SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Man, I have such high hopes for the game but I'm likely thinking with my heart not my head. ;o

What you think SW, will it disappoint or be the bestest ME evah!! lol :P

The Story.

-----

Mass Effect 5's Development Team Is Made Up Of Veterans, BioWare Reminds Fans

Once again, BioWare is reminding fans that the next Mass Effect is being made by franchise veterans.

By on March 26, 2024 at 7:33AM PDT

Where to buyNext Mass EffectThere are currently no available dealsGameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.

BioWare has once again confirmed that the team developing the next Mass Effect game is made up of veterans of the sci-fi RPG series.

Michael Gamble, an executive producer at BioWare who is leading the team making the next Mass Effect game, said on X (via GamesRadar) that the game's executive producer, art director, creative director, and game director are all veterans of the original Mass Effect trilogy. Much of this information was known previously, but it resurfaced recently on social media.

As announced previously, Dusty Everman, who was "one of the key people responsible for bringing the original Normandy to life," is the principal narrative designer for the next Mass Effect, while Mass Effect trilogy cinematic director Parrish Levy is creative director. Joining Everman and Levy is 20-year BioWare veteran and producer Brenon Holmes. The next Mass Effect's art director is Derek Watts, the original game's art director.

The original announcement of the next Mass Effect game from 2020 included mention of a "veteran" team was making the game.

The Mass Effect series debuted in 2007 and saw two main sequels, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect: Andromeda followed in 2017. It wasn't as well-received as the earlier games, with criticism directed at its story, character animations, and quest design.

After Andromeda, BioWare's next game, Anthem, didn't resonate with fans either. The Mass Effect series highlight is generally considered to be Mass Effect 2, which received a 9/10 in GameSpot's review.

In addition to the next Mass Effect, BioWare is developing Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, which might release as soon as this year.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

Crazy how far Bioware fell. Name use to make disgusting nerds quiver. (and normies who play casual Mass Effect games)...

Now the brand name couldn't move a very light dial.

Thank you EA.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@uninspiredcup:

For a very long time when asked what are my favorite devs, Bioware and Bungie always topped the list.

Yeah man, how times have changed.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Bioware have singularly failed to deliver a quality product in years, provide a quality product and I'm your customer, but at this point even visual previews aren't going to do it for me, to buy a Bioware/EA product at this point I could do with a trial, heavy discount etc.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

TRUST US FAM
lmao f*ck off. Whatever comes from their mouth means nothing. Show me an unedited 2h of gameplay, and i'll judge your shit by myself. Slimy f*cks are working for this company, so don't listen to anything they say.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2565 Posts

Have to wait for a real trailer, but i'm not very optimistic.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Oh hell yeah! Very hyped for ME5.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1055 Posts

Remind Bioware that they're owned by EA and some of those people like Dusty are from Andromeda. Also they misspelled Parrish Ley.

I wish them the best and hopefully despite EA it will be a good game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

I don't believe they have an A-team left anymore.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8472 Posts

When PR tries to assure you it's not crap like the last time, then it's crap.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:

When PR tries to assure you it's not crap like the last time, then it's crap.

And it makes me sick knowing people aren't getting it. Do you see the gods at Fromsoft reassuring their fans? Have we ever seen this happening with Bioware themselves before they became dogwater? Its simply not a thing. When you're confident in your work, and your crew knows what's up, you don't even need to say anything. Just show a 5 minutes long gameplay showcase, and its plenty to see if the game has potential or is the next BF2042.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

Honestly I don't think they know what story to tell... I think when Karphysian left the writing went downhill and the magic left with it. I don't believe they are working on a story and scope that will rival the first game. It's impossible to do under EA. they will want it to meet certain metrics that make it feel like a disjointed shooter with micro transactions....with Andromeda they severed the need for a squad which is a fundamental bit of evidence that they don't even understand the ip. To say I'm pessimistic on mass effect 5 is an understatement, but man would I love to he proven wrong....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

I have a strong feeling that the game would be blame for being too woke.😏

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice

@Pedro said:

I have a strong feeling that the game would be blame for being too woke.😏

Leave mah Mass Effect alone!! lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Me too, hope it's good!

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

Fingets crossed. Give us a good game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

Cautiously optimistic.

I'm still burning a candle for Bioware after all these years. I found Anthem to have solid fundamentals in terms of gameplay, and ME Andromeda was far from bad. I also though DA Inquisition was quite good as well, really great level design in my opinion.

What they lack these days is the overall spirit, that undefinable factor, of the old Bioware. The characters in ME Andromeda were forgettable, Anthem was trying to move in on the Destiny loot-n-shoot trend and failed to capture our attention.

I hope Bioware returns to form by giving us more of that great spirit and story and characters in addition to the modernized gameplay elements I've grown to enjoy in their recent games.

@Heil68 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Me too, hope it's good!

Not hyped, but hoping for the best.

ME: Andromeda was not bad by any stretch. Having just replayed it, in fact, I can say that a few years after release it's still quite fun.

It's just, you know, not as good as the ME trilogy. But it's sure more fun to play than ME 1 and 2! Just lacks the characters and story and high stakes of the original trilogy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25
@TheEroica said:

Honestly I don't think they know what story to tell... I think when Karphysian left the writing went downhill and the magic left with it. I don't believe they are working on a story and scope that will rival the first game. It's impossible to do under EA. they will want it to meet certain metrics that make it feel like a disjointed shooter with micro transactions....with Andromeda they severed the need for a squad which is a fundamental bit of evidence that they don't even understand the ip. To say I'm pessimistic on mass effect 5 is an understatement, but man would I love to he proven wrong....

I honestly cannot remember a single squad member from ME Andromeda and I replayed it not too long ago.

I mean, there was Short-Haired Blonde Woman, there was Liara-but-not-Liara, there was Not-Stereotypical-Black-Dude, and I think two or three other aliens. But I don't really care about them enough to even remember anything about them.

Complete opposite of original ME series. When I did that suicide run in ME2, man I felt soooooooo guilty and ashamed I actually reloaded it so I could save everyone. I cared about them all.

You're spot on in your criticism; they lost the magic. They still make a fun game, though, if you can get over that hurdle (which, I admit, is significant...especially for an RPG).

The thing is, I don't understand why they don't go out and find a talented writer with some renown but, you know, not too much. It really does matter for a game like ME and others. They don't need to hire a Steven King by any means, but someone with a good record of releasing some great fiction.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

the BioWare I loved died many years ago, they haven’t made a BioWare quality product since DA1 and have zero faith that they will again!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@Pedro: Yup. And reminder that the 07 original had "woke" stuff that made the Singaporean government cry. And Fox News.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 744 Posts

See you again in 2030

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2140 Posts

The veterans were the ones who fucked up ME3 ending, so I wouldn't see this as a 100% positive.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I agree with what many others have said. I hope it will be great, but I don't believe it. Have very fond memories of the original trilogy. But the current service mindset of the industry poisons everything. If they are allow to make the best game they can it could be great. If the design is mostly dictated by "business models" it will be another tedious hollow shell of a game.

Fingers crossed!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@mrbojangles25 said:
@TheEroica said:

I honestly cannot remember a single squad member from ME Andromeda and I replayed it not too long ago.

I mean, there was Short-Haired Blonde Woman, there was Liara-but-not-Liara, there was Not-Stereotypical-Black-Dude, and I think two or three other aliens. But I don't really care about them enough to even remember anything about them.

Complete opposite of original ME series. When I did that suicide run in ME2, man I felt soooooooo guilty and ashamed I actually reloaded it so I could save everyone. I cared about them all.

You're spot on in your criticism; they lost the magic. They still make a fun game, though, if you can get over that hurdle (which, I admit, is significant...especially for an RPG).

The thing is, I don't understand why they don't go out and find a talented writer with some renown but, you know, not too much. It really does matter for a game like ME and others. They don't need to hire a Steven King by any means, but someone with a good record of releasing some great fiction.

The entire approach to mass effect has been a disaster since EA took over. I suppose you can credit them with some of mass effect 2, but really can you? BioWare was still largely intact at that point. EA successfully took what was one of gaming most stand-up and-notice properties and effectively killed it as it had no presence last Gen other than a failed game that should've never happened.

When you say, "the thing is... Why don't they....." you're speaking to human beings making a game they take pride in.... Mass Effect is owned by corporate zombies who spend more time trying to shoe horn microsotransactions into their games than developing a proper continuation of an amazing ip. It's gross.

Good writing would be wasted on an EA controlled product. They don't understand the IP despite owning it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

Its so depressing to think that we will never have another good game in that world. Andromeda style shovelware is the future.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#27 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Crazy how far Bioware fell. Name use to make disgusting nerds quiver. (and normies who play casual Mass Effect games)...

Now the brand name couldn't move a very light dial.

Thank you EA.

I can forgive EA for killing BioWare... But I can never forgive them for killing Burnout!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SecretPolice

Mooaar food for thought. lol :P

Shepard... yes or no?

Only partial, full read hit the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/why-mass-effect-4-s-future-trailers-have-to-be-transparent/ar-BB1kN6bt?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=300752e88f5b4a9688400f0e75b90390&ei=18

Why Mass Effect 4's Future Trailers Have to Be Transparent

Commander Shepard is one of gaming's most cherished protagonists, and while a lot of this may be due to the amount of freedom players have to shape their personalities and therefore foster a deep connection with them, there is still an unalterable level of leadership and bravery in Shepard that makes them admirable. Simultaneously, their undeniable weaknesses humanize them and make them relatable. These are all reasons whyMass Effect 3's cliffhanger concerning them was such a big deal. So, whenMass Effect 4begins its initial marketing phase, its trailers need to be upfront about Shepard, as it can't afford to allow its narrative to revolve around the Commander's fate after more than a decade of waiting.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25

@TheEroica said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@TheEroica said:

The entire approach to mass effect has been a disaster since EA took over. I suppose you can credit them with some of mass effect 2, but really can you? BioWare was still largely intact at that point. EA successfully took what was one of gaming most stand-up and-notice properties and effectively killed it as it had no presence last Gen other than a failed game that should've never happened.

When you say, "the thing is... Why don't they....." you're speaking to human beings making a game they take pride in.... Mass Effect is owned by corporate zombies who spend more time trying to shoe horn microsotransactions into their games than developing a proper continuation of an amazing ip. It's gross.

Good writing would be wasted on an EA controlled product. They don't understand the IP despite owning it.

Ditto to Westwood Studios; I feel like they got it right with Red Alert 2 and C&C Tiberian Sun, but that was when Westwood still had some of the same people there from prior to EA, but then immediately after that it sort of went downhill.

They kicked the FMV kitsch into overdrive and sort of ruined the appeal of the video briefings (beforehand they were corny, but not too much) and got some big-name actors, then after that they series just nosedived into mediocrity and *groan* a browser-based game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mrbojangles25

The irony here is they're assuring us that ME5 will be good, but won't admit that ME Andromeda was a vastly inferior product.

Did they have "veterans" working on ME Andromeda? Hmmmm...

I'm not a big fan of the whole "with age brings wisdom" generalization because I know plenty of dumb old people, but one thing I will say about getting old is that you start to see patterns and you can really see through marketing and bullshit 😂😋😉

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice

@mrbojangles25:

Eh, I tried I think twice, and I couldn't get through the first half hour or so of ME:A before quitting. ;o

ME4 or 5, whatever they'll call it has no way to go but up from the letdown that was ME:A. :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator

@SecretPolice said:

@mrbojangles25:

Eh, I tried I think twice, and I couldn't get through the first half hour or so of ME:A before quitting. ;o

ME4 or 5, whatever they'll call it has no way to go but up from the letdown that was ME:A. :P

That's because it was a soulless husk of a game. The opposite of the trilogy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SecretPolice

Okay so all this doom and gloom in regard to the next ME game needs to change. We must be optimistic, and I implore you all to at least do this...

I mean, it can't hurt. lolol :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator

@SecretPolice said:

Okay so all this doom and gloom in regard to the next ME game needs to change. We must be optimistic, and I implore you all to at least do this...

I mean, it can't hurt. lolol :P

My heart is still heavily on board with mass effect, but my brain says doom and gloom.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Well it can't be worse than Andromeda right? Hopefully they do a decent job, and chances are this will be a day 1 for me.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts

@SecretPolice: Rampant toxic positivity is half the reason why modern entertainment blows. I respect your desire, but until the world en masse stops hiding from the problem, we are doomed.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Old Bioware is dead.

They will never make a game as good as Mass Effect 2 again. (or Dragon Age: Origins, which was even better).

It'll be better than Andromeda, but that aint saying much.

Mass Effect IP should be given to Larian lolol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice

Let's keep this going shall we? lol :P

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/why-mass-effect-4-s-antagonists-will-always-be-on-the-heels-of-the-reapers/ar-BB1kY4Zz?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=490858af597840fb98d60c17395acf20&ei=10

Why Mass Effect 4's Antagonists Will Always Be on the Heels of the Reapers

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice

Get hyped!! lol :P

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB1kLRaH.img?w=768&h=384&m=6&x=395&y=108&s=173&d=173

Mass Effect Merch Is Back At Insert Coin, And Some Of It's On Sale