MCC FLOPPED, what does xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCC FLOPPED, what does xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015? (16 votes)

Inferior multiplats FTW? 63%
Clouds and just wait til Halo 5 next chirstmas? 75%

Halo MCC is the biggest flop of the generation so far and regardless on GS's score social media is having a field day with how terrible the launch has been (similar to DriveClub).

No matter what fanboys say, only the biggest Halo fanatic are going out to buy an xbone for the MCC collection in light of how the game has turned out. Other than that, only people who already invested in the system will see the game as a must have.

Moving forward, MCC was MS's last card to play 2014, so now we look into 2015...but I don't see anything there, Do you? MS may care about holiday sales but that isn't going to help for the rest of the year. I have yet to see ANY release dates for any of the high profile xbone games for 2015 and it's less then a month an a half away.

So my question is, now that MS's 4Q holiday 2014 push is done, what will push the system 1Q 2015? What games are fans able to get excited for in the beginning if the upcoming year?

• 
miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

@blueinheaven said:

An incredibly lame Xbox One hate thread with a poll devised by someone with an IQ under 10. The TC even claims Halo MCC is a flop. Seriously, it's hard to imagine how this thread could have failed harder.

LMAO...

@sts106mat said:

gone for AAA, wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get a 10 though, 343 seem to have gone all out with this one.

@deadline-zero0 said:

GS seems more willing to use the 10 scale now. Don't fully believe it'll happen, but since all the halo games are high scoring on gamespot, i voted AAAA.

@BigBadBully said:

I voted AAAA, 343 really did a great job with this collection. The fact they were able to unify all the games (campaign/multiplayer) seamlessly is amazing.

They set the bar with this collection. Somewhat, on topic would love Sony If they could make a socom/twisted metal collection for PS4. Would love some updated socom 1-3 multiplayer.

@miiiiv said:

AAAA

It's an incredible collection. One of the few collections/remakes that is actually worth paying full price for.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I voted AAAA too -- although it's not exclusive. ;)

@YD_11 said:

Damn, this game is going to be epic! That achievement/rival video was news to me and is awesome. I voted 9 but I could see this getting a 10 honestly

@behardy24 said:

Possibly AAAA if everything falls in place.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

AAAA baby!!!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

AAAA all day, all night, you know what you want. Right here on Dave T.V.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Alucard_Prime said:

Hehe nice one TC....AAAA of course, the value here is just through the roof. Unless you played every single Halo game to death, it's hard to pass this up if you're a Halo fan. Even for those people, there are some new things, such as dedicated server support(AFAIK previous Halo games were all P2P), access to the upcoming show, access to the Halo 5 beta, having all the games in 1 place and being able to easily jump online from one game to the next, etc....I never really played Halo 2, and I will gladly replay all the campaings back to back, it will be a nice refresher for the story, lots of new achivements, and I'm hungry for some Halo lol, have not played for a while now since Halo 4 released.

@funkmaster1233 said:

AAAAE. I will be playing this bad boy for years to come like I did with the other games when the online was still up/populated. The ONLY downside to Halo 3 was the servers and now they are fixed. Halo 2 will always be my favourite but I cannot wait to play them all

@FastRobby said:

Unless they fucked up something small I can't imagine it not getting a 10...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-masterchief-collection-discussion-thread-game-31644560/#1425

What don't you understand about the concept of flop cretin? Talking bout low IQ's because of your anger about an overhyped videogame and the silly users who made it so because I called it out? lol, I'd be surprised if you weren't a tiny-bopper.

Why don't you go take a look at the system wars survival guide and educate yourself on what the term "flop" constitutes in this forum as you seem to be completely clueless and ignorant as you spout your emotional non-sense about failing lol.

Suddenly lems can't accept the established SW metagame rule about flops. As recent as DriveClub, a game that wasn't even hyped AA, failed to meet hype lems were religiously knowledgeable about how hype and meta game worked and who can forget 5club and flopclub.

Lems after Halo MCC score

Now that Halo MCC is a megaflop lems are playing victim and don't know how any of this flop or meta game stuff works anymore. lems doing more flip flops and 180s than a gymnastics act. 6.0 are "great" now!

That's the first time someone called me a lem. I have never owned an xbox console in my life, I just really like the Halo games but 30 fps in a shooter is barely acceptable imo. That's why I was glad to see these 4 great games remade and now running at 60 fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Halo flopped here due to bugs but saying it got similar scores elsewhere is false. It has an 8.7 on Metacritic which would mean most sites are keeping it in the 9 range. The game is an amazing value, I have been sticking to single player as that's why I always loved the Halo games(mostly Co-op Story). I might try matchmaking when the new patch is live, today? But then again the incredible Dragon Age is what has pulled me away from all other games now.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@kinectthedots:

I've played 70 hours of the campaign so far and 50 multiplayer games so it didn't flop for ME. I said I would be playing this for years to come and I certainly will be. The reviewer took 4 points off due to problems with the multiplayer at launch and that's all getting fixed tonight. If the reviewer said that the games were horrible and 343 ruined the multiplayer then I would totally feel like it flopped but 343 added the original ranking to all the games and put out the best forge in Halo history. The new Halo 2 is the best remaster I've ever played/seen too. Again, I know it flopped on gamestop but sadly it was for all the wrong reasons so it doesn't feel like a flop to anyone that has actually played the game.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#154 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not pandering anything. I don't form a conclusion without facts.....which is what fan boys do. When and if the game is fixed....it's fixed. Until then it's wait and see. You throw words out as insults because someone doesn't agree with your stance. I don't have a dog in this fight. Whether MCC does well or not is not my concern....however the game as released was broken. And whether or not I wish to play a game I dislike seeing gamers making excuses for shoddy work. It means going forward it won't matter if games are rushed out the door for profit because gamers will buy them. That does concern me. I don't like the trend of broken games on release. It's bull shit and the blame is on the individuals that reward devs/pubs by buying them.

And making excuses for them....

Arguing for the sake of arguing is pretty lame, as this all began based on you inferring that Halo MCC will not be fixed and that we don't know whether it will be fixed or whatever. Your "conclusion" there is formed based on what logical foundation (nevermind relying on other opinions to form your own 'conclusion')? What evidence, or reasonable cause, do you have to believe Halo won't be fixed? I mean, for starters, if Halo had a history of receiving a lack of support then you may have a point, but it doesn't. It has received an abundance of support over the past decade.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not pandering anything. I don't form a conclusion without facts.....which is what fan boys do. When and if the game is fixed....it's fixed. Until then it's wait and see. You throw words out as insults because someone doesn't agree with your stance. I don't have a dog in this fight. Whether MCC does well or not is not my concern....however the game as released was broken. And whether or not I wish to play a game I dislike seeing gamers making excuses for shoddy work. It means going forward it won't matter if games are rushed out the door for profit because gamers will buy them. That does concern me. I don't like the trend of broken games on release. It's bull shit and the blame is on the individuals that reward devs/pubs by buying them.

And making excuses for them....

Arguing for the sake of arguing is pretty lame, as this all began based on you inferring that Halo MCC will not be fixed and that we don't know whether it will be fixed or whatever. Your "conclusion" there is formed based on what logical foundation (nevermind relying on other opinions to form your own 'conclusion')? What evidence, or reasonable cause, do you have to believe Halo won't be fixed? I mean, for starters, if Halo had a history of receiving a lack of support then you may have a point, but it doesn't. It has received an abundance of support over the past decade.

Uh no. I said you cannot say it WILL be fixed. I said nothing about it not being fixed. Straw man there dude.

And now we have you arguing for the sake of arguing and not even sticking to what was actually posted. If you are going to engage in discussions with me please read what I actually post. Thank you.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

MCC would have single handily saved the Xbox One but due to its multiplier problems nearly one third of the people who bought the game returned it and at least a few thousand more people skipped it all together after hearing about its problems. M$ seriously needs to rethink this 343 strategy.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Reading the GAF Halo thread is cracking me up. This game seems broken beyond belief.

343 has done an excellent job of redeeming the Halo name. and TLHBO.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Uh no. I said you cannot say it WILL be fixed. I said nothing about it not being fixed. Straw man there dude.

And now we have you arguing for the sake of arguing and not even sticking to what was actually posted. If you are going to engage in discussions with me please read what I actually post. Thank you.

Shockingly, you didn't answer the questions there-in. What reason or cause do you have to state that the game will not be fixed? You began this discussion by bringing doubt that it will be fixed based on... something. Stop beating around the bush.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Shockingly, you didn't answer the questions there-in. What reason or cause do you have to state that the game will not be fixed? You began this discussion by bringing doubt that it will be fixed based on... something. Stop beating around the bush.

Shockingly you still didn't understand what you read. There is a vast difference in telling you that you can't assume it will be fixed and saying it won't be fixed. Unless you can understand that difference a discussion is pointless. You continue to attribute statements to me I have NOT said.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sts106mat said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: why bother? that guy will argue that sky is green and grass is orange

LOL dude...having problems with discussions? I'm not the one arguing here...he is. He's not even stating my post correctly.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Stupid,

It's about marketing. Q4 is the best time to sell your products. If you knew anything about... well... anything, you'd know that.

180p is not significant, regardless how many times you cud chewers say it is.

That'll be why D4, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive, a quirky download-only Kinect game, a niche genre and a new IP, didn't flop then. Oh wait. Like I said, when even your God Phil says spreading out your games makes more sense, you're on the losing side. Deal with it.

Says you, WhinyJoke. 500,000 pixels difference when 1080p is 2,000,000 pixels is very significant.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Shockingly you still didn't understand what you read. There is a vast difference in telling you that you can't assume it will be fixed and saying it won't be fixed. Unless you can understand that difference a discussion is pointless. You continue to attribute statements to me I have NOT said.

To imitate/mock is very elementary. I can express the idea that it will be fixed based on inductive reasoning. You are welcome to disagree, but the semantic pandering of "not every is absolute" is a copout/knee jerk reaction. It's playing the line insteadof making a reasonable discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Stupid,

It's about marketing. Q4 is the best time to sell your products. If you knew anything about... well... anything, you'd know that.

180p is not significant, regardless how many times you cud chewers say it is.

That'll be why D4, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive, a quirky download-only Kinect game, a niche genre and a new IP, didn't flop then. Oh wait. Like I said, when even your God Phil says spreading out your games makes more sense, you're on the losing side. Deal with it.

Says you, WhinyJoke. 500,000 pixels difference when 1080p is 2,000,000 pixels is very significant.

Two IPs is not "flooding the market", stupid.

Says everyone except cows, stupid. If you didn't honor your namesake so much, you'd know that.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

Two IPs is not "flooding the market", stupid.

Says everyone except cows, stupid. If you didn't honor your namesake so much, you'd know that.

No one said anything about "flooding the market" with them, WhinyJoke. They were drowned out by the behemoth titles that came out recently though, so thank you for making my point for me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

To imitate/mock is very elementary. I can express the idea that it will be fixed based on inductive reasoning. You are welcome to disagree, but the semantic pandering of "not every is absolute" is a copout/knee jerk reaction. It's playing the line insteadof making a reasonable discussion.

And you have certainly NOT made a reasonable discussion....you CONTINUE to use straw man arguments.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

And you have certainly NOT made a reasonable discussion....you CONTINUE to use straw man arguments.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic: I see you continue to go in circles instead of presenting your thoughts in a reasonable manner, so with that, we must agree to disagree.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

What's the big deal? Game should be fixed by PS5 release, be patient.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic: I see you continue to go in circles instead of presenting your thoughts in a reasonable manner, so with that, we must agree to disagree.

What the **** dude....I'm not going in circles...I'm saying stop misrepresenting what I said. It's that simple and I don't know why you can't understand that.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

What the **** dude....I'm not going in circles...I'm saying stop misrepresenting what I said. It's that simple and I don't know why you can't understand that.

Sure. Once again, agree to disagree.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GrenadeLauncher

People actually bought Xbones for this debacle.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Sure. Once again, agree to disagree.

I don't think you understand how to use that expression.but whatever. You won't admit you misrepresented my post and it's not that interesting to watch your spin. Caio man....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 LJS9502_basic

@peecee_rocks said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't think you understand how to use that expression.but whatever. You won't admit you misrepresented my post and it's not that interesting to watch your spin. Caio man....

my friend casuaLJ, you are wrong as always. stop arguing and accept halo MCC is console casual trash. Half life is real game

I'm not defending MCC Sniper. It shouldn't have been released.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

@lostrib said:

this thread is bad

Understatement of the century...

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 GrenadeLauncher

At this point we can all safely agree that the Disaster Chief Collection is the worst thing to happen to the Xbone since "We have a console if you don't have the Internet, it's called the Xbox 360."