Mass Effect gets a 13/40 from Famitsu

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KittyKatB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 KittyKatB
Member since 2007 • 305 Posts

[QUOTE="Squall_Griver"]To OP
dont fight back man
just sit back and relax.
Ilived

Lol you would believe a liar wouldn't you? He made a Crysis topic claiming he played the full version and it sucked but when people asked him questions on it he would ignore em but reply to others.

Yup I beat Crysis.

The most it will get is an 8.5 from the graphics.

The game itself was terrible.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#102 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Areola54"]maybe ther are dissapointed it's not turn base crapKittyKatB

Actually Mass Effect does have a turn based system.

And with that...the last lingering shread of credibility flies right out of the window.

Oh man this is too much. :lol:

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

dont fight back man
just sit back and relax.
KittyKatB

Lol you would believe a liar wouldn't you? He made a Crysis topic claiming he played the full version and it sucked but when people asked him questions on it he would ignore em but reply to others.

Yup I beat Crysis.

If you say so. You suck at lying but it's fun seeing people gang up on you for being so obvious.

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts

[QUOTE="johneese"]Who honestly cares about mass effect.KittyKatB

Apparently lot's of people are angry that this game flopped.

The review was written by a person like you that has never played the game, so there is no reason to be angry because it hasn't flopped and most likely never will. And a lot of people care, the game is being hyped...

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts

[QUOTE="kentaro22"] I will admit I am pretty funny and not an over all douche bag like close minded fanboys are.

I don't make threads bashing consoles or people, I'm all about love. But if fools want an argument, I'll be more than happy to spray the facts and let the sad excuse of a confrontation die.

The Japanese love American culture, American games don't succeed because of bad marketing, or because they simply never get ported.

BreakingPoint8
So, you didn't start by accusing me of having a Alt account? And where did I say that the Japanese hate american culture or american games. You must be blind if you think that all american games catter to the japanese or vice-versa, and I'm not talking about sales only. You might say that you are all about love, but you actions say otherwise.
jcant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jcant
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
[QUOTE="Medjai"]

wall of text

and Japanese hate WRPG's

Bioware is a great dev and the game will be awesome

I really don't care what they rated it

KittyKatB

And yet they loved Halo 3 and many other western games.

Sorry,but that stereotype does not count.

Is Halo3 a WRPG? No, so shut up, you don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway, this seems fake.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts
Posting fake reviews = 7 day suspension.
GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
[QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

[QUOTE="Areola54"]maybe ther are dissapointed it's not turn base crapThe_Game21x

Actually Mass Effect does have a turn based system.

And with that...the last lingering shread of credibility flies right out of the window.

Oh man this is too much. :lol:

He had credibility? :lol:

XYZVector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 XYZVector
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts

Watch Crysis and Mass Effect flop here at GS. Quote me on this.KittyKatB

You have been quoted, and what do we get if it doesn't flop???

Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

dont fight back man
just sit back and relax.
KittyKatB

Yup I beat Crysis.

lol......so Lair,HS,Uncharted graphics>>>>>Crysis?.....you are on a serious roll!:lol:

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]Sounds like the game isn't going to be that great.BioShockOwnz

Sounds like the TC suckered you into a lie, eh?

Sounds like some of you have your panties in a bunch. Look at all the attention this thread has gotten over a lie :)

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#112 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Although Mass Effect has some obvious charm, that charm is short lived and at best it fails to deliver fully on its promises. The constant emphasis on combat, something many have come to expect from North American titles quickly becomes tiresome and leaves players with a bad taste in their mouth. Mass Effect maintains a futuristic, sometimes comical atmosphere throughout the entire game, yet it never really makes you laugh. Its resource management system is, at best, woeful and the interaction and dialogue between the games either extraordinarily cliché, or just plain bland characters is only barely able to get the story across but somehow manage to remain stiff and unlikeable throughout the course of the game. The weapons and their subsequent upgrades are absurdly unrealistic even when factoring in artistic license and the games setting. The multiple branching dialogue paths makes finding the correct path that you're supposed to play the game difficult at best as reloading from previous saves becomes necessary, and at times absolutely crucial in order to get the proper ending to the game. To make matters worse, the game is hardly playable in its default 'real-time' mode. It's slightly better in the turn based mode, but the lack of respawning enemies and legendary equipment makes reaching a high level near impossible.

Mass Effect was a title that promised to deliver, but sadly, despite the potential of the game and its setting, it achieves a less than mediocre level of satisfaction from playing it at best .
13/40
Famitsu

These are the same people who gave Halo 3 a 37/40,so don't tell me they are biased against 360 games. It's over guys,the 360 holiday season is finished.

This is the reason why the PC and PS3 will win.

KittyKatB

If this is true, I still am going to buy this game, and I dissagree with famitsu with giving it such a poor score, but if it is true, remember people, this is just one site or magazines personal opinion and review of the game and means nothing, just how I dissagree with the review of what Ratchet got from gamespot. Anyways Mass Effect may not look as great of a title to me as Assassins Creed and Uncharted but one thing I know for sure is u will have alot of hours of fun on this game and to me that is must buy title for me. Another thing is, OXM and a few other users on this forum are already saying this game has the best story ever, which I think is big words if u are to compare it to Final Fantasy games of the passed and The master of story telling, Mr. Kojima with the MGS Series. I would have to play Mass Effect first and find out for myself if this game truelly does have the best storyline of all time. I will buy this game though and should be a great game to go along with Uncharted and Assassins Creed for this holiday season for me. :)

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

[QUOTE="johneese"]Who honestly cares about mass effect.KittyKatB

Apparently lot's of people are angry that this game flopped.

It didn't. Don't tell lies :|
maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]Sounds like the game isn't going to be that great.BioShockOwnz

Sounds like the TC suckered you into a lie, eh?

One born every minute...poor, poor Zhengi.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Although Mass Effect has some obvious charm, that charm is short lived and at best it fails to deliver fully on its promises. The constant emphasis on combat, something many have come to expect from North American titles quickly becomes tiresome and leaves players with a bad taste in their mouth. Mass Effect maintains a futuristic, sometimes comical atmosphere throughout the entire game, yet it never really makes you laugh. Its resource management system is, at best, woeful and the interaction and dialogue between the games either extraordinarily cliché, or just plain bland characters is only barely able to get the story across but somehow manage to remain stiff and unlikeable throughout the course of the game. The weapons and their subsequent upgrades are absurdly unrealistic even when factoring in artistic license and the games setting. The multiple branching dialogue paths makes finding the correct path that you're supposed to play the game difficult at best as reloading from previous saves becomes necessary, and at times absolutely crucial in order to get the proper ending to the game. To make matters worse, the game is hardly playable in its default 'real-time' mode. It's slightly better in the turn based mode, but the lack of respawning enemies and legendary equipment makes reaching a high level near impossible.

Mass Effect was a title that promised to deliver, but sadly, despite the potential of the game and its setting, it achieves a less than mediocre level of satisfaction from playing it at best .
13/40
Famitsu

These are the same people who gave Halo 3 a 37/40,so don't tell me they are biased against 360 games. It's over guys,the 360 holiday season is finished.

KittyKatB

Nice. Lemmings got OWNED.

barneyalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 barneyalfonso
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
TC reminds me of -Renegade.
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
The multiple branching dialogue paths makes finding the correct path that you're supposed to play the game difficult at best as reloading from previous saves becomes necessary, and at times absolutely crucial in order to get the proper ending to the game.KittyKatB
How is this a bad thing? :? There shouldn't be a "correct" path through the game. :roll:
DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DilutedDante
Member since 2004 • 1633 Posts
Yup I beat Crysis.

KittyKatB

Whats terrible about it? Poor controls? Dissapointing story? What?

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#119 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

WIthout a scan, link, or some other form of proof I'm going to call this bogus.

GameInformer gave it a 9.75.
SmashBrosLegend

Game informer also gave lair a 7.5 and ratchet and clank a 9.25. Unlike gamespot :( :evil:

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Game Informer 9.75 and IMO, Game Informer > Famitsu so hard it would make my 360 RRoD.
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Rikusaki

Actually he has been lying all day today. But it's ok, if it makes you feel better then believe it lol.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]WIthout a scan, link, or some other form of proof I'm going to call this bogus.

GameInformer gave it a 9.75.
munu9

Game informer also gave lair a 7.5 and ratchet and clank a 9.25. Unlike gamespot :( :evil:

And I agree with those scores so much more than what GS gave them as well.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

A Japanese magazine saying that a WRPG is full of cliches? Must be fake.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
May be fake but the choosing dialog part could be happen for real. I hate choosing paths.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Rikusaki

/facepalm

Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts

Rikusaki

did you read the review your fellow cow made?.....

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Juggernaut140

May be fake but the choosing dialog part could be happen for real. I hate choosing paths.m_machine024

Why?! You don't like the ability to make the outcome a game different every time?

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts
cool, well lets see the scan or it even appear on any news site and then well talk.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SpruceCaboose
How come the last fake GS thread about Famitsu scoring Mass Effect had it at 14/40 and not 13/40? And why can't I find scans of it on any of the normal channels? Or news of it anywhere but these two fake threads?
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"]

[QUOTE="kentaro22"] I will admit I am pretty funny and not an over all douche bag like close minded fanboys are.

I don't make threads bashing consoles or people, I'm all about love. But if fools want an argument, I'll be more than happy to spray the facts and let the sad excuse of a confrontation die.

The Japanese love American culture, American games don't succeed because of bad marketing, or because they simply never get ported.

kentaro22

So, you didn't start by accusing me of having a Alt account? And where did I say that the Japanese hate american culture or american games. You must be blind if you think that all american games catter to the japanese or vice-versa, and I'm not talking about sales only. You might say that you are all about love, but you actions say otherwise.

Because the majority of your posts are just to start arguements, I have a soar spot for people who make topics simply to start flame wars. Like this thread, http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26032769

I wasn't too hostile there was I, even though I should have been considering how you approached the situation. People who make threads like that typically have alt accounts where they can spread BS just to get a rise out of people. You see this dude right here is doing just that.

Also I don't believe the Japanese gamers are as biased and close minded as you seem to think they are.

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

A. Famitsu is pretty much the only reviewers I trust on the entire planet, but that is kinda moot since it's my opinion.

B. After some investigation, I believe this is probably fake, though the TC might have believed it is real. I am biased and hope it is fake, but I'm not bitter enough to be mad about it.

C. If it is not fake, the Mass Effect will have a very big chance of flopping from gamespot as well, I'm afraid.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#132 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
I think I can sum up the majority opinion in this thread: "link or GTFO"
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#133 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Rikusaki

The TC suckered you with this fake review too?

Hey look everybody! We've got another one!

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 rocktimusprime

Mass Effect maintains a futuristic, sometimes comical atmosphere throughout the entire game, yet it never really makes you laugh

so ME is a comical game with lots of jokes like Psychonauts?

lol fake.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Rikusaki
Hey, Riku, would you like some ice cream? Maybe some soda? Or a piece of candy? Y'know, something pleasant to help take your mind off how badly you just self-owned.
demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 demonik_360
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
Wow i never thought people would be so mad over this. Just because there japan, and its a WRPG, doesn't mean they cant give their opnion, they gave Halo 3 a review just as good as everyone else did. I hope not,but i can see how this could happen with the gameplay and what not. Lets wait for GS to rate it(which im sure will be a 9.5. ill play it and review it early and post here. My friend at gamestop is hookin me up early with this game a day early...Shhhhh.
GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

Rikusaki

Even more cows lose their credibility today.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Ilived

Actually he has been lying all day today. But it's ok, if it makes you feel better then believe it lol.

k thx ps3 is the best and 360 is the worst

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Juggernaut140

Wow i never thought people would be so mad over this. Just because there japan, and its a WRPG, doesn't mean they cant give their opnion, they gave Halo 3 a review just as good as everyone else did. I hope not,but i can see how this could happen with the gameplay and what not. Lets wait for GS to rate it(which im sure will be a 9.5. ill play it and review it early and post here. My friend at gamestop is hookin me up early with this game a day early...Shhhhh. demonik_360

IT'S FAKE

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SpruceCaboose

I think I can sum up the majority opinion in this thread: "link or GTFO"munu9

There is no link. I looked. All over. Its fake. Which is really, really sad. And it speaks volumes about the TC that he would take all this trouble to make up stuff about a game he'd never play.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Hoffgod

Hey, Riku, would you like some ice cream? Maybe some soda? Or a piece of candy? Y'know, something pleasant to help take your mind off how badly you just self-owned.

k gimme!

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Rikusaki

OMFG :lol:

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

How come the last fake GS thread about Famitsu scoring Mass Effect had it at 14/40 and not 13/40? And why can't I find scans of it on any of the normal channels? Or news of it anywhere but these two fake threads?SpruceCaboose
Hmm

Despite Mass Effect's obvious charm, that charm is short lived and at best it fails to deliver fully on its promises. The constant emphasis on combat, something many have come to expect from North American titles (particularly in the last 3 years or so after an equally overrated combat intensive title, Half Life 2 and the subsequent episodic content released via ?Steam?) quickly becomes tiresome and leaves players with a bad taste in their mouth. Mass Effect maintains a futuristic, sometimes comical atmosphere throughout the entire game, yet it never really makes you laugh. Its resource management system is, at best, woeful and the interaction and dialogue between the games either extraordinarily cliché, or just plain bland characters only barely manage to get the story across but manage to remain stiff and unlikeable. The weapons and their subsequent upgrades are absurdly unrealistic even when factoring in artistic license and the games setting. The multiple branching dialogue paths makes finding the correct path that you're supposed to play the game difficult at best as reloading from previous saves becomes necessary, and at times absolutely crucial in order to get the proper ending to the game.

To make matters worse, the game is hardly playable in its default 'real-time' mode. It's slightly better in the turn based mode, but the lack of respawning enemies and legendary equipment makes reaching a high level near impossible.

Mass Effect was a title that promised to deliver, but sadly, despite the potential of the game and it?s setting, it achieves a less than mediocre level of satisfaction from playing it at best .

=13/40Some dude on the G4 Forums

The same review is posted here but with some differences in what's written. Not to mention the entire 13/14 thing. With no scan still, I call BS.

Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
I dont see this anywhere on the famitsu website.
Go away, you are making certain people look bad.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Juggernaut140

LOL i know, right?

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Rikusaki

k gimme!

It's okay guys, he's like 10, I've seen him post before

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 rocktimusprime

I just got the latest Famitsu to...

Uncharted got 1/500000

see i can make stuff up to :)

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="KittyKatB"]

13/40
Famitsu

Rikusaki

LOL i know, right?

Laughing at you and you're completely and utterly wrong statement

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Rikusaki

I dont see this anywhere on the famitsu website.
Go away, you are making certain people look bad.
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

yeah like the people that arn't me.

i am looking good and everyone is looking bad. thanks a lot TC.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="Hoffgod"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Juggernaut140

k gimme!

It's okay guys, he's like 10, I've seen him post before

no im more like 4957943. jeez u are so wrong.