn't going to the ps3 because itakgaki hates the ps3. wait...