Metal Gear Solid 4 WOW

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Super_Toad_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Super_Toad_64
Member since 2010 • 216 Posts

Iknow im YEARS late on the subject but its because i only just played it starting a week back and its the most horrid game ive played period!

The amount of cut scenes, loading screens, ruined story is just such a diservice to the franchise along with the rubbish boss fights who arent even interesting characters there just crazy chicks in Gimp suits FFS! .I rate this Lower than MGS 2 WAY lower (I actually thought MGS2 was good!).

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
It's def not divisive from the franchise.
designer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 designer-
Member since 2010 • 1328 Posts
There is a lot of good in MGS4. Sadly its overpowered by a nauseating level of crap. I loved 1 to 3, think MGS3 is honestly right up there with the best of the best. The 4th title was supposedly made for "me" (aka fan service). By the final graveyard scene I was just angry. The finger banging ocelot, the whole "live your life", the overwhelming amount of pure useless additions like Drebins monkey, Meryll and Akibas "love", pretty much anything to do with Ocelot.

MGS4 is not a bad game, but it was one of very few games I would consider buying a console for. Then I played it. It is honestly my biggest disappointment this generation
italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

I found it decent, but its name is history, those games will barely ever get bad scores even if they're not top notch.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="designer-"]There is a lot of good in MGS4. Sadly its overpowered by a nauseating level of crap. I loved 1 to 3, think MGS3 is honestly right up there with the best of the best. The 4th title was supposedly made for "me" (aka fan service). By the final graveyard scene I was just angry. The finger banging ocelot, the whole "live your life", the overwhelming amount of pure useless additions like Drebins monkey, Meryll and Akibas "love", pretty much anything to do with Ocelot.

MGS4 is not a bad game, but it was one of very few games I would consider buying a console for. Then I played it. It is honestly my biggest disappointment this generation

Agreed. They should've stopped at 3.
Avatar image for jarediswicked92
jarediswicked92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jarediswicked92
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
Horribly overrated.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I thought it was great... one of the best games this gen

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="Super_Toad_64"]

Iknow im YEARS late on the subject but its because i only just played it starting a week back and its the most horrid game ive played period!

The amount of cut scenes, loading screens, ruined story is just such a diservice to the franchise along with the rubbish boss fights who arent even interesting characters there just crazy chicks in Gimp suits FFS! .I rate this Lower than MGS 2 WAY lower (I actually thought MGS2 was good!).

Ya, I bought this a few months ago.. waste of money. Not sure HOW it got a 10 here on Gamespot...
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I DISRESPECTFULLY disagree with you

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Its also badly written with some of the most awful dialogue in a game.

hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts

Sorry TC but your void opinion isn't worth a used stick of gum. We're on Gamespot, Gamespot scores is what matters GS has said MGS4 is "Technically the most stunning video game ever made" and "A fine of example of storytelling within its medium prowess"

That being I agree with GS completely Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best I have ever played.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="designer-"]There is a lot of good in MGS4. Sadly its overpowered by a nauseating level of crap. I loved 1 to 3, think MGS3 is honestly right up there with the best of the best. The 4th title was supposedly made for "me" (aka fan service). By the final graveyard scene I was just angry. The finger banging ocelot, the whole "live your life", the overwhelming amount of pure useless additions like Drebins monkey, Meryll and Akibas "love", pretty much anything to do with Ocelot.

MGS4 is not a bad game, but it was one of very few games I would consider buying a console for. Then I played it. It is honestly my biggest disappointment this generation KHAndAnime

Why?? Kojima did an excellent job with Peace Walker... the problem with MGS4 is that the story is so heavy, easy to get lost and mostly easy to get bored by it. Too much needless crap.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="designer-"]There is a lot of good in MGS4. Sadly its overpowered by a nauseating level of crap. I loved 1 to 3, think MGS3 is honestly right up there with the best of the best. The 4th title was supposedly made for "me" (aka fan service). By the final graveyard scene I was just angry. The finger banging ocelot, the whole "live your life", the overwhelming amount of pure useless additions like Drebins monkey, Meryll and Akibas "love", pretty much anything to do with Ocelot.

MGS4 is not a bad game, but it was one of very few games I would consider buying a console for. Then I played it. It is honestly my biggest disappointment this generation GreenGoblin2099

Why?? Kojima did an excellent job with Peace Walker... the problem with MGS4 is that the story is so heavy, easy to get lost and mostly easy to get bored by it. Too much needless crap.

Peace Walker is cool and everything but the game is really really really silly. Instead of servicing the current convoluted story, Kojima should take what he's learned and write something new.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I think it's a great game, not a 10 but for sure higher then a 8.
designer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 designer-
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Agreed. They should've stopped at 3.

They should just learn to cut down on their nonsense and stop insulting the characters that they have spent so long building up.

SPOILERS

Its ridiculous that snake does not shoot himself at the end. It basically insults the strongest scene in MGS4 (the toaster) let alone the entire series. Drebin as a character was just unneeded. I honestly liked the stories about the four women but they had nothing to do with anything. It was pure and utter nonsense just thrown in for some dramatic effect. Why did we need Meryl there at all, Akiba with his non nanomachineness (just made up a word) was important to the plot, Meryll was completely unneeded. I liked to see Eva, but again, her presence was fan service.

Hideo went out to make a game that was a service for the people that loved the series, but in doing so he got so worked up on making sure that ever plot element was put in that it just stopped being about the central elements of what happened in 4 but rather about having cameos from everyone that once showed their face in the series.

Did I mention the ending was just a pure load of s**t? I feel I have but it needs to be said a few times over. I may sound angry, Im not, its just the MGS was one of the series I kind grew up with. It honestly saddens me just how disappointing the "final" solid snake game was.
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this game.

cheddar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cheddar99
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts

Sorry TC but your void opinion isn't worth a used stick of gum. We're on Gamespot, Gamespot scores is what matters GS has said MGS4 is "Technically the most stunning video game ever made" and "A fine of example of storytelling within its medium prowess"

That being I agree with GS completely Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best I have ever played.

hd5870corei7

How dare he disagree with you/gamespot? Disgusting.

Anyway, I agree, it was a pretty big let down.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

hd5870corei7

i couldn't care less what gamespot scored it at, it's most definitely not a 10.

chucholucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chucholucho
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

The epicness that was intentioned went overboard. Too much bringing back from the dead and useless correlating with the previous installments.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Hideo went out to make a game that was a service for the people that loved the series, but in doing so he got so worked up on making sure that ever plot element was put in that it just stopped being about the central elements of what happened in 4 but rather about having cameos from everyone that once showed their face in the series. designer-

It's because fans demanded an answer to all "loose ends" on the story, and he promised he would deliver those, making the story of this particular chapter so heavy on REALLY needless crap. In a sense, we are to blame those who asked for this and of course Kojima for giving up to those demands just for the sake of making them happy.

After all, it wasn't the first time Kojima tries to please the raging fans: Turning "Raiden" gay in MGS3 was a way to please those who were angered by MGS2.

Kojima lost some of my respect there and like 3 times more with MGS4.

Did I mention the ending was just a pure load of s**t? I feel I have but it needs to be said a few times over. I may sound angry, Im not, its just the MGS was one of the series I kind grew up with. It honestly saddens me just how disappointing the "final" solid snake game was.designer-

Well, we still have Big Boss, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than Solid Snake IMO.

I was glad to see Kojima making things right with Peace Walker. :)

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

unlike the previous ones (namely 1 and 3) this one has great gameplay but crap story (well mostly the second half).

2 was complete ass though at least 4 is better than that one.

designer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 designer-

Well, we still have Big Boss, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than Solid Snake IMO.

I was glad to see Kojima making things right with Peace Walker. :)

GreenGoblin2099

I should give Peace Walker a go I guess. Given Big Bosses presence and the awesomeness that was MGS3 I guess it deserves a second chance..

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I'll say I disagree with you and leave it at that

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Horribly overrated,It wasn't a bad game (8.5-9.0 imo) I just didn't think it was the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
No way man. One of my favorite games this gen. I played the game in anticipation of the next cut scene I enjoyed them so much. But then again it takes a certain personality to appreciate these kinds of things.
ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

It's one of the best games that I've played this gen.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

welcome to 2008

back when the game came out i was pretty much as hyped as i'd ever been for a game this gen, MGS4 was one of the biggest reason i bought a PS3 ahead of time in 2007, other than GTA4 i hadn't really been playing many ps3 games for months before it came out, so i bought the MGS collection and replayed all 3 games and timed it so when i finished MGS3 that MGS4 would be available the next week

pre-ordered the limited edition and everything, pretty much didn't have anything to play other than MGS4 for the entire month

aaaaaaaaaaaand i ended up liking/disliking it about 25/75, it annoyed me so much i finally gave in and bought a 360 for Mass Effect and Bioshock the very next month

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
I loved MGSIV. However, Kojima could have direly used an editor.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

I just finished the game a few days ago. Extremely overrated game with its fair share of flaws. I like 1 and 2 much better(havent played 3)

Stumpt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Stumpt25
Member since 2006 • 1482 Posts
It's easily the best game to come out of this generation. Nothing else comes close.
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

I DISRESPECTFULLY disagree with you

Solid_Link22
as do i, one of my favorite games.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#33 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I found it a joy to play through but the cut scene do drag on.

mulac2910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mulac2910
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

One of the biggest let downs ever for me. I couldn't even sit through the ending and just turned the game off.

Avatar image for _Judge_Gabranth
_Judge_Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 _Judge_Gabranth
Member since 2006 • 257 Posts

The gameplay is way better then the previous games. The story is the best this gen. I dont get the people who complain about the cutscenes MGS has always been cutscene heavy. Its easily one of the top 1 or 2 games this gen.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

MGS4 is not a bad game, but it was one of very few games I would consider buying a console for. Then I played it. It is honestly my biggest disappointment this generation KHAndAnime

Uhh.... 2 ended in a cliffhanger (3 was a prequel). 4 was necessary, but I consider it the fluke of the series. 3 is best.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

For me it´s a great 9.0 game. not 10/10 at all

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
Still one of the best this gen imo, even though as someone else said Kojima needs an editor. One of the most epic games ever. It needs to be played on BBH though to get the full effect.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

I bought it when it came out, got bored and sold it. Bought it again just a few weeks ago and to my surprise the game is actually tolerable (I skipped all of the cutscenes :P). The gameplay is fine, but the pacing is some of the worst I've ever seen. I felt like for every minute of gameplay I had to trudge through at least 10 minutes of video.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="designer-"]There is a lot of good in MGS4. Sadly its overpowered by a nauseating level of crap. I loved 1 to 3, think MGS3 is honestly right up there with the best of the best. The 4th title was supposedly made for "me" (aka fan service). By the final graveyard scene I was just angry. The finger banging ocelot, the whole "live your life", the overwhelming amount of pure useless additions like Drebins monkey, Meryll and Akibas "love", pretty much anything to do with Ocelot.

MGS4 is not a bad game, but it was one of very few games I would consider buying a console for. Then I played it. It is honestly my biggest disappointment this generation RandomWinner

Uhh.... 2 ended in a cliffhanger (3 was a prequel). 4 was necessary, but I consider it the fluke of the series. 3 is best.

The story is better left unfinished. It's not like 4 even tied up all the loose ends anyways.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Nice attempt to bash one of the greatest games ever made. MGS4 = perfection.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#42 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Wow... a bunch of lemmings and sheep(almost entire 1st page of thread) bashing MGS4 who would of guessed?

BTW... the game is a masterpiece you sure you were playing the right game?

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I just can't force myself to continue playing it. There are so many better PS3 games to play than that overrated game. I'd rather play Little Big Planet, or Uncharted 2 for the 4th playthrough... honestly, even Killzone 2 was more fun.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

Nice attempt to bash one of the greatest games ever made. MGS4 = perfection.djsifer01

what was perfect about it?

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#45 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

The gameplay is way better then the previous games. The story is the best this gen. I dont get the people who complain about the cut scenes MGS has always been cut scene heavy. Its easily one of the top 1 or 2 games this gen.

_Judge_Gabranth
If this game came out last gen or ps1 gen, you would not hear these complaints. For some reason a lot of new gamers this gen seem to hate cut scenes. There have been threads just about people hating cut scenes... I personally love the cutscenses as they blended into gameplay seamlessly. The game was a masterpiece. This thread came about most likely from People saying SMG2 didn't deserve a 10 thread.... my guess anyway.
designer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 designer-

Wow... a bunch of lemmings and sheep(almost entire 1st page of thread) bashing MGS4 who would of guessed?

Midnightshade29
Why do you have to be a fanboy if you dislike a game? Thats about the same thing as saying that Im racist if I dont like 50 Cent...
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts

Midnightshade29
So you can't have an opinion?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#48 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's not a bad game, it has it's flaws, but to say it's bad is going there, it's a great game.

It isn't the best PS3 game either, that goes to Uncharted 2.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Midnightshade29

Yeah because anyone who disagrees with you is a lemming or a sheep?

On-Topic: I thought MGS4 was terrific. I still didnt beat it yet and its already one of my favorite games