MGS V GZ (PC) to launch at $19.99

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So the PC version of MGS V GZ launches on steam tomorrow, and according to the konami site will be released for $19.99 (http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/gz/en/products/index.php5 )

Considering many referred to this as an overpriced demo of MGS V, it's probably a good thing they decided not to be dicks about pricing the port.

Does that sway anyone's decision on buying GZ or double dipping?

However, tomorrow is also supposed to be the start of the Steam Winter Sale...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Might be worth a punt then.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

still a crappy price. its 6.60 on XBL right now, and i didn't buy it. people still play MGS? are we in 1998 again?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Best gameplay in a game since Super Mario Galaxy.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i was considering getting the 360 version, because i have a 360 and they're having a sale at the moment - the sale includes MGS. i decided to sleep on it.

well here we are today, yes, yes i think i shall wait a bit longer and grab only the steam version for PC.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I wont' get this game until it's $9.99. And I'm a MGS fanatic. I own all the originals, plus the HD collection, two copies of MGS4 (The collector's edition signed by Kojima,) I waited EIGHT HOURS on a line on my birthday to get that copy signed. I own a psp just to play metal gear acid 1 and 2, portable ops, and peace walker. I refuse to get a vita because there is no mgs game on it.

And...as much as I love MGS....I can't pay $30 or $20 for metal gear demo: ground zeroes.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Steam sale is tomorrow. I'll buy if it sees a sale. Haven't played it yet

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

it'll get discounted liek Rising was at launch. But how much?

If it's 50% off (lol, not gonna happen), i'll buy just to see how it plays. I never played MGS, but the gameplay looks good, so, eh.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I wont' get this game until it's $9.99. And I'm a MGS fanatic. I own all the originals, plus the HD collection, two copies of MGS4 (The collector's edition signed by Kojima,) I waited EIGHT HOURS on a line on my birthday to get that copy signed. I own a psp just to play metal gear acid 1 and 2, portable ops, and peace walker. I refuse to get a vita because there is no mgs game on it.

And...as much as I love MGS....I can't pay $30 or $20 for metal gear demo: ground zeroes.

the HD collection is on the Vita and its great.. sadly Peacewalker isnt in the collection but you can still buy it seperate

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Flubbbs said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

the HD collection is on the Vita and its great

Not enough for me to get a vita. Not that it would take much. I'd love for a metal gear acid 3. I'd buy that damn thing day one for that game. Although that reminds me I should pick up that metal gear 3d game for my 3ds. Just because....

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Going to play this when the release the unavoidable GOTY edition, aka the complete game that should have been launched since day 1.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I'll wait till full release/