mass effect 2 multiplat...

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Why do people think that there is 0% chance that it will come to the ps3.. I for one dont really care about the actual game just asking this for the people that do.
Bioware or whoever the hell made the 1st is owned by EA now , and i know you have heard this a million times but hear me out.
EA as much as i can think of has never released an exclusive this gen , they are the multiplat publishers!
Secondly its probably true that mass effect is a story driven game though what about saints rows 2 i heard you wake up from a coma? obviously there was some story in the first so this point lems make is dealt with.

ALso i hear that you need the 1st or something to transfter your character or whatever. Cant you just Make a new character? or just have a default character and start at a certain lvl or whatever.

That is all.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I don't think anyone cares, it wasn't exclusive anyway it went to PC didn't it?
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
your right it will be multiplat......with the PC that is. Bioware to my knowledge has spend no time working with the PS3 and making a game on PS3 for the first time, as history has shown us takes alot of time to make sure it's good. plus why would ME2 be on PS3 with out the first one. i expect ME2 in Fall 09 with superior PC version in May again
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
but you know the xbox fans.. they love the term 'console exclusive'

Oh and to the above poster , cant EA just make a port?
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts

Why do people think that there is 0% chance that it will come to the ps3.. I for one dont really care about the actual game just asking this for the people that do.
Bioware or whoever the hell made the 1st is owned by EA now , and i know you have heard this a million times but hear me out.
EA as much as i can think of has never released an exclusive this gen , they are the multiplat publishers!
Secondly its probably true that mass effect is a story driven game though what about saints rows 2 i heard you wake up from a coma? obviously there was some story in the first so this point lems make is dealt with.

ALso i hear that you need the 1st or something to transfter your character or whatever. Cant you just Make a new character? or just have a default character and start at a certain lvl or whatever.

That is all.

campzor
Didn't EA distribute L4D? That didn't go to the PS3
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#6 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
In my honest opinion, i doubt most Cows will appreciate the quality of a Bioware title, let alone comprehend a game as expansive and epic as mass effect.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragashahs

Oh and to the above poster , cant EA just make a port? campzor
yea cause orange box did great right?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campzor
[QUOTE="campzor"]but you know the xbox fans.. they love the term 'console exclusive'

Oh and to the above poster , cant EA just make a port? Ragashahs

what part of i dont care about mass effect 2 didnt u get? was it the 'I dont care' part? Whether its crappy or not isnt what im talking about..whether it gets on the system or not..IS For Left4dead EA dont own Valve though , whereas here they own bioware
Droopeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Droopeh
Member since 2008 • 638 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]

That is all.

Theverydeepend

Bioware is not Valve, they would let EA port it over to the PS3.. or Bioware will just develop it for all consoles like a winner.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
Bioware has already said it'll be a timed 360 exclusive with a PC version following shortly. No mention of a PS3 version from them.
Droopeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Droopeh
Member since 2008 • 638 Posts
Bioware has already said it'll be a timed 360 exclusive with a PC version following shortly. No mention of a PS3 version from them.whocares4peace
There's also no mention for when it's being released either, so I think they'll announce it for everything by the time they do.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
Why do people continue to think that a SEQUEL to a major new IP of this Generation will automatically appear on a system that never saw its predecessor? This is as asinine as Gears 3 coming to the PS3. It WON'T happen until the original is announced for the PS3, and given that the game is published by Microsoft, the likely hood of that happening is 0 to none. If you want to play these games than get a 360 or a PC capable of running it. Otherwise quit ASSUMING just because Bioware is now a third party it automatically means that there games are multiplatform. Epic has ALWAYS been third party. You don't see Gears 1 or 2 on the PS3 do you?
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ragashahs
[QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="campzor"]but you know the xbox fans.. they love the term 'console exclusive'

what part of i dont care about mass effect 2 didnt u get? was it the 'I dont care' part? Whether its crappy or not isnt what im talking about..whether it gets on the system or not..IS For Left4dead EA dont own Valve though , whereas here they own bioware

EA is not going to waste time porting it to PS3 cause they know it will be a **** version and they learned from the orange box fiassco that a crap games doens't sell as did OB for PS3. they won't ask bioware to do it cause bioware has it's hands full with ME2 and KOTOR MMO. EA knows there is no point is putting a story based sequal on a platform if the origional isn't wasn't on it and no saints row is not the same. when bioshock was ported they weren't just hoping it would sell but also lead to alot of sales for the bioshock sequal. Mass Effect 2 on PS3 just doens't make economical sense to a company like EA
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="whocares4peace"]Bioware has already said it'll be a timed 360 exclusive with a PC version following shortly. No mention of a PS3 version from them.Droopeh
There's also no mention for when it's being released either, so I think they'll announce it for everything by the time they do.

Could be, after all they are developing Dragon Age for the PS3, but still considering what they've said yet, I wouldnt keep my hopes too high.
dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

Why do people continue to think that a SEQUEL to a major new IP of this Generation will automatically appear on a system that never saw its predecessor? This is as asinine as Gears 3 coming to the PS3. It WON'T happen until the original is announced for the PS3, and given that the game is published by Microsoft, the likely hood of that happening is 0 to none. If you want to play these games than get a 360 or a PC capable of running it. Otherwise quit ASSUMING just because Bioware is now a third party it automatically means that there games are multiplatform. Epic has ALWAYS been third party. You don't see Gears 1 or 2 on the PS3 do you?gamer620

Saints Row 2, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13 all beg to differ.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Why get the second one on the PS3 when you don't have a character to carry over from the first game on the PC/360?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Why get the second one on the PS3 when you don't have a character to carry over from the first game on the PC/360?foxhound_fox
you dont HAVE/NEED to carry your character over , just have a default character and start fresh.
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer620"]Why do people continue to think that a SEQUEL to a major new IP of this Generation will automatically appear on a system that never saw its predecessor? This is as asinine as Gears 3 coming to the PS3. It WON'T happen until the original is announced for the PS3, and given that the game is published by Microsoft, the likely hood of that happening is 0 to none. If you want to play these games than get a 360 or a PC capable of running it. Otherwise quit ASSUMING just because Bioware is now a third party it automatically means that there games are multiplatform. Epic has ALWAYS been third party. You don't see Gears 1 or 2 on the PS3 do you?dragonpuppy

I'll give you Saints Row, but Resident Evil, Tekken, and Final Fantasy never showed up on any current gen consoles (wii doesn't count) so it makes sense that way, and Final Fantasy is in it's own universe so you can release any number on any system any time.

Plus I think Bioware is going to use the save file from the PC and 360 of Mass Effect 1 to transfer over your choices to Mass Effect 2. Plus if it was made to the PS3, they would have to dumb down the story to get everyone else up to speed on the fiction, and that isn't something I think the story board is going to like very much.

agff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 agff9
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
Why do people continue to think that a SEQUEL to a major new IP of this Generation will automatically appear on a system that never saw its predecessor? This is as asinine as Gears 3 coming to the PS3. It WON'T happen until the original is announced for the PS3, and given that the game is published by Microsoft, the likely hood of that happening is 0 to none. If you want to play these games than get a 360 or a PC capable of running it. Otherwise quit ASSUMING just because Bioware is now a third party it automatically means that there games are multiplatform. Epic has ALWAYS been third party. You don't see Gears 1 or 2 on the PS3 do you?gamer620
erm did you saw Star Ocean on any x box ? nope ... so why SO4 is going to 360...?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
you dont HAVE/NEED to carry your character over , just have a default character and start fresh.campzor

The game is a direct sequel... it is being designed so that your actions in the first game will have an effect on what happens in the second... why would anyone want to NOT play the first game before its direct sequel that continues the story exactly from where it cut off?

That would be like watching The Two Towers and never wanting to watch The Fellowship of the Ring.
dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonpuppy"]

[QUOTE="gamer620"]Why do people continue to think that a SEQUEL to a major new IP of this Generation will automatically appear on a system that never saw its predecessor? This is as asinine as Gears 3 coming to the PS3. It WON'T happen until the original is announced for the PS3, and given that the game is published by Microsoft, the likely hood of that happening is 0 to none. If you want to play these games than get a 360 or a PC capable of running it. Otherwise quit ASSUMING just because Bioware is now a third party it automatically means that there games are multiplatform. Epic has ALWAYS been third party. You don't see Gears 1 or 2 on the PS3 do you?insanejedi

I'll give you Saints Row, but Resident Evil, Tekken, and Final Fantasy never showed up on any current gen consoles (wii doesn't count) so it makes sense that way, and Final Fantasy is in it's own universe so you can release any number on any system any time.

Plus I think Bioware is going to use the save file from the PC and 360 of Mass Effect 1 to transfer over your choices to Mass Effect 2. Plus if it was made to the PS3, they would have to dumb down the story to get everyone else up to speed on the fiction, and that isn't something I think the story board is going to like very much.

Or they could go the fallout way and just give little details about things in past games. In fallout 2, you don't really get all the details about fallout 1 but they give you little bits of information while you cruise through the story of fallout 2.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Its probably gonna be a 360/PC exclusive (MS owns both basically) since it would be pointless for them to just port the sequel unless they port the first one also.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Theverydeepend"][QUOTE="campzor"]

That is all.

Droopeh

Bioware is not Valve, they would let EA port it over to the PS3.. or Bioware will just develop it for all consoles like a winner.

no left4dead is actually distributed by valve (theres no EA logo anywhere on the box, and valves adress on the back not EA's)>
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
At this point there is no reason to think it will go to the PS3. Bioware has never said anything that would give any clue of that happening. On another note Mass Effect is great so sucks for PS3 users but from what we have seen all PS3 users also have gamer PCs to run ME2.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
In my honest opinion, i doubt most Cows will appreciate the quality of a Bioware title, let alone comprehend a game as expansive and epic as mass effect.Dead-Memories
And I doubt non-cows will appreciate MGS4, GOTY :| /end sarcarsm :|
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
Cows r bless with a great game, enjoy
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
people saying that there is no chance of it coming to PS3 are being very ignorant. only time will tell.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
who even care if a console loses one of there exlusives? you will still be able to play the game and people who say 'if it was to stay an exlusive it might help the console sell (i mean BIG realeses like FF13)' but is it your problem if the console sells or not? your not making money so who cares? the only thing we should be complaing about is if a multiplat goes exlusive.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
who even care if a console loses one of there exlusives? you will still be able to play the game and people who say 'if it was to stay an exlusive it might help the console sell (i mean BIG realeses like FF13)' but is it your problem if the console sells or not? your not making money so who cares? the only thing we should be complaing about is if a multiplat goes exlusive.PSfanboy101
but on the topic...who knows whats gonna happen? FF13 shocked me so i have no idea what to expect
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Its probably gonna be a 360/PC exclusive (MS owns both basically) since it would be pointless for them to just port the sequel unless they port the first one also.Ballroompirate
MS doesn't own PC
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

That is all.

campzor

Zero chance, because the game has been confirmed only for PC/360, so why would there be any chance ???

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
ME was never an exclusive :? (Unless you count timed-exclusive) Anyways, it would be great if it came to PS3, I rather liked the game, but im not too bothered about it. There are far better games to look fowards to IMO like....just look at my sig...you get the point :D
shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shoemen22
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts
In my honest opinion, i doubt most Cows will appreciate the quality of a Bioware title, let alone comprehend a game as expansive and epic as mass effect.Dead-Memories
what are you on i love my PS3 and i do think the 360 is the weaker console but i have mass effect for my pc and i love it amazing story to it and even though you go on about how we would appreciate it and i would hate to own a 360. Im still playing the better version on the game though and loving it so Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Rdiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rdiz
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

It was already annouced that it would be a 360/pc game

Beside im pretty sure all that money MS threw at BioWare and EA wasnt for nothing

Just because Sony loses there exclusives doesnt mean MS does

Unlike Sony, MS fights tooth and nail for there games

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="insanejedi"][QUOTE="dragonpuppy"]

They have to do that anyway. They cant assume everyone whos buying ME2 has played ME1. It needs to be a standalone game whether it be multiplatform or not
Rdiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rdiz
MS has too much money and isnt going to let one of there top games go to the another console
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
Also, last i heard Bioware had said theyre considering the PS3 and left it at that. Any links that clarify the statement thats been confirmed exclusive?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It might go multiplat but I really don't care if it does.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

It's EA, there is a chance.

A port would be bad.

Rdiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rdiz

Ray Mazyuka already said a billion times now its going to be a 360/PC game

And like I said MS isnt dumb enough to let one of their top games go to another console

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I couldn't care less if it goes multiplat across consoles or not as long as I get to play it, all this crying over lost exclusivity was the most pathetic thing I saw on here last year.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts
Comparing Mass Effect's story to Saint's Row's story... oh dear
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
What would be the point? How would you continue the story of your first character on the PS3?
Rdiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rdiz

The point is the only other system ME2 is gonna go to is PC

ms wont let their top rpg franchise go

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

That's a big NO given Orange Box's inferiority. Plus PS3 users wouldn't buy this game anyway. Would you? >:c

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"]but you know the xbox fans.. they love the term 'console exclusive'

Oh and to the above poster , cant EA just make a port? Salt_The_Fries

That's a big NO given Orange Box's inferiority. Plus PS3 users wouldn't buy this game anyway. Would you? >:c

as i have stated i have no interest in purchasing it , im more of a jrpg kinda guy :P and i know it will probably be a crappy port if it were to be made for the ps3 but still it WOULD be on the ps3!
druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]Its probably gonna be a 360/PC exclusive (MS owns both basically) since it would be pointless for them to just port the sequel unless they port the first one also.Giancar
MS doesn't own PC

Games For Windows/ Windows Vista
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
It's best to stay away from the game if it's anything like it's predecessor. Seriously that was a terrible 10 hour RPG with clunky combat and a stale story. I liked the environment, but it was terribly small and empty. Plus the game had bad side quests and hideous technical problems. The only thing it had going for it was its voice acting.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]Its probably gonna be a 360/PC exclusive (MS owns both basically) since it would be pointless for them to just port the sequel unless they port the first one also.druggyjoe3000
MS doesn't own PC

Games For Windows/ Windows Vista

Indeed. It's Windows only, no Mac version.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
I'm thinking it will go PC/360 as the last one. After all, such was the case with KOTOR.