MGS 4 vs. Gears 2 Graphics (no 56k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Just to clear things up. Gears 2 character models=12.000 polygons, Solid Snake=15.000 polygons. And MGS4 also have better textures on the character models. The camouflage suit that changes it's textures depending on what you stand next to is very impressive looking. MGS4 beats Gears 2 in total, not all the time. And talking about technical graphics, did'nt Gears 2 have some 2d effects and fake lighting effects??

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

MGS4 has superior character models, and Gears gets the environments and general texture resolution IMO.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

They both have thier strenghts and weaknesses, but overall MGS4 gave more characters and varied locales and the best cinematics yet while using the in-game engine so it gets my vote

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#204 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
They look pretty similiar. Athough If Gears 2 was as bright as those screens of MGS4, I think it would look worse
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

Just to clear things up. Gears 2 character models=12.000 polygons, Solid Snake=15.000 polygons. And MGS4 also have better textures on the character models. The camouflage suit that changes it's textures depending on what you stand next to is very impressive looking. MGS4 beats Gears 2 in total, not all the time. And talking about technical graphics, did'nt Gears 2 have some 2d effects and fake lighting effects??

Martin_G_N

Ive already said this like three times in this thread but I will say it one more time I guess.

Gears 1 Marcus 15,000 polygons

MGS4 Snake 10,000 polygons

opex07

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
The lighting in gears is pathetic and the framerate drops to about 10 frames/s if you have more than 6 guys on the screen in local multiplayer. Although the textures are nothing to write home about in MGS4 the lighting is good and the character models are phenomenal. And non-cartoony character models are the hardest things to do in a game imo so MGS4>Gears but its close.
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
theyre both amazing games so it doesnt really matter.
themerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 themerlin
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]The lighting in gears is pathetic and the framerate drops to about 10 frames/s if you have more than 6 guys on the screen in local multiplayer. Although the textures are nothing to write home about in MGS4 the lighting is good and the character models are phenomenal. And non-cartoony character models are the hardest things to do in a game imo so MGS4>Gears but its close.

HAHAHA the framerate on Gears 2 is rock solid, lay off the crack man
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#209 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]The lighting in gears is pathetic and the framerate drops to about 10 frames/s if you have more than 6 guys on the screen in local multiplayer. Although the textures are nothing to write home about in MGS4 the lighting is good and the character models are phenomenal. And non-cartoony character models are the hardest things to do in a game imo so MGS4>Gears but its close.themerlin
HAHAHA the framerate on Gears 2 is rock solid, lay off the crack man

Rock solid although I've noticed some drops in the brumak and split screen.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#210 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Please we dont want fanboys here. guess you never played MGS4 its got a goddamn stable framerate i have never had a problem with it ever, and i have completed it hmm bout 14 times ( i just love the combat mechanics xD).

Epak_

hate to tell u this, but i get stutters and slow downs when i play.....never had that problem with gears 2.....

That's an outright LIE.

really? have u played on my ps3, i also have problems with sw force unleashed on the felucia levels and i have problems with need for speed shift when there is heavy tree cover and dirt cloud particle effects.....my problem in mgs4 is in south america at dawn and there is alot of action and shadows goin on...slows down to about 15 fps......not jumpy, just slow......and before u say it.....my ps3 has plenty of ventilation. it is sittin out on my desk with at least a foot of clear space on all sides(except for the bottom) and i have a fan blowin on it. it is the latest 80 gig fat model.

dont call me a liar...just because u havnt run into the problem doesnt me that i havent. quite bein such a fanboy....i happen to love my ps3....i just think it could work better

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#211 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

hate to tell u this, but i get stutters and slow downs when i play.....never had that problem with gears 2.....

lpjazzman220

That's an outright LIE.

really? have u played on my ps3, i also have problems with sw force unleashed on the felucia levels and i have problems with need for speed shift when there is heavy tree cover and dirt cloud particle effects.....my problem in mgs4 is in south america at dawn and there is alot of action and shadows goin on...slows down to about 15 fps......not jumpy, just slow......and before u say it.....my ps3 has plenty of ventilation. it is sittin out on my desk with at least a foot of clear space on all sides(except for the bottom) and i have a fan blowin on it. it is the latest 80 gig fat model.

dont call me a liar...just because u havnt run into the problem doesnt me that i havent. quite bein such a fanboy....i happen to love my ps3....i just think it could work better

I guess you didn't notice what I was commenting on.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#213 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

That's an outright LIE.

Epak_

I guess you didn't notice what I was commenting on.

sorry thought u were callin me a liar cause i had slow downs in mgs4 but not really noticable on gears 2.....sorry,

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

They both look good, in my opinion...

MJ4040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 MJ4040
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

I prefer MGS4's graphics. From the character designs and even the environments!!! The gears 2 environments are look less realistic if you ask me.