ME or KOTOR??????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

game_fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 game_fanatic
Member since 2006 • 2883 Posts

to people who have played both which do you prefer?? the bland, horrible ,un-emotional storytelling that is KOTOR? or the new version of that kind of storytelling with shiny graphics?? discuss :D

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Hmmmmm... muffins! :)

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
has much has i love ME i just love KOTOR Better
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Im a big fan of both KOTOR games and Mass Effect but with that being said i enjoy Mass Effect more then KOTOR.

Mass Effect is one of the most amazing games ive played in years

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Mass Effect is superior in virually every way. The combat is more exciting, the story is better (the Star Wars license is too limiting), the characters are more interesting and the good vs. bad concept is far more nuanced. KOTOR was a fantastic game, but compared to Mass Effect it just isn't up to par. The only advantage I'd give to KOTOR is the story is longer.
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

I like both... I haven't finished ME yet, but so far it has been pretty great. (only about 17 hours in)

I wish ME had more cities like Kotor, there's really only one city in ME which was disappointing.

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
I would pick you.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts

I would pick you.Gamingcucumber

I pick me.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

I like both... I haven't finished ME yet, but so far it has been pretty great. (only about 17 hours in)

I wish ME had more cities like Kotor, there's really only one city in ME which was disappointing.

Harbadakus
I agree more cities would have been great. KOTOR's locations had a city and a non city where the action takes place, all I can remember in ME is the citadel and Noveria if you can call that a city. Any to the TC's question, I must have recycled this answer 3 times already, but both have their good points over the other. KOTOR's characters were more interesting, you can't beat HK-47. The story in KOTOR is probably better, not by much but the twist in KOTOR gave it new light. The combat and dialogue in ME excel KOTOR by miles, although I do miss my light-saber. From your sig I see I will get nowehere, but KOTOR a horrible, unemotional story?... NO!
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

I would pick you.Gamingcucumber

seconded

game_fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 game_fanatic
Member since 2006 • 2883 Posts
[QUOTE="Harbadakus"]

Brutal_Elitegs

I agree more cities would have been great. KOTOR's locations had a city and a non city where the action takes place, all I can remember in ME is the citadel and Noveria if you can call that a city. Any to the TC's question, I must have recycled this answer 3 times already, but both have their good points over the other. KOTOR's characters were more interesting, you can't beat HK-47. The story in KOTOR is probably better, not by much but the twist in KOTOR gave it new light. The combat and dialogue in ME excel KOTOR by miles, although I do miss my light-saber. From your sig I see I will get nowehere, but KOTOR a horrible, unemotional story?... NO!

well really the story wasn't really that involving compared to say a lot of thoer RPG's :S it was a GOOD story to be sure, but it jsut doesn't have the actual STORYdepth you would get from a different RPG. your character not talking helped contribute to detracting from the stories impact on the player.

but just to be sure i might play through it again in the next day or so :D

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PBSnipes
[QUOTE="Harbadakus"]

Brutal_Elitegs

I have to disagree about the characters and story. Other than HK and Bastila I found all the characters to be pretty generic. They had more depth than than most characters but they still fell into fairly standard moulds. Also the story, while good, was far too limited by the Star Wars license. You were obviously going to become a Jedi, you were obviously going to fight the Sith and it was too black and white compared to ME. It was still damn good, but Mass Effects is much better.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
ME is really one of the best video games I've ever played. People will say "you haven't played many games then", but they're full of it. It's a Top 10 lifetime game, it's just that good. GS has never been so off the mark with a flop, and I rarely say that.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

Graphics: Mass Effect

Story: Tie

Sound: Mass Effect

Voice acting: Mass Effect

Side Quests: Kotor

Combat: ...Probably tie for me

Characters: Tie

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PBSnipes
ME is really one of the best video games I've ever played. People will say "you haven't played many games then", but they're full of it. It's a Top 10 lifetime game, it's just that good. GS has never been so off the mark with a flop, and I rarely say that.whoisryanmack
GS's ME review isn't so much off the mark as their other reviews are. ME suffers from some considerable technical issues that could understandably lead to an 8.5 (look at it this way, how many games rated 8.5 have a number of fatal glitches?). The bigger issue is games like AC and Halo 3 being so highly rated.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]ME is really one of the best video games I've ever played. People will say "you haven't played many games then", but they're full of it. It's a Top 10 lifetime game, it's just that good. GS has never been so off the mark with a flop, and I rarely say that.PBSnipes
GS's ME review isn't so much off the mark as their other reviews are. ME suffers from some considerable technical issues that could understandably lead to an 8.5 (look at it this way, how many games rated 8.5 have a number of fatal glitches?). The bigger issue is games like AC and Halo 3 being so highly rated.

I think the review should be revised. It's clear he did not play the game properly and complained about things that aren't even true like not being able to move the Mako turret up or down. You can move it up normally and when zoomed in you can move it anywhere.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

has much has i love ME i just love KOTOR BetterPS360Fanboy

MASS EFFECT is RPG of the year and potential GOTY. It's probably my game of the year but won't decide til I've finished it. I heard the endings amazing.

I voted Kotor though. I just loved Kotor I holda candle for that game like other greats Chrono Trigger, FF7. I played Kotor at a time when every RPG seemed the same and was rather dull and boring and at the right time.

ME is amazing but its taken some steps forward and some steps back. But I have yet to finish and maybe my mind will change.

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
[QUOTE="Brutal_Elitegs"][QUOTE="Harbadakus"]

game_fanatic

well really the story wasn't really that involving compared to say a lot of thoer RPG's :S it was a GOOD story to be sure, but it jsut doesn't have the actual STORYdepth you would get from a different RPG. your character not talking helped contribute to detracting from the stories impact on the player.

but just to be sure i might play through it again in the next day or so :D

Absolute rubbish. I've played almost all the FF, Chrono's, Baldurs, E-Scrolls among other Story based games like Deus Ex.

Kotor's strongest point was its amazing story and depth of story. It paced itself well and had an amazing ending that few games can compare too. Kotor imo could be considered the best story in a game ever. I've enjoyed many delightful stories but Kotor's even with its limited Star Wars realm was fantastic and engaging.

my opinion but seriously Kotor's story was great...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Love M.E. But...

Kotor Baby !

In KOTOR, I thought the end had come about three times before the real end really did come and credits rolled.

M.E., the credits were rolling and I was shocked that the game was really over ! :cry:

Many other things as well but man I can not believe that the game ended without that feeling of:

Wow I thought the game was going to end three levels ago - did they fool me - awesome - kind of thing ! :?

PS: really miss the Light Sabers and all the saber rattling too. :)

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

graphically, environments, gameplay, and interaction i have to go with ME.you can tell they tried to go over the top and spent a lot of money developing this game.

storywise ME was good but i thought KOTOR 1 was better due to how they portraited darth malak. this is coming from a guy who isnt a fan of star wars.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts
liked both games but KOTOR is still my fav rpg
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
ME is like a KOTOR v2.0
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

I have to go with KOTOR.

Much longer and fulfilling quest, better party character development, more amusing characters in the s-tyle of Bioware, like Jolee and HK, better side quests, more cities.

I like the novelties that Mass Effect bought to Bioware's c-lassic s-tyle. Your main character speaking his lines for the first time was really great, as well as the background options were perfectly integrated throughout the game. The adventure is really short though, even though it took me 50 hours, I can see it is possible to finish it on 12, if you so desired it.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Much longer and fulfilling quest, better party character development, more amusing characters in the s-tyle of Bioware, like Jolee and HK, better side quests, more cities.

Panzer_Zwei

yea they had memorable and better developed characters in kotor 1.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

to people who have played both which do you prefer?? the bland, horrible ,un-emotional storytelling that is KOTOR? or the new version of that kind of storytelling with shiny graphics?? discuss :D

game_fanatic
Did you seriosly just call KOTOR's story bland and en-emotional ? :lol: yeah you must have it mistaken with one of your FF games :wink: For those of us who are star wars fans and know the backstory KOTOR is miles ahead of Mass effect which is why io picked it because im more familiar with the universe. Mass effect has a wonderful story have beaten it yet tho.