Metal Gear Solid: Rising or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tmacscores91
Member since 2008 • 1526 Posts

Which will be the better, and mote critically acclaimed game. Metal Gear Solid: Rising will sell more due to it being mulitplatform, but which game do you think will have the higher review score based on what we know now?

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

• Multi-Platform (PS3, X360)
  • First Metal Gear Solid for XBox 360
  • Not directed by Hideo Kojima
  • Raiden is the main Character

E3 Trailer: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

• PSP exclusive
  • Called by Kojima the "real Metal Gear Solid 5"
  • The team from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the developing team for Peace Walker
  • Hideo Kojima is Directing this game
  • Big Boss is the main character

E3 trailer: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Can both be an answer?

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Peace Walker.

AdoringFan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AdoringFan_
Member since 2009 • 1890 Posts

Is Kojima calls Peace Walker his MGS5, then get Peace Walker.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Peace Walker is pretty much a lock for AAAE.

Not enough info on Rising. It's an experiment, anything could happen.

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
Peace Walker; naturally.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Kojima was clear during E3, the true sequel is MGS peace walker, not a spin off like Rising.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

too early to tell, but if i had to guess id say peace walker. Im more excited to see big boss's story continue.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

kojima disses rising the next day saying he's not having a major involvement there are strong indications that MGS most likely won't be a stealth game won't use the MGS4 engine and the core team that made MGS4 is on peacewalker. what do you think? i still wonder why so many xbox fans made a big deal about saying they stole another exclusive. MGS rising may have the name but i doubt it will live up to it

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
I'm definitely getting both but Peace Walker is the one I'm hyping.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Peace Walker will probably get better reviews, but I sure Rising is going to be good. Hope we can get info on both games soon.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Well since Peace Walker has Kojima himself as director, I'd say chances are that will be the better game review-wise.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Rising actually. MGS: PC already had a lot to live up to after the masterpeice that was MGS4, but know its being brought to a less powerful system with less capabilities for the sequel? The trailer looked cool, but the mixed gameplay that MGS4 had didn't look to be there, not to mention the graphics, while great for a PSP game, have NOTHING on MGS4. A big hinderment is the buttons. It will be hard to incorporate a functional shooting mechanic like in MGS4 with just two "triggers" and no right thumbpad. HOWEVER, if they do just stick to stealth gameplay, it may not be that bad. Kojima might pull a Shigeru Miyamoto on us; notice in the trailer, the 4 Snakes. Could this maybe mean 4 player co-op? It would add an extra layer to the game and fill the hole shooting left. Sorta like NSMBW, with 2-D standard platforming BUT with four players. I hope they can do it. Rising on the other hand, we know little of, but Raiden is an interesting character and seeing him in "Lightning Bolt Action" should be interesting and fun. It also has the power of the modern age to aid it.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

MGR for me. Out with the old, in with the new. When Kojima said MGS4 was his last, then I took it as such. No need to milk that part of the franchise any further.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I might acctually buy another PSP game...My last one was when Daxter came out...then i made the mistake of letting my nephew borrow my PSP and he lost the anolog thingy...does anyone know if you can buy those anywhere?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#16 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
It said Kojima will be more involved than a normal producer in Rising. I don't think it will be bad.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

I might acctually buy another PSP game...My last one was when Daxter came out...then i made the mistake of letting my nephew borrow my PSP and he lost the anolog thingy...does anyone know if you can buy those anywhere?

AmayaPapaya
Ebay? You don't need a thumbpad either, my friend lost his and he just uses that thing that sicks out like an analog stick, works just fine.
GameHog9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

AmayaPapaya

I remeber seeing some at the now extinct Circuit City lol. Sorry. try amazon.com.

I am definately getting Peace Walker. I just got into the MGS series, downloaded MGS1 off PSN and now im looking for 2 and 3.

greatness00008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 greatness00008
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
im not hyping up or getting excited about anymore metal gears regardless of which console its on. MGS4 was a satisfying ending for me for the story that I began with MGS
Steel-Panther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Steel-Panther
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
Peace Walker will probably do better considering the standards on the PSP. And it will probably be a great game in its own right.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

From the little we know about both games, i dont like Rising, first of all, no Kojima team in the game, and they have Raiden as the main character, i won't have a problem with that if the game takes place before MGS4, but if occurs after MGS4 i will be pretty upset, i mean, Raiden has his happy ending, why use him again, then again, if it is before MGS4 it may be good if they told some more stuffs here and there.

I prefer Peace Walker, i mean, it has Kojima team on it and the main protagonist is Big Boss.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Well, I think that Peace Walker will probably be an AAA PSP title then, and perhaps MGRising will be AA? Still, both should be fun.

MGR for me. Out with the old, in with the new. When Kojima said MGS4 was his last, then I took it as such. No need to milk that part of the franchise any further.

BioShockOwnz

Kojima said the MGS2 was his last, had you took that as such, you wouldn't have played MGS3. Then Kojima said MGS3 was his last, again, had you taken that as such, you wouldn't have played MGS4. Well, although you didn't like MGS4, it came out, and to numorous accolades, and despite many saying it WOULD NOT be a system seller Killer APP game, it was. And the game also propelled Kojima even further into Gaming history.

So, despite what Kojima says, he actions speak louder than words.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Too early to tell.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Peace Walker because Big Boss is cooler than Raiden.
tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tmacscores91
Peace Walker because Big Boss is cooler than Raiden.princeofshapeir
i'm not gonna lie, raiden was fairly epic in MGS4
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]Peace Walker because Big Boss is cooler than Raiden.tmacscores91
i'm not gonna lie, raiden was fairly epic in MGS4

Still, he had that same lame voice, and he was even more emo this time. Big Boss is a pretty cool guy, meh gets cloned three times and doesn't afraid of anything.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Too early to tell but I want something new so I'm more interested in Rising.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
a console game with good graphics or a psp game with dreadful graphics thats a tough one..
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I dont understand why we should be concerned which game gets better scores... We are talking about 2 x gamesfromthe MGS universe... even if MGS:R is not directedby Kojima & his team I have no doubts it will be an amazing title... as for MGS:PW, have no doubts it will be another amazing exclusive that PSP owners will enjoy :)

tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tmacscores91
a console game with good graphics or a psp game with dreadful graphics thats a tough one..daveg1
Wanna play Killzone 2 with me sometime?
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]a console game with good graphics or a psp game with dreadful graphics thats a tough one..tmacscores91
Wanna play Killzone 2 with me sometime?

yes sure you can find my psn name on my profile..
Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

I'm looking forward to Peace Walker more right now. Not because of any fanboy issues with sharing a Metal Gear title with another platform or that Kojima seems to be favoring Peace Walker more as a would-be MGS5. It's just that it seems like more of what I want from a Metal Gear game. Fans of the franchise love the formula and can see some of the new mechanics in each title. I never think of it as more of the same or a tired pattern. Metal Gear Rising will be good, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it too as I'm interested in what Raiden will be doing or had been doing alongside other characters. Yet while it'll hold some of the basics of MGS's gameplay, it's also going to be introducing some very different gameplay mechanics. I'm all for something new that may be good but sometimes that can make or break the household name. Metal Gear Solid has always delivered great experiences while still offering a new twist with each game. Just hoping that Rising will offer a great experience while not going too overboard that will push existing fans of the series away with it's new additions.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

I think both will be very good, but I have more confidence in the one Kojima is working on.

wonderboy63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wonderboy63
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

BioShockOwnz

your forgeting that rising is just a litle "act" of mgs4, there still experimenting on it, it seems cool, but in general its mgs4 in all over again, in a different way (raidens story) while peacewalker is like mgs5, i voted that each will be good in there own way, cuz we never know.

Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts

I'll take Peace Walker.

Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

wonderboy63

your forgeting that rising is just a litle "act" of mgs4, there still experimenting on it, it seems cool, but in general its mgs4 in all over again, in a different way (raidens story) while peacewalker is like mgs5, i voted that each will be good in there own way, cuz we never know.

I don't think there's been any clear information about what Rising will be about yet. Let it be a side-story, prequel, or an after thought to MGS4. Has there?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

BioShockOwnz
But Raiden is part of that franchise.
curp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 curp11
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts
Peace Walker
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Rising is actually also on the PC. Anyway i'm anticipating Peace Walker, as Portable Ops was a great title.... Not sure about Rising though - I assume it'll be more of an action focused stealth game though.
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
MGS rising PC MGS Peace Walker PSP both games are on amazing systems you sohuld already own
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Both don't interest me for anything other than me being a MGS fan I don't like handhelds(so i don't want a handheld MGS game with peacewalkers) I don't like raiden(so i don't like the idea of action game with raiden). Metal Gear Solid honestly could have took a break after MGS 4, but thats my opinion.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

I would prefer rising but i would really like to go through the story of peace walker(dough i wouldn't like the gameplay)

hassan1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hassan1989
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

I predict 92 for the PW and 90 for Rising.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

PSP game will have the better reviews.

I'm not interested in MGR right now. Feels like left over crumbs Konami are tossing to the 360 crowd.

My mind might change if I hear some interesting details.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

The lack of Kojima's involvement and Solid Snake might make things difficult for MGSR but a AAA isn't out of the question.

Cookigaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cookigaki
Member since 2009 • 690 Posts
Cookigaki wonderes why people getting excited over Rising. Cookigaki have yet to see any info on it. The only info Cookigaki were giving was "action stealth" game. Cookigaki thinks ninja shouldn't be running around sneaky hiding like cowards, all ninja's should be like Ryu. Confront the enemy and kick ass.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Cookigaki wonderes why people getting excited over Rising. Cookigaki have yet to see any info on it. The only info Cookigaki were giving was "action stealth" game. Cookigaki thinks ninja shouldn't be running around sneaky hiding like cowards, all ninja's should be like Ryu. Confront the enemy and kick ass.Cookigaki

actually ninjas were meant to be stealthy and catchleast possibleattention from their enemies... but maybe i'm wrong :)

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Cookigaki thinks ninja shouldn't be running around sneaky hiding like cowardsCookigaki
The very term "Ninjutsu" is related to stealth. The Shinobi-iri (the study of stealth) is one of the 18 disciplines that form the Ninjutsu. Ninjas and stealth are related by definition.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Lighting Bolt Action might be something interesting... let's see how Rising will end up like.

But i can't deny that Peace Walker is the one i'm the most hyped for.

If Kojima himself says that's the real next MGS, then there's no reason to hype Rising more than it.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I think "both will be great in their own way"