METAL GEAR SOLID 5 CONFIRMED BY HIDEO KOJIMA! New Fox engine!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4tqwEr30Z4&feature=g-all-u

Hideo Kojima "There will be a new Metal Gear Solid 5 with the Fox engine"

the sequel to the gaming megaton masterpiece that is Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots?

a PS3 exclusive hopefully?

i love Hideo and all his games that man is such a legend!

what do you think this new MGS is about?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
why would MGS5 be a remake of a previous MGS game? wouldn't it just be called MGS *number of the original game*: *insert subtitle here* a la twin snakes? MGS5 will be its own thing. and i'm willing to bet solid snake will not be playable.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.AtariKidX

We can only hope, the HD collection is multiplat though, that has me worried that they are trying to ease 360 fans into the series.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
I am ready.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrayF0X786

why would MGS5 be a remake of a previous MGS game? wouldn't it just be called MGS *number of the original game*: *insert subtitle here* a la twin snakes? MGS5 will be its own thing. and i'm willing to bet solid snake will not be playable.BrunoBRS
if you are a true fan, you will know how much depth and epicness Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 have, especialy after the ending of Peace Walker. they can be redone in full 3d useing the Fox engine, imagine the possibilites! a young rookie Snake confronts Big Boss for the first time!

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrayF0X786

i hope so too, i want that PS3 Qual-E-TEE!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]why would MGS5 be a remake of a previous MGS game? wouldn't it just be called MGS *number of the original game*: *insert subtitle here* a la twin snakes? MGS5 will be its own thing. and i'm willing to bet solid snake will not be playable.GrayF0X786

if you are a true fan, you will know how much depth and epicness Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 have, especialy after the ending of Peace Walker. they can be redone in full 3d useing the Fox engine, imagine the possibilites! a young rookie Snake confronts Big Boss for the first time!

being "a true fan" has nothing to do with the fact that they won't name a remake "MGS5", they'll name it like one would name a remake. like, you know, twin snakes, that remake "true fans" might have forgotten about because it wasn't called MGS3.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

If you are a true fan, you will know how much depth and epicness Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 have, especialy after the ending of Peace Walker. they can be redone in full 3d useing the Fox engine, imagine the possibilites! a young rookie Snake confronts Big Boss for the first time!

GrayF0X786

I never played them all the way through myself, which is why I've been dreaming of that idea since mgs3. Meeting gray fox and the boss would be epic.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Can't be Solid Snake, it's impossible. Could be Big Boss Snake though.

If it's for this gen I wonder if it will be a multiplat? The MGS4 engine can't be done on 360 (inb4lemsb!tchandsayotherwise, Kojima said 360 can't handle it HIMSELF), so if Fox Engine is going to be more powerful then it wouldn't be a multiplat engine. Or it would be weaker. But I guess anything is possible with Kojima.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]why would MGS5 be a remake of a previous MGS game? wouldn't it just be called MGS *number of the original game*: *insert subtitle here* a la twin snakes? MGS5 will be its own thing. and i'm willing to bet solid snake will not be playable.BrunoBRS

being "a true fan" has nothing to do with the fact that they won't name a remake "MGS5", they'll name it like one would name a remake. like, you know, twin snakes, that remake "true fans" might have forgotten about because it wasn't called MGS3.

lmao a remake of a legendary classic that doesnt need a remake from silicon knights on the gamecube? compared to a remake from Hideo Kojima of a game thats 8bit - turned into a full HD 3D game with next gen visuals are completly diffrent

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

If it's for this gen I wonder if it will be a multiplat? The MGS4 engine can't be done on 360 (inb4lemsb!tchandsayotherwise, Kojima said 360 can't handle it HIMSELF), so if Fox Engine is going to be more powerful then it wouldn't be a multiplat engine. Or it would be weaker. But I guess anything is possible with Kojima.

ShadowMoses900
Well, in the interview, Kojima said he still had some ideas for what to do with Snake after 4. He's got a death sentence, but what happens to him leading up to his demise, I guess, could be MGS 5.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

If you are a true fan, you will know how much depth and epicness Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 have, especialy after the ending of Peace Walker. they can be redone in full 3d useing the Fox engine, imagine the possibilites! a young rookie Snake confronts Big Boss for the first time!

mccoyca112

I never played them all the way through myself, which is why I've been dreaming of that idea since mgs3. Meeting gray fox and the boss would be epic.

THIS! playing as Young Snake meeting Gray Fox as a comrade! then facing the Legendary Big Boss himself, oh man:cry:

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Aww geez. Really?

I thought they finished with Solid Snake at the end of MGS4?

Everything was wrapped up so nicely.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] if you are a true fan, you will know how much depth and epicness Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 have, especialy after the ending of Peace Walker. they can be redone in full 3d useing the Fox engine, imagine the possibilites! a young rookie Snake confronts Big Boss for the first time!

GrayF0X786

lmao a remake of a legendary classic that doesnt need a remake from silicon knights on the gamecube? compared to a remake from Hideo Kojima of a game thats 8bit - turned into a full HD 3D game with next gen visuals are completly diffrent

keep telling yourself that. a remake will never be branded as a new game.
RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

He said something about Snake's adventure not being over. I don't see why they couldn't put it between MGS1 and MGS2, or between MGS2 and 4. A more direct followup to MGS2 would be interesting.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

This.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#18 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ispeakfact

Well, in the interview, Kojima said he still had some ideas for what to do with Snake after 4. He's got a death sentence, but what happens to him leading up to his demise, I guess, could be MGS 5.

Even then he will only have a few months at most.

I think it should be The Boss (the origional one) and you play as her during her days in WW2. You could sneak into Nazi Germany and assinaite Nazi war leaders and try to stop their nuclear program (the Nazis actually had nuclear designes before anyone else did). You would also see how Ocelot is born and other cool things!

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts
Lol at all the loser cows all nervous that it will be on the 360, well sorry to break it to you guys, but, mgs 5 will be on 360, DEAL WITH IT
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Aww geez. Really?

GeoffZak
Alot of people think Snake died at the end of MGS4. But if you watch to the end credits. It shows another video (i think ) it was snakes dad that stopped snake from shooting himself. He told snake he didn't have that aging disease or something like that.... Been too long.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.GamerwillzPS

This.

It won't be. It is already been confirmed that it will be for Next-gen consoles and PC.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]why would MGS5 be a remake of a previous MGS game? wouldn't it just be called MGS *number of the original game*: *insert subtitle here* a la twin snakes? MGS5 will be its own thing. and i'm willing to bet solid snake will not be playable.BrunoBRS

Twin Snakes wasnt even developed by Kojima or Konami. That remake was done by Silicon Knights, the guys who developed the flop....Too Human :lol:

http://www.gamespot.com/too-human/

The game after which, Dennis Dyack went on a butthurt rage on forums after his game flopped, and he even got himself banned on Neogaff (after which he also went on butthurt rage about). Im pretty sure he was also a member of this forum as well.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.ShadowDeathX

This.

It won't be.

It will probably be PS3/Xbox and even PC. Maybe WiiU?? Some like to think MGS is a Sony type exclusive. Fact is i think every MGS game has been on atleast 2 platforms. MGS PS1,PC MGS 2 PS2, Xbox, PC MGS Snake eater PS2, now 3DS and Xbox MGS4 PS3 MGS Twin Snakes Gamecube MGS HD remake PS3,Xbox
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

ShadowMoses900
No offence but you truely are an idiot if you believe that. If multiplats have taught us anything, it's that both systems are similar in power and graphics. Anything on 1 system be ported over to the other. There is no debate about it 7 years later kid. Seriously I've played and finished MGS4 and didn't find it doing anything that couldn't be done on the 360. Don't bring up BR either because I've had to sit and wait while MGS4 installed multiple times. That tells me BR wasn't really needed. If BR wasn't needed then nothing would stop it from coming to the 360 other than Kojima himself. Seriously, take your head out of your fanboy @ss and be objective for once.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Kojima have said he's making a new game that'll be a PS3/V so this could be it? Although I do believe he was speaking of a whole new story.. So, maybe he's making two game?! O:
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crimsonman1245

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

This.

PCgameruk

It won't be.

It will probably be PS3/Xbox and even PC. Maybe WiiU?? Some like to think MGS is a Sony type exclusive. Fact is i think every MGS game has been on atleast 2 platforms. MGS PS1,PC MGS 2 PS2, Xbox, PC MGS Snake eater PS2, now 3DS and Xbox MGS4 PS3 MGS Twin Snakes Gamecube MGS HD remake PS3,Xbox

We dont care if it gets ported afterwards.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Aww geez. Really?

PCgameruk
Alot of people think Snake died at the end of MGS4. But if you watch to the end credits. It shows another video (i think ) it was snakes dad that stopped snake from shooting himself. He told snake he didn't have that aging disease or something like that.... Been too long.

"Snakes dad..." I luled :)
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.GamerwillzPS

This.

Why? What's so important about having 'exclusivity' is it to measure your cow dick? :?

I hope it'll be a good game.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
Love Metal Gear, MGS4 had so much potential, just no game to go with it. PW was built on that games ideas but the PSP held it back quite a bit.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I would love either an MG1 and 2 remake where you can see what happened in better detail and descriptions, or playing as The Boss during WWII.

I can probably live without an MG1/2 remake since I can always play them with Subsistence, but I would love more insight on The Boss and her life and missions, and WWII would be a great place to change up the foundations. No radar, terribly cumbersome radio, old louder weaponry, etc.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

If its not a remake of Metal Gear 1 or 2 I have absolutely no interest. With 4 the series was at a end for me. Im content with that ending.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrayF0X786

He said something about Snake's adventure not being over. I don't see why they couldn't put it between MGS1 and MGS2, or between MGS2 and 4. A more direct followup to MGS2 would be interesting.

RandomWinner

oh yeah sometime straight after MGS2 would also be great!

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 crimsonman1245

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.Inconsistancy

This.

Why? What's so important about having 'exclusivity' is it to measure your cow dick? :?

So it will be more polished, and wont be gimped by a system that might not be able to handle everything that the main system can.

95% of console multiplats have fairly significant tech problems.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
Yeah just look at how polished and consistent MGS4 was:shock:
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.GulliversTravel
Yeah just look at how polished and consistent MGS4 was:shock:

tell me about it a perfect 10 out of 10! that game was perfection and beauty! Hideo is truely amazing!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
If it goes multiplat it's gonna be dumbed down and crap confirmed. Just look at Dark Souls.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.ShadowDeathX

This.

It won't be. It is already been confirmed that it will be for Next-gen consoles and PC.

awww
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Yeah that way it won't be limited by the 360's inferiority.
Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

The Fox engine is a multiplat engine.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#40 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

This.

crimsonman1245

So it will be more polished, and wont be gimped by a system that might not be able to handle everything that the main system can.

95% of exclusives aren't as good as MGS4 either. There are multiplats that are better than MGS4 as well.It really wont make a difference.

If MGS5 is multiplat and isn't as good as MGS4 then it's on the dev, not the systems.

Sheesh, MGS4 isn't even the best Metal Gear to begin with, it being exclusive sure didn't help it measure up to MGS3 and 1.

Why don't cows have confidence that Kojima can make a good multiplat?

If Metal Gears fans were truly concerned that a system were holding back the potential of their game then they'd want it on PC. This isn't about true Metal Gear fans, this is cows with entitlement issues.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

No!!! I love the series and metal gear solid 4 but that ended the series perfectly! Why must this happen!?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadowDeathX

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

This.

crimsonman1245

In that sense, it should be a PC-exclusive then.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.kuraimen
Yeah that way it won't be limited by the 360's inferiority.

That is the point.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Aww geez. Really?

PCgameruk

you dont even have to go anywhere near the end of the credits, i remember it well, it scrolls through the voice cast and big boss's name scrolls up then centers on the screen, holds for a second to sort of let the player be like "wtf? where was big boss in this game?!?!?!?" the bam it goes to a 2 hour cutscene that explains every single question you had left about the series. i like what happens after the credits end tho... otacon: SNAKE! wait up, you forgot these... Snake: hmm no thanks, Im quitting. otacon:**in shock** snake? Snake: these things will kill ya lol i cant believe snake quit smoking, thats what the whole metal gear sage was leading up to. Dont smoke
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
So why should it 'be a PS3 exclusive hopefully?' What does it matter to you if Xbox only owners get to play the game too? Do you care more about the game itself, or about proclaiming ownage over Xbox fanboys in the stupid System Wars metagame that matters nowhere but here?
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]I hope it is a PS3 exclusive.crimsonman1245

We can only hope, the HD collection is multiplat though, that has me worried that they are trying to ease 360 fans into the series.

Look at this. Cows are the worst bunch of fanboys on the planet for this reason. Why would you want a game to be exclusive for any other reason than internet bragging rights? You know for a fact it will be a PS3 game, why not come to 360 too so millions more can enjoy it as well? I bet that when MGS5 gets announced cows are gonna throw a fit like with FFXIII, DMC4, and GTA4. Great.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

So why should it 'be a PS3 exclusive hopefully?' What does it matter to you if Xbox only owners get to play the game too? Do you care more about the game itself, or about proclaiming ownage over Xbox fanboys in the stupid System Wars metagame that matters nowhere but here?charizard1605
They think the 360 will make the PS3 version inferior, despite the fact that 95% of games perform better on the 360 and the fact that when a game is ported from PS3 to 360, it turns out fine. Anyone remember FFXIII? Did the 360 drag the PS3 version down? NO. I can also remember a planned PS3 exclusive, GTA IV, which ended up being BETTER on the 360 when all was said and done. Cows just want it to be exclusive to claim "teh ownage" since they don't have any other ammo. (Last place, least install base, inferior online, etc)

EDIT: Also, just for the record, I don't really give a damn if the game comes to 360 or not, since I haven't liked MG since the NES days. It's just that fanboys who hope a game will NOT come to another system for no reason other than bragging rights make me sick.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShadowDeathX
So why should it 'be a PS3 exclusive hopefully?' What does it matter to you if Xbox only owners get to play the game too? Do you care more about the game itself, or about proclaiming ownage over Xbox fanboys in the stupid System Wars metagame that matters nowhere but here?charizard1605
I would have agreed with them if the PS3 wasn't only marginally more powerful than the Xbox 360.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]So why should it 'be a PS3 exclusive hopefully?' What does it matter to you if Xbox only owners get to play the game too? Do you care more about the game itself, or about proclaiming ownage over Xbox fanboys in the stupid System Wars metagame that matters nowhere but here?ShadowDeathX
I would have agreed with them if the PS3 wasn't only marginally more powerful than the Xbox 360.

And that incremental bump in power will make the game infinitely better than it would be if it had to accommodate the marginally less powerful Xbox 360 hardware how?
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Part of me kinda wants it to be PC exclusive just to see the cow meltdown...