May 2014 NPD thread of officiality

• 434 results
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll May 2014 NPD thread of officiality (178 votes)

PS4 did its thing again. It's a blowout! 57%
XBone is back in the saddle. Good news swings the US firmly back to MS. 6%
Nintendo made like an Altered Beast and RISEd FROM IT'S GRAVE! Rawr! 11%
PS4 won, but not by much. May was not an easy victory for the Playstation. 16%
XBone is winning back the US slowly but surely. Wasn't a big victory, but an important one. 5%
Nintendo scrapped one out. Came out on top, though. Winning is winning #VinDiesel 4%

What kind of NPD month are we going to have from May? System Wars, the vote begins now! I will try to update the OP with the results when they become available. I figured a poll would be a fun way to do it this time.

• 
applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#201 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I don't understand the constant celebration of sales from you cows, especially when last gen sales didn't matter.

Anyway, solid month for the gaming industry as a whole. Good job Sony, Ninty and Microsoft!

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

I don't understand the constant celebration of sales from you cows, especially when last gen sales didn't matter.

Anyway, solid month for the gaming industry as a whole. Good job Sony, Ninty and Microsoft!

Because these numbers show how likely it is for Microsoft to abandon the Xbone by next year. It further solidifies our argument that Microsoft should leave the gaming industry.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#203 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

No one understood the constant celebration of sales from lems last gen ( which went on for over 7 years ) so its only natural cows will talk about sales this gen now that the table has turned. why? no clue maybe lems shouldnt have done it last gen.

i agree on your last statement great work for all 3 companies and very well done to all gamers, the more games sell the better.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 applefan1991  Moderator

@bublover1: are you serious? These are the best sales in Microsofts history, why would they just decide to dropout? you can't be serious...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#205 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

Because these numbers show how likely it is for Microsoft to abandon the Xbone by next year. It further solidifies our argument that Microsoft should leave the gaming industry.

If i rememebr correctly, MS is actually making more money from it's gaming division than Sony.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 applefan1991  Moderator

@deadline-zero0: I believe that's correct in terms of console hardware, but I think Sony is pushing more software than Microsoft currently so I think Sony is recouping some of that, that way

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

@bublover1: are you serious? These are the best sales in Microsofts history, why would they just decide to dropout? you can't be serious...

Depends on the net profit overall of that division in regard to shareholder's desires......and for a much longer period of time. Not that I'm saying MS should disappear....

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#208 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

Lifetime sales, they are the best. However, that is almost entirely due to the launch. The last few months worth of sales, however, have been significantly worse monthly sales than 360 ever fell to. While this isn't as bad as Wii U, it is following a similar pattern, a very strong launch followed by a quick fall in sales. They do need to turn this around or they could be looking at original Xbox numbers for sales. Of course, this month we expected low sales due to the coming unbundling of Kinect, so June will be more telling, and July after if it will sustain any gains in sales.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#209 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Anyone else surprised that Kirby made it into the Top 10? I never imagine Kirby games even grazing the best-seller list.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#210  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

because they been losing money on xbox since the first xbox? These guys have never made a single dime of out of this department. They been so focused in beating sony they only been screwing up.

@deadline-zero0 said:

@bublover1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

If i rememebr correctly, MS is actually making more money from it's gaming division than Sony.

keep imagining things then. The first xbox was a total disaster when it comes to loses, with the x360 they had RRoD which was a wide spread problem that caused them to lose billions and then all the money they wasted on timed exclusives on japanese games that never sold well and billion dollar marketing for more games that never sold that well beside kinect for a while.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/216199/Xbox_One_increases_Microsoft_revenues__but_its_cost_cuts_into_profits.php

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/investors-call-for-microsoft-to-abandon-xbox-4299255/

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

http://bgr.com/2013/11/26/xbox-one-profit-estimate/

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50588 Posts

@DerekLoffin said:

@applefan1991 said:

Lifetime sales, they are the best. However, that is almost entirely due to the launch. The last few months worth of sales, however, have been significantly worse monthly sales than 360 ever fell to. While this isn't as bad as Wii U, it is following a similar pattern, a very strong launch followed by a quick fall in sales. They do need to turn this around or they could be looking at original Xbox numbers for sales. Of course, this month we expected low sales due to the coming unbundling of Kinect, so June will be more telling, and July after if it will sustain any gains in sales.

This is what I've been saying. The boost from launch is what gave X1 the "Best in xbox history blah blah." It's kinda fell off from that since then.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

So what are the actual numbers? Link or something?

Got it from Gaf

PS4 ~ 197k

3DS ~ 97K

XB1 ~ 77k

Wii U ~ 61k

360 ~ 57k

PSV ~ 56k

PS3 ~ 36k

Wii ~ 11k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838895&page=55

And so how did some random guy on the internet get the numbers when no actual reporting sites have the breakdown? you just blindly take his word and math? ok.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Eight more hours, right?

Can you imagine the shitstorm if the Xbone beats the PS4 this month?

The PS4 should crush the XB1 in May. The price drop was announced in early May. Why buy a XB1 when a price drop was coming a month later?

brace yourselves, excuses are coming.

Shut your piehole, troll.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#214  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

Oh really !!? :P You werent here to see the countless posts of lems that were laughing to cows over and over and over ? Even a year ago there were celebrating topics from lems declaring win ... because they ended up 2nd ( how laughable can this be? ) !!! , slightly ahead of PS3 and way behind from real winner...

Now that its payback time ... lems playing the victims !! ... last 7 years though they went rampage towards Sony and cows. Payback time , they have the right to do so imho and lems deserve it big time

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@applefan1991 said:

Oh really !!? :P You werent here to see the countless posts of lems that were laughing to cows over and over and over ? Even a year ago there were celebrating topics from lems declaring win ... because they ended up 2nd ( how laughable can this be? ) !!! , slightly ahead of PS3 and way behind from real winner...

Now that its payback time ... lems playing the victims !! ... last 7 years though they went rampage towards Sony and cows. Payback time , they have the right to do so imho and lems deserve it big time

Are you sure they finished second?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#216 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

I encourage you to go back in time and read the threads about:

x360 dominating on multiplats because of 3 frames and 7 pixels missing. But now that the PS4 is having the best multiplats all of a sudden the difference between 720p and 1080p is not that great, not even noticeable compared to single frame that SFIV is missing on PS3 because of vsync. PS3 had no defendants like Sessler and Polygon.

when Wii was dominating on sales there were sheep everywhere celebrating their shitty console was destroying gaming as we know it.

herms were celebrating and saying the PS3 had no games and it was selling so bad they should drop out off the market even though the console was always wining WW sales and getting more or less the same amount of exclusives.

Or are you really gonna deny all this? And who said that sales didn't matter? We always said that NPD didn't matter because the PS3 was always wining WW sales, that's how it closed a gap of 10 millions. And selling bad like Vita and Wii U means hardly any 3rd party support. Game cost millions of dollar to make you know...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#217  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@AzatiS said:

@applefan1991 said:

Are you sure they finished second?

Thats why they were partying about !! If to be second is an achivement with +1 year in the market than everyone else ... Only lems !! Only ...

Now no i dont think they still are , PS3 is slightly ahead or? I dont even know

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#218 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Is anyone really surprised at all by these numbers?

Will be interesting to see how June will look.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Pathetic numbers MS

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Eight more hours, right?

The PS4 should crush the XB1 in May. The price drop was announced in early May. Why buy a XB1 when a price drop was coming a month later?

no,u

lol stormyclown and his 12 yo replies.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts
@Krelian-co said:

SloppyJoe fits him better. :P

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Excellent! I'm just sad that there aren't more posts like this from my favorite System Wars contingent.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 StormyJoe

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Eight more hours, right?

no,u

Really, I'm the troll? What-the-F-ever.

My post about May's NPD is spot on. You are the fricken loser troll who has to post stupid gifs and call any sort of logical analysis "excuses". You're a troglodyte.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 StormyJoe

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

Excellent! I'm just sad that there aren't more posts like this from my favorite System Wars contingent.

Sometimes, I have to be simple and to the point.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#225  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

Well TLHBO as usual. Good to see the PS4 doing so well. I think it's time for a new better contender to enter the arena and replace MS. They won't be missed by many anyways.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Eight more hours, right?

no,u

Really, I'm the troll? What-the-F-ever.

My post about May's NPD is spot on. You are the fricken loser troll who has to post stupid gifs and call any sort of logical analysis "excuses". You're a troglodyte.

stop crying clowny, you better start making next month excuses.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#227 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Lemmings don't like gaming.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

Lemmings don't like gaming.

I still get a huge laugh at how things were a few months ago. If some of the SW Lems were to be believed, gaming was so last gen.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22777 Posts

@bublover1: please stop making sony Fanboys look worse than they already do. Broken logic is forever broken.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#230 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Mario Kart 8 did great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#231 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@bublover1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

Were did you get that from? Thats just not true. MS has a company is making more money than sony, true, but its gaming division actually has been loosing money for quite a while now. Even MS investors wanted to sell it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Shewgenja

Is it unreasonable to assume that MS would be weighing an exit strategy if a price drop fails to give the XBone a bounce in the market? I mean, all this talk about being the best start ever completely disregards the fact that the XBone sold 1/3 as much as the 360 did in May 2006.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

Is it unreasonable to assume that MS would be weighing an exit strategy if a price drop fails to give the XBone a bounce in the market? I mean, all this talk about being the best start ever completely disregards the fact that the XBone sold 1/3 as much as the 360 did in May 2006.

Here we go...

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

No that would be a watse of a lot of money and what will they do with the millions of disgruntled XBone owners ?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

More sales mean better and more support from 3rd parties.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

x360 dominating on multiplats because of 3 frames and 7 pixels missing. But now that the PS4 is having the best multiplats all of a sudden the difference between 720p and 1080p is not that great, not even noticeable compared to single frame that SFIV is missing on PS3 because of vsync. PS3 had no defendants like Sessler and Polygon.

when Wii was dominating on sales there were sheep everywhere celebrating their shitty console was destroying gaming as we know it.

herms were celebrating and saying the PS3 had no games and it was selling so bad they should drop out off the market even though the console was always wining WW sales and getting more or less the same amount of exclusives.

Or are you really gonna deny all this? And who said that sales didn't matter? We always said that NPD didn't matter because the PS3 was always wining WW sales, that's how it closed a gap of 10 millions. And selling bad like Vita and Wii U means hardly any 3rd party support. Game cost millions of dollar to make you know...

So basically, wah wah wah we got bullied? Everything that was once irrelevant is now relevant?

I'd respect cows a lot more if they were consistent and not a bunch of whiny hypocrits. I'm a sheep, sales "always" mattered to me. I'm still in NPD threads some 5 years later claiming the exact same thing. Cows can't keep their shit straight, it's sad.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 StormyJoe

The Xbox 360 sold (from MS's perspective - a.k.a. "shipped") about 6 million it's first 12 months. The XB1 has shipped more than that already. I hardly think MS is thinking of exiting the market, @Shewgenja.

I am sure they are disappointed that they are not selling as many units as the PS4, though...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

The Xbox 360 sold (from MS's perspective - a.k.a. "shipped") about 6 million it's first 12 months. The XB1 has shipped more than that already. I hardly think MS is thinking of exiting the market, @Shewgenja.

I am sure they are disappointed that they are not selling as many units as the PS4, though...

See, ya'll read into that whatever you want. They could sell off the brand to another company to manage. It's not like there wouldn't be a Bone anymore, it might just be SBone for Samsung or Sanyo.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@Gue1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

So basically, wah wah wah we got bullied? Everything that was once irrelevant is now relevant?

I'd respect cows a lot more if they were consistent and not a bunch of whiny hypocrits. I'm a sheep, sales "always" mattered to me. I'm still in NPD threads some 5 years later claiming the exact same thing. Cows can't keep their shit straight, it's sad.

I'm not certain what you mean by that phrase.

If you are talking about the two factions claiming superiority over multiplats, Gue1 covered that.

If you're referring to sales, those have also mattered two. In the history of cows, technically they would be all over sales. I mean, look at the PS1 and PS2, udder (hehe) domination. Even with the PS3, that was a bitter battle to vie for second place. Perhaps the one thing that was mentioned that most about sales was that NPD didn't equal world sales, since the PS3 managed to move a lot of ground outside of NA.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@Gue1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

I think you got it wrong! Cows gave up on NPD because there were no chances against the 360 but in the mean time Cows always bought up about world wide sale which PS3 was wining against the 360. In fact that is how PS3 closing the 1 year gap from the 360. Sales were always matter for cows just not the NPD because it was a total defeat!

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Didn't mario kart only chart for 2 days in may?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ActicEdge

@StrifeDelivery said:

I'm not certain what you mean by that phrase.

If you are talking about the two factions claiming superiority over multiplats, Gue1 covered that.

If you're referring to sales, those have also mattered two. In the history of cows, technically they would be all over sales. I mean, look at the PS1 and PS2, udder (hehe) domination. Even with the PS3, that was a bitter battle to vie for second place. Perhaps the one thing that was mentioned that most about sales was that NPD didn't equal world sales, since the PS3 managed to move a lot of ground outside of NA.

The multiplat thing is huge as cows have been doing that since the Xbox OG got superior multiplats to the PS2. Carried over to the next gen and now all of a sudden cows care so much. That is pure hypocrisy plain and simple. Either something matters to you or it doesn't. Cows can never just be consistent on that. All last gen, all I would hear is "NPD =/= the World", now this gen all I hear about is how cows are "dominating" in the Xbox's best territory. Why can you not be consistent? Either US sales matter or they don't (hint, they always mattered). I have the same issue with sheep in sales, either the shit is important or it isn't. I always maintained that it mattered, not because it favored me but because of genuine reasons that don't change regardless of who is winning. Just because my preferred system is ahead doesn't mean you get to change the rules.

Any how, the whole thing is irrelevant because cumulative console sales are going to be down this gen and at best 1 system (the PS4) will reach 100 million with 0 chance of it surpassing the PS2 or DS. Basically, I remember all these cows from last gen and these NPD threads were a lot of disregarding shit that conveniently matters now. Go away if you can be honest. None of yall care about sales, you care about bragging.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

See, ya'll read into that whatever you want. They could sell off the brand to another company to manage. It's not like there wouldn't be a Bone anymore, it might just be SBone for Samsung or Sanyo.

You do realize how silly that sounds?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ActicEdge

@Shinobishyguy said:

Didn't mario kart only chart for 2 days in may?

2 or 3. It will easily chart next month as well. The WiiU will also sustain some of its bump as well in June. It's too bad the release schedule is so barren. They could really use some EA sports titles to pad the release calender.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Dire_Weasel

@StormyJoe said:

The Xbox One got a giant boost from low-information buyers in November and December 2013.

Since then, Xbox One 2014 sales have been tracking far below Xbox 360 2006 sales. Unsurprisingly, It turned out that an underpowered, $500 console with waggle wasn't what US consumers wanted.

And now the Xbox One is down to 76k units/month in its home territory. It's no wonder that Microsoft PR had no comment. We didn't even get a "Zombies killed" or "Laps run" statistic from them.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#246  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Holy shit even the Vita, I didn't see that before.

It's nice to see an actual handheld with promise doing well for once.

Nintendo step yo game up son.You have to get xbone in 3rd place, let the Japanese domination Continuation commence.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ActicEdge

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

The Xbox One got a giant boost from low-information buyers in November and December 2013.

Since then, Xbox One 2014 sales have been tracking far below Xbox 360 2007 sales. Unsurprisingly, It turned out that an underpowered, $500 console with waggle wasn't what US consumers wanted.

And now the Xbox One is down to 76k units/month in its home territory. It's no wonder that Microsoft PR had no comment. We didn't even get a "Zombies killed" or "Laps run" statistic from them.

The 76k is from announcing that they are going to unbundle kinect and sell the system $100 cheaper. Sales should be a ways higher June beyond May generally being the weakest month for games. The X1 will finish a distant second this gen but it isn't going to fizzle off into nothing and lose all third party support. It's not the WiiU here.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 StormyJoe

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

Since then, Xbox One 2014 sales have been tracking far below Xbox 360 2007 sales. Unsurprisingly, It turned out that an underpowered, $500 console with waggle wasn't what US consumers wanted.

XB1 2014 should be compared to 360 2006.

Where do you get the 76k/month?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By StormyJoe

@ni6htmare01 said:

@ActicEdge said:

@Gue1 said:

@applefan1991 said:

I think you got it wrong! Cows gave up on NPD because there were no chances against the 360 but in the mean time Cows always bought up about world wide sale which PS3 was wining against the 360. In fact that is how PS3 closing the 1 year gap from the 360. Sales were always matter for cows just not the NPD because it was a total defeat!

What do you think the point of console sales are? I'll tell you - the more units sold, the bigger the user base, the more games are released.

Given that, do you really think western developers care that much beyond NA and EU? Probably not.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Dire_Weasel

I fixed my 2007 error. Yes, the Xbox 360 launched in 2005. My bad.

76k Xbox One is leaked from May NPD results.